Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Least favorite thing about being an artist?

Slice0Pie

I would say that back then...I really hated to draw hands and eyes, even in vectoring was pretty tedious, and then again I hated that I rarely got feed back from my work. But that was a looooooooooooooooooooong time ago...I no longer draw anything anymore

Part 2

Ive had a few teachers who will argue on what art is and isn’t. They’ll put strict guidelines on what they consider real art and not. For example fan art. I’ve had a couple of teachers claim that fan art isn’t true art. That drawing any sort of cartoon or anime characters isn’t really art. In fact I’ve had teachers make even stricter guidelines to the point where it seems like if you don’t make the exact same type of art they do it isn’t really art. Takes a lot of fun and creativity out of doing art.

The snobbish better than you attitude certain artists have. The “Oh you’ve been doing art for x amount of years? Well I’VE been doing it almost all my life.I’m a natural.” “You’re taking *insert class*? I never needed to take that because I’m already the best at it.” “You’ve only done 2 pieces this week? Well I’VE done 8.Maybe you should stop slacking.” Luckily I haven’t ran into too many of these individuals in my classes. 

Ive know a few digital artists who’ve had their online work plagerized/stolen. It’s one of my biggest concerns with ever getting into digital art.

I also know some individuals who set up at conventions to sell their work. People tend to make comments on the lines of “I’d buy your work but you’re not very attractive” “You don’t look like an artist is this really your work?” For one thing I think it’s messed up to not buy someone’s work based on their appearance and to even make those sort of comments to someone is horrible. It also leads to another discussion of “What do these individuals expect artists to look like.” When I get to a point where I sell my work will I receive this same sort of treatment? 

• Brohoof 2

On 12/18/2018 at 5:52 PM, TBD said:

So much ideas...so little time.

I wish I can draw faster than my imaginations with no aching...