Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do people dislike The Living Tombstone?

ponytheorist

>Too mainstream

>Cheap music compared to other talented, hidden brony musicians

>No improvement on his music

>One of the first to make remixes and songs, albeit the one of the first to hog all those loves

>No originals

This is why I have no interest in this guy, he's just living off the love and fame the fandom are giving him. No offense but this guy is like one of those top celebrities who's just feeding off of our love. At least Justin Bieber did improve on his somewhat, and no I don't follow him. There are lots of great musicians out there or PonyRadio app in play store.

Pretty much my thoughts on the guy, at least from a musical standpoint. I'm sure he's a decent person (I never met him personally, either online or IRL) but there are far more talented individuals out there who don't have a sliver of what TLT has. 

• Brohoof 2

Pretty much my thoughts on the guy, at least from a musical standpoint. I'm sure he's a decent person (I never met him personally, either online or IRL) but there are far more talented individuals out there who don't have a sliver of what TLT has. 

It's Digibrony Syndrome.

You did it first, so even if you're crap, you're the most popular 'cause more people have heard of you 'cause you've been around the longest.

Ah, the interwebz.

• Brohoof 1

It's Digibrony Syndrome.

You did it first, so even if you're crap, you're the most popular 'cause more people have heard of you 'cause you've been around the longest.

Ah, the interwebz.

Hit the nail squarely on the head, my friend. It's the same with a product in high demand that scalpers know will be sought after, and will hope some schmuck will buy off of them for convenience because they got to it first. 

Besides, TLT (And Mando's guilty of this too, sadly) like to cling to what's popular to get more views. The dude did a Dog of Wisdom remix for Celestia's sake. 

• Brohoof 1

The dude did a Dog of Wisdom remix for Celestia's sake. 

Oh god help us.

I always thought brony songs were lacking in some respects. It's either good instrumentals but poor vocals or poor everything plus capitalism.

I just do instrumentals because my vocals are godawful, and I'm lucky to get a few views personally (Then again I don't do much pony stuff) 

TLT could autotune a fart and get thousands of views. 

You just triggered an sensitive SJW by saying "fart".

Good job.

*starts to chuckle*

• Brohoof 1

I had this question for some time now. There seem to be a fair amount of people that dislike music that The Living Tombstone makes. I was wondering why this is. Personally, I really enjoy  his music, so I don't really know why people think he makes bad music

Because people have different musical tastes? Alot of people don't like the beatles, or mozart, or 50 cent , it really just depends on personal taste and it's not like it's a personal attack for someone to say they don't like a musical artist. 

• Brohoof 1

The Living Tombstone isn't terrible, but I would say he's overrated, probably because he was one of the first brony musicians on the scene. His singing unfortunately falls into the "so bad, it's good" territory.

Even though I don't care for FNaF or most of his songs about it, I can't help liking his song "Die in a Fire."

Because people have different musical tastes? Alot of people don't like the beatles, or mozart, or 50 cent , it really just depends on personal taste and it's not like it's a personal attack for someone to say they don't like a musical artist. 

That's a very good point!

• Brohoof 1

The Living Tombstone isn't terrible, but I would say he's overrated, probably because he was one of the first brony musicians on the scene. His singing unfortunately falls into the "so bad, it's good" territory.

Even though I don't care for FNaF or most of his songs about it, I can't help liking his song "Die in a Fire."

That's a very good point!

You just linked the people of this post to TVTropes.

What have you done?

• Brohoof 1

i dislike something hes done. he's made remix's of two songs, Luna and Discord. but now the original creator is sorta..regretting it,  because now everyone constantly tells him that his version sucks and TLT id better, so.

• Brohoof 1

i dislike something hes done. he's made remix's of two songs, Luna and Discord. but now the original creator is sorta..regretting it,  because now everyone constantly tells him that his version sucks and TLT id better, so.

PewDiePie Syndrome.

You have no control over your fanbase, so your fanbase is stupid and you can't help it.

PewDiePie Syndrome.

You have no control over your fanbase, so your fanbase is stupid and you can't help it.

i do understand that, ubt it would be nice of tombstone to atleast say something about that. i fee like the original creator would be rather hurt by that >W<

• Brohoof 1

Hello!

I actually have met the guy. He is living with a friend of mine and as far as I can see he's a pretty normal guy. If you don't like his music that's fine, but don't hate the guy for his fans or his music.

I have a sinking feeling you keep replying because you like brohoofs.

I do too, don't worry.

i honestly barely notice the brohoofs. i just like talking to people, and i find it rude to not say anything =3

• Brohoof 1

I don't hate him as a person, I just don't like most of the music he makes. That reason alone is how most people who "dislike" him feel. He has some decent songs, but most of his music just isn't enjoyable to listen to for me. Just a matter of personal taste is all.

• Brohoof 1

Hello!

I actually have met the guy. He is living with a friend of mine and as far as I can see he's a pretty normal guy. If you don't like his music that's fine, but don't hate the guy for his fans or his music.

I never met him personally, so I can't speak of how he is personally, and even if I did rub elbows once, you can't really make an honest judgment based on one meetup. I'm just not huge on his music and to a lesser extend, some of his fans, not him as a person. I'm sure he's awesome or, like you say, normal and not letting the fame go to his head like it has other fandom musicians sadly. 

I myself don't dislike him. Personally speaking, he seems to be a nice fellow and doesn't make a big deal out of his fame. I remember when he was at 2014 GalaCon. The Electronic Musicians panel (within the duration of which he made almost one complete track) was filled to the last seat 15 minutes before it started because everypony wanted to swoon over Tombstone, and the club night was well-visited, to say the least, because he was among the DJs. But he also joined the audience of the Traditional Musicians panel (instead of hanging around with the VIPs), and I met him when we lined up for questions.

Guess a great deal of the hatred against him simply comes from his popularity. Once your #HorseFame reaches a critical mass, you're accused of being a fame whore. See MandoPony. Besides, his fame has come to a point where it feeds back on itself. He's #HorseFamous for being so #HorseFamous. At least Mando jokes about it — about his own #HorseFame and Tombstone's by mimicking both Tombstone and Mic in "Horse Famous".

Being one of the most famous electronic producers in this fandom by far made him the #1 target for all those who don't like electronic music at all, especially the metalheads and the alternative rock crowd.

And being so popular, he's a natural target for hipsters. "If it's popular, it sucks automatically."

Whatever he makes largely sounds the same. Modern Talking Syndrome (the German 1980s pop duo, not the FL Studio plugin). Dunno whether that's all he can do, whether that's the quickest way, or whether he simply wanted to cultivate a "signature sound" for himself (at least he isn't really ripping off someone else).

Also, he got popular mostly by remixing existing and popular brony music. Ever since the Rolling Stone magazine featured his remix of "Discord" instead of Eurobeat's original, making it more popular than the original, it seemed like he was piggybacking on the fame of other brony musicians to the point where most newfoals believe that it was Eurobeat who remixed Tombstone. (Yeah, Eurobeat made loads of covers himself, but what really got him popular were "Luna" and "Discord".) I mean, Mic the Microphone was mobbed out of the bronydom because he was loudly accused of not making anything original of his own, always relying on somepony else.

Then there are probably new-coming or at least relatively unknown musicians and producers who might complain that Tombstone has only ever remixed big names.

Last but not least, he started making non-pony music. Non-pony fan music in particular. See MandoPony again and others. Can be a sure-fire death warrant for a brony musician.

• Brohoof 2

I think it simply because he knows how to work his audience, like we don't know if his stuff comes from his heart or if he is using fandoms to make a quick buck. No double meaning intended.