Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Apply to be a moderator!

SCS

I will apply when I get back from volunteering today. I don't have the time beforehand and rushing an application is never a good idea in any instance.

• Brohoof 1

This is a really interesting approach guys. I've always wanted to open an interest pool on other boards, but we never had consensus. I really hope this adds quality and speeds up the selection process.

Also, I know the chaos of managing a busy board like this ... especially tied around an IP that still is on the air. I don't envy any of you.

I hope you get some relief soon.

• Brohoof 1

I will apply when I get back from volunteering today. I don't have the time beforehand and rushing an application is never a good idea in any instance.

Agreed, people should take their time with the application. Rushing won't serve you any good.

This is a really interesting approach guys. I've always wanted to open an interest pool on other boards, but we never had consensus. I really hope this adds quality and speeds up the selection process.

Thats our hope. Feel free to apply yourself if you think you have what it takes. No promises though, I may make sure you get denied for not agreeing Dashie is best pone.

Seriously though, our hope is to gather a good number of candidates. Hopefully pick out some "superstars" as it were.

Edited by Dawn Rider
  • Brohoof 4

Umm I would but I've never had experience as any moderator and I am unaware of what to do so likely I cannot do so although it would be fairly cool I would need more experience....

Experience isn't a must. We all gotta start somewhere right?
If you think you have what it takes, feel free to apply. If you'd rather wait, then thats also acceptable. Apply when you feel you are ready.
  • Brohoof 2

When you mean activity level, you mean member title ? Or something else ?

Level of activity as in time. Basically if you will become a moderator, they want to see how active you are. And that they feel comfortable with your reliability.

Level of activity as in time. Basically if you will become a moderator, they want to see how active you are. And that they feel comfortable with your reliability.

I think they consider the ratio time online per day/number of posts.

That's how I'd do it anyway, lol.

By the way, I did not apply (yet).

Edited by boiteporte

We look at a number of factors. Enough to gain a general idea of your activity on the forum.

Edited by Dawn Rider

Well,I sent my application,and I tried to make it as best as possible.I don't think that I'll suceed,but there's never nothing wrong with trying that kind of things.

P.S:I like Rainbow Dash,so I have preference :P

• Brohoof 1

Hmm... I'm not sure if I'd be moderator material but I'll find out. X3

(I do like Rainbow Dash... maybe that'll help?  ;) )

Edited by PrincessWubsy~

I think they consider the ratio time online per day/number of posts.

That's how I'd do it anyway, lol.

By the way, I did not apply (yet).

You should, :D. Ill probably send one again, although i dont have high hopes b/c of something, but rather not go there, lol.

You should

Why is that ? :lol:

I'll have a look at that application form, and think this through. Being a moderator will mean a lot of extra responsibilities  on this forum and so it is not a decision to be taken lightly.

• Brohoof 1

Why is that ? :lol:

I'll have a look at that application form, and think this through. Being a moderator will mean a lot of extra responsibilities  on this forum and so it is not a decision to be taken lightly.

True, but hey we are "both" IT material so in any case it would be worth something, :). Ive done admin/mod for a while and indeed its a hell of a lot of work. Yet, give it a shot, :). Ill do mine again, but like i said before not much high hopes.

Someone's not going to become a moderator just because they send in an application. An extensive process involving review and discussion of the user in question takes place before they'd ever get into the moderation team.

The level of rigor we will apply to the review of potential moderation candidates is not any less than it always has been.

Oh dang. People will talk about you ._. Okay XD

True, but hey we are "both" IT material so in any case it would be worth something, :). Ive done admin/mod for a while and indeed its a hell of a lot of work. Yet, give it a shot, :). Ill do mine again, but like i said before not much high hopes.

Yeah don't expect too much :) Don't want anyone raging and punching holes on doors if they don't get in XD

• Brohoof 1

Yeah don't expect too much :) Don't want anyone raging and punching holes on doors if they don't get in XD

*throws you a shield*  Don't worry.................experienced enraged ppl before, lol.   Patience and hope are the two things applicants need, :)  

Well..............sent mine............

• Brohoof 1

I'm considering filling out an application. I have moderating experience at a few other boards and I've enjoyed my time on the position; so we'll see.

• Brohoof 2

Hope to whomever gets the job, does a great one. Love to see another person protecting this place from evil. :P

That is of course, unless we are evil.  :derp:

I kid, even though I've had plenty of experience in something like this and enjoy helping others, college is starting in two weeks and I'm not sure if my "almost always online" status will drop off significantly or not. Looks like there are plenty of apps already, no need to clog the pipes even more when my life might be getting turned upside down...

...when I move in with my auntie in Bel Air.  :comeatus: sorry, not sorry

• Brohoof 2