Mission Impossible: Saving Flash Sentry

Buck Testa

You are in a room with all the big wigs and writers involved with mlp. They are offering you an obsene ammount of money that would make you filthy rich: the only catch is you have to come up with a backstory and Story arc for Flash Sentry. This backstory must not contradict what we already know about the character and the story arc has to believably lead to Twilight and Flash getting married Without ticking off the majority of fans.

Do you think you are up to the challenge of making one of the most hated mlp characters into a fleshed out likable one that gets married to Twilight?

• Brohoof 1

Nah, people are salty because waifu-stealing.

It would require Flash Sentry to have a tragic backstory of varying cliche degrees to have the fans allow him to get married out of pity.

Edited by Teller
  • Brohoof 4

The thread title was a little misleading. It said we had to make Flash Sentry likable, not make him good enough to marry Twilight.

If the idea was to make him simply likable, that's easy:

Twilight meets Flash in the atrium of the Crystal Empire's palace. They have not seen each other in a while. Flash smiles to Twilight and says, "Oh, your highness, I'm so glad you're here. I'd like you to meet someone." He trots outside with Twilight following him until he comes up to another stallion standing in the courtyard. "Twilight Sparkle, this is my boyfriend..."

• Brohoof 12

RedCedarForumSignature.png
Roleplaying OC: Red Cedar - Cast Character: Applejack

You are in a room with all the big wigs and writers involved with mlp. They are offering you an obsene ammount of money that would make you filthy rich: the only catch is you have to come up with a backstory and Story arc for Flash Sentry. This backstory must not contradict what we already know about the character and the story arc has to believably lead to Twilight and Flash getting married Without ticking off the majority of fans.

Do you think you are up to the challenge of making one of the most hated mlp characters into a fleshed out likable one that gets married to Twilight?

I can come up with sh*t to make him not hated

But no amount of money in the world would be enough for me to be labeled "the guy who made FlashLight canon".

Edited by Dattebayo
  • Brohoof 1

datte_request_v2_by_wize_kevn-d7hcnbq.png

^Click for my Deviant Art^

You truly are the Rosa Parks of not understanding what r34 is.

Twilight enters the hallway, and greets Flash Sentry

"We haven't seen each other in a while, Flash!"

"Who are you talking to, Twilight?"

Celestia says as she enters the hall, looking confused

You see, Flash Sentry was a figment of Twilight's imagination, created to help cope with the stress of initially becoming a princess.

• Brohoof 6

29q1lx3.jpg

He's not marrying Twilight, and I'm not going to make a story about it. >_>

That's almost fanfiction, and I'm past those levels.

I have descended amongst mortal planes of shipping

Shipping is not nearly as bad as fanfiction... And we're talking about MLP here, both fanfics and shippings can be... odd. At best, confusing.

Fallout Equestria is pretty good, and I don't usually enjoy reading.

And hey, it's very dark and full of violence

Maybe that's what you've been looking for?

Fallout Equestria is pretty good, and I don't usually enjoy reading.

And hey, it's very dark and full of violence

Maybe that's what you've been looking for?

"Fallout Equestria"? I suppose it has nothing to do with the video games, or else this fanfic is dead to me already.

"And hey, it's very dark and full of violence

Maybe that's what you've been looking for?"

I've been raised around horror movies, gimme a break, violence and blood is always satisfying to me.

Overlord of Darkness

pA8aD3G.gif

Signature made by: Astral Blitzen

http://mlpforums.com/user/24786-astral-blitzen/

"Fallout Equestria"? I suppose it has nothing to do with the video games, or else this fanfic is dead to me already.

"And hey, it's very dark and full of violence

Maybe that's what you've been looking for?"

I've been raised around horror movies, gimme a break, violence and blood is always satisfying to me.

It does, it's base off the video games

Whatever, don't read it then, guy

Edited by Dattebayo
  • Brohoof 1

It does, it's base off the video games

Whatever, don't read it then, guy

Is just that I dispise shooter games.

I've encountered the "animated comic" version on deviantart. Even though it looks interesting and it has a good art style, definetely the story is not that attractive. 

The second episode looks promising though, as it says that contain gore and bloody scenes.

Hehehe.

Overlord of Darkness

pA8aD3G.gif

Is just that I dispise shooter games.

I've encountered the "animated comic" version on deviantart. Even though it looks interesting and it has a good art style, definetely the story is not that attractive.

The second episode looks promising though, as it says that contain gore and bloody scenes.

Hehehe.

If it makes you feel any better, it's mostly based off of Fallout 1 and 2, which were top-down strategy/RPG games.

He dies heroically after the wedding.

"He dies screaming like a b*tch" would probably get me fired, eh? Edited by Dattebayo

Fallout 1 and 2, eh...

Hmm... Promising...

