Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Rising Dusk

Caramel chuckled at the notion that the members of the O.M.I. - such as Rising - were her metaphorical children, that needed her guidance and nurture. She could see such a thing being true for a mare as peculiar as Minty, yet she wouldn't mark it as a bad feeling. Simply seeing yourself as their boss, she might have felt less attached and ruthless when it came to ordering her subjects around, but seeing them as her own to both send to deal with dangerous things, and as offspring? The world knew no fury greater, than that of a mother scorned. Caramel already felt sorry for whatever fool would dare to even try and hurt Rising and his colleagues, seeing how immensely powerful Minty had already shown to be at a more casual, theatrical state. Combine that with unbridled fury, and whoever were her target were would know true fear, for whatever time they had left on this earth.

"I envy your bond, Minty, and pity whoever scorn your family. Emotional links can truly bring out some great teamwork, strength and trust that can make quite a difference, when things goes south. I have seen this same thing among others who were close, or even truly related, and it is a strange, yet beautiful sight to behold.

As for blood relatives, you're still young, so there is no hurry to find one whom you wish to share your natural life with, though I will word my hopes on you finding one whom can indeed help your blood line prevail, rather than a mare, or some other species. Far be it from me to judge whatever choice one makes in this manner, but I do think it would be a pity if you never sired anyone, no matter if they would inherit your strength or not.

But you are right, of course. We never know what our destiny may bring, or what path life could take us. Even if it could be a road traversed as a powerful being with a great ancestry, ones interest may be more mundane, such as finding joy in dealing with drapes, and truly, what is wrong with that? My current incarnation are one with a great love for cooking, and I have adapted to that, and find great pleasure in such a menial task too, regardless of my fascination for alchemy. There is something special about seeing the lights in otherwise gloomy eyes just flare up, once they gain something that dances on the taste buds.

Heh, but I'm sure you don't wish for me to dabble on and on about myself. It's rather trite, and I'm fairly certain it would bore you.

No, I would much rather ask in about cutie marks. We have those too here in Harrowmark, but I wonder if they are acting the same in your land, as it does here? Here we gain them once completing a task that seems to spark with our hidden potential, and the mark gives us guidance as to what we may do best. Do they function the same where you are from, or are they somehow gained through age, or a process of your princesses perhaps?"

Caramel were a curious mare, who wished to know about the world out there, and fortune be that some outsiders from a fairly interesting sounding country had come to theirs, and liberated them, which would also open the chance for them to traverse outside of Harrowmark. The opportunity to learn of the country of their saviors, and this impressive mare, were one that Caramel fully intended to take, yet it didn't hurt to know some things in advance. And really, soon as Minty might have questions of their lands, she would be pleased to share them too, regardless of how she had seemingly glossed over herself.

Perhaps Minty would find some release in knowing that at least something here were the same as it were in Equestria.

48 minutes ago, Rising Dusk said:

"And your place Thistle?  Will you remain here or return to the capital?"

"𝕄𝕪 𝕡𝕝𝕒𝕔𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕔𝕒𝕡𝕚𝕥𝕠𝕝. 𝕐𝕖𝕥 𝕠𝕟𝕔𝕖 𝕍𝕚𝕫'𝕟𝕒𝕪 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕘𝕠𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕟 𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕠𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕣, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕖𝕞𝕡𝕝𝕖𝕤 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕓𝕖𝕖𝕟 𝕣𝕖𝕓𝕦𝕚𝕝𝕕, 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕖𝕟𝕤𝕦𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕞 𝕣𝕖𝕞𝕒𝕚𝕟𝕤 𝕟𝕖𝕒𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕠𝕨𝕟. 𝕆𝕟𝕔𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕪 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕓𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕘𝕠𝕕𝕕𝕖𝕤𝕤, 𝕀 𝕔𝕒𝕟 𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕖𝕖𝕝𝕪 𝕓𝕖𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕖𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕞, 𝕚𝕟 𝕔𝕒𝕤𝕖 𝕀 𝕒𝕞 𝕟𝕖𝕖𝕕𝕖𝕕 𝕖𝕝𝕤𝕖𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖."

It were a sort of teleportation that were not possible for one such as Rising, as it required to traverse along the power line of the goddess, so to speak, and for that you had to have given up your mortal coil, and hold her favor. Usually something reserved only for the higher ranking priests and priestesses, as they were the only ones to have gone through the process to end in the same state as Thistle were. The devotion taken to go this far, were proof to Viz'nay that you were truly worthy of her favor, as as such, certain things were possible. In this case, quick travel between established temples, or particularly strong holy sites, though those things not having temples built on them already were rare, even if only ruins remained.

============================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

23 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“Stargazer can be a reasonable sort. I’m sure Rosa would be someplace safe, even if the Canterlot guards would have to watch him. Either that or they’d let him leave and he’d find some place else to stay, maybe find his way back here. We’ll be waiting for him if that is the case.”

"..."

Omen looked on as Sen of them exclaimed his opinions on what the deal were with Rosa. However, soon as he had finished and turned to do something else, she would silently wander through a small gate that closed behind her, as she had a thought that it seemed had not crossed Sen's mind: Rosa did not know where they were.

He could not use the gates like Lin and Omen, didn't have any sort of psychic link, or had been shown this place. For all he knew, they were currently sitting in a volcano. So if he didn't know where they were, and he had moved from his old position, that meant that it would be fine to go see if he wanted to be transported then, yes? It had looked as if Sen and Lin were busy setting up the camp site, so it should not matter if she left for a little, to see if Rosa needed her help to find his way. Considering how the others had spoken of him now and again, it made sense to her at least that they did not want him to just be left somewhere, after a long day being interrogated.

“Ha! There it is!” Sen exclaimed, excitedly bringing the jewel to Omen and showing her exactly what he sees. “The special property of a fire ruby, held to the light of a fire and the jewel’s color will match that of the fire itself.”

“You know with nightfall approaching, I’m wondering what mine will look like. Once we’re done, how about we pass the time like we do back home? Telling stories around the campfire. You probably have some things to process after today, Omen, and I think we can skip a lesson tonight.”

Frankly

Sen would find that Omen were still not back once he came around where she had stood, and therefor could not see the gem's properties. However, just as he had finished, the whirling, dark dot in the air that signalled her coming showed up not far from where she had left, and expanded into a pony-sized gate.

The first thing that came through, were smoke. Then afterwards, Rosa staggered out of there, holding his mask in front of his muzzle and couching. He looked pretty drained of energy, and about ready to collapse but he weren't in chains, so that were a good thing at least. So were it that he didn't seem to have any new scars or wounds, that would signal the guards having given him a less than pleasant interrogation. Not that such a thing were allowed in the guards, and anypony found doing so would be disgraced and barred from service immediately, however that did not mean that some didn't try to make it seem like some unfortunate accidents happened. A little *trip* some *resisting arrest* and so forth. It were a disgusting abuse of authority, but sadly, hard to cull out entirely.

Right behind him, would come to source of the smoke. Omen, who were currently holding a rather large piece of scorching coal in her muzzle. From the smoking it seemed to have been taken from some sort of brazier, or were the top piece of some sort of torch.

"*coff* *coff* Every time I think I've seen everything, she goes that step further. *coff*"

Omen opened her muzzle more, to allow the full piece of burning coal to enter her muzzle, at which point she'd slowly chomp down, and begin to chew, with smoke puffing out of her muzzle every now and again.

"I think I like fire. It tastes funny."

As for Shrimp, he was hanging on to Omen's underbelly, apparently either searching her again, or seeking shelter for something.

Omen would not set fire to anything in the area, though the brief smoke might irritate them for a few seconds before Omen finally got her spicy snack chomped down on.

===============================================================================

@Moonlit

Ziggy looks up as Serenade wanders in, with a muzzle full of maple syrup and delicious toast, and starts waving a hoof at the siren in disguise, with a speed resembling a hummingbirds wing. Feeding her with all the sugar that were on the plate she were presented with were delicious, and she were totally gonna eat it all up, as delicious food should not go to waste- But it were gonna clash heavily with her increased energy level already, and she'd more or less seem like a frantic crazy pony for a time, until she could get the worst out of her system. The look she gave Serenade already were a bit mental and full of enough joy to make it seem as if she were about ready to explode. And she hadn't even gotten to the hay fries yet!

"Hihi Serenade, happy day to you! Eateateat, and gets lots of energy! Ehehehe."

Fah'lina essentially ignored the arrival of Serenade, only lifting her head to glance once and make sure who had entered, before going back to her plate. The greens mixed in were not an issue to her, as she were an omnivore, and needed her greens as much as meat. That they added some crunch were frankly a bonus too, as she were starting to like that consistency in her food after yesterday.

==========================================================================

@Sekel

Enzo wafted the torch around slowly to see the light flickering in the gemstones. Perhaps they were nearing the end of where this tunnel had been dug to, as these had not been harvested? It seemed plausible, as Atzy had already surmised.

"Good. Once we have one of a sufficient size, we have gotten one step closer to your rebirth. If you see one, inform me, and I will extract it."

He'd move on and look himself of course, but he were not perfect. He may well miss it, and then they'd waste time. So if Atzy saw what he did not, he would be receptive of the help, and begin on hopefully extracting it without incident. It would be preferable if they did not start a cave-in.

He did wonder though, if she'd see more, as  they neared the end of this path? If not, and they wished to leave, they could always return here another time if need be. Enzo would lie if he said that he were not curious what information this place might hold, seeing as Atzy had memories sparking from this place, or at least shared in Karmic's visions. He weren't entirely sure which.

=====================================================================

@Sekel

"Can't blame ya folks for being nervous. It's apparently pretty recent that changelings have gotten any sort of acceptance, so being caught out somewhere, without any sort of backup, and no fighting training? If you were my kid, I'd have gotten shaky about having you leave too.

