Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

She had remained still during the time she was carried over, and still was as she was being placed down, but not so much when the booming voice sounded past them. "What was that?!" She said, entering a defense position.

===============================

Sapphire sighed and lowered her head, looking to Iron Star, then Scarcity. "He can't see yet, Misty is recovering from a broken leg, and Astral has never learned how to fight with magic. I am the only one here aside from possibly you, who can fight without magic. But yes, knowing anything will suffice for me, and for you." Sapphire turned away, taking a moment to think. "These two don't go by their original names, Athriel is my sister, and was named Emerald, and Warlock used to be General Ironheart, or Chariot Ironheart. Quite ironic for a stallion named that to want Equestrian domination."

===============================

Iron Wing flew upwards as te beam blasted down, dodging it but blocking the beam with his wings, Warlock growling as he flew towards the general, wing flying out of the way as Warlock ended up plummeted down, deciding to strike at Enzo. "You, Betrayed, ME!" He yelled, two swords forming as he went for Enzo's head. Wing letting himself fall towards Warlock, ready to strike him.

@genessee

Berry whistled and made sure that the door was shut tight before she started to say something, then stopped herself and put her ear to a few crates of coffee to make sure that they weren't spied on. You could never be too safe in this crazy world.

"Okay, soooo, you know you have to keep your muzzle shut on this, right? Alonsus is a bit wonky, but he's a nice stallion and doesn't deserve the flack. I think so at least. I don't really have all the information.

I mean yeah, Alonsus is on parole and need to have weekly meetings with first the mayor, and now the Night Guard that got stationed in town recently, but they throw nothing away that really say anything, so I'm not sure why. Or okay, I have some ideas from what I picked from his trash, but he shouldn't just leave letters from home unattended in his garbage if he didn't want me to know."

========================================================================================

@Dji @Widdershins

Spicy rolled her eyes at the spectacle these two were causing. Explosive relationship right there for sure.

"Marley, if she falls off, get ready to catch her. I don't care much for hospitals."

"No worries boss, I got her covered if he doesn't."

He spread his wings and cracked his talons a little, ready for showtime.

=======================================================================================

@Widdershins

Sorrow and Grim gave the draconequus a funny look after he attempted to debunk that Legion would ever work as a concept.

"I've had Legion for twelve years, with up to seven dozen spirits at once, and getting away from the places that keeps them locked down helps."

"Look, you two can argue over this later, right now we need to interrupt Legion first and foremost."

Grim had plenty to say about what he had seen with both his daughter and his mother, and could vouch that what Sorrow did had helped just as much as what Blight did, even if the mechanics of these things seemed a little strange. Though as his mother had said, it was about snapping the spirits out of their trapped state. Be it by causing them unrest, forcing them along, hurting them, dispel the cloud that had gone over their eyes (apparently a thing his great grandmother had done) or by getting them away from the small slice of the world they had been stuck in for so long, it didn't really matter. The results were what mattered, and their family history were a several millennia long example of how well they did the family business.

"I could try and find some silver. Loads of that around this place, but I don't see how it would work honestly. I-"

"Get out of my garden you wretched beast!"

The loud, incredibly angry voice of Rose were heard just before a confusing mess of hooves, claws, suction cups and paper came running towards them.

"Angry pony, angry pony, angry pony!"

The voice of Anomaly increased as she ran past where they stood, with her hooves skittering along rapidly along with the appendages she had paper bags stuck into. Her face and voicr actually screamed out fear for who was chasing her, which by all accounts were the mare they had heard just before. The very one who came running just a few seconds later with a beautiful shovel in oak and a polished, pure iron head stuck in her teeth. She looked furious, but halted from chasing down the rest when she saw the scene unfold in front of her.

"You assault my Home too?! I will not tolerate this intrusion!"

She swung the shovel towards Widdershins whilst Anomaly just kept on running further into the place, away from the blade that would cause her serious issues, but might be just what Widders could use. If he didn't take it to the face that were.

================================================================================================

@Widdershins

Somepony singing could be heard outside about ten minutes later, following the tune of *Sweet Home Alabama* though where in the world that would be would be unknown to Ambie. The one who sung it however, still had some memories about what that place were, even if he had not been there for a long time. Kinda hard when you got torn from the dimension that had it.

Happy wasn't sure if this dimension had an equivalent actually, but it'd likely be called something ponyfied then. Like... Alahayma or something.

"Ding dong, special delivery to the muzzled chameleon. Come on, it's a great day."

Granted, the bourbon had something to do with it being better, but not as much as having a finished piece of work to proudly show off. A bit of a prideful side to him that never really let go, and showed itself constantly when he were showing off his wares as well. He took a good deal of pride in his work being good.

He weren't anywhere near drunk though. He had a pretty strong alcohol tolerance, and he had barely taken three sips of the jar before he left. What he felt now were a slight bit of assisted joy, but not so much that he'd act irrationally from it. His brain would handle messing up things just fine by itself.

=======================================================================================

@Battenberg

"I really don't know what's going on. He usually a little reclusive, but more lively than this."

His dad didn't react on the words that Victoria was saying, nor on how both ponies seemed to think it was rather hot in here, though thankfully both of them could handle it. Victoria from being in the kitchen, and Pop from basically the same reason, just less from cakes and more from things like pulling sweets. That stuff got real hot when it first got started.

The older dragon went over and slowly laid down on a cough, closed his eyes... And started to snore.

"Uhm... Okay, this was not what I had expected at all."

"Yeah, I guess I should've told you that he haves some issues sleeping these days. Both from all the work he does to try and help mom fit in better,a and from the cold air too. I mean, it's nice enough in here, but it's just not the same as a lava pool or a steam pit at the very least."

"Poor dad... Guess it's better if we don't disturb him right now. Where's mom?"

Toxen waved them over to follow her into the next room, where sitting arrangements would be handled. And there, in the biggest seat of them all and cleaning her claws with an old piece of broken or shed horn, sat Jade. Her face rose as she saw them enter, and she snorted a small cloud of smoke out of her nostrils. You could see that she were somewhat surprised at noticing Victoria there though.

"I see you brought two of them."

"Victoria's out friend, and she's also one of the ponies who baked the cakes we brought with us to try and brighten the day. We have blueberry, spice, and chili."

"Did someone say chili?"

Pop nearly jumped out of her good skin as the grovelling voice of Benny's dad emerged from behind her.

"You shouldn't focus on that Jet. You're tired, go to bed."

"Tried a few times, doesn't take. Perhaps something to eat will help..."

A concerned tone and look went over Jade as she addressed her husband. It might be that they were not as lovey dovey as Benny and Pop were, but she still cared a good deal for him, and seeing him beat himself up over not being able to make his wife happy concerned her. It wasn't on him that she felt out of place, annoyed and worried about their son's future, but he weren't listening to it when she told him that. Stupid dragon and his sentimental heart sometimes...

Jet would go over and give her a peck on the cheek before sitting down next to her, leaving Benny and the two ponies to sit opposite on the large furniture, with the table between them. Perfect place to put the cakes that Benny had been lugging around, which he'd get to right away. The faster the better more than likely.

==========================================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight

Just as the door was slammed down, it hit a spring that were there for seemingly no reason, causing the door to slam backwards with quite the force. Likely enough to slam Lucid efficiently on the snout and knock him back a little.

"You really shouldn't start breaking the houses. The author gets all kinds of angry about anypony doing that and starts to fight back."

Hey, I went through a lot of roleplay to almost have the town rebuild, and he's smashing doors without a care. To canon characters too no less! He should just be thankful that I didn't write that she had a bear visiting her to finish the set.

"Bla bla bla, stupid hairless monkey who needs to feel strong."

That's it! Ferdinand!

Out of seemingly nowhere, a large bull would smash into Anomaly and send her flying into a tree.

========================================================================================

@Dji

"So you are one with open eyes, that does not serve the greater purpose then? I envy you."

