Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Done with console gaming, possibly forever.

TheMarkz0ne

It's almost 2015 and the consoles are done and it's only a matter of time before PC becomes more accessible and affordable at a mass rate. I got into PC gaming in 2012 and knew consoles would dwindle on me. I am going to state every consoles weaknesses, not going to bother listing strenghts because they're so minute and not unique. Sorry for the negative opinion, that's just how I am right now.

Wii U:  The worst of all 3. I understand Bayonetta 2 recently got high grade reviews and I loved the first game. But it doesn't warrant a purchase of the consoles. But Mark what about Smash Bros? Yeah well I have played all three of them and have been with it since the 90s. The only issue with Smash is that Smash 4 would be a solo game for me. The last time I played Smash Brawl was in art college from 2011 to 2012.. We seriously played it almost everyday and we had over 10 people in the basement setting up tournaments. But my so called friends from middle school are not my friends anymore and Smash is meant to be played on a couch with friends, not an online experience.

I traded in my system this year and wasted money, hoping Nintendo could win me over. But the console is not servicable. Granted we have free online, but then again so does Valve and Valve curb stomps Sony and Microsofts services that you pay for yearly. The game pad is a decent controller, it's Nintendo's weakest controller and I'm surrounded by people who actually think playing an N64 game pad is hard( seriously?). I also hated the E shop and those download titles were lacking compared o what PSN or XBLA offers( despite those games sort of being steam games)

XB1:   Pretend there isn't the elephant in the room. Basically I think that controller is the WORST controller for a game console in the 2000s. A controller like this would have bombed a decade ago. How can you go from one of the best controllers on the 360.. to something like the XB1? It's such a downgrade from a console that came out in 2005. I loved the 360 more than my PS3 and I was looking forward to the new xbox before it was even unvieled. But Microsoft failed with this console and it's no wonder they are thinking about selling the xbox division. Also it's weaker than the PS4 and you have practically limited freedom and intense DRM. Microsoft I believe willingly made a cheap console when their wealth should have made something more powerful than a PS4.

PS4:   Same as the XB1. I don't know why it's selling so many units. It only has Infamous 3 and I know Bloodbourne(Sadly I want this game) but it will not have the exclusive explosion like the PS3 did back in 2009 and it sure as hell will live in the shadow of the PS2's dominance of third party. Also I understand controllers must evolve, but the PS4 controller is just a gimmick that intrudes on a great dualshock design.

So there's more to it than that, that's my abridged version.

Edited by TheMarkz0ne
  • Brohoof 2

Go with older consoles.

They best

Nintendo-NES_360.jpg

Agreed. Old School gaming FTW

Regarding the topic at hand:

Console maturity takes several years (as much as 3) well into the 3rd generation of games for said console. I felt the same about PS, PS2 and PS3. However what happened? Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy X, and Uncharted 2 happened. All three were some time after initial launch. It's been less than a year for the current consoles and so it may be unfair to ignore the dev cycle and history and call the XB1 and PS4 failures. 

• Brohoof 8

Old school gaming will always be amazing because I have games that are worth playing and playing old school is not what gaming is sadly today. At least with PC gaming I save money and have more freedom as a consumer. I can always go to my gamecube or PS2, hell even the N64 and PS1 and enjoy just playing the game as it was made without install times or patches.

• Brohoof 2

I understand why many people would be upset about the current state of consoles. I mean, hell, the Xbox One was pretty much sold on lies and U-Turns. Honestly, though, PC gaming isn't "The messiah of video games." It comes with it's own set of failures, mostly from corporations that port console versions of their games onto the PC, especially from those slimeballs over at Ubisoft. I mean, seriously, go play Dark Souls for PC without any fixes or any handful of "Triple A" games that were ported to PC. It's a major downside to PC gaming, as PC gamers get the short end of the gaming stick half the time because companies are too lazy to make a solid PC version of their games.

• Brohoof 2

Well, you have fun with that. Consoles are better for me. Especially, Nintendo. They make tons of series that I love, so I always know i'll get my money's worth with their systems one way or another. Even the most disappointing console, the Wii, had its positives.