Still, it sure is nice to travel and experience things. I've been seeing all sorts too, before I even got sent to Equestria by my queen, to see what were going on with Chrysalis, after she got her flank handed to her in Canterlot. Color me surprised when I get here and hear about how she got toppled, and there's a new breed of changelings wandering 'round, making connections with ponies.

I'll admit, I weren't a fan. Thinking they'd gone and betrayed their own kind. Now though... Gotten some important perspective here, but now I'm worried that they won't accept us. A lot of bad blood going on between my queen and Thorax it sounded like."

Happy got a bit of a grizzled cringe on his face for a bit, as he thought on how there were like, 600 ways this could go totally wrong, but it were hard to stay down and serious when you looked at how happy Aurora were right now. Heh, she was darn near infectious with that sunshine mood of hers. They'd see how long it'd last though, as they were just about to hit the edge of the forest now.

"Say, have I told ya yet why I've been travelling actually? It ain't a nice story, but since you ain't a hive based changeling, I figure you might be wondering."

==============================================================

@Sekel @Widdershins

"All the more reason to get it now. Though you wanted a real flower, so I'm still gonna find one. Consequences be damned."

The princess wanted a real Tatzelflower for the ritual, so if Last had to go through this dump for three days straight, and/or get severely injured again, that weren't important. Long as she managed to get the princess the materials that she wanted, that were all that mattered. A princess should get what they wanted, provided it were not the tyrannical control over Equestria.

Much as Last had been raised to be essentially a fanatic, that served the princess unquestionable, all the Shrine Maidens were imprinted with the knowledge that if Luna had returned to them as Nightmare Moon, and were beyond redemption, they were bound to fulfill her ultimate wish, and release her from her torment. And if she could see herself cutting down one fallen tyrant, Twilight would be no different, and if this topic were ever brought up to her, Last hoped that the princess would understand the kindness this actually were. Surely, Twilight would not wish to be the reason for her peoples torment, any more than Luna once had. To know that you had somepony ready to do what had to be done, were the worst to happen, should not be a worry, but a comfort.

She wondered if Twilight gathered any of this so far though. The princess seemed wise beyond her years, yet she were still oblivious to certain things, and appeared somewhat easy to distract, if something else happened she deemed more interesting. Perhaps she didn't realize what she had near her, or she did, but simply did not find it good to bring up.

Hmm... Something to ponder about later, though for now, they had to be ready, in case the collection of sap or whatever it were, did not go well for Cherish.

@Etch Daydream

"Yeah, Princess Luna had some readjustment to get used to, far as I heard. It sorta helped on things though, that Screecher's a big ol' stick in the mud too sometimes, and a real rule rider. Out of all the generals that're on right now, she's the most *by the books* sort we got, though she knows how to think outside the box at times. A good gal when it comes to adapting too, but I swear, just ain't no fun there. Now Dew on the other hoof. Hoooboy, the stuff that lad's been game for sometimes, would make his wife roll her eyes, and his kids blush to dust.

...Naaah, just kidding. Ol' Dew's the nicest lad you'll ever run into, as well as a good sport, open minded, and game for a bit of wrestling too. Never gotten Screecher out to see me perform, but Dew's been a good sport about it a few times. Had to promise his wife to keep him outta the ring though. She didn't wanna risk anything. Seemed fair, and it wasn't like he ever had the want for it.

Now his son on the other hoof... Heh, y'know what? Not gonna share. You'll just have to wait and see for yourself, whenever you meet 'im."

She chuckled to herself, and lead Thunder to the side down what were clear a pretty big, wide entrance hall, leading to a massive, open gate. Might be the Coastal Guard weren't the most fancy guards, but they sure got themselves a big base here. Tall as all hay too, but that'd be for Thunder to see later. First off, they had to step outside, and even from this distance, and with wandering guards going in and out of here, he should be able to see that it were a pretty big, sunny place they were going into.

Going outside, they'd find a large area populated mostly by canals and wooden paths swings above and around 'em, which would go all around the start point of the base they were in, but stopping before the large, sprawling coastal town in front of them as well. It helped them traverse a bit better, and get ready for action here at the base, even though it had been a pain in the flank to get this sorted in the first place. There were also a few underwater paths, but those weren't known to civilians. Some hush hush going on there to ensure they had some ambush and/or escape routes on the ready.

It should be clear that this were more of a fishing town than a beach town, if you looked at how things were at the ocean itself, with docks, boats, and the majority of the stores this close to the water being places here you could get something to eat, get fishing supplies, or the large dock yard, where folks could go and get their boats fixed up. Pretty hard to miss that one on the right, but it weren't all that bad looking. And it were mighty important.

@Blitz Boom

Thunder smiles as he walked with Tidal and listened to what she was saying, nodding "So lots of action while doing something for the good of Equestria?" he asks "You've pretty much got me sold" he would say, looking around some more, he would then look to her "Hey Tidal, what..do you know about Mermaids?" he would ask "See, a friend of mine is married to one, and I just thought I'd ask someone who may be a expert on them, he's still pretty new to the whole mermaids exist thing" he chuckles some.

@Blitz Boom

“Aaaand she’s gone… One look away and it’s like she wasn’t even here.” 

“You think all that talk about Rosa got her to look for him?”

“I should remind myself to stop thinking out loud.”

The longma siblings quietly continued setting up the camp and milling about, grabbing some food and water canisters, getting everything ready for Omen’s return, pulling out the bedrolls for their evening naps. A shame Omen didn’t get to see the gem’s properties before leaving; she might have enjoyed it. No big loss there though, there is time to spare. 

Eventually, a gate opened and out of it came Omen and Rosa, the latter coughing up from the smoke and fumes. Where Omen decided to stop by was a mystery but it seems her lack of pain reception and talk of fire got her to grab a fiery snack from… somewhere. As for Rosa, he didn't look well as far as what Sen could tell. Tired from a day's worth of interrogation would be his guess but could someone get tired from being asked a lot of questions? Perhaps but Sen, and Lin by extension, wouldn't know a thing about that. And they wouldn't be looking forward to an experience like that. Unfortunately, they aren't ruling out the possibility of the Canterlot guard coming after them for questioning. They've got nothing to hide but that doesn't mean they're out of the woods so to speak. 

“Rosa? Omen? Everything alright?” Sen asked, grabbing some water and quickly running up to both the bat pony and the Ki’Nathar to offer some. Though the sight and scent of the burning coal was hard to ignore, the longma didn’t bring attention to it. There was a more pressing matter to attend to. 

“How did it go with Stargazer, if you don’t mind me asking?”

At the same time, Lin prepared a bedroll and brought it closer to the fire, directing everyone to sit by and rest. She laid out some food as well should Rosa be hungry though her attention was also drawn to Shrimp hanging on Omen's underside. As she learned earlier, she tried to see if she could get the little creature to loosen his grip by grabbing his attention with some food, a juicy blackberry this time. 

@Catpone Cerberus

Of course it's a playdate! Friends talk, we're talking, so we're clearly Besties!

And surely you jest, Good Sir! I HAVE been doing magic! What do you call such acts of Pastry-digitation? Widdershins's remark is punctuated by the pat of another nondescript pancake placing itself on Cerberus' back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@Sekel 

Blushing as much as he could, he averts his gaze hoping Dawn doesn't notice. Attempting to change the subject, Kaltrop pokes the sofa with a claw bashfully.

"W-well... why are we here for a start? Why you ponies got to keep everything so... soft? Where's your rocks for a bed?"

@Blitz Boom Serenade gives Ziggy a grunt, slides into her chair and promptly falls asleep. One of the foals giggles, hiccuping. Sunrise rolls his eyes and goes back to munching on a breakfast roll. Harmony has taken note of Ziggys energy levels...and she has a plan.

@Blitz Boom
Ruby to her usual manner just nodded, not that there really would have been anything to say for more talkative creature either, since Spicy's statements were pretty straight forward. She found the carriages to be a interesting concept, since it was ponies pulling a carriage to get other ponies from place to place, what a way to diminish oneself, to willingly work as mere vehicle for your own kind. "I'm curious, how many ponies have fallen off these things?" 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nada nodded, not saying anything since there wasn't much to say. She noticed that Berry was checking Serenade's trash, but didn't show that she noticed, not wanting to upset Berry by pointing it out, especially since it didn't do any harm to anyone, because if a creature had nothing to hide, there wouldn't be any real reason to worry about someone going through your trash.
--------------------------------------------------------------

@Widdershins
"Magic by itself isn't really that impressive, after all, one third of pony kind can do that." Cerberus said nonchalantly as he took the pancake off his back "I'm talking about the powers that allow you to do things ponies can't." "you know, breaking reality, opening portals to other words, things like that....or at least Discord is able to do that." "As far as I know you can just break apart and create pancakes." his tone indicated that he didn't really think that was the case, he ate the pancake. 

@Blitz Boom

How polite of Caramel to think and comment the youth of the larger mare.  Minty, sadly wasn't as young as she appeared.  Well over the bend, to use a commoner's term, the power of raw potent arcane magic maintained her youthful appearance.  But it was never polite to ask a lady's age so it rarely came up and a secret the mare liked to keep.  In her actual youth, she spent many Moons exploring every corner of Equestria.  Only afterwards settling into court at Canterlot, where she became good friends with the Princesses.  She returned to Manehatten ten years ago where she was able to build the O.M.I. with the graces of Princess Celestia.  A test location for the viability of a magical law enforcement agency.  Too much to do to even have the chance to settle down with a special somepony.  At the same time though, she didn't feel incomplete or alone.  Tomorrow is a new day she always says.  A new chance for that cliche theater happily ever after to happen.