Zhu glanced towards the bars, and at the guard in the distance. A pity what would befall him soon.

"Serving a greater purpose is important, but the chains are felt. Freedom gets limited and morals cast aside with every action needed to balance cruelty and compassion, and if you are faced with the offer to use your gift in this service, I would advice that you do not take it. The elements can keep you alive for far longer than your life should last, but the servitude is a heavy burden."

As Karmic might get glances into the past, she might well be able to catch a few glimpses of what Zhu meant. From him wandering aimlessly, avoiding his eyes from everypony he met, to standing in front of eight massive creatures looming above him, formed of the elements that made them such as fire or air. She may even end up catching an even older glimpse, of one of the times where a small Zhu would be wandering this castle with a certain princess of the sun, or even picked up and hugged by the pony that had secretly taken him in after his egg had hatched.

Even if she saw nothing though, his words were more meant as a general warning anyway. Backstory were not needed to tell her to not take the mantle that he were carrying, no matter how important it might seem to be.

"You say that I am but a stepping stone though. If you do not mean that it is because I have a need to work more in shadows than the open, then tell me, what is it that you mean? I am curious."

================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta @Storm Shine

"She should be aiming for the center of Equestria. Specifically the Sparkling Array mine."

"Why?"

Omen didn't know why this bat pony seemed to sound so certain about this, when her friends all looked to be asking questions.

"It's located over the largest diamond mine in the country. If she pollutes the vein down there, the changeling emeralds would be able to spread underground for hundreds of miles around the mine, giving her greater power and a home advantage. Other mines can be overtaken eventually, but if she wants to solidify her strength, this is the only place to start."

Rosa took a hoof to his outfit, and from an opening near his right side, he pulled out an old piece of paper that seemed torn from a book.

"Her diary also mentioned this as her plan if she managed to locate a beast heart, ten years ago, before she vanished. That she have found it is troubling, but her thirst for vengeance gives us time. Amethyst said that she were here only a few hours ago, so she is either going for Clayton, Spelt, or the mine next. It would be wise to spread around."

"Sister and I can transport others. Can that help?"

"I suggest you two each take a group then, with the one headed for the mine having the refraction there, and Discord searching at Clayton's home to see if she have been there yet. If she haven't it can provide a site for a trap.

I am going with whatever group takes the refraction to the mine. Perhaps seeing one of the foals she abandoned will cause Filigree to stagger enough for the refraction to attack her.

As for the rest of these gems, I found a full crate of the liquid required to handle them in the back. Filigree thinks her vengeance on Amethyst is done, so the work should not be interrupted, and her companions can hide out here."

Rosa stopped after that, waiting to hear if somepony else had some other ideas, inputs, or group preferences. Plus he was listening in to hear how it went outside, where it seemed some guards had shown up after reports had arrived about everything from glittering fire to weird beings like Discord being near her shop, and Amethyst had to try and sort things out with them. Depending on how Discord might behave, that could prove difficult.

===========================================================================================

@Lloyd

"I don't know, but whoever talked, they don't sound all that happy."

The sound of other things outside did not give her comfort either, including the vague voice of Warlock claiming that someone had betrayed him.

"Whatever is going on out there, I don't want any part of it. Let them sort it themselves while we look for another way out. Can't just be one path in a castle this size."

There was a side way right to the left of them actually that they could go down, and although there were no guarantee it led to safety, she were going to guess it would be more safe than walking out into a magic fight with her a griffon, a witch without magic and an unconscious vessel.

============================================================================================

@Lloyd

"Your sister you say? Fascinating."

Scarcity had felt a joyful tingle going down her spine as she heard that one of the targets were a family member of Sapphire. Not that she were really aiming to use anything like that against the mare currently, but the twists and turns that came around now were just delicious.

"Could it then be that your horn did not work since she did not have a body darling? It is hard to answer a call that have no ears to receive it, nor legs to move yourself towards the target with.

I would suggest trying to give it a toot now. You may end up surprised. Though if that does not work, perhaps you can use the time I will need to gather information to travel to a place that might hold significance to your sister. Someplace you two shared, or the home you grew up in as simple suggestions.

But one thing at a time. Your poor husband and your adopted grandfilly should be allowed to rest. Transport me back to Canterlot, and I will begin my work into seeing what I can find on Chariot."

Since he were a general, the place to start were going to be somepony with access to the files the Royal Guard had on their former members. How fortunate that she had several connections within the guard in situations like this.

===========================================================================================

@Lloyd

Enzo stood ready to just slap the pathetic little witch away from his sight.

"You spouted lies at me."

It didn't get much further than that before he swatted to connect the blades with the tough bone his cuffs were made from, as well as conjuring strips of cloth that were aiming to wrap around Warlock and pack him up like a sausage. Predictable moves perhaps, but in Enzo's defense, he had been locked up in a temple for a long time. That didn't really give him the chance to train any martial arts or something like that as much as be bored, angry and hungry.

Warlock might notice that Enzo and Wing wasn't the only ones going after him though. Brick had taken to the sky and flew towards him with both the blades on his sides connected to each of his front hooves, ready to parry and/or strike, with the mirror dangling around his neck. With the position that his blades were in, he's be able to deflect a blade headed towards the glass, so splintering it didn't seem smart. However if Warlock teleported fast, he should be able to be far enough away this time to do so successfully and live to fight another day. Or he could stay and be the pinata of a sphinx, a magic-winged pony, and the pegasus that had a magic eating relic tat affected magic within a certain vicinity around his neck.

Wing uhm... Might be in trouble actually.

@Blitz Boom

"Alright then, I'll have to do this the boring way then."

Lucid simply opened the door this time.

"Hey, anyone home?"

He walked into the living area hoping to find someone there, specifically Discord.

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

@Blitz Boom @Storm Shine

"Sounds good. I can go with Discord to Clayton's place and have a look. If she isn't there, we could head to Spelt's location; might need a vial or two of that liquid if the crystals are growing there."

"Which means Omen and I will go to the mines. Sounds like we'll be going in groups of three, more or less."

Sen added to what Lin said as he stood up, holding a claw to his head as he tries to regain his composure and balance though he seemed to be no worse for wear. That last blast was surreal and he could only imagine what that would look like if someone else was on the receiving end. With little else in mind, the plan seemed sound and that meant having little else to do but delay before setting out. Knowing Lin, she already has a strategy ready to go and if she doesn't, she's already working on one in her head. Exit strategies are also preferable and likely necessary as their options appeared to be limited and it would be a wise move to have many alternate plans should one go south. That meant Omen now has to know what both siblings were planning earlier. Sen sat by Omen to lay it out.

"About what I said earlier, that little thing Lin and I were working on. I'm thinking we could use your gates to disorient Rose; you open one and I walk through. I appear somewhere else nearby and take a swipe at her before leaving through another gate you open. I have a feeling it will give us an advantage but we have to work fast. Have you tried quickly opening and closing gates before?

As for Lin, she turned to Amethyst and had a question of her own. "Just curious, how far away is Spelt's place? And would she be the fighting type? We might need all the help we can get." 

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Blitz Boom

Victoria was not scared but she seemed tense, her body was very stiff which was only more noticeable when she walked forward, barely bending her legs. She thought about the words she wanted to use carefully, she was stuck between being super defensive and perhaps a little rude, especially due to Jade's presence, and trying to be nicer to everyone, including the dragons. She remembered when she was in the Dragon Lands with her father and how she had actually got on well with the dragons and had watched them pulling off their extreme stunts and playing dangerous games and found it most entertaining. With these memories in mind she attempted to be kinder than she had previously been, though she remained stiff and ready to blurt out something tough if she needed to. She gave Jade a wobbly smile.

"Nice to see you again Jade. You seem.... more relaxed than the last time we met. Hopefully that means you're more willing to talk more... politely with us ponies this time."

Jet's sudden appearance behind her startled the tense pony and she jumped round to face him, her front legs spread and her head low, teeth bared. Though she quickly corrected herself realising she wasn't being attacked and smiled up at him.

