Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What historical era would you like to emulate?

HorsesandMOARGaloar

The Ancient Age, and the Enlightenment. The Ancient Age, because despite their limited technologies they created some amazing feats of architecture, and the Enlightenment because it was the beginning of globalisation and modernisation, and an age of new reason and thought. 

• Brohoof 2

The Dark Ages! When England was split in two between the Saxons and the Vikings. It was a strange time. One village could have been Saxon, the next could have been Viking. Each area, such as Wessex or Mercia had it's own king, and it's the time of King Arthur! :D

I'd love for the music and architecture of the Renaissance and Baroque eras to be emulated. Also the music of the 60s/70s!

We can and should keep everything else about those eras back where they belong, though.

• Brohoof 3

The 80s. Everything seemed pretty chill in that time period. A lot of my favorite music is from that time period, plus there's still plenty of classical aviation taking off at that time. I also don't think there were any major wars at the time :huh:.

• Brohoof 1

Personally my preferred eras are the 30's, 40's, and 50's. I love the styles and music that come from those times in all honesty and you'll find that a lot of my visual works tend to incorporate some of the styles to some degree: specifically the Art Deco style.

Edited by Doc Monochrome
  • Brohoof 1

The Renaissance and the Enlightenment eras. Both of which were defined by significant advances is science, art, philosophy and culture. The Renaissance got us out the dark ages and the Enlightenment built upon the ideas of the Renaissance as well as some ancient ideas that fell out of favor after the fall of the Roman Empire, put a modern spin on them and came up with some new ideas. The ideas of the Enlightenment all lead up to the constitution and the bill of rights. Today there are Americans waking up and rediscovering these things which I know will lead to second Enlightenment.