Those games are hard as f*ck though, I recommend having patience rivaled only by the gods if you think about playing them

But no amount of money in the world would be enough for me to be labeled "the guy who made FlashLight canon".

I commend you for your moral fortitude. I do not think I could do it either just cause I cannot see him beyond how bland and boring he is. Havent seen a taker either. I will be interested if ONE person here could do it.

• Brohoof 1

Wait, what the-

Oh, God. Please tell me the shipping is literally called "FlashLight"... I'm laughing already, please, I want to laugh more like this.

• Brohoof 2

Overlord of Darkness

pA8aD3G.gif

Flash Sentry grew up with a younger sister who was obsessed with books and eventually became the student of a very esteemed tutor. He taught her how to fly a kite. They never had a single fight. But eventually they grew distant, as Flash Sentry realized his dreams of working in the Crystal Empire guard. They didn't talk for years beyond letters. One day, Flash Sentry sent a letter to his younger sister telling her that he was marrying the Princess of Friendship, Princess Mi Amore Twilight Sparkle. The two fell in love in high school, even though Flash Sentry was super popular and Twilight Sparkle was a bookish nerd. But she went above and beyond to catch his attention, even going so far as to sing publicly about an orange Pegasus with blue eyes. Flash Sentry was pressured into going to the dance with the most popular girl in school, but made it clear that she was not the one for him and that Twilight Sparkle was his super special somepony instead. Then they got married.

• Brohoof 1

Backstory: Flash Sentry comes from a musical background like Vinyl Scratch and spent his teenage years being go-with-the-flow. But then he'd have a dad who pressured him into joining the royal guard to make a living, which Flash wouldn't mind too much. But then it would be revealed he's a black flank (seriously, I don't think we've seen his flank yet). All that time away from his music begins to make him distant.

But when Flash Sentry would become good friends with Shining Armor, who doesn't mind taking the new recruit under his wing. And then through him he'd become friends with Twilight, the Princess of Magic. But during an episode, when Flash Sentry realizes his time away from his music has made his talent rusty Twilight volunteers to help him get that skill back. MIND YOU! This relationship and this episode will be very platonic.

But towards the end, there is only one solution to this problem which requires the magic of friendship. I'm not sure what it is, but I have an idea. When Twilight goes out of her way to give him his talent back Flash Sentry feels overwhelming gratitude towards her and promises to make it up to her. He resolves maybe a really big disaster the show's been building up to and then they realize the crush they've always had but never known. 

Sure, that can easily be done.

Ahem:

He suddenly shows up, he and Twi chat... Then once he gets her alone with the rest of the mane six, he reveals he needs to be seen marrying her for some political thing. First, epic failed date. Also, he's secretly gay, not that it matters, because he's the type of gay that doesn't seem gay. The kind who says "By the way, I'm gay." And the person he's talking to goes "...Are you sure?" Anyway, lulz. And reveal that he had a sister and family and stuff, but sacrificed everything to get where he got and misses his runaway twi-copy little sister most of all.

Then the marriage begins, yada yada, you may now kiss the- boom. Changelings attack. The pony who owned Flash Sentry, threatened him, and made this wedding happen is Chrysalis in disguise. Epic fight begins, and Flash dies while being epic. Also, twicopy sister returns in time to hug him and reveal she still loved him. He dies. Then Chrysalis either explodes him or disintegrates his body into ash. No coming back from that. Also, he epically died to save Twilight by taking an attack meant for her, an attack that could have actually harmed her.

The episode ends with Chrysalis in custody(Many torturefics about either her escape or her torture/magic mindbuck flood Fimfiction.net), Flash still dead, Twi sad but living on with Celestia giving a mini hint that this has happened to her before, and being immortal kinda sucks. Moral learned: Live life.

There. It is done. Give me my money.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was akin to a slow death. If I must live as I did before then... -Lelouch, Code Geass - My NEW DeviantART: http://SilverStarApple.deviantart.com/Want to make money for being an AWESOME PONY? https://www.tsu.co/Epsilon725

My fanfic, starring Silver Star Apple: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/224996/the-shining-silver-star-of-the-apple-family

Wait, what the-

Oh, God. Please tell me the shipping is literally called "FlashLight"... I'm laughing already, please, I want to laugh more like this.

Yes, yes it is. You can enter that into your favourite fanfiction or fanart site and that's precisely what you will get.

RedCedarForumSignature.png
Roleplaying OC: Red Cedar - Cast Character: Applejack

Him not liking Twilight (that's why I hate him), and then him not being so smooth in a backstory or him perhaps doing something with action or something brave. I like the idea of him dying heroically, though.

I haven't really noticed an inclination that this character will play a larger role come season five, maybe i'm not seing something.

Who you jiving with that cosmik debris?