"Y-yes! My sister and I made you a chilli cake, it's not something we do often so I hope it's ok for you. I had to trot all the way across the city to get the chilli powder."

She giggled, trying to ease the tension in the air. When Jade made a comment she turned to face her and frowned slightly, though she was still attempting to hold her smile.

"H-he's right, maybe the cake will do him some good? There's nothing better than consuming your favourite food, especially when it's in cake form!"

Her smile became a little more genuine though it had a sort of smug look to it now, she raised an eyebrow.

"I didn't know you had feelings Jade. It's good to see you're actually concerned for your husband. I think maybe you're like me, locking your true self and all her emotions up inside a tough external shell. You should let some of it out, it feels great!"

She smiled at the cakes as she sat down, licking her lips slightly and admiring her sister's work.

"You should have some cake too Jade. Cake was one of the only things that could crack my shell, I love the stuff."

Her mouth was watering as she was now looking at the cakes as if she were deeply in love with them.

@Blitz Boom seeing the ruins he never seen he too was curious more. Hearing the feline sayvhe might know what happend, crescents own mind relaxed a bit "somponys trap or experiment gone wring perhaps? What you think it might have been? " the bat asked still keeping an ear out for the young colt. 

@Blitz Boom

AJ gawked at the tree that has sprung back to full health...AJ thought it was a lost cause...it hadn't beared any fruit for 3 seasons and she was getting hopeless,Lyreil has helped the fram and that is something AJ will remember. Aj tried to keep her form " Thats amazing, thank ya so much........Should we get going back to town, I could take you  to Twilights home?

@EQ_Theta @Blitz Boom

Discord began whistling a random tune, causing a flock of birds to stop flying by and begin break-dancing in mid-air. Nearby, a few squirrels were seen wearing business suits, signing off a seriously nutty contract in tree-sap. "It's a wonderful day, isn't it?" Posed the spirit of chaos to those who might hear him, "Things are going just swimmingly!" It was a complete coincidence that a cat was moving through the air, looking as though it were swimming underwater, as he said that.

@Blitz Boom

Astral looked to Black beak. "The roof is completely torn open on the first floor, and there are many secret exits in the castle, and holes in the failing walls. We could find a way to escape."

===================================

Sapphire lowered her head as Scarcity spoke, giving it a quick thought. "Well, she spent most of her years trapped inside another pony, with no control over them. It could be possible she might try to listen to it now if I sounded it, but she might not come to try to reconcile. Even if the place held memories to her."

"Yes, we're not exactly battle ready either way." Star added, pointing to his eyes.

"That and my family, Astral or my, parents." She paused for a moment, looking down. "They never taught me how to fight."

Sapphire picked up a satchel and placed it on her back. "Okay, so you two can sound the horn when you need me." She stood near Scarcity. "Now, are you ready for teleportation?" She asked, a little teasingly.

The feathers from the general's wing flew forward towards Warlock, knocking the swords away, Warlock spun around, gripping back onto one to slice the cloth as he continued to fall down, the general found his wings falling apart as he got closer to brick, as he fell down. "Oh shoot!" He kicked at the air as he fell rapidly, his feathers zooming around him rapidly as they exited the relic's range, returning to their original formation as he extended them out, slowing his decent as he landed. "So glad these are permanently enchanted." He said to himself, looking up as Warlock continued to fall.

The swords in his hoof fell apart as he teleported onto the ground quickly, before the Path could consume more of his magic, Iron Wing flying over and tackling him down, Warlock kicking him away and running off into the forest. "Well, he can't go far without an element." Nectar said. "My general will be here soon with my army, perhaps this will end quickly."

"Let's hope so." He flapped his wings a few times, soaring through the air and following Warlock into the forest, and hopefully the rest would follow.

@Lucid_Nightlight

Nopony would be home currently, but Lucid would have bigger problems on his hooves since he had ignored a rather large, irritated bull behind him. He would barely get a few hooves inside the house before it would put a horn to him and - unless something odd happened within a half second or so - the bull would turn his head with Lucid on the *hook* and violently sling him a good distance away from the entrance into Fluttershy's strangely unlocked house. Perhaps it would even toss him into the same tree that Anomaly was currently making her way down from, after her own encounter with Ferdinand.

===========================================================================================================

@Storm Shine @EQ_Theta

"Sounds like a plan."

Rosa gave an odd glance towards the Longma siblings. He had tossed the part about Filigree having abandoned several foals - including himself - out there to see the reaction, but it seemed to have not done a thing. Curious development, but it taught him a little about these two at least. Or rather, it gave a range of options going from *did not hear/focus on it* to *pretends they didn't hear, but thinks on how to use it* and of course *doesn't judge based on blood*. There were more stages and options for what their thoughts were on this, but for now, this werw hat he had to work it. He'd need more information before he could make a proper assessment about them, and their strange group of companions.

Omen seemed simple enough though. The blank stare she gave, the questions, being generally unfazed by things... He would not claim that she was stupid, but the voice projected into his head only cemented that whatever she were, knowledge wasn't her strong side. Perhaps she were a mimic of some kind that was trying to learn? Seemed plausible.

He did make an additional note about Omen however, when Sen asked if she could rapidly open gates, and a myriad of the things started to appear and reappear around her. There seemed to be openings to a dark place behind half of them, making him conclude that there were some kind of middle station for these things when it came to her. Even if they were placed closely, you'd still had to press yourself through one of them, though to test that, he threw a drained crystal through one of the openings and timed whenbit came back. A second's delay it seemed. Not much, but something to keep in mind.

As for Discord, that would take more time than he could imagine they had, so he wouldn't bother much, but rather just remain cautiously around him, and Shrimp were a simple, small creature. It wanted food, it's protector, and though its flames weren't harmful, they still seemed best to avoid.

Outside, Amethyst had her hooves full with trying to explain things to the guard, so she did not answer right off the bat when Lin were talking.

Most of their concerns seemed to be with Discord, who after all, did not have the greatest of reputation in Equestria as a whole, but seeing as the only thing he did were to make animals passing by dance, and otherwise seem as harmless as one can be when you're an actual demigod, so Amethyst were able to get them to leave her property.

The mare let out a sigh and looked over at Discord before turning towards Lin.

"Thank you for not making this worse."

It wasn't much of a compliment, but with the being in question and the rotten day she had, it was pretty high praise in her mind.

"Spelt is in the Charboil Mine these days. It's exactly 2,3 miles northwest of Baltimare, but if you just show up like this he's not going to believe you. Stay here for a moment, and I'll find something that can prove that you're not pulling his leg."

Amethyst went inside and straight to the back, where she'd start to rummage through some crates for a few things. In the meantime, the formerly trapped miners went inside and kept distance from the gems still there, though Shrimp seemed set on burning them all away. He were getting around halfway now it seemed.

She returned a few minutes later and gave three vials to Lin.

"Pour them slowly, and start with the head id somepony is trapped. The faster they can breathe the better."

Afterwards, she'd put a small, elegant box wrapped in delicate paper, and put it in Lin's hand.

"There is a refined Changeling Emerald in here. It's not dangerous anymore, and I stopped selling them years ago. He'll know where it from when it's still in the package."

"I'm coming too."

The voice of Clayton made Amethyst turn around in surprise.

"You are doing no such thing. She might be there, ready to attack. It's not safe for you."

"I-I know, but I have workers at my place, and I can't just leave them there if they're hurt. I promise, I'll come right back here instead of going to Spelt if she's not there, o-okay?"

Clayton could see how worried she were, but he were worried too. Specifically about Belladonna, whom he were sure were waiting at his office, and if she heard Filigree were looking for him... She would not take it kindly, and neither would Filigree he'd imagine.

"...Fine, but you better be back soon. I will take care of our friends, and cleaning up the rest of this mess."

"I'll return. And Mrs. Lin? M-My home is a rather large building a little to the west of central Canterlot, with my business next to it. If she is looking for me, it will be one of those places."

