mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

Now you're speaking my language. New MW is pretty great, but for some reason I can't help but feel that something is missing from that song you posted.

Yeah, it definitely doesn't hit like something off The Art of Partying or Hazardous Mutation.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, it definitely doesn't hit like something off The Art of Partying or Hazardous Mutation.

Totally, Hazardous Mutation in particular - that album is collosal! The Art of Partying is class too (plus, it has Mental Shock - Death Ripper Pt. 2 !). I gotta ask, what's your opinion on Massive Agressive?

I gotta ask, what's your opinion on Massive Agressive?

I won't bullshit you, I haven't listened to much off that album. I'm listening to some of it now, since you said it.

I won't bullshit you, I haven't listened to much off that album. I'm listening to some of it now, since you said it.

Ah. I gave it a few listens, I like it. A lot of people have criticized it for being the weakest one so far (I think it was because of either the song lengths being a bit longer, or because it isn't as aggressive sounding as before), but it has some great riffs. I'm not that in depth to the Crossover Thrash scene.

Found this on Youtube. I like many of those solos but I'm disappointed that no Skeletonwitch is on there. Skeletonwitch are gods at guitar. :(

Lmao!!! Why is Escape the Fate above Metallica?!?!?!

Also, they should have chosen a better A7X song than Beast and the Harlot...MIA, Second Heartbeat, or Sidewinder or something else from City of Evil would have been better.

Lol, longer. "Three minute song in a crossover thrash band!? IMPOSSIBRUUU!"

Fixed. Thrash songs average four minutes. Crossover thrash does about less than 3:20 minutes. :P

...oh god, I'm letting my inner prick come out...

• Brohoof 1

...oh god, I'm letting my inner prick come out...

Obvious dick jokes aside, I don't mind. Snobbery is allowed when we talk genre, as long as we don't "melo-tech-death-wheelbarrowcore" ourselves.

Thrash aside, this band is sweet and has a former member of my old band in it. (The drummer, Cody)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw8BGzYFx-U

The vocalist is now the vocalist for the thrash band Iced Earth, in case you recognized the voice.

Iced Earth? They're not thrash - power metal actually, but that vocalist has some chops. Gotta give the dude some mad props for being able to fill the shoes he was left with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRA4eD59LaY

Iced Earth? They're not thrash - power metal actually, but that vocalist has some chops. Gotta give the dude some mad props for being able to fill the shoes he was left with.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=aRA4eD59LaY

Of course he's a good vocalist. It's a proven fact that Canadian vocalists are usually incredibly talented mofos. Examples include Rody Walker, Devin Townsend, Geddy Lee-I could go on.

Of course he's a good vocalist. It's a proven fact that Canadian musicians are usually incredibly talented mofos. Examples include Rody Walker, Devin Townsend, Geddy Lee-I could go on.

Fixed for the truth. Speaking of Canadians, I've been checking out this Canadian Technical Thrash band called Voivod. They kick major ass, and here's the kicker - they're from Quebec.

Salut Marshmallow! Suck it Shankie! :P

• Brohoof 1

Fixed for the truth. Speaking of Canadians, I've been checking out this Canadian Technical Thrash band called Voivod. They kick major ass, and here's the kicker - they're from Quebec.

How is it you always know the best metal bands :wub:

My song for today:

http-~~-//youtu.be/zepm3nt3tRY

Felling a little darker today than usual for some reason :x

How is it you always know the best metal bands :wub:

I do a bit of digging. Although most of the metal I listen to I attribute to the guys on the Evile Forum. Their recommendations have gotten me into so many cool bands like Coroner, Onslaught, Devin Townsend, etc. They're also a big fan of Technical Thrash, which always seems to be a good suitor for most Metal and Progressive fans. In any case, I'm flattered. :blush:

Speaking of Technical, why don't you tell me your opinion on these guys?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3--0Ypbb7g

Another Tech Thrash band, but they broke up. Regardless, they've done the impossible - cover a sweet version of a King Crimson song. And I LOVE King Crimson, so when my friend linked me to these guys I was all like :wub: :wub: :wub:

Speaking of Technical, why don't you tell me your opinion on these guys?

I really like it, the bassist reminds me a bit of Les Claypool from Primus :D as well as a few of guitar tabs.

but for some reason I also feel like they remind me a bit of Black Flag before Henry Rollins, Not sure why though 'cause they're more punk than metal really. :x

Really pushing the limit of what you can call metal with these two, but that's alright. Tell me what you guys think.

Some old school hardcore punk.

And I saw someone bring up A Day To Remember before, so this is the easycore band I prefer.

Really pushing the limit of what you can call metal with these two, but that's alright.

Who, Realm and Voivod? Understandable. Realm's got some heavier stuff on Suiciety, but Voivod has been prone to Avant-garde songs.

On a different note, I'm currently going through the self titled SYL album. Collosal album, has a death metal tint to it, its glorious.

• Brohoof 1