Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So I attached homemade knives to a chain and attached the chain to a wrist brace

Evilshy

Here it is with a wooden practice sword thingy. This is what I original made this for, but the scissor-knives looked way cooler.

Posted Image

What happens when the blades come back at you..?

I catch them or the chain. It's actually not that hard :)

...And finally, a machete. Because who doesn't want a chain machete attached to their wrist?

Posted Image

Catch...the knives...with your hands?..

Well, the carabiner they're attached to. I don't actually grab the knives. Or I catch the chain right below the carabiner.

Well, the carabiner they're attached to. I don't actually grab the knives. Or I catch the chain right below the carabiner.

Well, to me, it seems pretty dangerous. I seriously hope you don't use these...But hey, they are your hands and stuff you can do with them what you please. I'll stop now...

lol I thought it was going to be a topic where you showed off you cutting yourself with your brand new knives XD

..I have no idea why I thought that but it was the first thing that came into my head hah

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 1

Looks at knife one - meh

Looks at training sword one - meh

Looks at machete one - Oh god that looks dangerous! And epic!

And is it just me, or do the homemade knifes look life scissors?

Hmm... After much experimentation (read: beating the hell out of a random bush), it seems that nylon rope I was using to attach the carabiner to the chain is not strong enough to withstand the rigors or being flailed around. I'm now using some steel wire, looped around a few times, with the sharp ends covered in duct tape. Everything works just fine now, as long as I check the bolt every now and then to make sure it doesn't get too loose.

I don't think the knives would be very effective, but then I don't know the technique you use them for. It seems they would be, at best, a mid-range distraction.

That machette'll hurt, though.

Catch...the knives...with your hands?..

Your avatar matches this quote well.

• Brohoof 3

And is it just me, or do the homemade knifes look life scissors?

Yeah, they're just scissors that I bent the wrong way a few times and sharpened a bit :P

Effective, though. A little weak, perhaps, but I have about 10 more, and they aren't exactly expensive, so if one breaks it's not a problem.

I'm expecting a "So I lost my eye...." thread from you in the future.

If you ever use those on somebody, you better shout GET OVER HERE before flinging it at them.

So, uh, do you always turn household objects into insane weapons?

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I don't think the knives would be very effective, but then I don't know the technique you use them for. It seems they would be, at best, a mid-range distraction.

That machette'll hurt, though.

The opposite, actually. Yes, just throwing the knives straight out, it'd be more of a distraction, but after I've swung them around a few times, they reach quite a speed, and it becomes more of a "OH GOD MY FACE!" I could conceivably kill somebody if I hit them in the neck, specifically the jugular.

Also, the knives and chain are pretty short, so the direction can be changed and the speed built back up quite quickly.

Now, the machete would be a lot more effective just in my hand. I can strike fast and hard with just my arm/hand, while if I was using the chain, I couldn't throw it hard enough (or accurate enough, probably) for it to be really dangerous, and spinning it up to a dangerous speed would take awhile. Also, the weight and length of it would make it harder to change the direction.

Lastly, I find that long rigid object on the ends of chains are harder to control than short rigid object on the end of chains. And I use chains a lot. Even though they aren't really that effective in battle, they're so damn fun :)

Edited by Evilshy