"Oh?  It appears we do share something in common," Minty replied.  "Cutie marks in Equestria are earned with a pony finds their purpose and/or special talent.  Often as foals in their earliest years of education."  Her horn ignited and a mint colored stream leapt from her horn to draw in the air.  Quickly forming an open spell book at a slight reading angle that served as her cutie mark.  The cutie mark also served as the emblem for the O.M.I., but it wasn't likely Caramel had seen Rising detective badge.  "I earned mine the first time I set the manor's parlor ablaze with that fire you witnessed earlier," she chuckled.  Drawing on the memories of the mint colored flames dancing around the large decorated parlor and the maids running around trying to put the fires out.  That wasn't how Minty's fire worked though.  Each cast of water buckets onto the flames that did nothing but make the little foal laugh and in the end, nothing was burned.  "Does Harrowmark celebrate one gaining a cutie mark, darling?" she inquired, referring to the traditional cute-ceanera of Equestria.

Tapping his chin in thought to Thistle's comment, it would likely have to be the case the specter pony would need to be in a lot of places quickly.  A temple here and the capital might be a start, but how many more temples would have to be built in the rest of Harrowmark?  "Is teleportation not a common spell in Harrowmark?" he asked.  Not that it was super common in Equestria, but it slowly was becoming so as more and more unicorns actually wanted to expand their magic these days.

@EQ_Theta

On 9/7/2019 at 3:19 PM, EQ_Theta said:

“How did it go with Stargazer, if you don’t mind me asking?”

Rosa sat down heavily where he stood, after the smoke had cleared from his system, unaware or uncaring about whatever or not there were a bed roll.

"It went about as well as expected. Stargazer called in another to conduct the interview, citing that family ties meant that he could not take it himself, to ensure there were no perceived bias o chance of evidence contamination. It put him in quite the spot, but it was a smart move for him. If that had been discovered later, everything would have been looked over with a fine tooth comb, and he might get into trouble.

He remained near though, as interviewer after interviewer went through. Only times he didn't keep silent where whenever something needed to be brought forth for whatever reason, or when anyone seemed like they were about to go beyond what they were legally allowed to do to prisoners. I think that after the third time, they would have removed him to get their privacy, if the general hadn't showed up to take over..."

He visibly shook, as the memory of that particular bat pony came into mind. Though he had seen General Screecher before at a distance, and knew some basic information, he had not counted on how efficient she were at hiding in public what an intimidating presence she could be, if she truly wanted to. Rosa had training to ensure that he would not easily be intimidated, but the general were smart. Had waited until the right time when he were worn down by questions, and entered whilst making her presence well known. She had not needed to lay a single hoof on him to make the former spy feel small and insignificant in her presence within a few minutes.

"General Screecher is a far cleverer mare than I had given her credit for, and I will be loathe to underestimate her again.

*sigh* As for the whole process, let it be sufficient to say that it were mainly the same twenty or so questions asked constantly, at varied angles and times to see if I remained steadfast, or would change statements, while they had several branches check and double check the information I gave them, until around fifteen minutes ago. I don't know exactly what the general were told, yet my best assumption would be that she got word from King Thorax, along with some more of the information I have told him to give to Equestria over time, which would prove my intent to some degree.

Currently, I am considered to be free, yet under heavy scrutiny, and I will need to appear in three days for a grand hearing, where a proper judgement will drop. If I am not there, I will be considered a high value enemy of Equestria, and when found, will likely spend the next sixty or so years behind bars, at a minimum."

The general had made sure that he got the message, though she wouldn't have to worry. He did not intend to run from this anymore. Not that he could either. As the silver ring around his right back leg would attest, he had been marked. Long as this were on, he could be found, and if he tried to remove it, he'd get instantly teleported, apprehended, and sent into a high security isolation cell, until the hearing.

"I am well aware that the only reason I am even allowed to have this small degree of freedom, is to show some good will towards an envoy of a new ally of Equestria, but I'll take what I can get.

In regards to my brother... He didn't say much to me. After we were all done, he said that he had heard enough, before being called in to be debriefed on things himself. I assume this means that he will need time to think."

Rosa let out a large sigh, whilst he felt how deflated after this long, draining day he actually were. This whole ordeal were both mentally and physically draining, though at least he hadn't been starved or anything. Sure the meal and liquid had been modest, but the guards had been legally obligated to ensure that during this long interview, they could not do such a thing, and they had complied. Sometimes late and needing some coercion by another, like Stargazer, but still.

"As for why Omen were eating fire, I stumbled into an unstable brazier as I wandered out of the halls, and though the stray lump that fell fromit would have missed me, Omen for reasons unknown, decided that once she showed up, she wanted to eat it. The whole incident seemed to scare a cat that wandered above us for some reason though, which fell on Omen and caused quite a ruckus before it ran off. I think it may have spooked Shrimp."

As he finally bit notice in the offered food and water, Rosa would give a weak smile and thankfully take a small fruit, as well as a couple of sips of water. He were too exhausted to feel much else than a want to sleep right now, but he knew that it were best to have something in his stomach, if possible, and appreciated that they cared for his well being this much.

"Thank you. May I ask, if anything happened here, in the time I've been away?"

Shrimp in the meantime, would try to cling to Omen, whilst still latching out with one of his short arms to get the offered berry, then cling to her whilst snapping after it, yet once both of those failed, he reluctantly let go, and would go over to the offered treat, whilst looking around to see if there were any cats. He'd likely not have good interactions with that sort of creature the next time he met one again.

As for Omen, she just stood where she were, and ate her flaming coal, without moving towards any of the other food or the water. As with so many other times, she would just be observing whilst crunching through this meal of hers, which sadly did not smoke anymore, as the coal were broken more and more down by her constant chewing. At least it were still warm, which were evident by a small flame that licked across her lower lip for a moment, as she cracked through to the core of the coal.

====================================================================================

@Moonlit

The foals weren't the only ones who giggled as Serenade fell asleep at the table. Ziggy did too, and held a hoof in front of her muzzle to stop herself from outright laughing. Perhaps it weren't the kindest thing to have done if it were, but come on, this were funny!

Beyond that, she'd just focus on finishing her meal, which at this point were a race between who were done first: Her, or Fah'lina. As it turned out, that would be Ziggy, as the mimic wanted to savor the crab pieces more, and as such, chewed slowly through the last couple of pawfuls on her plate, whilst the zegasus sat and shook a little from side to side, looking like she were about to explode. It were a matter of seconds now before she'd just vanish from the room, leaving little more than a pink blue, and the constant scent of peppermint that tended to hang over her, partially due to her strange choice in perfume. If Harmony had a plan, he'd have to put in into action, and fast. Otherwise, he'd soon have a laughing zegasus speed around his telescope and over town for the next half to whole hour.

====================================================================================

@Etch Daydream

The expression on Tidal's face froze as she heard the comment and question about mermaids, and she turned to Thunder, looking for some kind of sign that he were just pulling her leg on this. Which sadly, she didn't find.

"You'd want to talk to Sergeant Kelp. Come on."

Going back inside, Tidal would be unusually quiet as she'd lead them towards a part of the large base that they hadn't been in before, which started with them taking a right turn, down a hallway similar to the one they had been on when heading for the entrance.

"Look, I'm doing my best to keep an open mind here, and not judge too harshly, but anypony who trust a mermaid's a fool. What seems like love of friendship now, is just an act, before they suddenly get bored with you, or get pregnant, at which point they're also done with you. Result's the same. Dragging their victim to the ocean, never to be seen again.

Sergeant Kelp knows the deep, dark horrors their kind's capable off. Trust me, you'll want to hear her out."

=================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

On 9/8/2019 at 1:14 PM, Rising Dusk said:

"Does Harrowmark celebrate one gaining a cutie mark, darling?"

"Why, yes of course. It is seen as a great thing, and families will come together to celebrate the event, and discuss how best to nurture this discovered talent. Though, as you can likely guess, at times said talent can be something that is... Diverted away from, as to lessen the chance of Twisted finding fascination with the individual. It will be a good thing to hear for many, that they now do not have to fear their practices will gain that kind of attention anymore, though of course, there is still the ones who find their talents in dark, twisted magics that may have some issues. Then again, there are great usage in dark, twisted magic if only you look in the right areas.

A friend of mine from long ago as an example, discovered his talent when he stumbled and fell down a hill whilst travelling with his parents. He were besieged by wicker creatures almost as soon as he hit the ground, and his family could do nothing else but watch in horror as they closed in. Yet, in his moment of fear, he called out for them to halt, with a pressure that should not be found in such a young voice. And lo and behold, they stopped their movements, and his father managed to cast a spell to withdraw the colt, who then found that he carried the cutie mark, of thorned branches intertwined, around a simple music note.

It was quite the moment for him to find that he were a Thorn Speaker, but fortunate, and he were useful for his town many years, until eventually he would be taken by old age.

Aaah, but I wish not to cause a depressing mood here. It have been a long time since his passing, and we were speaking of more fortunate things, such as your cutie mark acquisition. It sounds like quite a dangerous situation, if you gained this whilst setting something on fire. It is reminiscent of Will-O Wisp, though I hope that like with her, someone were there to help extinguish the fire you set. Dreadful business if that is allowed to spread."

It were hard not to remember that time, though Wisp had not meant for something horrid to happen. She were just trying to cast some form of magic and had somehow caused a swarm of small wisps to fly from her horn and set small fires in the area around her. How she had been distressed on that day... Oh well, she had learned from her mistake, and gotten better. And with Twisted removed, and access to the world around them, Caramel were sure that the young mare would only get gradually more powerful. If she still lived in say, twenty years or so, it may be prudent to teach her a few things, to ensure that such talents did not go to waste. All in due time though.

"Ah, and before I forget, it is only fair that I share how I got my own cutie mark. It is simple enough really: I mixed a potion for one in my olden town that had rot spread within them, from a most grizzly attack. I had made potions and small things for most of my foalhood before that too, but crafting this cure earned me my cutie mark. Perhaps because of the severity? I cannot say for sure. It were such a long time ago, and these things can appear at the most curious of times."

On 9/8/2019 at 1:14 PM, Rising Dusk said:

"Is teleportation not a common spell in Harrowmark?"