After spending a lot of money on a PC just to play an outdated "low spec" game perfectly (The Sims 3), I'm not convinced that PC gaming will ever be affordable. Unless you're okay with ten to fifteen minute loading screens, horrible lag, blotchy textures that take five minutes or more to load, etc., etc. That's why I'm done with PC gaming with The Sims 3. But to each their own)

(I much prefer consoles, and how all copies of a console run a game the same. So if there is lag, it's the game's problem, and not something you have to worry about upgrading.)

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 2

Ye PC Master Race represent bby.

Note I don't actually care about the pros/cons of the elements involved, I just do what feels right for me personally. I won't actually be able to hold any sort of argument on this subject because it's highly unimportant to me. Just congratulating a new convert to D correct path.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly all three platforms have decent libraries.Just depends on your tastes. If you say all three systems have no games, then I think you've just gotten tired of them.(Though I must admit I miss the simplicity of old.)

• Brohoof 1

Ye PC Master Race represent bby.

Note I don't actually care about the pros/cons of the elements involved, I just do what feels right for me personally. I won't actually be able to hold any sort of argument on this subject because it's highly unimportant to me. Just congratulating a new convert to D correct path.

UGH

PC GAMERS

PC Gaming was awesome BEFORE gaben

now its dead.

Bracing for the inevitable shitstorm.

I know.

Remember the old DOS days?

of Daggerfall, DOOM, and Deus Ex (well, deus ex WASNT dos, but it was before gaben.)?

Those were GOOD days for PC gaming.

I loved those days.

Cherished 'em.

Now it's all gone.

All of my middle fingers go to Valve.

the WII U is the best of em all in my opinion its the only console that actually is different from the older generation the PS4 and Xbox One are basically the same thing as the previous generations just with more memory and a few new features (and more expensive) I hear that Xbox Live and Playstation Network for the original generations will be shutdown by 2017 when that happens I will get a new computer and play TF2, WoW, W101 and hopefully LoE if it releases instead of buying a next generation Xbox

Moved over to PC permanently in January, and I don't think I'll go back to consoles. So much more choice and variety. Why would I get a new-gen console when my PC has pretty much the same specs and gives me more?? :D

Edited by Raritas

Moved over to PC permanently in January, and I don't think I'll go back to consoles. So much more choice and variety. Why would I get a new-gen console when my PC has pretty much the same specs and gives me more?? :D

Old PC Gaming was best.

I'd rather have a PS1 than a PC for gaming.

Old PC Gaming was best.

I'd rather have a PS1 than a PC for gaming.

Eh... If I'm honest, I'm not old enough to remember the "Old" PC gaming. My childhood consisted of PS1 and PS2, which were both epic. Didn't really get into PC gaming until about 3 or so years ago. 

I know.

Remember the old DOS days?

of Daggerfall, DOOM, and Deus Ex (well, deus ex WASNT dos, but it was before gaben.)?

Those were GOOD days for PC gaming.

I loved those days.

Cherished 'em.

Now it's all gone.

All of my middle fingers go to Valve.

DX, my favorite action FPS/RPG. So many quotables...

Also, nice new topic. :)

Eh... If I'm honest, I'm not old enough to remember the "Old" PC gaming. My childhood consisted of PS1 and PS2, which were both epic. Didn't really get into PC gaming until about 3 or so years ago. 

Seriosly, dude.

Like, DAGGERFALL DEUS EX DOOM

Seriosly, dude.

Like, DAGGERFALL DEUS EX DOOM

Hey, I've played Morrowind a ton XD I need to play Daggerfall though, looks really good.

SNES and Genesis Superior, PS4 and XBONE inferior!

From now on I will read all your posts and chats in the voice of Soundwave.

I also want to address the concept of the service that you pay for regarding PS+. I've subscribed to that service since it's inception and have saved hundreds of dollars over the cost of the service. Many of the games were on my 'to buy' list as well so they didn't fall to the psychology of "ZOMGFREEIGETITNOW" to say nothing of the time I spend enjoying the free games. The discounts in the service are reasonable as well. If you don't mind not instantly being part of the conversation its an amazing deal. 

• Brohoof 1