Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I miss something in this fandom

Drunkfrank

This is still my favorite fandom...ever, this show and fandom has completely changed my life, but I have to point this out, isnt it sad that some of the epic animations are gone and have been gone for a looong time, The last great fan animation I saw was fall of the empire... which was good, but for every one of those there is a gazillion pinky being a murderer animations, I suppose I just miss the things like children of the night, I am octavia, tale of one shadow, ect Anyone else feel this way, Fan music is still really good, the same with fanfiction, Sadly I feel like there are less animators, Probably because they are scared of hasbro) thoughts? If this is in the wrong topic thread then please move it :D, also if you happen to disagree with me please express it through uhhhhhhh let me thing. LOVE AND TOLERANCE (so cheesy)

• Brohoof 1

While I agree with the lack of animations right now, it takes a long time to create them. Not to mention the people who create them have a life outside of making animations. -3-

• Brohoof 2

While I agree with the lack of animations right now, it takes a long time to create them. Not to mention the people who create them have a life outside of making animations. -3-

Of course they do, but still, there are many great animators out there, A LOT of bronies can probably create something great, a talke of one shadow had decent animation, wasnt great at all, but the quality of the video itself was amazing, Im just wondering why people with talents like the incredible derp guy make something worthwhile, I just want so see more animation, However this is also coming from the fact that we are in a hiatus and its KILLING me...

Making a full fledged animation is a pretty big undertaking and requires a lot of people. I don't think that many people are willing to do that for a fan project that isn't going to get them any money.

• Brohoof 3

I think that it's better for the fandom if there aren't a lot of big animation projects going on at once, although I do hope they continue to be made. They are one of my favorite parts of the fandom too. I'm SO stoked for Journey of the Spark. I can't wait. Having that big animation to look forward to, I can focus a lot of energy and interest in it, which I like. I'm just hoping it doesn't get in trouble with Hasbro. But yes, I think that's something animators would fear now that Hasbro has been so aggressive.

People like Jan Animations had issues with Hasbro and their ridiculous copyright issues. That might be why a lot of animators are currently reluctant to make any full scale animations. I agree though, nothing huge has happened in the fandom recently. I mean, by huge I meant something like Double Rainboom or Button's Adventures. I'm sure something will come along soon :P

I think a lot of people can agree that it would be nice if animations could just be created in a snap, but that's not the truth. The truth is that they need a full team, equipment, and I'm not saying all of that is cheap.

• Brohoof 1

People like Jan Animations had issues with Hasbro and their ridiculous copyright issues. That might be why a lot of animators are currently reluctant to make any full scale animations. I agree though, nothing huge has happened in the fandom recently. I mean, by huge I meant something like Double Rainboom or Button's Adventures. I'm sure something will come along soon :P

There are projects that are still moving forward that are larger in scope that Double Rainboom even. 2015 is going to be a banner year I think. B)  

Yeah, I love fan animations too, but with all that's happened this year with Hasbro holding that community back, there's just not going to be as many big ones unfortunately. It's just how it goes sometimes unfortunately. :huh:

• Brohoof 1

And you have to realize that these things are not gone, they will always be around and keep being re uploaded or stored in an online database of some sort. Besides, there are still plenty left on youtube!

See man, all those videos that you said had gone away are still very much alive!

An I"m sure the way that the fandom is there shall be many more in the future. :lol:

Edited by 0blivion
  • Brohoof 2

There's a large amount of unfinished animatics out there for MLP. But lately the artists have given updates that they are in fact still working on them, which is nice. (for instance Lullaby for a princess and Anthropology)

• Brohoof 3

Anthropology)

That is still being worked on? Nice!

Personally the one song I want to see animated that isn't is Mother Changeling.

• Brohoof 1

Well, in cases like, we have to show patience. The animators are under no obligation to rush to finish their projects, so we should respect that.

Though, I do agree, I'd like to see another epic like "Take of One Shadow" but I'm perfectly fine with waiting. Great things come to those who wait. :)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

You know that animations doesn't come in the snap of a finger do you?

Did I say animation comes at the snap of a finger, I dont remember saying that, but animation isnt as pltentiful as it was in 2012-2013, Sorry if I offended you.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...