So with that sorted, Omen having picked up Shrimp after her presentation to Sen, and Rosa being prepared to leave, it was about time that they got moving. Lin should probably go and pick up Discord outside, and Sen should tell Omen to get moving.

================================================================================================================

@Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich @Dji

"I was there, you didn't hurt anypony. Ziggy getting hurt, it was... I-It was my fault. She had gotten hit before you came into the castle, then again when she came out, and the screaming... It was an accident, but she got hit into a wall."

Cherish were not sure how well this would set, but she couldn't just let the siren take the blame for her actions. It wasn't right for a being who likely had enough against her as it was.

==============================================================================================================

@Battenberg

"Just because I don't fawn over him, does not mean that my mate is not loved. We don't need to act like ponies to show that we care."

Jade's eyes narrowed, but she did not growl or attempt to bite Victoria currently. Her mind were occupied by her insomnia-riddled mate, who were currently drifting between attempting sleep and being relatively awake.

It seemed to rouse him a little when the cakes came to the table, and Jade would not lie and say that the chili cake did not catch her attention, but she wasn't praising anypony just yet. She's wait until they could taste before she did that.

Benny pulled out a knife from his back afterwards, and glanced over towards Victoria with a small grin.

"No worries, I cleaned it before we went on our trip."

He started to cut out some pieces, starting with the blueberry and ending with the spice, where Jet took a large piece right off the bat and started to slowly chew through it.

"Blueberry please. What will you have Victoria?"

Getting a piece, Pop for sure seemed to like what she were tasting, so there was an instant hoof up for the baker sisters. Jade slowly took a few trying pieces of the chili cake like her husband and didn't seem to react on it yet, but she didn't put it down again, so that would be a place to start. Better give them a bit of time.

============================================================================================================

@cwhip9

"I'll need to see the rest, but I'm almost certain this is a sacrifice for a pagan entity. Perhaps a failed one too? Heh, I wonder if they added the wrong amount...

I will go check the other houses for clues, whilst you go and talk with the colt. Ask them if this strange town had any sort of being they worshiped, even if he only thought it a myth. Something tells me that you'll get to find out what the rune I can't translate means there."

Zinthar slithered out and went on to the next house,leaving behind what was a little cryptic talk about this that the bat pony might need to think about. A certain familiarity with this kind of magic that seemed strange, even for the former pet of Star Swirl the Bearded.

=========================================================================================================

@woodchunks66

"I will follow wherever you think will be best, Applejack."

Lyriel dried the tears from her eyes, and looked up at the crown of the tree with a big smile on her lips. It pleased her to help what was failing like this, and seeing how Applejack seemed both surprised and happy about this just made it better. The day were turning quite pleasant after all, though they still had the town to go to before she could say this for certain. her last visit there had been... Mixed, so she hoped that perhaps this time things would be better.

So she would follow, and pray to the earth mother that things would be better than it had been thus far.

=========================================================================================================

@Lloyd

"With two bodies to carry here, I can't fly. We'll have to look for a hole in the wall. Let's start looking this way."

Blackbeak hoisted the pony and griffon up on her back again, and cringed already. She hated carrying around heavy loads like this. What was she, a mule? She'd wait for Brick to come back and get hold of one of them, but with the noises going on outside, she didn't think he'd get in that quickly, and it wasn't safe to stay put currently. They had to get moving,and then he could catch up with them if he got done with what he were working with out there faster than she expected.

====================================================================================================================

@Lloyd

"Why of course darling. I can scarcely wait to get back to work."

The teasing tone were met with an equally teasing tone and look. Perhaps in a different time, these two mares could have ended up being friends, considering how similar they were, but in this time, they would have to get past their previous meeting for that to happen. Scarcity could move on easily enough, but Sapphire might be another deal entirely. The thing that Scarcity had taken from her had been immensely important to the witch, and forgiving such an act might be too much.

Of course, more was wrong like how Scarcity liked to gather information and not everypony liked that somewhere, a folder full of their information was hidden, and so on and so forth, but that was hardly a priority now either. They had a traitorous former general to handle now, and little point in wasting time.

==================================================================================================================

@Lloyd

Enzo followed gladly, eager to swat down Warlock, and curious as to what had just happened before. It seemed as if a mirror around the unknown pony's neck had suddenly started to bubble over and have hands reach towards Wing, whose wings had then started to fail until he got out of reach, and the arms returned. Quite the curious little thing, but not something he had the time to focus on right now. it was hunting season, and for whom they were hunting, he'd follow the small pony general without any snark comments this time.

Behind them, Brick grunted and started to fly back to the castle, when a few of the guard's voices reached him.

"S-Sergeant!"

He halted and turned, facing the three guards that had not followed Wing yet. Specifically the flustered one that looked at him with big eyes.

"P-Please, we need help with this one. He have hurt a lot of us already like it was nothing, and he just keeps going."

Brick remembered this one. One of his own subordinates before he left the guards, following Scarcity's rescue of him. Not the best guard he had ever met, but loyal to the crown. There was something to be said for that.

"I know you're not with us anymore, but please... Do it for the squad."

The three of them would get on their way to follow the group, whilst Brick flew in the air, thinking about what had been said.

The last time he had been asked to not leave them behind, he had made an unauthorized attack on a prison facility to release his troops, which had been where he had been caught himself. It had been a defining moment for him, and shown him that the guards wouldn't always be there to help you when it was desperately needed, either because of rules, politics, or time wasted trying to negotiate. Scarcity had been there for him in that time, and saved both him and a lot of others, so he had offered her the same loyalty that he once had to the guards. The one they had betrayed when they didn't send anypony out to get him out...

Their decorations and talks about promotion for saving his squad had meant little to him as he got back, when the same that he had helped had been forbidden for trying to get him out as well. He had felt good from leaving when he had learned that they had even blamed him for making it harder to get all the prisoners out without having to fight. It was typical of Dew to want to avoid battling if it could be done, but it had been too slow of an approach then, and it made it easier to accept an offer outside of the guards, with somepony who appreciated and trusted him.

Now he were asked back to help the guards, and his mind told him to just let hem handle this on their own, and yet he turned to the forest and started to fly after them instead. No matter how little his former title meant, his troops had been hurt, and there was still a small part of him that felt like he owed to help them. They hadn't wanted to abandon him like they had been made to do, so he'd honor their bond a last time, as long as it did not go against the orders from Scarcity. Warlock had to be contained, not killed unless it could not be avoided, and if he could keep him away from the castle it would be for the best too. It would keep the others safer that way.

Strange to have the option to both help his former subordinates, and following the orders of his boss. A rare occurrence that he shouldn't get too used to. Neither should they, or they might start to think that he'd let himself get caught for them again, which unfortunately wasn't going to happen. Scarcity's secrets could not be risked by his capture.

@Blitz Boom & @Widdershins

DAWN STREAK

"Can you go back down? Please!?" Dawn asked in a terrified squeak of a voice, having been nowhere near as high as she was at the moment. Sure, she had dreams of flying high in the skies and being an actual Pegasus but those dreams usually ended with her falling and screaming herself awake. Her plan was to build herself up by scaling buildings in Ponyville and other cities but with her 'attack' on Kaltrops, that was flown out the window the moment he stood up.

@Blitz Boom & @Seamore Sandwich & @Moonlit

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

"Cherish caused the Pegasus to be hurt?" Twilight asked in surprise, her thoughts on the Siren completely derailing at this information and focusing on the ghost only. "Other than the crystal shaking, I haven't seen you do anything that a recorded poltergeist would do."

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE

Karmic's eyes slowly lost their cloudy look to be replaced by electric blue eyes, the only spot of colour in her monochromatic look. She narrowed them and then glanced at the guard. "What'll happen to that guard? You obviously know something," she asked him, sidestepping the question of him acting as a stepping stone for other ponies.

@Blitz Boom @Storm Shine

Aside from the odd sight of Discord and the strange behavior of the animals around him, there was little left that could faze the siblings. Maybe it's just them getting used to more than their average does of chaos during their time spent with him. Having seen the exchanges between everyone else present pretty much gave him his signal to start moving but there was still something bothersome about Rosa. The appearance, maybe? The overall look seemed out of place for someone to wear in the city but then, he is also looking pretty odd for some form of draconic hybrid. He walked up to Rosa and gestured to move to a side of the room where they could speak in private, preferably in hushed whispers. 

"I know we need to get going but did I hear you correctly? There are foals in the mines? You're not saying we're using them as bait. Because if that's what we're doing, there's no way we should be putting them in danger whether they know it or not. I needed to speak to Omen about her gate-opening abilities but only now were your words processed. I don't want to pick a fight with you but... isn't there another way? Shouldn't we try something else?"

He paused for a moment to catch his breath before continuing. 

"I'm sorry. It's just... I've seen this before and it's not worth risking them. Who knows who would be devastated if we make one wrong move. Let's... let's just go, okay?"

Sen was *this* close to losing his nerve but Lin's previous talk with him seemed to have worked. At least, a second time working sounds like another success to add to the first one from Las Pegasus. Lin saw the exchange from the other side of the room and she just wanted to run up to him to break up what would look like a brawl. She didn't have to, but she would've if not for Amethyst providing her with an inert crystal and three vials for her to work with. Thankfully, she turned back to see Sen walking away without any further altercation. With her packing up the items in her own satchel, she walked to Discord to let him know it was time to go. 

"Stay safe, everyone. Don't get reckless."

As for Sen, he walked back to Omen unsure how to feel about what he just did. He turned back to let Rosa know he was prepared to leave.

"We should get moving." 

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Blitz Boom Lucid was too busy to check if his nose was bleeding from the door to notice the bull at first. He came to the conclusion that it wasn't when he turned around noticing the bull, which was too close and coming too fast for Lucid to be able react.

"I don't think my nose is bl- oh no."

@Blitz Boom 

@Moonlit 

@Dji 

We’re afraid We may not have taken your magic into account.  The fault is Ours,” Luna said, putting a hoof on her chest to indicate she was referring to herself.  Celestia then said to her, “You’re using the royal ‘We’ again,” and to the others she assured them, “The Traveller is not a threat, or at least he hasn’t proven himself to be.  His methods may be a bit... unusual, but his actions are always for the greater good.”  Luna was slightly nervous about altering the past, but the only sign of it was that she let herself slip and used the royal “We” again.  Celestia, knowing her sister all too well, kept her composure, despite being woken from a sound sleep.  She had to be strong for her sister.  Princess Luna thought for a moment about the necklace.  “Even with a powerful flow of magic, I’m surprised that the necklace only lasted two days.”

Edited by Seamore Sandwich

@Blitz Boom

Astral followed her closely, looking at the ones on Black Beak's back, curious if she could carry a pony like that. And at the same time, wondering why Chow hadn't woken up yet. "Do you think Chow is okay? He has been unconscious for a while."

=================================

Around them formed a sphere of sapphire blue fire, that transported the two mares straight into the canterlot archives. Sapphire looking around after their arrival. "Considering this is a traitorous general we're research for, they might have covered up his betrayal or his existence. So we should keep that in mind." She said, a considerable amount of books pulling out of the shelves and stacking themselves,seemingly on their own. "Here is all there is about the generals, there might be some small mention of him in the magic books, but those are in the, other, archive." She said, mostly referencing the forbidden archives with those words.

Warlock continued soaring through the forest as Iron Wing followed him. Looking above as he saw a fleet of changelings approach the two sisters castle. "No!" He yelled out, this brief distraction causing him to clip a tree branch as he started tumbling through the forest, and then out of it as he ended up falling into a river, floating up. "Gah." He looked ahead, grinning as he looked upon Ponyville. "I will earn an element, sooner or later." He said, floating over to it and lifting up his hoof.

"No!" Wing tackled him to the ground, sliding him across it. "You won't wi-"

Warlock batted him away and stood back up. "This town is mine! the magic within it is mine! I will win with it!"

"That is incredibly cheesy." He said in a rather teasing tone.

He growled as he took a hoof, and lifted it upwards in the direction of Ponyville, already considerably close to it. As all the ponies there could feel their magic begin to leave them, to this one pony, his body already starting to leak magic out through him. "Soon you will regret saying that, Iron Wind. Soon everypony will regret seeing me as an equal."

Nectar stood up, looking sternly into the forest, as a changeling similar in color to her landed behind her, her general that she called long ago. "Queen, I've arrived."

"Oh, wonderful, now we have a advantage." She said, looking to him.

"Not quite, my troops spotted Warlock extracting magic from Ponyville, I can sense it as well." His wings started buzzing as he hovered.

She narrowed her eyes as she began hovering as well. "Then let's begin the assault on him, hopefully we can prevent him from gaining the upper hoof." She flew up in the air, the changeling general following her. "And ensure he doesn't get the chance to steal our love magic Leo, we can't risk it." He gave a short nod to her as he acknowledged this, the two of them soon getting followed by Nectar's hive as they flew over the forest.

================================

(A few minutes earlier)

Francis looked ahead at Canterlot, as he saw Leo pass by, he gasped softly and jumped in glee. "Oh! the general just flew past, maybe we can help with the fight this time!" He said cheerfully, rushing ahead and about to fly off, looking back to ensure the other was going to follow.

@Blitz Boom

Victoria's eyes were larger than ever, shimmering in the light as she stared at the cakes. If there was one way to the stubborn mare's hear it was with cake.

"I don't want to toot my own horn but this is the most delicious looking selection of sweetness I've seen for a while. I'd have all of it if I could! Going to be civil though and go for a slice of the blueberry cake, same as you Pop."

Victoria couldn't choose between them easily and was half tempted to go for the chilli cake considering how far she'd had to walk to get the powder that created it, but she decided to base her decision upon Pop's hoping to form more of a bond with the pony.

She watched Jade while Benny cut the cake, awaiting her response with anticipation.

Satin's eyes lit up. "Oh, i don't know if any good plays would be going on here in Ponyville, and I got an offer to go to a spa, but," Satin touches Vivid's cloak, "with your cold situation, we both wouldn't be able to enjoy that...." She sat there pondering for a few moments, muttering. "A nice library trip is always enjoyable, but not much for bonding. Nothing too fancy or new, I want both of us to enjoy it. Umm... Why don't we just walk around for a bit and find something you like? I also hear there's an amazing confectioner here. We could stop there if you want."

She finally dropped her guise and smiled, hoping Vivid would enjoy the idea."I would like to run back to the inn and dress up a bit if you don't mind. It feels odd not wearing anything."

(edited)

@Dji @Seamore Sandwich @Moonlit

"I'm not a poltergeist. Those poor creatures are in constant pain and lash out, I was just... There was so much screaming and confusion. I just needed a moment to think, but it just kept on and I... Had an episode."

Cherish were not proud of this, but it didn't make her into a poltergeist. If she had been, she wouldn't have stopped until there was nothing left to lash out at. She just had her small episodes fueled by negative emotions now and again perfectly fine. Nothing that made her inherently unstable and needing to be put down.

"Emotions fuel a lot of things when you're a spirit. Sometimes it can boil over if things goes wrong."

Meanwhile, Last wanted to ask more about who this Traveler were, how he moved things in time, and why such a creature was not to be considered a threat, but the princesses were occupied now, so her questions would have to wait.

Twilight were talking with Cherish, Luna with the Siren, and Celestia... Hmm, perhaps she could inquire some things from her actually.

"If you say he is not a threat, then so be it your highness. Though perhaps I could ask for a few more details on this Traveler, in case I encounter him at some point?"

==============================

@Dji

"You don't see it? It seems our sights are not the same."

He would not deny that Karmic knew things, but it seemed that perhaps her sight were not as encompassing or controlled as he had thought, and the surprise had managed to find it's way into his words too.

