Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What's your favorite gaming genre?

Finesthour

What's your favorite game type?  

65 users have voted

1. 1. Favorite game type?

• Platformer (Jumping, running, and challenge!)
    • Beat-em-ups (Walking, punching, and kicking!)
    • Adventure (Explore and uncover things, like Indie Jones!)
    • Real-Time (Everything happens in live action)
    • Art Gallery (You basically play through beautiful worlds and levels)
    • RPG (Role Playing Game)
    • MMORPG (Online Role Playing Game)
    • FPS (First person shooter)
    • TPS (Third person shooter)
    • 3D Platformer (Regular platformer but in 3D)
    • Sandbox (Be anything, do anything, experience anything)
    • Simulator (Games that have no real objective but to have fun)
    • Other (Post below what else you think should be here)
    • Puzzle Games (Complete challenging puzzles and stuff!)
    • Point-and-Click Games (Self explanatory)
    • Fighting Games (Such as Mortal Kombat, SSBB, Tekken, etc.)

I love Exploration games, where you simply wander around in an open-world and discover things. So I guess I'd pick Adventure.

Edited by Flitter

I've always been an rpg/fantasy kind of guy. Games fitting that genre have a special place in my heart as well, because those are the games I remember playing the earliest in my life, and still enjoy today.

FFFPPPPPPSSSSSSS!!!! I'm an FPS enthusiast, I love me some shooters :D I enjoy a good RPG from time to time, especially Fallout. Fallout is amazing, especially since it's an FPSRPG, I love the post apocalyptic 1950s nuclear war aftermath feel. But I mains would play COD, DOOM, Battlefield, Wolfenstein, etc. Games like that.

• 1 month later...

Platformer would be my #1 favorite. Other favorites of mine would be RPG, adventure, strategy, and puzzle. FPS games can be fun, but they tend to give me motion sickness very easily so I don't play them often.

I voted "Other" since my types of gaming tend to stay along the lines of Minecarft and any horror game the indi community can come up with. 

My most favorite game really is Journey. I would probably say its along the lines as a platformer, but it is a spiritual game to me  :blush:

Silly as that sounds, that is how I view it.

RPGs are my favourite type of game! It gives one of the best opportunities for fleshed out characters in gaming, you can always control the gameplay and story to some extent, beautiful artwork, compelling plots...what's not to love?

Role-playing games for life.

I get so much enjoyment out of seeing different numbers and statistics. Being able to level up and change your attack, defense, evasion, agility, dexterity, vitality, strength, luck, (runs out of breath) etc.! is just so rewarding to me.

The stories are usually more in-depth in RPGs, as well. I feel more close to the characters than in other game types.

Edited by Judgement

I have a few favorites, so I'll list 'em off here:

FPS

MMORPG

RPG

Platformer

Sandbox

Action-Adventure

I have varied taste, I wouldn't say one genre is better than the other.

I tend to play fps games. Though I play basically any game if it's to my standards. Destiny is good for example, but just boring after a while. You do the same shit every day.

Also devil may cry and resi are best third person games.

Edited by Brechard

I always loved RPG and side-scrolling games.

I love the idea of choosing different classes/ types/ characters to help on your quests and the fact that you can always improve by leveling characters up or equip them with different weapons to help them.

Side-scrolling games, simply for nostalgia.

Action Adventure Roleplaying is a big one for me. Anything along Fantasy or Mid-Evil type themes will probably get my attention, still having no idea why I haven't go into DnD. Fighting games being second. The Soul series being my fave.

Im a MOBA player, I really like the concept of so indivual characters teaming up to create a team that fits in to the meta and then working togheter to win over another team that counter you with their individual characters with diffrent abilities. I also like a few FPS games, Like BF4 :squee: