Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What would your cutie mark be? And why?

Owlowiscious

My cuty mark......

Well my cuty mark would be a the symbol used to represent integration in mathematics because along with differentiation, intergration is some of the coolest math on the planet not to mention an intergral is used in the water refraction code in the source engine.

• Brohoof 1

Microphone(Singing) or Pencil(Drawing). I thought about this for so long XD  I love the thought of having your special skill shown to everyone else without the need of showcasing them, benefits a shy pony.

Mine would problaby be an smiley face with headphones,because I'm always happy and I love music,and in case your wondering my favorite music is,it's rock and my fav band is Skillet!!!! :)

(edited)

Probably a pentagram, but not for the reason that probably comes to mind. It's because it's the visual representation of the golden ratio (my favorite mathematical relation).

Edited by Beyonder

Pink Floyd Light Prism most likely, for obvious reasons. And no it just isn't because they are my favorite band, there are a lot of deeper connections that I have to their music. Then again I kind of am artistic as well so maybe something along those lines. I also like to do a lot of deep thinking so maybe something involving a brain or something. 

(edited)

A Pair Of Headphones

I Sure Love Playin Some Music! I Play Violin. I Also Play A Trumpet But I Love Plain Violin. I've Been Playing The Trumpet For 5 Years (I Started When I Was 6 And Yes, I'm 11). But I Generaly Like Music, Especially The Wubs!

Even Although My OC Is A Blank Flank (And A Fully Grown Mare) "Isn't It Great To Be Different" Forest Rain 2013

Edited by Ali_Derp

Either a book (like history), a skull ( psychology), or a stand (debating). I have always been fascinated with history and how past events have affected society. I enjoy psychology because it gives us a basis on why we do what we do. Lastly, I enjoy having debates since it gives insight on the topic at hand.

A single feather.

Why?

It represents, flight, freedom, artistry (can be used as an ink pen), and even imagination :D

Yes, I think a feather would suit my flank just fine if I were a pony

Mine would be a scroll. I love making lists and keeping organized. Everything has to be in order for me or else it'll drive me crazy.

My cutie mark would be a steering wheel, cars and driving have been my passion ever since I first remember myself. The best day in my life was getting my drivers license, I just jumped inside the Mitsubishi and drove off. The best feeling in the world is the feeling I feel behind the wheel. I grew up around a lot of different types of vehicles, a lot of trucks that were customized for the arctic environment. So I have been interested in cars literally my whole life, the first car I truly started to appreciate was the Chevrolet Corvette Z06, although the very first car I liked was a Subaru Impreza WRX 2000, wanted a dark blue one. The thing is, I loved rally when I was young. I would watch rally again and again. Even had a relative that was racing on a subaru. So the subaru love was the first, then Chevrolet, then BMW then it became all cars that are nice looking. I began with obsessing with a certain brand then it became all brands.

My dream in life was very simple, I wanted to drive. It's what I want to do with my life, I just want to drive. This is why I planned my life towards it, only thing I care about in life is that I'll have enough money for cars. I do not care what job I'll have, I only care that I will be able to collect and drive a lot of cars.

I just love driving and a steering wheel represents that perfectly.

2008+Z06+Chevrolet+Corvette+Coupe+Yellow

For me, I think it would be some electric brain, 'cause of my passion for technology and my intelligence. Heck, I'm planning to be a programmer.

• Brohoof 1

I am quite the gamer, if I do say so myself, so it'd probably be some kind of controller.

Well I'm also pretty good with computers, so it could be something technological as well. Either way I wouldn't mind... It'd be awesome to be a pro gamer with my cutie mark :D

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Excellent question, and I just happened to have had a dream shortly before seeing Equestria Girls in theaters last week. That dream made me thought about this question, and so I shall give you my answer. (BTW, The dream could potentially become a fan fiction I could write if I could develop the beginning and middle acts more, but I digress.)

My cutie mark would ultimately have four parts: (each part appearing at the end of each act in my possible fan fic)

First, a open book with a blank front page would appear. It would represent my love of books, or rather the things I learn from books. (In real life, I'd be more comfortable looking on the Internet, but in Equestria, I would feel at home in Twilight's Library home in Ponyville.)

Next, an image of the Disney castle would appear on the blank page of the book. It would represent my knowledge of Disney, of course. (Though, the Disney company has nothing to do with MLP, I feel a little touch of Disney coming to Equestria can bring an adventure and they both have small, but significant things in common. Friendship and Magic comes to mind.)

Thirdly, a heart would appear on the inside cover opposite the front page. It would represent how I'm a young-at-heart person who believes everyone can find love. It's not just the cliche "true love" things cynics would scoff at; it's also the love and passion someone can put into their hobby or talents. Think about that one with an open mind, please. (Hmm...A cutie mark that would appear after witnessing a scene that demonstrates an act of love...I could make this work...)

Lastly, the final part of my cutie mark would appear above the book snuggled between the front page and inside cover: a yellow star! Remember Disney's "When You Wish Upon a Star/ Your dreams come true"? Some people debate if it's a good message or it just promotes laziness/ a lying belief that if you wish hard enough, bad things will go away. I don't believe that. Instead, I truly believe it's a symbol of hope that in the darkest of times, you'll find the star that will lead you home. (Yes...Yes...that's just how the fan fic could be wrapped up!)

To sum up, my cutie mark would be: An open book with the Disney castle on the front page, a heart on the inside cover, and a star snuggled nicely above the book. A young-at-heart Disney fan who could see the Power-of-Friendship centered world of MLP:FiM as a cousin to the animated world of magic and staying true to your heart that is Disney! (Yeah, I definitely should write that story, but it might take a while...so we'll see how that turns out.)

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

Probably something like this:

sticker,375x360.png

Tho without the shield behind the wings. For me, it represents my love for flight and freedom. The duality of the wings shown by the diverse colors also represents my acceptance that the world doesn't exist in a plain of singularity.

(edited)

I'd like to think it'd be a quill and papyrus or something to represent my love for storytelling, but at the end of the day, I'm not really sure what I'd put my stakes on being my 'ultimate hobby' or something of the sort.

Edited by TheDarkCynder

• 5 weeks later...

I would definitely have a crystal/gem stone. I do a lot of energy healing that involves stones that correspond with chakras and I have always found stones completely beautiful and lovely, even from a young age. 

The problem that I have is...I don't have an overall talent. I'm good with art, I'm good at writing, I'm a good musician...but my true talent? I'm not sure. I'm excellent at soccer. That's my number one sport! But...is that my real and final talent? I don't have a clue. I think I still need to find my talent. While I am good at things none of them are activities I want to actually do.