Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

My friend got me into Jeff Loomis and this guy is insane at guitar. 

Animals as Leaders another band my friend got me into

AAL is the bees knees bruh, they kick ass live!

What do you guys here think of this?

The description pretty much sums it up; as for the artwork, I put a triangle in then drew a bunch of random circles.

I really like the idea of the rhythm, especially how it begins. The guitars sound a little clippy though, like the gain was set to maximum on the OD and Head. The sound as a whole is a little barren, have you added a bass to it?

• Brohoof 1

I really like the idea of the rhythm, especially how it begins. The guitars sound a little clippy though, like the gain was set to maximum on the OD and Head. The sound as a whole is a little barren, have you added a bass to it?

No bass... don't have one... :derp:

This thread is so inactive... such a shame really... such a great thread. Anyways, this song probably has to be the most fun song to play on guitar.

The music video is even less explainable than the one for Scarlet, also by Periphery.

Dude I love Periphery, they're awesome!!!

Animals as Leaders another band my friend got me into

I got that album after reading really good reviews of it, there's some pretty cool stuff on there.

• Brohoof 2

honesty time right here one of my favorite reasons for loving metal, besides the music is the gorgous cover art (i'm a fan of fantasy art) anyone have favorite covers? this one is mine

I have to say, metal album artwork can be incredible. One of my favourites would be Ashes to Ashes. That is amazing artwork.

CG_ASHS_2400.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Sometimes it's the simple things that go a long way ;P

MTWHDTDTIC-Window-to-the-World.jpg

(It says "Maybe That's Why Humans Drink The Darkness That Is Coffee", it's quite a bizzarely brilliant band. Definitely not for the light hearted though.)

Also The Amanuensis by Monuments because thall.

Amanuensis-Cover-FINAL-400x400px.jpg

Edited by VigilSerus

honesty time right here one of my favorite reasons for loving metal, besides the music is the gorgous cover art (i'm a fan of fantasy art) anyone have favorite covers? this one is mine

Yeah, I have a number of favorites. :3

post-24966-0-13325300-1408415371_thumb.jpg

post-24966-0-40864600-1408415466.jpg

post-24966-0-72875700-1408415505_thumb.jpg

Metal thread? 

METAL THREAD!!!  

I'm a huge fan of Power Metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vad_PgHm8l0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8hJddMR8ZU

I'm in to power metal myself, lately I've been getting more in to sludge and doom though. Anyone have any reccomendations for that?

For doom metal, try Debauchery. They're an awesome band. Heavy for doom, too. Haven't really listened to much sludge though, not my style.

• Brohoof 1

For doom metal, try Debauchery. They're an awesome band. Heavy for doom, too. Haven't really listened to much sludge though, not my style.

Thanks, I'll definitely give them a listen when I can tomorrow since hardly anything works on mobile.

I re-covered a song I did a year or so back (for a cover competition that never had a winner, mind you). Since then, got better, have a MUCH better camera, better mixing/tracking, etc.

Pantera is love, Pantera is life. Happy birthday, Dimebag. :3

HammerFall game is TOO strong! Stoked for this new album, and here's hoping they tour here in the States. @_@

hammerfall is a great band and I just started getting into it as well