"𝕀𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕕𝕒𝕪, 𝕚𝕥 𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕞𝕠𝕟 𝕒𝕞𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕪𝕠𝕟𝕖, 𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟 𝕔𝕖𝕣𝕥𝕒𝕚𝕟 𝕕𝕚𝕒𝕞𝕠𝕟𝕕 𝕕𝕠𝕘𝕤 𝕨𝕙𝕠𝕞 𝕙𝕒𝕕 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨𝕟 𝕣𝕖𝕔𝕖𝕡𝕥𝕚𝕧𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕞𝕒𝕘𝕚𝕔𝕒𝕝 𝕖𝕟𝕖𝕣𝕘𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕔𝕒𝕟 𝕕𝕣𝕒𝕨 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕤𝕖 𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕤. ℍ𝕠𝕨𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣, 𝕚𝕥 𝕚𝕤 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕒 𝕤𝕡𝕚𝕣𝕚𝕥 𝕔𝕒𝕟 𝕕𝕠. 𝕎𝕙𝕚𝕝𝕖 𝕨𝕖 𝕔𝕒𝕟 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕞𝕒𝕘𝕚𝕔 𝕠𝕗 𝕧𝕒𝕣𝕪𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕕𝕖𝕘𝕣𝕖𝕖, 𝕥𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕡𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 𝕚𝕤 𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕨𝕙𝕚𝕔𝕙 𝕀 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕟𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕤𝕖𝕖𝕟 𝕦𝕤𝕖𝕕 𝕤𝕦𝕔𝕔𝕖𝕤𝕤𝕗𝕦𝕝𝕝𝕪 𝕓𝕪 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕥𝕖. ℙ𝕖𝕣𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕤 𝕚𝕥 𝕚𝕤 𝕒 𝕟𝕖𝕖𝕕 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕞𝕒𝕤𝕤 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕡𝕠𝕣𝕥, 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕔𝕒𝕦𝕤𝕖𝕤 𝕚𝕥? 𝕀 𝕕𝕠 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨, 𝕪𝕖𝕥 𝕒𝕤 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕔𝕒𝕟 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕣, 𝕍𝕚𝕫'𝕟𝕒𝕪 𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕧𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕤 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕗𝕒𝕚𝕥𝕙𝕗𝕦𝕝."

"These days, we do have some that does it, but Twisted heavily regulated who were allowed to do that. From what I know, usually only a few at best in every town had access, and were just supposed to use it for transporting necessities, or random beings of his choosing. I were trying to practice when I were small, but we already had a local who were the only one he allowed to do it, and after we got more self sufficient, the few who have tried were... W-Well, I don't think it's important to cover what he did to them.

I think he were afraid that if too many could teleport, we would get hope of escaping him, or call in outside help. A lot practice things in hiding though, so I'm sure that it won't be long before a lot starts to do this again. I think Mad Symphony have been using it actually?"

"He have, and gotten a few books and such in for the mayor over the years. He's a sneaky young pegasus. Somehow always knew when he were being watched, and when it were safe."

======================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"I dunno, but I figure enough to be the reason for the doors being shut real tight soon as it leaves the ground. Probably some low rung, shady ones that doesn't go with that. Always some bottom feeders in any industry, casting a dark shade on the rest.

Still, these're great. Especially those times I'm too sloshed to be on a train, and the guards haven't gotten hold of me. Heh, the amount of things these poor sods have to hear from me sometimes is staggering, but I'm a repeat customer, so they don't complain all that much. Though for the record, I never pay full price. One of the guys starting up this business borrowed a hefty sum from me to get it off the ground, and in a tough time, he weren't able to keep up payments. So we made a deal that I'd lay off him until capital started to roll in, in exchange for lifetime cheap travel. A win-win situation for him short term, and me in the long run.

Now come on. Nopony can hear us in here, what with the winds and all, along with this being all shut off from sound. So, why don't cha tell me a lil' tale of your own? You know so much 'bout us, but yer a dang mystery. I respect that, don't get me wrong, but it'd be nice getting a peek. Don't even have to be 'bout yourself if it is. You've been around the place, right? Got any strange stories from your homeland, or wherever you planted your flank the last bundle of years?."

==================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

After Berry were done with her investigative work/clean up (she sadly didn't find anything fun) she'd get back to the table and sat her flank down again. It were tempting to run through the rest of the house to see if there were anything interesting, but there was no sign that Serenade were the sort to require a full check, just to make sure she weren't stockpiling information for The Conspiracy, or something else with malicious intent. 'Sides, Nada were like, Right there. She'd never get away with it.

"So, you got something else to say about today, or something you'd wanna ask/discuss? I don't wanna intrude on you needing some rest if it is y'know. Been a bit hectic, especially around you. Heh, lil miss siren, all tangled up in politics and peace negotiations, and she didn't sign up for any of it. Twisted world sometimes, ain't it?"

Edited by Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

Thunder would blink, were they really like that. He had no reason to doubt the very guard who would know about them, so he just listened to her "I-I'll have a talk with this Sergeant then" he would say, he would hate to break his mate's heart, but if he could save him from getting too invested in this relationship, then he felt a little better about it. "So the stories about them are true then?" he would ask "They sound worse than the Sirens"

@Catpone Cerberus

Well, losing notable chunks of yourself isn't magic. So much as, I hear, that tends to be painful for other species! 

No, my author has his own theories on how magic works, but... Widdershins calmly muses as another stack of several dozen pancakes shuffle into place ontop of the catpony's head with the whirr of a deck of cards shuffling together, several of them cold or soggy, and without any sign from the draconequus that he had deigned it to happen. Well, don't underestimate the good a single pancake can do! I've started wars with only a single pancake!  ….Uh, heh, mean ended wars peacefully!

Besides, Chaos Magic works differently.

As for the whole Portal thing... I don't do that anymore. Forgotten the spell rigamarole for it. Too many drawbacks & requirements; too many consequences like having to remember where you left them or having them close on you halfway through the portal! Sworn off it ever since the Draenor Incident! I don't need more lawyers on my tails!

@Blitz Boom

“Maybe it’s better if I don’t ask anymore about what happened. You’ve had a long day and you’ll need rest. If it helps, we’ll show up at the grand hearing, even vouch for you if it comes to that.”

Whatever it is with the protocols on interrogating criminals, having some form of tracker on them wasn’t exactly something Sen and Lin knew about. The former had experience dealing with law enforcement - the city guard to be exact - and he never had anything strapped on to him just before being let go. To see Rosa drained like he is right now, it must have been quite an ordeal. Might be that to the interrogators, he is a criminal like any other and they reminded him of that every chance they got? Sen was tempted to cite his own experience with them, but now might not be a good time. Or it just isn’t relevant at all and not worth sharing. There weren’t any intimidating military types in his case but from what Sen just learned now, he’d be dreading the possibility of meeting this General Screecher. 

The longma sat with the bat pony and ate his meal with him, taking a bite out of his assortment of vegetables and fruits. “We spoke with Amethyst about what to do with the beast heart we got from Filigree. Had to stop by the quarry and get a chunk of diamond from the forepony Gem Stud. After that, Shrimp started purifying the gem before we could use it.”

“We don’t know how long we’d have to wait until we can start going after Filigree again,” Lin added, joining the rest of the group and eating her dinner with them. “So we used what time we had to figure out how to dispose of the beast heart, or at least keep anypony else from finding it again. Omen’s got a place in mind. Noxious gas and pools of… something terrible to senses will stop explorers from thinking of ever going there. That will be one less thing to worry about.”

Of course Lin wouldn’t forget about Shrimp. After he let go of Omen, she’d leave a small pile of berries lying just where everyone else is and try to get the little creature to dine with them. There weren’t any cats around but the food should be ample enough distraction for the refraction to remember that it is just them now, no cats to spook him again.

@Blitz Boom
Ruby thought for a moment, mostly about what she could say that was true but wouldn't reveal anything, sure she could have just made up something, but more you made fake stories, harder it was to remember them. "There isn't really that much to tell, until you want to hear how easily many ponies can be fooled...." she then seemed remember something "...or actually there is a weird thing that happened to me, and honestly I'm still not sure if it really happened or if I was hallucinating or something somehow." "It was around when I moved to Ponyville, specific time doesn't matter, I was minding my own business like usual and suddenly I heard a voice of a stallion talking to me, right behind me, but when I turned to look, there was nopony, and when I turned back forwards, there was this cat-thing in front of me." "He was the size of a stallion, was shaped like one, but his face and tail were that of a cat." "We then had a conversation, that in short was him talking about things he shouldn't have known and telling me to stay out of trouble, then he walked out of my view and kinda just disappeared." "What's more weird, is that for some odd reason after that discussion all cats I have seen have seemingly liked me, or at worst tolerated me." this was a experience that truly baffled her, and thus the confusion that was visible from her was real.

-----------------------------------------------------
"I wouldn't necessarily call it twisted, makes it sound quite negative, and I'd say that regardless of the end result, as long as I don't get banished, it has been more positive than negative." Nada stated "It really was about time I actually tried to have a life again." "But to answer your question, no, not really, besides maybe reminding you about the books you promised to bring me, I really don't have anything I feel like I need to talk about, but if you do have something you want to talk about, go ahead, there's no hurry for you to leave."

@Blitz Boom

Two days after Briar and Brittle visited Velvet's shop, the Earth Pony had decided he was getting nowhere on his own. He had managed to find many reasons to go and just as many to stay. Ultimately, he was leaning towards not going, though what stopped him from saying so was that he was afraid his new friend would look down on him for choosing not to adventure, even though he didn't think it was for him.

He took a deep breath as he knocked on the door to Briar's room, his only clear goal being to talk about this with the experienced adventurer and get information to make his ultimate choice, even if he ends up staying.

@Blitz Boom

Eventide Melody blinked, confused when Cover Up had cut himself off, but did not ask about it. 

I’m not fit to judge. Besides, it would be rude to ask about it, especially since I don’t really know him yet.

Despite her somewhat-wandering mind, Eventide listened attentively, and spoke when he was done. 

