Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Apply to be a moderator!

SCS

I feel that this can only end terribly...

May I ask why?
Fundamentally nothing has changed in the decision process. Admins still reserve the right to deny any applicant thats not suitable. The only thing that has changed is an increase in the candidate pool.
  • Brohoof 3

May I ask why?

Fundamentally nothing has changed in the decision process. Admins still reserve the right to deny any applicant thats not suitable. The only thing that has changed is an increase in the candidate pool.

I just feel the way things were done before was a lot safer for the community. What if someone makes a fake application ?

I just feel the way things were done before was a lot safer for the community. What if someone makes a fake application ?

Someone's not going to become a moderator just because they send in an application. An extensive process involving review and discussion of the user in question takes place before they'd ever get into the moderation team.

The level of rigor we will apply to the review of potential moderation candidates is not any less than it always has been.

• Brohoof 7

As SCS and Dawn Rider explained, the application process is rigorous, and if anything, it only raises standards for potential candidates. Our traditional method worked when the community was smaller, back when even uninterested moderators could still keep the streets clean. That no longer works, and moderator apathy has proven to be one of our greatest problems in the past year. 

The application, first and foremost, is a tool meant to supplement our original procedure. We're not going to hire you just because you applied. We'll still be following you, watching you, talking to you, and generally stalking scrutinizing you. Your warning history still matters, as do your activity level, attitude, and maturity. If necessary, we may also interview you, formally or informally. All we want is for you to tell us that you're interested, and a powerful application will help us determine that. 

We're of the belief that a single passionate, effective moderator is worth more than ten apathetic, ineffective moderators. We don't take this process lightly, and that's why we only unveiled it after months in the making. 

• Brohoof 11

Okay, I had some time to think about it again and I might send or might not send in an application, but @@ProjectRKA's first post and the answers made me thinking...

If only the most dedicated, mature and reliable members should be and can become moderators anyway - and the process of finding new moderators will not be limited to this new method - it will make the entire process a bit easier and perhaps a bit faster because potential candidates are not as easy to spot as in a small community, but the way I see it, right now it's just something that everyone who has a problem with how things are being handled here (not pointing at anyone) can use as another reason to complain and this might start more drama. Again.

Not saying this will inevitably happen or that it will actually happen at all, but that's just what I fear.

but the way I see it, right now it's just something that everyone who has a problem with how things are being handled here (not pointing at anyone) can use as another reason to complain and this might start more drama. Again. Not saying this will inevitably happen or that it will actually happen at all, but that's just what I fear.

Honestly, people can say whatever they want. It doesn't make it true though.

We wanted a way to increase the size of the candidate pool and possibly find some additional mods faster then we otherwise could. There are 8 mods and 4 Admins. We can't scan every single member for good candidates, we're bound to miss some.

As such, the app opens up more possibilities.
  • Brohoof 3

We wanted a way to increase the size of the candidate pool and possibly find some additional mods faster then we otherwise could. There are 8 mods and 4 Admins. We can't scan every single member for good candidates, we're bound to miss some. As such, the app opens up more possibilities.

I know that and I don't even think it's a bad idea in general; I hope we'll have additional and good moderators in the future thanks to that and every other afford, no doubt...

Honestly, people can say whatever they want. It doesn't make it true though.

...but a few things - which I won't name here - that happened in the past have shown that truth doesn't matter when it comes to such things as negativity and drama on the forums. But what am I doing? Speaking of things before they happen... I just wanted to express my point.

• Brohoof 3

"Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the Admin?"

I sure am. So I applied as well. I at least hope that i'm considered.

Edited by ReGen

When you mean activity level, you mean member title ? Or something else ?

We're asking how active you are on the forum. Like, do you log in daily?
Do you post a lot? How do you spend your time on the forum and how much time of your life do you dedicate to visiting the forum?

We're asking how active you are on the forum. Like, do you log in daily?

Do you post a lot? How do you spend your time on the forum and how much time of your life do you dedicate to visiting the forum?

I can't get it to just get your name here.

Is this the same as the other application there is, with the joke about feld0 being kidnapped?

Is this the same as the other application there is, with the joke about feld0 being kidnapped?

Yes, exact same application. Edited by Dawn Rider

Yes, exact same application.

So I shouldn't re apply? Because with that I put my old username, as it didn't say to put link to profile.

So I shouldn't re apply? Because with that I put my old username, as it didn't say to put link to profile.

No need to re apply if you sent in an app already. The only reason we changed the first question was to make it slightly easier to figure out who was sending in the PM. We're still able to figure out who people are if they sent in an app before this question was re done.

No need to re apply if you sent in an app already. The only reason we changed the first question was to make it slightly easier to figure out who was sending in the PM. We're still able to figure out who people are if they sent in an app before this question was re done.

Okay. It's just because I changed my name pretty quickly on here, so I wasn't really sure if you'd be able to find me. But okay then.