Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Stuff that scared the $#!@ out of you (and maybe still does)

Cirrus.

Spiders.

I've always had a phobia of them. Over here in the UK we get giant house spiders. They're harmless and will only bite if seriously provoked. But the speed they can move and how they move, it sort of sends me into a state of panic. I once discovered one on my elbow when I went out into the utility one night. I didn't know it was there for a good while. I mean it had every opportunity to bite me, but it never did. Of course when I saw it, I shook it off and leaped as far away as I could. Then there was a really large one that appeared on my desk lamp while I was working late at night. That one really shook me up, more than the one on my elbow. I had to use a large tupperware box to catch it. A pint glass really wasn't gonna cut it with that one.

I've been getting better over the years with spiders in general though, but the giant house spiders are still tricky for me. But regardless, I always force myself to catch them so that I can put them outside somewhere safe. I know it can be harmful to put them outside during certain periods, so I'm always careful where I release them. I've sort of tried to learn more about them to help get rid of the fear. But the thing with a phobiaI find is that it isn't like an average fear. With your bog standard fear, you can just work up the courage to throw yourself at it. With phobias? They're kind of alien.

One of those things where Fluttershy really puts me to shame. :-P

• 1 year later...

Heights. Heights are my greatest fear for me. I hate them, my legs get all worried and shaky when I'm up high. It all started when I almost fell down an escalator when I was young, yes that is true. The fear of me falling to my death is what caused me to hate and be scared of Heights. It's known as Acrophobia.

• Brohoof 1

Jeff the Killer used to TERRIFY me as a kid. Not the story (of course) but just that image of him...

Reminds me a lot of Momo which was another thing that didn't scare me but just freaked me out a little :please:

I'm still pretty terrified of that scene from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory where Violet turns into a blueberry. 

"You're turning violet, Violet!"

And god, it was even more horrifying in the Johnny Depp version.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Plenty of things! I still have tons of innate fears, like heights, the dark and brussel sprouts. A couple of specific fears; Shadowy figures really get to me and I am also terrified of the sound of something running directly towards me. I think many of my fears would be great inspirations of great horror films. That's just some of many. I am quite the scared pone of many things..That's just how I am.

• Brohoof 2

When I was a kid, when I learned of meteorites, I was terrified; I felt that our doom was very close every minute, because we wouldn't have any way to stop a really big one. That scared the fuck out of me - tho now I'd most likely eat popcorn

There was one scene from Veggietales "Where's God when I'm Scared", where like 10 monsters popped out of a closet, and the sound was terrifying. To this day, I still can't watch that scene without turning away and I don't know why. 

Also, first time I saw that creepy Bugle Monster on Courage the Cowardly dog, I jumped, but could cover my eyes 'cause I was so petrified. Fortunately, I didn't have nightmares after watching that episode.