Are Bronies also Furries?

Yummychickenblue

Do Bronies count as furries?  

131 users have voted

1. 1. Do Bronies count as furries?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, depending on you look at it.

Not technically. Just because you watch a show of animals doesnt make you a furry. I mean, look at the sonic x fans. You are only a furry when you assosiate yourself with that type of stuff. And besides, from what i understand, furries are humanoid animals. Mlp has them walking on all fours and actually being animals.

Agreed. I agree with everything said here.

No, at least not by definition. A furry is someone who enjoys fictional works about anthropomorphic animals. Like how otakus are into anime and stuff. A brony is someone into MLP, a show about anthropomorphic ponies, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're into anthros in general.

You CAN be a brony and furry, but it's not too common to see.

Edited by Shenron00
  • Brohoof 1

...No. We are not. The two are completely seperate. I find no attraction to animals, in fact, personally, I don't really like real animals very much. I certainly don't wanna dress like or be one.

I'm content with being a human. 

This doesn't mean some bronies can't also be furries, and vice versa. But, to overgeneralize and say either one is nothing but a sub-culture/sub-fandom of the other is just wrong.

I also despise 99.99% of anthro art.

Edited by Pinkie Pie Rules
  • Brohoof 1

Some are furries some aren't. That's all I can say. Bronies as a whole don't belong in the furry category because they are inspired by a TV show while furries aren't. Furries also do mascot-style cosplay while bronies don't do much of that.

Edited by Poppy_The_Vixen

Like @Banul said on the first page, barring a few individuals, Bronies aren't Furries. The two fandoms can overlap, but have surprisingly very little to do with one another.

Furries dress up in fursuits, whereas Bronies tend to dress up as humanized versions of Ponies. That's just one difference between the two groups!

You CAN be a brony and furry, but it's not too common to see.

I disagree, there are plenty of Furries who are also Bronies. Just like there are plenty of anime fans who are also Bronies. Most Bronies are not Furries and vice versa, true, but I wouldn't say its uncommon for Furries to also be Bronies.

I disagree, there are plenty of Furries who are also Bronies. Just like there are plenty of anime fans who are also Bronies. Most Bronies are not Furries and vice versa, true, but I wouldn't say its uncommon for Furries to also be Bronies.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't word my post correctly. I didn't mean that it was uncommon, I just meant that it wasn't overly common, ya know?