“Oh yeah. I think you’re referring to iridescence - it gives something a multicolored shine and, yeah, can be used for some really nice effects. Iridescent paint itself is a bit expensive for me. Except for the tacky version, which I’ve used as accents in a few of my pieces. Most of the time I use it on request, since I don’t need it a lot, but I’ve used it for a few of my own personal works. It’s practically impossible for me to recreate that effect on my own, heh.

“Your work sounds pretty cool, even if it’s not commonly used. Here, anyway. Maybe. I dunno, I’m awkward. And probably insane. It’s funny, because that’s usually one of the first things I tell ponies that I randomly meet outside of business.” She continued a bit more quickly, “- But, uh, yeah. Your work sounds cool. You can, like . . . do stuff with it. You’re a really good artist. And, yeah, it’s also really cool that you can just . . . remove lines . . . Yeah.”

Cod. I SAID NOT TO BE AWKWARD -

And thus Eventide proceeded to mentally Facepalm x2 Combo!! and then just mentally slap herself.

Edited by Galaxical Phoenix
. . . They’re ponies, not people. My fricken brain . . .

@Blitz Boom 

Continued from page 352

“That definitely sounds like a plan.  I haven’t had any opportunity to work with Everwood yet, but I hear it’s useful for returning things to their natural state.  I’m thinking that might come in handy with one of my current projects.”  Penny did well not to describe anything further here. Her particular phrasing could have been much more precise to her intentions, but in describing the abilities of Everwood in its vaguest form there could be no guess as to what her project were except by Scarcity, who already knew of Penny’s latest project, as she had commissioned it.  She fully intended to test it for stabilizing the retransformation process when the Griffin chocolate’s effects wear off.  “We’ll worry about that later though, the clock is ticking.  We need to get the ball rolling on our investigation, and this delivery.”  Tock waited patiently for Penny to finish before responding to Scarcity, “I would prefer to try this on my own.  As a certain famous inventor once said, ‘Each test that does not end in the desired result is not a failure, but a successful elimination of one possibility.’  I tend to learn better when I make mistakes on my own than by avoiding them with a skilled tutor, but I do appreciate the offer.”  He turned his attention toward Penny, who was already strapping herself to the cart.  “Anyway, the cake stand is tied down pretty good, but the straps can loosen.  Keep them tight, but not too tight.  Also, the address is on the tag on it.”  “No problem at all.  Scarcity, I’ll need you and Brick at the back two corners of the cart with these chocolates when you’re ready.  We’ll count down to eat the chocolates at the same time.”  She levitated an upgraded teleportation chocolate to each of them.

Gaea 357

Marcus 353

Charlie 354

Edited by Seamore Sandwich

@Etch Daydream

"You wouldn't believe the things I could tell you."

This were all that Tidal said as they went on their way, through a few more halls, up and down stairs, though generally going downwards, enough times to bring into question how vast this place actually were. Eventually they'd be at a large, wooden door marked as the underwater training hall. 

Tidal knocked on the door and a feminine voice behind it called out "Yes?".

"Somepony's got a mermaid in their family. You got time?"

"Sure, come on in."

Opening the door would show a room halfway covered in water, seemingly held back in that half of the room via magical means. Both sides had varied training equipment, weapons, et. with the watery side also showing several tunnels going to somewhere. The one talking were not seen.

"Boo."

From above them, the voice came out, which turned out to belong to a large female, carrying several old scars, a sort of watery, puff bubble around her neck, who looked at them with big, seaweed colored eyes. She seemed to be hanging on to a wooden pole of some kind via her tail, and carried a mischievous smile on her face.

It were a mermaid, and as she got into view, Tidal rose a hoof to her muzzle, and started to laugh behind it, whilst looking at Thunder. It appeared as if she'd been yanking his chain, and got him good.

"The general told you scary things about mermaids, didn't she? She often tries to rattle new recruits like that, since there's not enough that've seen our kind, and the stories are blown waaaaay out of proportions. You'd think we were sirens from how some of those goes.."

@Moonlit

"I wanna help!"

Ziggy would be there in an instant, and bounce around as she followed, focusing on avoiding accidentally hitting one of the foals as they went on their way towards... Something. She had no idea what it were that Harmony wanted their help with, but did it matter? She wanted some assistance, and there were the foalsies there too! How couldn't it be like, seventeen times better when that were the case?

========================================================================

@EQ_Theta

17 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“Maybe it’s better if I don’t ask anymore about what happened. You’ve had a long day and you’ll need rest. If it helps, we’ll show up at the grand hearing, even vouch for you if it comes to that.”

Though he waited until they were fully done speaking, after they had all settled down at the fire, before giving his own responses to things, Rosa would start by offering his take on this first thing. It were important to clarify a few things, as well as show thanks for what were no doubt a difficult thing to offer, considering the longma were strangers to most of pony society, and associated with an outside spy. It would surely give some worries about ones own safety, no matter how efficient they were at escaping, due to those gates that both Lin and Omen were proficient in making.

"The attendance offer is appreciated. And for the record, none of you have to worry. You're not in trouble.

In situations like this, the courts will steer on the side of caution, so even if I were condemned for high treason, or some other charge, you would at worst be seen as unfortunate bystanders who got manipulated into assisting me in varied tasks. Spies have a bad reputation for a reason, and taking advantage of the ignorant is a depressingly common trait to point hooves at. I won't lie and say that I have never partaken in such things myself either. Just kept telling myself it were all part of the job..."

He took a half hearted bite out of the fruit he were holding as he said this, and certain memories flooded by. *sigh* Did he even have enough years left hin his life, to atone for all the rotten things he had done to others? It seemed unlikely, but who knew? Perhaps in time, others would be able to forgive him for small transgressions like this, if not the larger, more destructive ones that he inadvertently caused.

17 hours ago, EQ_Theta said:

“We spoke with Amethyst about what to do with the beast heart we got from Filigree. Had to stop by the quarry and get a chunk of diamond from the forepony Gem Stud. After that, Shrimp started purifying the gem before we could use it.”

“We don’t know how long we’d have to wait until we can start going after Filigree again,” Lin added, joining the rest of the group and eating her dinner with them. “So we used what time we had to figure out how to dispose of the beast heart, or at least keep anypony else from finding it again. Omen’s got a place in mind. Noxious gas and pools of… something terrible to senses will stop explorers from thinking of ever going there. That will be one less thing to worry about.”

"In any case, it sounds as if you have been productive with your time. Finding a good hiding space and some way of containing this thing should be a top priority until Filigree one day poke her head forth again. I imagine it may be months, even years before there is anything to follow though. She knows that she is being followed now, and that one rather influential nation in particular would want for her capture. Whatever care she took to go unnoticed before will be nothing compared to what she does now, but sooner or later, she will make a mistake.

My concern is more with her benefactor. I never found any proof that she had contact with the diamond dog gang that bailed her out, and them running such a clean grab and run, reeks of being prepared in advance by someone. Filigree did not expect to be caught, and had no visitors whilst in prison, so it leads one to think that she have gotten some support now. By whom or what the reasons are, I don't know, but as it may involve this beast heart, it seems wise that you- *yawn* are dealing..."

Much as he tried to remain awake, Rosa hadn't more to give, and slumped down on the floor, fast asleep. Hopefully his drained state would keep the nightmares at bay, though they'd see. It were probably best that Sen and Shrimp took some rest too, whilst Lin and Omen sat around or something. It had been a long day, and tomorrow likely had several things in store for them.

As for Shrimp, he would still look around to see if there were cats now and again, but being near his larger-than-cats caretakers helped sooth him, as well as the offered food. Though he did drag the pile of berries with him over to the nearest caregiver, whatever that were Sen or Lin, and would start to eat once he were comfortably close to whichever one it were. A few berries rolled off as he moved around, but he's snap those up, or use his tail to bash them back as he went along, which were a bit clumsy looking, yet he didn't feel safe being out in the open right now. Too much potential for falling cats.

=======================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Huh, sounds like you've run into a low rung draconequus.

Now, I personally dounno the one you're off about, but their sort tend to be all sorts of mixed up. It ain't all Discord levels though. He's one of the high ranking, big kahunas among their kind, but there's a bunch of 'em around, either from the olden times, or more new ones, or even hybrids. Can you imagine that? Somepony mingling it with a draconequus? Gives some real messed up looking kids from what I've heard.

Anyway, same as there's them higher ups, there's the more mundane sorts that's less spirit of chaos, and more master of juggling, or some other self proclaimed title. Hay, I've run into one calling himself *Lord of the Flute*. Granted, he were pretty great, but it should give you some sorta context on what we're dealing with here. For all I know, you've run into the king of cats or something.

Power varies a great deal too, but y'know, some basics are always there. Including that lil' pesky business of being able to somehow know stuff that they shouldn't. Ain't all that're good at it, far as the stories goes, but the ones I and others I've talked with know off, can see behind the curtain even a bit. This one might've seen some of those stories you're hiding, and don't want ya to make a ruckus in this area. Probably because he wanted to it himself. Weird creatures the lot of 'em."

@Catpone Cerberus

Berry bonked herself slightly on the head as the matter of the books were brought up.

"Gosh darn it, I forgot all about the books! Alright, alright, still time to sort this out. I don't really have something more to chat about this instant, so hows about I just go fetch, before it slides out of my head again? Back in ten. Or fifteen perhaps."

The mare would scurry out of the door and head towards her home fast as she could, whilst mentally berating herself for forgetting this dang simple thing. She were gonna have to keep a note pad on her if this sort kept on, and frankly, perhaps she should look into that whilst she were at home anyway. She had tons of 'em, and not all of them were in use right now. Pretty sure she could spare one for travel purposes.

(thirteen minutes later, there's be a knock at the door, and a panting Berry would be heard trying to get her breath under control behind it.

"I'm getting way outta shape if this is taking it out of me. Open up please? I got them books."