Still, there were other ways than glancing at others. Visions were an example, though what he knew of them, he hopes for her sake that it wasn't so. The unpredictable flashes seemed like a grave burden.

"The guard will be fine, but the odds are in favor of him standing to take a loose brick to his helmet soon. Nothing dangerous, but it will knock him out, and mark the point where I will leave this cell.

Before such a time however, more time will pass that needs to be filled. Perhaps tell me who you are, mare who can see the unwritten? I am Zhu."

Technically it was his last name, but the only living beings who knew his first name were the Traveler, and Celestia. The former were told not too long ago, and Celestia had given him the name Dolly, so she would know better than any.

He had taken the moniker Zhu instead after leaving Canterlot, to have some anonymity while he did his work in the shadows. He didn't wish to let his adoptive mother know that he were still around, as painful as it were to deceive her like that. It was just easier and felt more merciful to do than tell her of what he had to do, and why.

==================================

@EQ_Theta @Storm Shine

As Sen turned, he'd look directly into Rosa's eyes, who had stepped closer after the response that the longma gad given, to make sure that he could not be missed when he gave his two bits on the misinformed statement the longma had given.

"I repeat: 

On 2/2/2018 at 1:56 PM, Blitz Boom said:

I am going with whatever group takes the refraction to the mine. Perhaps seeing one of the foals she abandoned will cause Filigree to stagger enough for the refraction to attack her.

If you hear that as there being foals trapped in a mine, your kinds ears are worse than an elderly pony's.

Filigree is my mother, and she abandoned me once my father became useless to her goals. The same goes for a brother of mine years prior, whom I have yet to find. Those are the foals I speak of.

She uses everypony to get to what she wants, but don't insult me and say I would be okay with doing the same to foals. I am not her, and after what I learned about her during my hunt, you should thank your princess for that. Equestria does not need Filigree, or anypony like her."

Rosa had gotten a slightly angry tone at the end, betraying his otherwise neutral outlook. It was simply that being compared to the same thing which Filigree would have done, had hit a nerve he tried to dull. Emotions running high would compromise his ability to think rationally over things, so he tried to avoid it when possible.

"Should we go now?"

Omen wasn't sure what was going on, beyond Rosa apparently being Filigree's foal, so she focused on what she had been told before that.

"I made myself clear, we should get moving."

Omen nodded and opened a gate for the three of them to wander through. She would go first, then Rosa would follow, leaving it open to be used by Sen when he was ready.

When he would eventually get in there, Omen would be told some details about the area near the mine by Rosa, as he were attempting to give her some pointers as to where they were going, whilst also cautiously looking around himself. The realm didn't make him comfortable, convenient as it may be.

@Lucid_Nightlight

Having done nothing to stop it, Lucid would be tossed directly into the same tree crown were Anomaly were.

"Oh hey, did the author smack you around too? Weird guy, right?"

To be more exact, Anomaly's head were here. The rest of her had climbed down and left tge pumpkin behind since it had been a bit stuck, and when down there, confronted the bull.

A snap of the tail, and the charging creature shrunk down to the size of a rabbit, making it functionally harmless to them. Still annoying though.

==================================

@Lloyd

"His breathing seems stable, just like the other one. I'm thinking that the two of them are just exhausted. Seems like getting possessed takes a lot out of you.

Could be there's some sort of magic holding them down too,  but that's not my area. You want to check on them to make sure? Scarcity told me that you'd have more experience with magic mumbo jumbo than a regular earth pony."

They had gotten some way before Blackbeak said this, and she enjoyed having some momentum, but if Astral wanted to check the two up, she wouldn't mind getting them off her back for a bit. They were getting heavy.

She rolled them down on the ground, ready to be checked on in advance, and if Astral didn't see something, she might make a small check herself. It'd give her an excuse to ease her back a little, and it wasn't like checking for vital were hard.

=========================================

@Lloyd

Scarcity looked at the books stacked up so far, chuckling slightly under her breath.

"Dearie, this is hardly a way to gather information. You stay here and search through this, and I will start making some contacts to find what is not written anywhere in here."

She began to wander away, then stopped and turned her head, gazing at Sapphire with a teasing look in her eyes.

"I will have somepony here to escort you to the forbidden archieves soon. Happy reading darling."

Scarcity relished in holding information, but she found reading through stacks of books like this to be tedious. She had workers for that kind of thing, and Sapphire would gain more from her absence than attendance if she made them work for their pay.

It would not be more than ten minutes later roughly, when an elder unicorn stallion with a bushy, grey mustache blooming beneath his large glasses, would get into view of Sapphire.

His coat were faded yellow, eyes pale-green, and though the worn vest and boots covered him well, you could clearly see the parchment with an ink stain that made his cutie mark. His mane and tail were both short and white, befitting of the dusty librarian look he had over him.

"I'm sorry for the wait madam, but things have been hectic today. Almost missed that a scholar from Saddle Arabia had been written in to come and help us. Quite a pickle we're in. Quite a pickle.

I understand that you have been given access to the forbidden section to find specifics about the dreadful pony from earlier? Quite the rare occurrence, but I'm sure the ambassador picked one from his homeland for a reason."

Scarcity had used her influence to both have Sapphire registered as an expected visitor from Saddle Arabia, and have her given access to the area she needed, all while making things appear legal, and even a sight for sore eyes. Here was hoping that Sapphire could play along a little.

=======================================

@Lloyd

It was an interesting plan, but there was two minor issues with it: One being that Ponyville was some way from him, and that would slow his absorption  going by former attempts, and the second being that something quickly approached that were far more hungry than he were.

Still, that would only cut between the flow and interrupt it, and he'd still be able to get a mixture of some of the inhabitants magic. For a minute or two more, the others would still need to keep Warlock contained.

"You think I fear your puny little magic tricks, pony? Sphinx-kind cannot be brought down by the tricks of a party clown!"

He might not be able to hit Warlock himself with his cloth, but with all the trees around, he were well able to pull a few of them down around him and towards his head, whilst jumping forward, ready to slash at the little magician. One way or another, this was going to end, and if it were up to him, it would not end with Warlock walking away from here unscathed.

Meanwhile, Brick were having an... Unusual issue. With the magic being drained towards them, the Path had settled on feasting on the incoming stream, and then try and follow it back towards Ponyville. With little other choice, Brick would have to disrupt this stream constantly to stop it whilst being on his way, both costing them time and allowing some energy to reach Warlock. Thankfully for Ponyville, he probably wouldn't be able to drain them all from here right now regardless. He'd likely need the Element of Greed for a fast flow that could drain from that far, though of course, nothing was certain. perhaps his hatred for those who were gaining on him now, and the betrayal of Enzo, would fuel something within him that might power things up. It should still not devour Ponyville, but this half of town were not going to be pleasant to live in, and even some uneven flow in magic from the rest of town, considering the rebuilding, could be catastrophic. Warlock might be a bigger menace just from attempting this rather than actually attacking the beings in his sight right now.

=========================================================================================

@Lloyd

Dandy did not spread his wings, or see on the general with glee. Like all other times, he simply glanced towards the general with a feeling of uselessness from seeing a changeling he had not been able to serve well either. Sure, he might be able to infiltrate and spy on others, but what was that when you couldn't be part of a fight? When the ponies would soon become friends, and spying on them would be taboo?

He felt the dread of self-loathing loom ever closer, and spread his wings slowly.

"I'm... Not coming. T-The queen wanted me ready to take the guards in from the station. You should go meet them alone. The general... He'll need fighters."

With that, he'd rise into the air, and start to flutter away towards the station, head hung and pondering on about his impending irrelevance. If Francis wanted to interfere with that, he'd have to move soon, though if he aimed to go with the general, he should just go there instead. It was a long way to the Everfree Forest, and if he wanted to help against Warlock, he couldn't stay behind for long.

==============================================================================================

@Battenberg

Benny reached over a piece of blueberry before he napped some chili cake himself, dying to know what this tasted like.

