Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does Twilight keep her friends around her for selfish reasons?

Rarity Paige Belle

(edited)

No. That's not correct.

That's all that needs to be said. If that was her motivation, she wouldn't have friends at all.

Edited by Frostgage
  • Brohoof 5

In the end we see that Twilight develops a close and personal bond with her friends. I believe Celestia would've noticed anyway if Twilight was indeed doing it for selfish reasons.

• Brohoof 2

Not in the slightest, Twilight supports her friends and they support her back through thick and thin. If the loner thing was her motivation, she would not make any friends.

• Brohoof 2

No. That's not correct.

That's all that needs to be said. If that was her motivation, she wouldn't have friends at all.

In the end we see that Twilight develops a close and personal bond with her friends. I believe Celestia would've noticed anyway if Twilight was indeed doing it for selfish reasons.

But what if the other five are afraid of the consequences of disobeying a princess. After all, Twilight was ordered to Ponyville to learn about friendship.

• Brohoof 1

She wasn't really a loner. Moon Dancer and all of the other rich snobs wanted to be her friend. But as she said in Magical Mystery Cure, "friendship was something I never cared much about."

• Brohoof 1

But what if the other five are afraid of the consequences of disobeying a princess. After all, Twilight was ordered to Ponyville to learn about friendship.

We really see no evidence of such fear. Heck, Applejacks letter to Celestia afar the Flim-Flam indent in season 2 which read "I didn't learn anything! I was right all along!" which indicates to me she is not afraid at all.

Again, with no visible signs of fear or distress, I don't think that is a valid claim.

• Brohoof 2

Since when did her friends ever display such a fear?

• Brohoof 4

I'm pretty sure the other five would be smart enough to tell if she was keeping the along for those reasons. And besides, she basically TRANSCENDED because of how good at friendship she was, becoming the literal monarch of friendship. I doubt she could get where she was if she were hanging out with the other ponies for any reason other than genuine friendship.

• Brohoof 1

Oh, do you hate Twilight now, Paige? I give it a week till you're suddenly her biggest fan, going from historical trends.

Twilight's behavior isn't the sort that's conducive to friendship for self-serving reasons. She's doing her part, for sure.

• Brohoof 1

Oh, do you hate Twilight now, Paige? I give it a week till you're suddenly her biggest fan, going from historical trends.

Twilight's behavior isn't the sort that's conducive to friendship for self-serving reasons. She's doing her part, for sure.

Actually, I was reading a good fan fiction where the Mane six travel to our world to find Megan, the hero of G1, and in the story she accuses Twilight of keeping her friends like servants, and Twilight can't totally deny it!

• Brohoof 1

Actually, I was reading a good fan fiction where the Mane six travel to our world to find Megan, the hero of G1, and in the story she accuses Twilight of keeping her friends like servants, and Twilight can't totally deny it!

Well Twilight never actually even asks her friends to join her, does she? Normally it's the other way around, they do the 'AND MY AXE' routine and throw themselves on the quest for glory alongside her. Twilight has never really compelled her friends to do anything for her. They've always been in it willingly.

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

Why would you even ask something like that? I do not for one second believe that would ever be true.