Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Crystal empire and the frozen north

ggg-2

(edited)

The Crystal Empire is in the frozen north, that much we know. But is the frozen north even within Equestria's borders? I don't recall it ever being stated whether it actually is or not.

Edited by ggg-2

Well, my theory is this, and I could very well be wrong.

Equestria is ruled by princesses from Canterlot.

The Crystal Empire is ruled by Cadence & Shining Armor.

No other city within Equestria such as Manehatten or Cloudsdale is ruled by such a high monarchy.

So, would that make the Crystal Empire a city-state of its own; bordering the northern border of Equestria?

• 2 weeks later...

I think the Crystal Empire is apart of Equestria since it is featured on that map. Perhaps it has its own rulers either out of tradition or due to the vast distance between the Crystal Empire and the rest of Equestria.

(edited)

There's one:

img-2761003-1-Map_of_Equestria_April_201

(not 100% sure it's official though)

It's official, confirmed by Equestria Daily to have been distributed by Walmart.

A similar image appears in Pinkie Pride, though with all names removed. Obscuring written words in the show is a common practice to ease the localization of the show for non-Anglophone audiences.

Equestria_map_covered_with_cheese_sandwi

As for the Crystal Empire, it's not unheard of for small principalities and kingdoms to be part of larger ones, so I must assume it is a part of Equestria.

Edited by Wind Chaser

(edited)

hey where's rainbow falls on those maps? it was never stated to be a part of cloudsdale was it?

It's not on this map, I guess that's because they created this place after they drew the map.

EDIT: Wait, it's not on the map @Wind Chaser just posted either, strange. :blink:

Edited by Blobulle