There were some silence after that, where the most sound came from the chewing of cake. From the slow pace of Jet, to the more methodical Jade, sensibly chewing Pop, munching Benny, and Toxen, who had taken a slice of the spice cake nopony had touched yet and flung pieces of it into the air to catch it with her mouth.

"... Tastes good."

Jet was the first to reply to things, around halfway into his slice. It seemed to help the rings around his eyes a little, but nothing short of actual sleep would be able to truly get him up. Well except for perhaps ice down his spine, but that was a little mean.

"Yeah, tasty stuff. Bakerchick here got a good pallet."

"It is... Better than I had expected from pony food."

The fact that she reached for another piece after giving her review of Victoria's baking seemed to indicate that Jade liked it a whole bunch, but reluctance with ponies took time. Not with Toxen, who actively held her hand out to meet Victoria in a knuckles-again-hoof brohoof, yet that were another blend entirely.

"It's delicious Victoria. You can be proud of yourself."

"Awh man, this is Awesome! I wanna try 'em all."

Benny gulped down and cut some blueberry cake next, whilst Pop teased him slightly by insinuating that he might not be able to fit in his uniform if he got too greedy. Something that almost made Benny choke on a piece of cake from laughing, though thankfully Jade quickly reached over and hit him with a hard palm in the chest, causing him to dislodge it.

"You're a grown dragon Benny, chew your food like one."

The blush on Benny's cheeks after that made a vague *hah* come from his father, before he returned to slowly chewing through his piece of chili cake.

=======================================================================================================

@Lil' Lovebug

Vivid's cloak would feel cool to the touch for Satin, though it were scorching for the demon mare. A small, if unsatisfactory bonus from being clad in the Veil, rather than something forged in hellfire. That sort would have burned her hoof, and likely all vegetation that Vivid would get within 10 centimeters of.

"I miss the feeling of water on my fur, but until I have found a spell that can help me regulate my own body heat, such a thing as a spa will not be possible for me."

She hoped that soon enough, Twilight would be informed about her plight by Shining Armor, and perhaps then things could proceed. Yet that didn't help them right now, and she had to work with her limitations in mind, as well as the limitation of the small town they were within reach of.

"You don't need to be limited to Ponyville you know. I can take you with me as I wander in the realm clinging to our own, and a trip to Canterlot could seem less than a minute in Equestrian time. You'd have to stay close though, but it does open up possibilities that this little town does not possess. My arrangement with the Everfree spirit can wait for a day if needed.

Ponder it whilst we retrieve your clothes at least. Fillydelphia, Neighpon, Saddle Arabia, nothing is truly out of reach, as long as we are willing to put a little effort into it, and I'm willing to try new things. The world have changed greatly since I was last around, so you would know better than me what happens, and what can be considered fun."

Their trips would be safe too, as long as the Bishop were not wandering the path... In such a case, the would have to immediately leave the realm she traversed, even if they'd end up in the middle of an ocean. It was safer than being near the crazed demoness.

Edited by Blitz Boom

The tiny bull ran into Lucid's good, obviously not doing much. No one messes with a reality warper, especially one that not only can break the fourth wall, but can completely annihilte it.

"Alright, so before we continue into the cottage, allow me to return something to someone."

Lucid opened a portal and threw the tiny bull into the author's room. He then closed the portal.

"Alright, let's head into the cottage now."

@Blitz Boom @Storm Shine

"But I... I didn't mean to..."

Sen's hearing was fine; it was his more of his inability to comprehend that left him stunned at what he just heard that left a bigger impact. Filigree having children was unexpected and Rosa being one of them even more so. It definitely touched a nerve on the latter and seemingly convinced Sen that he's learned next to nothing from his travels, hearkening back to the abrasive attitude everyone showed him. It was a pathetic display but he found himself shrinking away from vision and walking farther and farther behind everyone else once he entered the gate and through the mines further. Such a creature who learned to protect, fashioned to be tough, now the very opposite of those things.

He'd still want to continue and at least stop Filigree but he was considering on ending things there and going home. He wanted to be away to think things over despite hearing how Rosa's brother was missing. He wanted to help but at the same time, that's a third time he nearly messed things up and assumed things he hadn't completely thought over. If that's a trend to continue, perhaps Lin and Omen could do that without him. Maybe time away from Lin and Omen would do him some good, travel alone so he wouldn't have to be in this situation again. If what Fiddler said was true, that heroes would be treated well in Las Pegasus, then maybe he'd ask either of them to help him disappear before the ceremonies. He wouldn't like the attention on him anyway. 

"I'm sorry." He quietly muttered, just away from everyone but maybe enough to hear something. "I'm so sorry."

Sen would keep those thoughts in mind while wandering through the mines. He kept a dejected look on him that drained away any enthusiasm he had earlier and knows all of it was on him. Everyone reassuring him that it wasn't his fault; now it was, he was owning up to his actions and convinced of that as absolute truth. Maybe it would've been better of Legion's magic was still on Omen now. He's be fine with someone else doing the thinking for him, all things considered.

He would stay within earshot of the others once in the mines but far enough not to cause anymore inconvenience for anyone else. He was ready to hear what Rosa would have to say even if it isn't directed at him. He wouldn't blame him if he doesn't want to look him in the eye after nearly causing an outburst. 

As for Lin, she wanted to rush in an confront Rosa but at the same time, knew they were running out of time. She was angry at his outburst but had to concede to the fact that even she was confounded by the revelation. It must've been how he worded his statement but she was also aware of just how fragile Sen is coming out from one traumatizing experience only to come in and be burdened with another. She would have to put that prospect on hold for now; a gate opened closer to Clayton's destination first. Spelt can wait for a little while longer. 

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Blitz Boom

Warlock looked at the sphynx, lifting up a hoof as if to defend against the trees flung to him, a sphere of magic forming around him, acting as a shield, and upon impact the ground would crack beneath him, a small crater formed, one the diameter of the sphere of magic. "Stop this now Warlock, and you can leave unharmed!" Iron Wing declared.

He looked at Wing as he stood back up, then he started levitating upwards as Iron extended his wings, rushing over to grab onto Warlock, right as he flew closer to Ponyville, faster than before. Grabbing Iron Wing and throwing him away, but the feathers ended up cutting his leg as they grazed him, gripping it tight he winced in pain as Wing would tumble down a road. "Too late for me to stop then." The cut flesh pulled itself together, burning as it healed.

The General stood up as his wings reassembled. "I'll make you."

Warlock formed two constructs, a sword, and a shield, flying at iron wing with the sword forward, and the shield up against a wing as it came in from the right. The left wing cutting off a good chunk of Warlock's mane as it barely missed his ear. With Warlock's sword barely getting to the general's chest as the feathers formed a shield, slicing into the construct and cutting it in two, the half heading to Iron quickly disintegrated, the rest of the sword impacting the shield and sending it upwards, along with the hoof that was holding it, Warlock turning into the impact as his body caused the feathers to break formation, tumbling into Iron wing, and then down the dirt road with him. "Gah!" Warlock opened his eyes. "What the heck?"

A spear was held to Warlock's neck, being held by Nectar. "Surrender now." Above her formed an army of changelings, hovering around Warlock.

He narrowed his eyes at them, grinning. "What makes you believe I will surrender?" He teleported away, Nectar jamming the spear into the ground as Warlock teleported in front of her. "When you deliver such a fine source of magic?"

Nectar pulled her spear up and threw it at Warlock, the spear freezing in the air as Warlock lifted a hoof up to it, barely touching it. "I didn't deliver it to you, And I don't plan to."

"Don't exactly need the consent." The spear fell to the ground as the magic of Nectar poured out of her into Warlock, along with the magic of all the ponies around him. But strangely enough, only the love magic remained in the changelings.

=============================================

(Still a few minutes ago)

Francis looked to Dandy. "Right, forgot you were told to do that, well you do your thing, I am sure the queen will appreciate it!" He extended his wings out and soared down to the Everfree Forest.

