Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The book from episode 1 fan club

Arctic Night

I was appalled that this fan club did not exist yet. The Old Book is my favorite character and you ponies should be ashamed for not acknowledging him for the multidimensional, well-developed character that he is.

Twilight_Sparkle_looking_for_a_book_S2E1

Yes, the book is a guy.

• Brohoof 8

post-23625-0-61015400-1403894245_thumb.jpg

The guide to the elements of harmony. The most important book in Equestria, for not only did it open and start the first episode exposition, but it also again revealed the tale of Tirek during the season 4 finale. Will this book be at the end of FiM? One can only assume that such a powerful and knowledgeable book, that contains the entire history of Equestria and its magical weapons would be present at the end of the greatest cartoon of this century.

• Brohoof 8

• 5 weeks later...

In all honesty it's kind of a big deal considering it's the very, very first thing we see in the entire series.  What a precursor to so much.... like, so freakin' much, maaaan.

• Brohoof 2

The book is more beautiful than Rarity, more cute than Fluttershy, cooler than Rainbow Dash, funnier than Pinkie Pie, more honest than Applejack, more charismatic than Trixie, funnier than Discord, cuter than Sweetie Belle, and better than all ponies combine.

Book is love, Book is life. 

• Brohoof 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MLP Forums Rule 43 - if it exists, there's a fan club for it :D

All right... there's a Argumedies fan club !!!! ;)

Alright... now all we need is a fan club for fan clubs

Edited by Argumedies
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

LOL when I saw this I was like "Whut?" XD. But I do agree, this book played a key part in introducing us to the series. After all, it was there that the legend of Nightmare Moon came from in the pilot. :3 I wonder how many other openings the writers considered before choosing the book.  :o

• Brohoof 2

The book is more beautiful than Rarity, more cute than Fluttershy, cooler than Rainbow Dash, funnier than Pinkie Pie, more honest than Applejack, more charismatic than Trixie, funnier than Discord, cuter than Sweetie Belle, and better than all ponies combine.

Book is love, Book is life. 

Did I forget that it's smarter than Twilight Sparkle?

• Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...

In Cerberus the Aardvark, some character said "if it was meant to be taken seriously, I would have used larger words, smaller type, and fewer pictures".  The Book transcends this & is the source of all wisdom.  Is this the book that Twilight was reading when she found out Nightmare Moon was due for parole?