Three of them in fact, which were rather big and heavy. Not the grandest thing to be lugging around whilst also running, and she were certainly feeling that now, but she wanted to see if she could make it back here in time. If she had counted right, she should be, but things had gone all hectic, so she weren't entirely sure anymore.

@EcstaticWind

After a few knocks, the door would slowly creak open, and Briar would step into view, and greet Velvet with a large, toothy smile. Considering there were a fish scale stuck in the upper row of sharp teeth, it appeared as if Briar had already taken care of breakfast, or lunch. Depending on the time of day. Didn't mean that his sense of smell were impaired however, as were evident in him knowing that this were Velvet, even without opening his eyes. The pony had a rather unique blend of flowery scents to him that made him stand out in this place rather substantially.

"Ah, Mr. Velvet, how lovely to see you here. We were starting to wonder if we were to find you, rather than the other way around. Please, come in."

The entrance were small and sort of beaten up, but it were what one could expect from these places, and they didn't care much about it. Their usual residence were a cave, so this were still a step up. Not a big one mind you.

Going to the actual main room itself, there were some furniture, a bed, and a couple of saddlebags against the wall in the corner. Beyond that, it were rather barren, with no artwork or personal touch of any kind. Just a dingy room in a shoddy area, like all the rest of them in this place. Beyond the luxury room though that were. That one got cleaned more often, and actually had a window with a nice'ish view. Important guests only though.

Briar waved Velvet towards the chairs, to indicate where he could sit. Were he to look for Brittle, he'd find her over at the bed, sending a nervous glance towards him, but otherwise keep to her work of making the bed. It might be sort of pointless in this place, but Briar insisted that they showed some degree of civility.

"Now then, what troubles your mind?"

============================================================================

@Galaxical Phoenix

"I don't think you're insane. It can be really hard to talk with others, and you're doing better than I do most of the time. I'm still having a hard time trying to interact with Equestrians. You're nice ponies. R-Really, I mean that, but... Your culture is sort of strange. Very happy and carefree."

Oh Viz'nay, were he insulting Equestria now? Insulting Eventide even?! Nonono, he had to... He had to get out of that. Yes. Somehow. Apologies first, clearly.

"N-Nothing wrong with you at all. I would never insult you, i mean that. Just cultures and stuff and... Other stuff. I don't want to make it sound as if..."

Cover closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths, trying to get himself in check again, whilst mentally kicking himself for sounding like a raving street lunatic.

"No wonder I failed at friendship school... Look, could we uhm... I-I mean, if it's not an issue, could we go s-somewhere else and talk? I think all the others here are m-making me more nervous. Uhm... Perhaps you too? A-Again, I am not saying anything bad about you. You're smart, artistic, and pre- Yes, artistic. Just saying that it sort of sounds like we're both h-having a d-difficult time with this? Unless it's not Other ponies that bother you? I could uhm... Go then. I guess."

He didn't want to whatsoever - even though after he almost said she were pretty, he really wanted to go out and find a mouse hole to bury himself in - yet  if this were awkward because of him, then it weren't going to get better, and it would sadly be best if he just went off and bashed his head into a wall a few times, whilst belittling himself about not even being able to talk to a single pony that he actually wanted to communicate with.

If she did agree though, there were smaller alleys, the edge of town, a small park area not too used right now as some debris from the construction were stored in the square there for now, etc. He were game for wherever, long as it weren't so crowded. It weren't helping things with all of them around.

===========================================================================

@Seamore Sandwich

"A stallion with standards and a want to succeed on his own merit, is quite a rare, yet delightful sight. I sincerely wish you luck with your efforts Mr Tock, and hope that you keep in mind that my offer still stands, are you ever to need if not a tutor, then perhaps some pointers. Of course, if you wished to talk about other things, I'm sure I could clear some space in my work schedule for that too."

So Tick Tock were a stallion with a want to go through and learn from his own mistakes? An attitude that she could respect, if not find somewhat narrow-minded. There were much to learn from seeing how others had done things, and then perfect their failures, but one had to spend a long time doing such a thing, and she did not fault him for not having the drive to go those steps beyond. It were more prudent for her sort of work regardless.

In any case, she had said her piece - after he and Penny were done speaking of course, as she did not want to appear rude - and placed herself as asked, with Brick going straight into his place too, whilst keeping a near unblinking gaze on Tick Tock. Considering how it seemed things were going, he considered it important to have a good, long look at this one, and ensure that he wouldn't miss any obvious details. You never knew who were an undercover agent or rogue assassin of some kind, so when somepony tried to get close, it were up to him to be ready, just in case.

That, and he were judging the stallion under other criteria, as he had somewhat of a vested interest in whoever might date Scarcity for his own, personal reasons.

Both he and Scarcity grabbed hold of the chocolate levitated towards them, with Scarcity using her horn, and Brick his right front hoof, and they prepared for the countdown.

"Brick? Once we arrive, do be a dear and ensure the safety of our cargo, until it is delivered."

The bodyguard would nod slightly in response to this.

"It seems we are ready then. Until we meet again, Mr. Tock."

Scarcity would send the stallion a pleased, closed-mouthed smile, which were likely to be one of the last things before they were to take off. How fun it would be when her contacts had collected all the information they could on this stallion, for her to read through another time. With some luck, there would be no... Unsavory details in there, and things could proceed somewhat naturally. For better, or for worse.

@Blitz Boom

Thunder would just nod and follow along with what Tidal was saying until they went through the tunnel, he'd be thinking about what he was told, and what his friend had told him, they were the polar opposites. After he was given the little prank by Tidal and her friend, he'd roll his eyes but laugh as well "alright alright, you got me good there Tidal" he'd say, then look to the mermaid in front of him before extending a hoof "Hi, I'm Thunder Rush, and yes, Tidal was giving me false information about your kind" he'd say with a slight chuckle "I mean, after meeting my mate's wife, who is a mermaid, I was struggling to believe that the rumors were true"

@Blitz Boom Harmony smiles, and leads the eight foals out out to the backyard. "Alright, now" She turns to the foals, "You know our deal, as many laps as you are able to." She turns to Ziggy, "Now, I was informed your not at 100%, so do you think your up for some swimming?"

@Blitz Boom

Eventide Melody waved one hoof - not dismissively, but a bit quickly.

“It’s fine. But thanks. It’s not really other ponies that make me awkward - BUT it’s not you that makes me awkward, either. I’m just . . . awkward. Including around ponies that I speak to a lot. Eheh.”

She briefly glanced at the ponies around them, then quickly turned her attention back to Cover Up.

“As of going somewhere else, yeah, that sounds like a good idea. It’s kinda awkward standing in the middle of a crowd like this, heh. Is there any particular place where you’d, ehrm, feel more comfortable?”

Edited by Galaxical Phoenix
Just a small error

@Blitz Boom

“I guess today’s interrogation was a lot more draining than it seemed. Rest now, Rosa.”

Whatever Rosa had been through today, he would definitely need more than the recommended eight hours of sleep. Sen wouldn't be surprised if he slept half the day. The Canterlot guards wouldn't have to worry about him going missing as he would be in the outskirts of Canterlot awaiting the grand hearing. The longma had some concerns that this wouldn't have a happy ending if someone tried to steer it one way but there was nothing more they could do but see how it turned out.

Lin walked over to the far end of the cave and pulled out a blanket she had kept hidden, a memento from her first week outside of Canterlot. Out of the many places she stayed, this cave was the one she spent the most time in, a good few months of searching and learning. This was one of the first few things she found as she wandered the city and used it many times when the nights went cold, especially during the winter. She slumped a deep red satin blanket over the bat pony, soft to the touch though it has seen better days since she last picked it up. There were some holes over it though none that couldn’t be fix with a quick patchwork. 

Sen looked on as he watched Shrimp eat his meal in front of him. An odd thing he never knew his sister had, especially since they could’ve put it to use from the night before.

“I didn’t know you had one of those. Where did you get it?”

“You didn’t ask if we had blankets. That's the only one I got; found it in a box in some back alley, discarded and in serious need of repair. I had to scrounge up the materials to get the holes sealed but I didn’t have enough.”

That answer would have to suffice for the meantime. There wasn’t much to do now that the day is winding down and as Sen chomped down on his meal, Lin turned her attention to the necklace Omen gifted her with, the star sapphire glistening in the faint light. She walked over to Omen as she finished the last bits of food she had left to eat, excited to learn what the secret the jewel held.

“Omen? You want to have a look at what grandfather Zo said about the star sapphire? The moon’s visible enough for us to see what’s special about the gem!”

@Blitz Boom
"I thought so first too, but he being a draconequus doesn't fully fit." Ruby responded "He was very friendly, sounding like he really cared, he didn't announce himself to be king, spirit or master anything, and generally he just didn't seem like one of those." that and she could sense that he wasn't one "Also, why would draconequus wanting to make sure I done come to their way make cats friendly towards me?" "Also, I forgot to mention, apparently his name was Cerberus, isn't that like a...dog-creature of some kind?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Nada waved after Berry, bit surprised how quickly she left, after which she closed the door and floated to check that all windows were closed to kill time.

She was close to the door when Berry arrived back, so it didn't take long for her to open it, and she was holding a glass of water when she did "There really was no hurry, you didn't need to run." "Would you like a glass of water." she offered the glass to Berry.

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE & ATZY

Atzy took her time in looking at each of the clusters of diamonds they came across. Each one varied in size but none of them were quite what they were looking for. A couple of steps into a further part of the tunnel revealed the walls and ceiling to be completely covered in diamonds. "Maybe this is where we can get what we need for the egg?" Atzy wondered, gesturing to a big chunk of the diamond with her hoof on the wall nearby. She froze though, her eyes flashing white for a scant couple of seconds and spotted a familiar filly changeling running away from the diamond with glee. "Th-th..at did you s...ee see that?"

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

"No. I don't believe you have. Is it an interesting one? I'd be glad to hear it," Aurora wondered, pausing in her jerky munching to listen. She tilted her head at Happy as they entered the border of the forest and she glanced at their changing surroundings. "This doesn't seem as foreboding as the Everfree Forest."

