Stuff that scared the $#!@ out of you (and maybe still does)

Cirrus.

People who say one thing then do another, as if nothing is wrong.

Someone who points to an object and says "That paperwork needs to go to Bob ASAP." So you take it to Bob. Then both Bob and the guy yell at you because the paperwork was supposed to go to Bill.

I ask you - How many times could that have been misperceived? 100% 50%? It can't be you mishearing it all of the time.

• Brohoof 2

I normally don't like scary movies. When I was little, my older cousin was having a birthday party (or get together, whatever) and was planning on watching a scary movie. I was up for it, I wanted to show my cousin and her friends that I was a "big girl". A night before the birthday party, I had probably the most scariest/creepiest dream ever. I don't really remember what happened, but it involved a demon girl and a ghost dog. I was really scared when I woke up, and I didn't want to tell anymore. Eventually I went to my aunt's room and talked about the dream.

The next day, I still wanted to watch the movie. My cousin's friends were surprised I was watching it with them, which made me feel pretty upset considering the fact that I was only a year younger than them. So I ended up not watching the movie. After the party, my cousin told me about the movie. Apparently it was about a ghost dog and a demon or something like that.

So I guess that dream probably helped, I don't know. Even if I never actually watched the movie, I was pretty scared.

hope you enjoyed my unnecessarily long story :P

• Brohoof 1

Well I was a very peculiar child to say the least, my main fears consisted of Mr Bean, cars and burglary

Those are legitimate fears; especially when you consider that they were often related in the same half-hour timeslot on the BBC.
  • Brohoof 4

Popouts and jumpscares.

Always have and still do xD I'm so spazzy when I get scared too. I'll tense up when I feel like one's coming and then jump when one does. Like today I wanted to watch a video that was horror but my sister said it didn't have any jumpscares but there was a slight one and I flailed around D:

• Brohoof 2

Hearing strange engine noises at night while driving down a back road in the middle of nowhere, I really don't know why it bothers me so much, maybe it is the thought of getting stranded out in the middle of nowhere in the pitch dark night and possibly getting robbed or something, or maybe it's just simply the fear of the unknown that I just don't like hearing a noise that I cannot explain.

In any case it used to bother me a lot more when I was younger, and still to this day is a bit unnerving....

Sleep Paralysis. The idea of waking up in the middle of the night and realising you are unable to move a muscle sounds scary enough as itself but sometimes you can even get hallucinations. Luckily I haven't had any yet. When I experienced Sleep Paralysis I had a feeling of being pinned down and unable to move. I also get this strange sensation which is like a seizure. I feel like my body is shaking uncontrollably. I heard that sleeping on your back can increase the chances of you experiencing it so after I had experienced it a few times I started to sleep on my sides. I haven't had a single episode of Sleep Paralysis since and I hope it stays that way.

• Brohoof 1

Anything with zombies or undead creatures creeps me out far too much (unless it's very cartoony and comical, like in One Piece). It's extremely irrational, but seeing bones also scares me.

Specifically Ocarina of Time used to scare me so much. The music in Dodongo's Cavern also scared me... But going to the Well and Shadow Temple were absolute no-nos for me. I don't think I had the courage to go through Shadow Temple until maybe five years ago - around 7 to 8 years after I got the game lol... >.<

And the Redeads in Twilight Princess... They scared me just as much if not more than Ocarina of Time. >.<

I only tolerate them in the Zelda series because I love Zelda games. But everything else with such things I will avoid.

Spiders.

I'm sorry, but spiders in any sort of media still gives me the creeps. Be it Dragon Age, Skyrim, Uncharted, or Lords of Shadow, I still can barely get by those eight legged monsters without squirming in my seat.

Speaking of Uncharted, when I first played the first game the Descendants REALLY scared the shit out of me, and I really had a sense of dread when going into that old Nazi bunker. Not so much these days, but they're still pretty creepy.

• Brohoof 1

Zombies scare the hell out of me to this day.  I used to be a total wuss, and was unable to watch anything scary at all, but I've toughened up a bit, and now I really enjoy horror movies, so long as they're not overly gory.

The one thing that really scares me now is the unknown dark.  I can handle being in my room in the dark, but put me in some strange place with no lights, and I'd lose it and end up in the corner in the fetal position XD

Since you mentioned Unsolved Mysteries, I just want to say this: "TONIGHT, ON UNSOLVED MYSTERIES, FIND OUT WHO GIVES A **** ABOUT BIGFOOT!"

Back on topic, the death of the boss in Norfair in Super Metroid. (I believe its name is "Crocomire.") You can see it's skin melt off as Samus stands there watching the thing die brutally without any reaction from Samus. Then you walk back, AND THEN A SKELETON POPPED OUT!

• Brohoof 1

The Chernabog segment from Disney Fantasia haunted me as a child.

img-3091284-1-636px-Chernabog-walt-disne

Also I will add that I have minor nosocomephobia, which is by definition a fear of hospitals. I'm not actually 'scared' of hospitals or clinics per se, however they make me incredibly uncomfortable and I can't stand to be in them for extended periods of time or I will physically make myself sick.

Sleep Paralysis. The idea of waking up in the middle of the night and realising you are unable to move a muscle sounds scary enough as itself but sometimes you can even get hallucinations. Luckily I haven't had any yet. When I experienced Sleep Paralysis I had a feeling of being pinned down and unable to move. I also get this strange sensation which is like a seizure. I feel like my body is shaking uncontrollably. I heard that sleeping on your back can increase the chances of you experiencing it so after I had experienced it a few times I started to sleep on my sides. I haven't had a single episode of Sleep Paralysis since and I hope it stays that way.

This is actually the most fucking terrifying shit that can ever happen to anyone. I've gotten hallucinations of black mist clouding my vision and the sounds of footsteps and the rustling of something just out of sight, when I try to look at whatever eldritch abomination is crawling up my bed I'm totally frozen so I just lay there panicking.

0/10 would not recommend.

Edited by HunterTSN
  • Brohoof 1

Well when I was about 4 or 5 I know I used to be deathly scared of Chucky ^_^ But by now I've watched all of the movies and loved them :lol:

Stuff that currently scares me, well I've been pretty scared while playing Five Nights at Freddy's for sure. There's also any kind of bug that is big, black and crawls or flies. So basically beetles, cockroaches and their relatives. I get scared stiff if I even see one in the room and I can even cry if I see it coming towards me. I don't know why but they just have that effect on me :blink:

Thanks to all the horror stories my family just loves to share, I have a few of a few things:

- Something grabbing my foot when I'm asleep

- Seeing a monster/ghost.

- Being alone (especially in the dark)

- Sleep paralysis

- Porcelain dolls (and my grandmother has plenty!)

I'm also terrified of the show Lost Tapes. Gets me everytime.

I had this slight fear that the snow plow that came by our house was out to get me. Thinking back though, I start to wonder if it was my way of having fun. XD

Things I am still scared of and were terrified of as a kid are needles and dentists.

Edited by Cinnamon Honey

When I was young I feared people (Not real life ones obviously) who instead of a face had just one BIG mouth.

When Youtube was still fairly new I remember seeing a Video that was some dude with a GIANT human mouth instead of a face chomping repeatedly with some weird ass music in the background. I never knew why that scared me, doesn't now though.

Edited by Void Crawler