(Few minutes later)

He barely missed the armies arrival to the new battle in Ponyville when he had to grab his spear, and with that spear in his hooves grasp, he was diving in behind Warlock, who was clearly focused on those in front of him, and if anypony noticed him, hopefully they'd let him take the change to end this.

=============================================

Sapphire already started reading, and almost didn't notice the pony talking until she looked to them. "Ah yes, about time somepony let me in there, would've spent ages reading these books if nopony came." She said with a slight chuckle as she walked over to the pony, putting her book back on the shelf, with her hooves, as to not show the magic she was using.

@Lucid_Nightlight

Anomaly seemingly looked into nowhere and then started laughing so hard that her head fell down the tree.

"Oh man, you should see this. He's all over the place whilst this little ankle biter keeps trying to knock him down. Oh, oh! He's defending himself with an empty soda can! Ahahaha!"

If there was one thing Anomaly liked to see, it was something happening that messed with the author. Ever since he had suddenly popped into her life a few days ago, it had been all nagging and controlly, but these moments where he was at their whims? Priceless.

Her head kept on rolling, straight into the house, whilst her body stayed behind and wriggled around on the ground from laughing spasms.

Inside the cottage, there would be nopony. No Fluttershy, no Discord, and no Angel for that matter. It appeared as if she had left for a trip or something similar, and forgot to lock the door.

===================================================================================

@Storm Shine @EQ_Theta

Being a bat pony, Rosa heard Sen just fine, and turned around to face him. The longma seemed down after their little altercation before, which were something that he had not wanted to happen. He had just wanted to correct him so that none of them would think of him as some kind of monster, not be seen as somepony that caused these kinds of emotions without reason.

"I accept your apology, and offer my own. I got too emotional in my response.

But what's done is done. We make mistakes, we correct them, and we move on to what is important, yes? Nopony is perfect."

He certainly wasn't. The things he had done, even without knowing the consequences, were not something that sat easily on him some days, and he had to keep telling himself the same thing that he now told Sen. Even if it seemed a bit hypocritical, considering that digging into the past is what brought him here in the first place. Wherever this place were.

Behind him, Omen took some random gates and popped open, looking to see if she could find the place they were looking for. So far, it seemed like she'd need a bit of time, so the two others would have some time to sort their awkward situation. Or to wholeheartedly ignore it, make it worse, or a few other options too, though none of them seemed to be destined to end well.

"Do you know what this place is? It seems unnatural."

============================================================================================

@Lloyd

Enzo did not like to see an entire changeling army, but they seemed to be on their side currently. Or at least they were more opposed to Warlock than the rest of them. However, they weren't going to be much help if they went on getting seeped up like this, so he might have to do something distasteful: Save their queen.

He'd use his cloth magic to attempt to pull her away whilst the tree he still carried started to pummel down towards Warlock once again. It was likely not gonna survive the next hit, as it already had quite a dent, but that'd be fine. Next up came fangs and slamming the witch with the dragon-bone wristbands, so he had a plan to go with, though he really hated being in this fight. He might be physically stronger than these, but this were a harsh magic battle, and the only magic he had got negated by Warlock more often than not.

And speaking of negating, a few Solar Guards had gotten closer whilst the army fought, trickling in a little by little and charge directly for Warlock. They themselves would not be an issue for the magic user, but the pony that would soon follow were going to be when he showed up.

For the time being however, Warlock sat with a lot of good cards here. The changelings fed him magic, and most of his opposition here were down to physical attacks that wouldn't do much unless his defenses got pierced. Perhaps they could use Enzo as a distraction?

=====================================================================================

@Lloyd

"Yes, follow me please."

The pony would lead the way towards the section that was off limit, and covered in both runes and bars alike, to keep unwanted *visitors* out of there. Unless you had a key of course, which the elderly pony drew from a chain around his neck and used to unlock the place. The wards didn't go away because of it, but they'd remain inactive as the bars rose and the stallion pushed the heavy door slowly to the side.

"There are certain rules that I don't know if you have been informed about, so I will go over them just to make sure."

He lead the way in, as light flickered to life on the walls in the slightly dusty hallway.

"The books are not allowed to leave this area, no beverage or food are to be consumed, and most importantly-"

The door closed behind them while he opened a new one up, leading inside a round room with shelves lining the walls. Every book there were carefully kept in small glass boxes in said shelves to preserve and protect them, each needing a key that the elderly archivist likely had with him.

"- Be gentle with them. Some of these books are ancient in nature,a nd cannot handle a careless hoof well. Though I'm sure that as a scholar chosen for this, you would know better than to ruin the books.

Now then, do you know what book you are searching for, or is it more of a category of them that you need to examine?"

Everything from fabled beasts to military papers were sectioned by signs, so it should be fairly easy to find what she were looking for. Sapphire just had to be careful not to raise alarms from the stallion that were clearly going to stay there during her research, and she could learn a bundle. Perhaps even about things not connected to Warlock himself.

@Blitz Boom @Storm Shine

Rosa's apology managed to soften the already tense situation between the two of them present, though Sen still believes he had been partly at fault and all that he has thought of prior to hearing Rosa extending an apology towards him remained. Had he fully realized this, he would've just asked Omen to leave him behind, but that wasn't the case. He was determined to stop Filigree through and through but will later insist on being alone for a long time. Growing up believing something he did was wrong instilled a belief that he was to blame no matter how small or insignificant it is; it's a hard thing to break. As for Rosa, he didn't wish to make things worse and let his self-loathing become a self-fulfilling prophesy. 

"No one is... It just makes me wish I could believe in that sentiment as much as you do. It's my fault too. I should've been thinking clearly before I opened my mouth but thanks. For not letting this devolve to violence." Sen paused for a moment to see Omen taking a bit longer with finding the right place to exit but it was partly comforting as well. He's come to see this sort of chaos as a revitalizing place to stay in, if only because it reminds him of the friendly face of Mother etched into his memory. It was a reminder that for everything that has gone wrong since he took his first breath, there were a few things that went right. 

"This place? It's... a realm between realms? I don't have the right words for it but when Omen opens gates to different places, we go through here first. It takes some getting used to even if it seems strange at first. Is what I'm saying accurate, Omen?"

From Lin's perspective, the gate she opened only led to the general area for her to search and unlike Omen's current predicament, she remembers the square right in the middle of Canterlot, a bustling place in the morning but come night time, a silent haven for her to romp through. That is, minus the guards who occasionally wander down the streets, which prompted her to hide. Streets lined with upper crust gourmet restaurants and boutiques showcasing only the latest fashions were everywhere, sights overwhelming yet familiar enough to let her find the right gate needed to walk through with little trouble. 

She was the first to go through but not before gesturing Clayton and Discord to walk in. Between them and the exit was once again the dark and chaotic realm but they didn't linger in it long enough. Lin was out first on the other side and looked around for a street sign to help her out before returning to the still open gate. She had a weak sense of direction with only the sun for her reference and may require Clayton to show her the rest of the way. That mostly because she wasn't sure what Clayton's, or anyone's home in a city like Canterlot, would look like.

"Alright, central Canterlot. Or about as close as I can get to remembering if this is the center of Canterlot. West it is but what is your business called? Any landmarks or features I should keep an eye out?"

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE

"A bit on the nose but my name is Karmic Fate, Zhu," Karmic introduced herself. She tilted her head, bobbing it about like she was listening to a beat only she could hear. "I may see the unwritten, but it comes and goes. Whenever I see somepony new, a barrage hits me and I spout and babble nonsense. Makes me look like an airhead," she told him, her tail flicking in annoyance. She sat down, still gazing out the bars and the guard. "Perhaps the brick hits him on the head, or back between his wings. Hard enough, and he'll be paralysed and knocked unconscious. Soft enough, he'll look in your direction and demand you be moved somewhere else. Which one will happen? Both sound fun. I prefer the one where you get moved though."