@Blitz Boom & @Widdershins

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

"I need the Tatzlwurm flower, yes, but I also need to make into a liquid," Twilight informed Last, unsure of how Cherish was going with the liquid gathering. So if this plant hybrid is the same as a Tatzlwurm flower, then we can just use this liquid instead. But I have no clue if this will work as a substitute."

@Widdershins

DAWN STREAK

"We keep everything soft because it's comfortable," Dawn told him as she stood up and spoke tersely with narrowed eyes. "Since you're staying. I may as well give you a tour of the house. I don't know where you'll end up sleeping though," she said as she began pointing out where everything was in the lounge room and nearby kitchen. "Probably with me," Dawn said under her breath, hoping the drake wouldn't hear that as she made sure he knew what was what in the current room they were in.

@Blitz Boom

"How delightful!  We are the same in that regard then.  We call the celebration of a pony earning their cutie mark a 'Cute-Ceanera'.  A very tried and true tradition that has been around in Equestria for more ages than even the Princesses will admit," the unicorn chuckled.  Always the pair able to one up any pony that complained there were too old.  Only that can claim to have walked the world for over a thousand years and still look that good.  Ah, the envy of every mare as they start getting on in years.  And their most luscious flowing mane, a secret to this day the refuse to part with, even with friends such as Minty.  "Worry not darling, my special flame caused no harm.  It went out on its own from when I was laughing so hard watching the maids try and put it out that I lost focus," she smiled devilishly.  Morphing the drawing of her cutie mark into a wisp of mint flame.  She held a hoof up and the wisp gracefully danced around it, not burning her flesh, gold shoe or dress.  "It only burns that which has inquired my fury," she explained and the wisp flicked forward to float before her.  Bobbing twice the wisp then hardened and crystallized, turning into a rose bud, "And when not, I can crystallize it into a beauty so hard a dragon would think twice before wanting to take a bite out of it." 

The rose bud bloomed and bloomed and kept blooming over and over.  Growing larger and larger each time before it became a floating platform that kept in front of them at their same walking pace.  Two crystal ponies emerged from the next bloom.  Formal attire draped over the pair in the next bloom just as the two bowed to one another before taking each other's hoofs.  Moving around the platform in an elegant dance to a song that was not heard, but was rather evident that it was playing in Minty's head as her head dipped and moved to an unknown beat.  A much different tune than the crystal spears Minty had used against the larger diamond dog.  "It took me many Moons to master this kind of control.  Yet still, just as this spell sparked my cutie mark, like the opening of a new book, this is but the tip of my spells."

"That makes sense," Rising Dusk concluded.  Control of information could only truly be achieved by limiting movement just as much as limiting the development of magic and technology.  They couldn't seek outside help, even his own meeting with Twisted be a result of the Sisters of Troy that started the snowball of events the brought him here.  The fact that still there were so many willing to go against such odds still even with the threat looming over them.  A great testament of defiance for even so many generations later to be so willing to revolt and not indoctrinated. 

Speaking of the goddess though.  His horn ignited and he summoned forth the solo white wisp that had been bleached by this light goddess.  "Seems she provides to anypony with a helping hoof," he chuckled.  It was still rather strange for the unicorn.  He had never thought of his wisp as singular entities, but simply pieces of a whole within himself.  This one wisp remained different from the ones he'd used for so long however.  It would be a headache if it was discovered not to be the case and he'd have to start naming them all.  Would he be able to tell the difference anyways?  They were always the same and never showed to be different.  Ugh, already his head hurt.

@Etch Daydream

"Oh, we can be dangerous, but that doesn't mean that we're duplicitous. That's more of a siren thing."

The mermaid let go with her tail and floated down, holding herself in the air with a bit of magic that were embedded into the custom uniform that covered her torso. A little something granted by the same unicorns that worked on many other sorts of practical things, such as the watery necklace that covered her gills, and made the trip around the dry areas a breeze. Sure she could breathe air, but she were one of those mermaids who needed access to water regularly to keep her circulation running well, and this were a great help to make her last longer.

"So, I notice you didn't mention the general by her title. So are you on tour, or are she trying to rope you into being a new recruit? Oh please tell me it's the later, it will be fun with a new recruit who knows something about mermaids at least. Not that I'll be easy on you for that reason though. I Am a combat instructor after all, hehe."

Sergeant Kelp were smiling all cute and innocently as she said this, as she liked to make a nice first impression before training time came, and she broke the new recruits. It were much easier for her to make them listen, and understand that their notion of strength and strategy were meaningless in watery battle, if she showed them right off the bat what happened if you went in unprepared. Plus, it were fun for her to see looks of confidence suddenly turn to realization and fear.

@Moonlit

"Yeppers! Doc said I'd be fine after yesterday, which is why I'm not on sedatives anymore. I'm bursting with energy and funsies!"

Ziggy would jolt around the foals and Harmony for about ten seconds, looking like little more than a drunk, jagged bolt of pink lightning that had gotten confused on how to hit the ground. If the foals had taken off before this though, it would just be randomly around Harmony, until the tip of Ziggy's energy had been spent. At which point, she'd stop dead in her tracks, andstand right in front of the mare, ready to be told where to go for a swim, and if there'd be some sort of race in that. It could be fun, and she still had a wagon full of energy to burn through before she'd be toned down to a more normal energy level.

========================================================================

@EQ_Theta

Rosa didn't move as the blanket were placed upon him, but were he awake, he would have appreciated the gesture. Sleeping on the ground were colder than up in a tree, wrapped in his wings. Doubly so when he didn't have his mostly ruined suit anymore. So this kindness may well end up being the difference between a minor cold, and just having a currently dreamless sleep. Hopefully he wouldn't start to gnaw in his sleep later on, as bat ponies sometimes had a tendency to do.

“Omen? You want to have a look at what grandfather Zo said about the star sapphire? The moon’s visible enough for us to see what’s special about the gem!”

"Okay. I am curious."

It seems things were done in here anyway. Sen were eating, along with Shrimp, and Rosa had fallen asleep all of a sudden. A weird situation for her, but she didn't understand the concept of energy, and how long it lasted/what it took out of you, as she had barely ever tried to go through something like this. The recent one that happened where she couldn't even open a gate were fresh and barely processed , so she couldn't even draw on that properly.

Considering what the kitsune doctors said though, perhaps this were a good thing? She had seen Rosa sleep, hanging in his tail from trees, but the kitsune had said that he needed to sleep on his stomach for a while. Perhaps it were good that he just fell asleep on the floor then, so that he didn't have to be dragged down? Something to ask for later perhaps, along with whatever or not they thought he'd squirm and wake up early again, like he had done other days. She'd like to stay and observe him, to see if anything happened, but Lin had just made a better offer. Omen had missed the show of what would happen if she observed Sen's gem, so this were going to be the first of the two that she'd experience, and she were certainly curious. The way Zo had phrased it, it sounded as if something spectacular might happen.

Perhaps it would just be a color mash of some sort though, who knew? Honestly, that could still be spectacular.

Shrimp stayed behind with Sen and ate alongside the longma as Omen would follow Lin, and while on the way, try to imagine what would happen. It sounded like it involved the moon, so perhaps it changed the light? Or turned it to cheese? Discord liked doing that. The cheese part that were. He kept saying it annoyed one particular pony enough to make it a great source of amusement when he were feeling too bored. Probably Luna, though he never specified, so she weren't sure.

"What is going to happen? Will it change things? Is the moon going to be cheese again?"

@Catpone Cerberus

"Cerberus is the name of that big ol' doggo guarding that gate to Tartarus. Pretty sure that ain't who you ran into. Wouldn't fit a draconequus either. They're all about names meaning some sort of weird thing, like Discord, Anomaly, Ataxia, etc. Strange things related to some bad stuff 'n chaos. Cerberus doesn't fit.

The cat powers sorta does though. Draconequui doesn't work on reason like us sane folks do. Their whole reason for anything is just sorta build on a *Because we can* mentality, far as I know. It'd totally be up their alley to just have you cat smitten for nothing more than the laughs.

...Might be a creation of sorts you ran into? Like... You know what a golem is, right? Mean bugger made of stuff like clay, animated and given life? Draconequui can do that sorta thing too, but on a waaaaay higher scale, and some of 'em's really into it. That Anomaly one I mentioned, right? A sort of friend of mine told me that he'd run into her when she were making all kinda of messed up animal mutations, like sharks that could breathe and swim in sand. I dunno what Discord have been meddling in in that department, but his line of weirdness is a loooooong and poorly recorded one. A pony with a cat theme on many levels wouldn't be the most out there I've ever heard off, and it ain't like he doesn't have the power to do it. Hay, likely some of the other big names could do some funky stuff like that too."

They were currently halfway to Canterlot. How time flew when you had a nice chat.

@Catpone Cerberus

"Yes, please."

Berry would gladly take the offered water after she entered and closed the door behind her, before chugging it down like it were a pumpkin spice latte.

"Oh man, that hit the spot. Thanks.

And yeah yeah, I know, perhaps I shouldn't have gotten all speedy and stuff here, but I wanted to make sure I didn't forget 'em again. I gave my word to bring these after all, right? I'm not one of Them, y'know. I keep my word."

Darn Conspiracy and all its trickery and lies. When would you stop taking things from the innocent, clueless masses? Not until they were knocked off their perch, that were for sure, and the only way were to expose the truth! Aaaand then go into hiding before she'd *conveniently disappear*. Couldn't trust powerful beings like that one bit. No sir'e.

"Anyway, got a history book, a cultural thing with dances, songs, etc over a long period of times, and one that's chalk full of maps. I figured it might be good for you to know how the known world's been mapped so far, but you can ignore it if you don't care. And don't mind the small puncture holes. I used it to mark stuff before I got a proper wall map."

