Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why did Tirek keep Scorpan's necklace?

mars

I know they were brothers. But Tirek has kept the necklace on for the entirety of his imprisonment. Why? You could say it's because he's still sentimental about it... But then he gives it to Discord without a second thought! Just seemed weird to me. :maud:

He wanted to get rid of it, but couldn't bring himself to do it. When he got the chance, he gave it away, because giving something away ins't the same as destroying it/throwing it away.

Do you think that Tirek, who hated the brother that betrayed him, wouldn't throw it away? I guess it makes sense. Maybe he still loved or at least liked his brother deep inside him.

• Brohoof 1

Do you think that Tirek, who hated the brother that betrayed him, wouldn't throw it away? I guess it makes sense. Maybe he still loved or at least liked his brother deep inside him.

Then again... considering his greed-ish personality, and his desire to be THE MOST MAGICAL THING EVAR, he probably just couldn't throw it away because of hoarding issues linked to his greed.

• Brohoof 1

He kept it because he still cared about his brother. After he get drunk with power he knew that he can visit his brother any day now and he also got angry at him since he denied him that power he was feeling right now. Thats why he didnt felt attached to it anymore. He is probably devastated right now in Tartarus since he lost both his power and his memento

I do think his brother's betrayal affected him, but I highly doubt he kept the necklace as some sort of memento. I don't think he's even capable of anything resembling sentimentality. In fact, he makes it clear that he views his brother as weak and useless and that the necklace represents that, which is why he gives it to Discord. I'm willing to bet the only reason he kept it is to fuel his own hatred and need to escape to get back at those who kept him from obtaining his power.

Edited by CITRUS KING46
  • Brohoof 3

Maybe he hung onto it knowing it could be used as a tool to further his goals some day. Which it did. He knew he might need to convince someone he has a sense of loyalty some day and kept that for such an event.

I know some people that carry items around that were given to them by people that betrayed them. They normally keep it as a memento to never let that happen again. Maybe for Tirek it was to never make friends or something like that.

• Brohoof 1

I think Tirek kept it because he wanted a form of a 'spoil of war' from when he defeated his brother to show how powerful he is.

Or maybe he is a super softie and kept it because he wuvs his brother.

Either Tirek never got over the rift, or, as you guys have said before, to help him achieve his dark goals, considering the manipulative bastard he is. If it was for vanity, it'd also make sense, for he's quite narcissistic

• Brohoof 1

Perhaps, unlike Discord, Tirek didn't need Rarity's influence to appreciate a good accessory.. :maud:

I know some people that carry items around that were given to them by people that betrayed them. They normally keep it as a memento to never let that happen again. Maybe for Tirek it was to never make friends or something like that.

Yes, I think he kept it as a warning or reminder.

• 2 weeks later...