Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight-Free Best Pony competition

newfrickinshow

Who is best pony?  

45 users have voted

1. 1. ???

• Apple Jack. AJ is the element of honesty. Hard working, strong, and the most dependable of the bunch.
    • Fluttershy: Kind and timid but can make dragons cry and win a staring contest with a cockatrice if she's mad enough.
    • Pinkie Pie: Always makes you laugh and always prepared for a ball or eye patch emergency.
    • Rainbow Dash: Loyalty, athleticism, and weather control. Next season she plans on being 20 percent cooler on top of it.
    • Rarity: Generosity and style ponified. She can occasionally lose her way but ultimately comes around to the right choice.
    • Tom. Every group needs someone dependable and solid. For the mane 6, Tom truly is reliable and steadfast. He truly is a rock.

Well as far as the Rarity goes hate goes I had a touch of it very early on.  Ended around Dress For Success and Diamond Dogs for the most part and was just general annoyance.  I think Rarity Takes Manehattan is where I actually started liking her.

Seems to be a common theme, mostly around these parts. When I see that being said, I cannot help but feel it's partly because of the maelstrom of humiliation and shortage of ammunition her haters experienced during S4 - everything they said had been proven wrong. Rather glorious, really. In any case, we Rarity fans may seem a bit standoffish at times because of the way the fandom used to be, but I assure you we're friendly folk :D Maybe you can share your story of how you went from hater to fan in the Rarity Fan Club sometime? We love that sort of thing :D

Rainbow Dash is best pony. A lot of people don't like Rainbow Dash because, for some reason, they can't look past her "arrogance" enough to see how deep of a character she is. Despite being beat over the head with it, some people still don't get that Rainbow Dash has confidence issues.

Pretty sure everyone is aware of that at this point. But just because we know why she acts like that doesn't make the act itself any more tolerable to watch. Rainbow was a lot better in Season 4 (as they toned her bragging down a notch or two), but for the first 3 seasons she was often irritating.

Anyways, I didn't cast a vote because it'd be a tie between Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie, although I really don't see the point in not including Twilight in the poll

Edited by Rivendare

Apparently this...GOD...fellow that all the theists keep talking about says that Applejack is the best pony.

I don't believe this person exists, but apparently he is suppose to be all knowing, infallible and all that. If that is true, then how can I possibly argue with his judgement. Besides, I agree with him before I knew this anyway.

god-declared-applejack-is-best-pony_o_34

Um... Yes it does?

It makes her a good character. Someone doesn't have to be like able to be a good character. And that's ignoring the fact that Rainbow Dash IS like able. And she has good reason to brag and be arrogant!

I seriously don't get how people like you can discredit a great character on the grounds of them not being the kind of person you'd want to be friends with in real life. It's just plain ignorant.

For you, maybe. This is a cartoon we're talking about. If someone had the same problem in real life it'd be more tolerable to me. I'm not "discrediting" her, I'm saying that her character is sometimes not enjoyable for me. She may have "confidence issues", but when she is bragging non-stop it's still irritating regardless of the fact.

Besides, "Great character" is subjective. Some people like when characters are exceedingly egotistical, some don't. Not everyone enjoys the same thing as you.

although I really don't see the point in not including Twilight in the poll

Just curious,  Saw some larger online polls (over 100,000 votes) that had Twilight taking around half the votes so I was curious to see how a poll without her would stack up.

• Brohoof 1

I see that picking a favorite character outside of the main six is still a foreign idea.

Noetheless, I still pick the only horse character with a frequent and may I say prevalent goal in life. It makes her dynamic and realistic, ya know?

rainbow_dash_by_celebi_yoshi-d53y2a4.png

BITE ME BETCH

Actually, no. Characters are good regardless of subjective opinion. Whether or not you like them is the subjective part. For example, the Governor from The Walking Dead? Great character. Do I like him? Hell no, bastard needs to burn in hell. But he's still a great character.

On what basis is one a "great character"? That basis is, once again, subjective. One may think one thing makes one great, while another thinks the opposite. There is no "objectively" great character. For example, I think Spike is a great character, some don't. It's opinion. Until there's some nearly universally agreed upon standard on which makes something "good" in terms of media (which shouldn't and will never happen), it's subjective.

Edited by Rivendare

While Twilight is popular, omitting her is more likely to discourage her fans from participating in this thread than getting them to passionately talk about their second favorite character. This, and the fact that most people's answers won't be any different than they are normally make this thread seem redundant. If anyone wants to talk about their favorite pony, they can do it here :)