Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Do you think that admins in online gaming are ruining your experience?

Deathstroke

What do you think about admins   

10 users have voted

1. 1. Are admins that bad for gaming if they banned someone who's better than them?

• Yes
    • No

(edited)

It depends; sometimes they can be immature but sometimes they can actually be helpful.

I ment these guys that ban someone who's better than them at the game what do you think about them?

Edited by Deathstroke

I've never really encountered this, but I think it's completely wrong to ban someone who is more skilled than you. Sure, rage and what not, but don't ban them. It wouldn't be fair in the slightest. As an admin, you've got to uphold certain codes even if you don't agree with them, otherwise you will garner a bad reputation.  Perhaps a more democratic approach would be suitable, with a vote to ban someone if they are cheating, bullying etc. Or the developer's of a game should be able to block an admin who is abusing their powers (if that doesn't already exist). 

No one should ever be banned for being skillful in the game. Ever. If they are, it is the administrator's fault and the admin's fault alone, and they shouldn't even bother trying to return to the server.

This is what happens when you put a kid in a man's position they rage because people are better than them

• Brohoof 1

Are admins ruining games? That's a super-general question. My answer would be that it varies? I've seen both good and bad admins. If you're asking if bad admins can ruin a gaming experience, then of course they can. I don't think we should scrap the concept altogether or anything, though.

Take the pathetic admins that are in battlefield for example here's a video 

Are admins ruining games? That's a super-general question. My answer would be that it varies? I've seen both good and bad admins. If you're asking if bad admins can ruin a gaming experience, then of course they can. I don't think we should scrap the concept altogether or anything, though.

I mean the admins that ban someone who's better than them at the game, what do you think about them?

(edited)

It totally depends who's the admin. If it's a nine-year old little squeaker who just stole mommy and daddy's credit card to purchase gold premium admin on a CS:S Jailbreak server (Garry's Mod Server ((DarkRP)), just to have some sort of power, then yeah - that's totally ruining it for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkcBRS6PQLI

.. Buuuuuuuuut..

If it's a mature admin, who can take constructive criticism without swinging the ban hammer, and actually have a sense of humor, then absolutely NO!

Edited by Guest

It totally depends who's the admin. If it's a nine-year old little squeaker who just stole mommy and daddy's credit card to purchase gold premium admin on a CS:S Jailbreak server (Garry's Mod Server ((DarkRP)), just to have some sort of power, then yeah - that's totally ruining it for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkcBRS6PQLI

.. Buuuuuuuuut..

If it's a mature admin, who can take constructive criticism without swinging the ban hammer, and actually have a sense of humor, then absolutely NO!

I know there are some good admins but in my case it's those admins that abuse their power to ban people who are better than them do you think they're bad?

@@Deathstroke,

I just think they do it, purely because they know they have authority and power - besides, you should NEVER be able to purchase admin. 

(edited)

I mean the admins that ban someone who's better than them at the game, what do you think about them?

Well...they're bad, obviously, and probably shouldn't be admins. Kind of a silly question; did you expect people to come up defending them if they exhibit that kind of behavior? The thread could have easily been titled "Man, Admins who ban players for being better than them sure suck huh?".

Edited by TenorSounds

It honestly depends. The fact that you pose a general problem and then pose a very specific reason why they would ruin an experience makes the answer fairly clear - yes, if they're banning people because they aren't good, that is unfair and yes, it ruins the game. I don't think there is a way to say that it doesn't with that amount of specification.

However, in most cases, I don't think they do, unless they are (like you said) toxic and prone to angry fits. Admins exist in order to establish an order. If there were two or three people in a guild or server that were hogging things like XP and resources or bullying others, then they should find a place that allows them to do that. As a TERA GM or a relatively populous (but private) guild, I think that me and my "deputies" do a pretty fair job - that is, we control resource handouts/our guild bank, assess members that apply (though it is invite only), put together parties for dungeon raids (though many run in established groups/teams), run contests for store content, etc. That kind of mild restriction is there to allow everyone to have a good time and get a fair chance at loot and other things that improve their game.

So no, I don't think admins ruin my experience. If they keep the bad stuff out and are friendly but impartial (that is, don't ban or kick for random reasons) that it actually makes the game a lot more fun.

• Brohoof 1

battlefield should really stop giving kids the power to own a server but since it's a cash cow of course EA (god burn you in hell) Wouldn't stop

See, this is a much more interesting way to look at the issue; of course we can all agree that admins abusing their power is bad, but is it prevalent enough in our most popular games to actually be ruining the online experience for a significant number of players, and do these admins perhaps have too much power to begin with? Personally I'd say no, as the number of servers to choose from is so large for most games that you can just join another one if you start having issues, but I could see how it'd be annoying if you got banned from a server your friends are playing on.

But hey, it is a private server and as much as it might suck it's their server, their rules. If all servers were like that then I'd think it was a systemic issue, but that hasn't really been my experience.

It all depends.  Yet, there will always been one jerk who thinks he/she is better, but in the end, they get pointed at, when they make a mistake. 

That depends on the admin. If he/she is either a racist, conspiracy-driven nutjob, a zealot, a jerk, a sexist, or all of the above, then he/she is a disgrace to the gaming community. But if he/she isn't any of those things I mentioned, then they aren't a disgrace to the gaming community.