Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

I got this album recently, I wasn't disappointed. Reminds of a lot of Scar Symmetry and maybe In Flames even. It's really good, just saying.

:D Soilwork is most good. As far as Melodic Death goes they are a good place to go.

/) for the Scar Symmetry mention. Love that band. :wub:

Earlier Soilwork and In Flames are top notch stuff. I used to listen to nothing but In Flames until my friend introduced me to Meshuggah and Animals as Leaders (which led me to the wonderful world of djent). "Soundtrack to Your Escape" from IF is still one of my top favorite albums though.

I got tickets last week to see American Head Charge when they come here in October. They were a band I really liked, 2 very good albums, but their problems held them back. Nice to see them back together and working on new stuff. Gave the song off their last EP a listen yesterday, sounds quite good.

What does everyone think of the latest Slipknot songs (Negative One and The Devil in I)? I thought the opening bit to Negative One was quite good but once the song actually got going it just sounded like a generic blend of everything Slipknot. Devil was ok, but I'm still not particularly impressed by anything I've heard. I actually wish that they'd got rid of Corey during these last few years, but it seems it's more his band than anyone's now.

I got tickets last week to see American Head Charge when they come here in October. They were a band I really liked, 2 very good albums, but their problems held them back. Nice to see them back together and working on new stuff. Gave the song off their last EP a listen yesterday, sounds quite good.

What does everyone think of the latest Slipknot songs (Negative One and The Devil in I)? I thought the opening bit to Negative One was quite good but once the song actually got going it just sounded like a generic blend of everything Slipknot. Devil was ok, but I'm still not particularly impressed by anything I've heard. I actually wish that they'd got rid of Corey during these last few years, but it seems it's more his band than anyone's now.

I could never be bothered with Slipknot, anyways. :P

That reminds me, I need to go check out the new one, I thought The Negative One was pretty decent.

• Brohoof 2

I just finished my newest song. By god... drop F with ridiculous blast beats and excessive use of cymbals. Of course, there is also excessive use of the open low F string and palm muting, but what else would you expect from deathcore?

This is the band Fit For A King (or FFAK), and this isn't my favorite song by them but it's their heaviest as of now.

But my favorite song by them would have to be this one

Edited by Little Light
  • Brohoof 1

Hey what's up fellows!  I dunno if I've posted in this thread in the past before, lol, but, hopefully it's safe to assume everyone here likes any kind of rock and not just metal[?]...

Anyway... here's some music for yuh  B)

and... here's a... hehe, rarity - seriosuly, it's a total lost b-side, per se:

\

(-)_(-)

Nu Metal shall not cease to be awesome.

• Brohoof 1

Hey what's up fellows!  I dunno if I've posted in this thread in the past before, lol, but, hopefully it's safe to assume everyone here likes any kind of rock and not just metal[?]...

I love all kinds of rock personally. My favourite genres are classic metal/rock, 70s stuff when you still had that blues influence in it. A little bit of Deep Purple for ya all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMUJkauJ-mM

Came across a new-ish band last night; King 810. They're doing some shows with Slipknot and Korn, they've got a bit of an early Corey era Slipknot sound about them, quite cool I thought.

Sorry to tell you all but everyone is wrong  :P

It's Black Sabbath. The original and best metal band  B)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5yR5XhCIeg

the original band of metal how can anyone forget ozzie and black Sabbath it is purely sacrilege

Black Sabbath was my first metal band, and I love them dearly.

But I'm sorry to inform you that both Judas Priest and Black Sabbath were formed in 1969.

;)

• Brohoof 1

Black Sabbath was my first metal band, and I love them dearly.

But I'm sorry to inform you that both Judas Priest and Black Sabbath were formed in 1969.

;)

Actually. the original lineup of Black Sabbath (Ozzy, Iommi, Geezer, Ward) formed in 1968 (originally as Polka Tulk Blues Band, then changed to Earth and then Black Sabbath). By 1969 they'd settled on their name and had already been touring for some time, Priest didn't even play their first gig until near the end of 69, and that wasn't even with the lineup that would appear on their first release, which was "Rocka Rolla" in 1974. By that point Sabbath had already released 5 albums.  :D I kinda know my Sabbath history.

Did someone say DT? :3

Love these songs so much

Blasted me some Honor Thy Father out hiking today. Cool song, don't mind the little rap at all! 

I've spent nearly 240 hours of my life listening to Octavarium alone.

No, really.

I have.

post-24966-0-39393200-1409636265_thumb.png

Actually. the original lineup of Black Sabbath (Ozzy, Iommi, Geezer, Ward) formed in 1968 (originally as Polka Tulk Blues Band, then changed to Earth and then Black Sabbath). By 1969 they'd settled on their name and had already been touring for some time, Priest didn't even play their first gig until near the end of 69, and that wasn't even with the lineup that would appear on their first release, which was "Rocka Rolla" in 1974. By that point Sabbath had already released 5 albums.  :D I kinda know my Sabbath history.

Alright. :3 Fair enough

post-24966-0-39393200-1409636265_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1