@Sekel

Enzo's eyes had been on the gem as Atzy spoke out about something which seemed to rattle her quite a lot, though he did look as she requested, and saw nothing. Considering what else had gone on in this old mine though, he could guess that what she had seen were related to that filly that Aurora had followed in her visions. It appeared as if Atzy were also prone to these vision when she were in control, but perhaps not sure what to make of them? Hmm... He should keep that in mind. This may end up being important.

"I do not share the sight, as you and Karmic does, so I sadly saw nothing. Tell me though, what did you see? If we are to give chase, that would be fine for the time being, long as we remember to return here. From what I can see, you found just what we needed."

The gem that had been pointed out were seemingly large. Likely larger than they needed, but that were fine. They had to shape it correctly anyway, and a larger shape would make it easier to do so somewhat correctly. It were just going to be rather big to carry around. Good that he wasn't a small kitten anymore he supposed.

======================================================================

@Sekel

"I'll tell you then. Just remember to keep an open mind here.

See, a hive got all sorts of specialized worker. Nurses for the nymphs, soldiers, spies, menial workers, that sorta thing. Once I got turned by Onache, and she learned of my profession back in the human world, she figured that I'd fit the role of a scout well, and got me trained accordingly.

So a few years in, and I got specialized in combat and transformation, then sent off with this here wagon of mine. My role? Go through the country, interact with folks, and keep a good business. Bits or other currency I didn't need were sent back to the hive to be used for varied things, along with scouting reports. If the town then seemed easy enough to take over, or Onache saw a weakness to exploit, she'd then prepare the hive and come in to take it over, and break the wills of the locals, who'd be sent back to the hive for menial labor and food sources. A few might be turned, but it wasn't normal for her to do that all that often, unless it were someone mighty strong.

I know ow it sounds, but again, there's a reason why Onache got herself a pretty bad rep. A whole lot to atone for these days, even though I know she just did it to try and get as much food for her folks as she could. The top priority of a queen, is to feed her subjects after all.

Anyway, I came to Equestria because she wrote me that Chrysalis had started to make some pretty crazy moves, had gotten her flank handed to her by Canterlot, and wanted to see if perhaps her territory were ripe for a takeover. Never even found out where Chrysalis hung out before all of a sudden, my queen's here. In Ponyville. And then goes on saying I'm her last changeling. I think I've gotten behind on some pretty important stuff. Heh, wouldn't be the first time either. As a scout, and a weird hybrid of changeling and human that have some perks, I've barely been in the hive. I think it's what, a year and a half since I were last back there actually? *sigh* how time flies.

And yeah, the forest 'round here seems calmer. Probably just boars or something at worst, and they usually don't bother giving you the time of day."

So there was a bit of a hive and history lesson. Happy weren't sure how Aurora were gonna take it, but he hoped that it wouldn't be too harsh, and that she''d allow hi some chance to defend himself and Onache on this whole mess. He knew that it weren't pretty after all. Necessities like that rarely were, sadly.

At least the forest they were just minutes from entering looked pretty. Flowers, some trees, and he were pretty sure he heard an owl yapping off too. Annoying pests sometimes, but meh, no skin off his back more often than not. Just a couple who had made a bad impression, as they swooped down to hunt and he got in the way.

@Sekel @Widdershins

"We'll just have to test it then."

Last looked on, as Cherish seemed to effortlessly harvest a full canteen of the stuff. Guaranteeing both that Twilight would have plenty to work with, and that she could keep it. Because Last sure wasn't ever gonna be able to drink from that again, knowing there had been mutant plant blood in it.

As she floated back with it, Cherish would hand the canteen to last, who put it in the saddlebag, before turning away from the plant with a wary look in her eye.

"I would suggest that we return with this first, your majesty. If it doesn't work, I can return to find a real one."

Considering that she were taking charge to make sure that the princess were kept safe, Last were already on the path and looking around, doing what she could to ensure that no creature were nearby and ready to pounce on them. Cherish in the meantime, gave her glances back at the plant creature as they walked, and she floated along with them, saddened that they had to leave it behind, but understanding why. Hopefully they could return at some point and figure out something to do so that they could help it. Poor thing must have a troubled existence. Or would have, if it were able to understand its own predicament. Somehow, she doubted that it did.

"Goodbye, plant creature. Please stay safe."

"I doubt it have any natural predators. Ain't the same thing with ponies."

Ponies had several creatures who could - and would - eat them for a good word, so as she said, it were better that they worried about themselves, rather than the plant homologous that could likely crush a bear to a pulp with an ill placed stomp. It were best if they all just followed her lead out of here for now, and tried to stay away from that thing. With some luck, they'd never see it again.

@Galaxical Phoenix

So it wasn't just him? That were good to know actually, as he were certain that he had done something that were making things worse than they actually were.

"Well, I saw a park not far from here, so there, maybe? It looked quieter."

Granted, some of that had to do with there being actual debris stacked up in the middle of it, as it were out of the way and didn't break anything (as  the fountain had been decimated by the attack), but it didn't change the fact that this were a nice, quiet space for them to go.

He'd lead the way, scurrying along, and sending nervous glances here and there as a few notable faces came up that Cover would rather not interact with right now for varied reasons. Including Pinkie Pie, who gave him a glance that to her likely seemed joyful and curious, but for Cover looked more predatory. As if she were about to pounce them at any second. From what he had heard of her, that may well be more true than he were comfortable with.

Once they got there, they'd quickly be able to find a nice, quiet place, overlooking the large pile of debris in front of them, but also with a good deal of nature and a sizable bench.

"This is better. Less judging eyes, and plenty of trees. It feels... Homely.

Thank you for going here. I know it must seem sort of weird. A complete stranger just trying to get you somewhere, but I promise, I'm not trying something. I'm not a bad pony. I just don't know how to handle myself around packed areas of Equestria. It's very different from where I grew up, or my family before that."

======================================================================

@Rising Dusk

6 hours ago, Rising Dusk said:

The rose bud bloomed and bloomed and kept blooming over and over.  Growing larger and larger each time before it became a floating platform that kept in front of them at their same walking pace.  Two crystal ponies emerged from the next bloom.  Formal attire draped over the pair in the next bloom just as the two bowed to one another before taking each other's hoofs.  Moving around the platform in an elegant dance to a song that was not heard, but was rather evident that it was playing in Minty's head as her head dipped and moved to an unknown beat.  A much different tune than the crystal spears Minty had used against the larger diamond dog.  "It took me many Moons to master this kind of control.  Yet still, just as this spell sparked my cutie mark, like the opening of a new book, this is but the tip of my spells."

Caramel stopped to clap her hooves excitedly at what she were seeing. Small flames, adjustable in heat were something she had seen countless times with Wisp, but this? Crystallizing and forming them into magnificent, detailed creations as lifelike as could be, moving along and dancing to a melody that were not heard, and were fully unknown to Caramel. Having never left Harrowmark, she did not know of the music from other lands, but what did it matter? This were still a beautiful, captivating performance, and sadly she could not offer nearly the amount of applause that it deserved on her own.

Well, she could do something to amplify this a little she supposed, but it were not worth the expended energy honestly. It might be important later.

"Ahahaha. Marvelous. Absolutely breathtaking. Despite the lives I have lived, I can honestly say that I have never seen a performance quite as intricate as this. There must hardly be a scene which would not be lucky to have you perform upon it, in whatever fashion you saw fit.

I wish that I could show you something of grandeur like this, yet sadly my magic and gifts excels in other ways, and do not possess the ability to hold a candle to this delightful wonder that you are able to create.

Please, if you would allow it, might I offer you a gift for all you have shown and told me? Harrowmark is a nation based on trade, and you have given me much, whereas I have barely had the chance to repay even a little of that. It hardly seems right in my eyes."

Sure she enjoyed getting some things for free, but that were hardly fair in this situation, and she did honestly wish to repay this absolute delight of a mare for her valuable time and insight. Certainly there would be something within her domicile that could be of use to one like Minty. They could see soon enough really, as they were not far from the others. Why, one could hear the joyful, festive mood still going along in full swing already.

6 hours ago, Rising Dusk said:

"Seems she provides to anypony with a helping hoof,"

Both Sickle and Wisp looked with big, amazed eyes at the wisp that were brought forth, whilst Thistle gave it a more observing, cautious look. Something seemed to cause her concern or wonder about seeing that Rising had access to this sliver of the goddess, which had embedded itself within one of the wisps that he controlled.

"...𝔾𝕠𝕕𝕤 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕖𝕞𝕡𝕠𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝕓𝕪 𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕓𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕖𝕗 𝕚𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕞. 𝕀𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕒𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕚𝕣 𝕨𝕒𝕪, 𝕓𝕪 𝕦𝕤 𝕞𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕒𝕝𝕤. 𝔸𝕤 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕔𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕡 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕪𝕠𝕦, 𝕀 𝕙𝕠𝕡𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕣𝕖𝕞𝕖𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕚𝕥 𝕣𝕖𝕡𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕒𝕣𝕖, 𝕙𝕦𝕞𝕓𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕖𝕩𝕡𝕖𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕟𝕔𝕖, 𝕠𝕗 𝕒 𝕘𝕠𝕕𝕕𝕖𝕤𝕤 𝕡𝕦𝕥𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕚𝕣 𝕗𝕒𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕚𝕟 𝕪𝕠𝕦."

Thistle were not infallible. Like any being, she could hate. She could feel saddened. And yes, she could be envious.

That were the feeling she had over seeing this within Rising's grasp, as she knew that this were not what she had thought anymore. It were not just a matter of Viz'nay having some degree of hope, and granting him a temporary usage of her power to be used and expended. This were an actual part of her essence. A sliver of a goddesses power, granted to Rising as a gift to keep, when she put her faith in him to save her.

What this would mean for him, and how it would affect things outside of Harrowmark, Thistle could not even begin to guess. She knew not of anyone who had been given the faith of a god before. Not even her, who considered herself the most devout there were, and she felt a little envious at him for have gotten what she had never managed to achieve.