Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Celestia really the right ruler for the job?

ManaMinori

Something about Celestia just rubs me the wrong way.

Quite frankly, I never liked her character all that much, and the main reason behind that, I believe, is her design. For me, it's hard not to see just how she screams “Illuminati”, since she's always got one eye showing, and that her eye design looks a lot like 'the all-seeing eye' of Horus, which is one of the main symbols used by the Illuminati/ Luciferian government, and even on the back of U.S currency.

=_= yeahhhhhh.....

Secondly, her character....or what's seen of it, anyway. In the first episode, Twilight's reading from her book about NMM's banishment, and one line consists of “and on the longest day of the thousandth year, the stars will aid in her escape”. With how Celestia has been shown letting Twilight and friends handle the dirty work of reforming past villains (turning Discord to stone, then letting Twi and friends reform him; banishing Sombra, and releasing him for Twi to permanently deal with 1000 years later, ect) it's hard not to see how “the stars aiding in her escape” would mean the Sun (the Sun being a star), aiding to release NMM from her imprisonment, so that the EOH (which Celestia groomed her student to learn how to make friends and use properly) could reform her.

Further evidence of Celestia being the one who released NMM could be argued that it was Celestia's voice reading from the beginning lines of the Mare in the Moon 'myth', right as the first episode began, as she was the one who wrote it (or ordered someone to write it), after the events occurred, and she knew that she'd later be aiding in NMM's escape, later to have put the line of the stars (sun) aiding in her escape”, for the new bearers of the EOH to reform.

The IDW Friends forever #3 comic confirms this, when Celestia tells Spike “As you Said, Spike, I am very powerful, and there are MANY things I can do. And yes, sometimes, I let Twilight take care of an indecent that I could have cleared away EASILY, But I do not do this because I am cruel, or because I want to play a joke on Twilight....I do this because I am her teacher, and sometimes, this is how she must learn.”

This hooves off approach of Celestia's, when it comes to villains, and 'teaching' is what rubs me the wrong way when it comes to sunbutt's character. While it's not a bad method of teaching to students, and allows them to learn how to overcome a problem on their own, doing so with villains in the mix, on the other hoof, is putting everypony else in her kingdom in danger (see how much destruction Discord and above all- Tirek- caused?) (so much for she and Luna being coronated princesses by Starswirl, and clarifying that their role wouldn't be as rulers to the ponies of Equestria, but as guardians, to serve and protect them, and keep everypony safe (see Journal of the Two Sisters). Ha. What a load of crock)

• Brohoof 3

I think it's the writing that's messing them up. They're making Celestia the hurdle that Twi has to overcome, and that makes her character seem idiotic and somewhat of a troll. I think that if they included her in the fight, but then make her fail due to her 'old age' and being out of a fight for so long she would seem more interesting.

This is why I like the Chrys -vs- Celes thing in 'A Canterlot Wedding', she was shown to be weak and someday she won't be able to fight anymore.

• Brohoof 4

What both of you aren't seeing is that Celestia is over 1,000 years old.. shes getting tired and since Twilight and her friends are MUCH younger and full of life, she kind of has to let them deal with things like that.

But you try being over 1,000 years old, handle the amount of stress Celestia has too, and the lonelyness for a thousand years while Luna was on the moon..

In conclusion, Celestia is tired and lost to Chrysalis because Chrysalis was super charged, while Celestia wasn't really ready for it

• Brohoof 5

Even though Twilight's the main character, they really discount the roles of the other characters too much. I think Silver Quill was one who said that they should include the rest of Equestria in on the two-parters and such a bit more often.

Celestia gives the impression of a ruler on her way out. She is being defeated more often and passes the tasks on to Twilight and her friends. I think "successor" is a pretty fair word to throw around when it comes to Twilight's princesshood. However, there just isn't enough. If Celestia is on her way out, that leaves open Luna. Her character has definitely not been expanded enough and has been intentionally taken out of the plot much more often than necessary. Additionally, it would ruin the duality and counterbalance that having Celestia and Luna had at the top, unless Discord logically filled the role for Twilight should she move up even more in the world. We don't know for sure, however. It's just a hunch. :)

• Brohoof 1

Okay,  to an extent I agree with you.  I've always felt, "Twilight is smart, but did she really figure something out that the greatest living wizard didn't?  Even though the wizard had a 1000 year head?  And cast the spell in the 1st place?  Who, exactly, do you think wrote the clue book & put it in the library for T to find?

No, IMO, C knew ahead of time what was to happen & laid her plans ahead of time.  (Interesting sideline, in Equestria Girls, Sunset Shimmer was C's protégé before T was, implying she would have had the job).  It was no coincidence C was on hand when T took her test.  C must have been scouting for backup for SS)  (perhaps she saw SS's actions might be coming?)  Even so, C cut it pretty thin.

Dash was Head Weather Pony in Ponyville at age 17 (See How Old Are The Main 6?) Given her (probable) academic record, why?  So she would be there for T, that's why. Why Ponyille?  Because she knew AJ would never leave her farm for long.  C could have brought in any chef in Equestria, or any decorator, or any entertainment.  She made her choices so T would meet them.

Speaking of Fluttershy, I seem to be the only person in the world to think her behavior in episode 2 was VERY out of character.  Not being urged to go, not cowering or complaining.  Compare it to Dragonshy.  To my mind, she might have been under a spell.

Then, in Episode 65, Magical Mystery Cure.  She sent that spell book to T.  Starswirl wrote that spell?  My hoof (& less mentionable parts) he wrote it.  He lived long before the Elements were found (created?), so how could his spell affect them?  Discord couldn't really alter cutie marks. So how could SS bounce them around like popcorn in a popper?  No, C wrote that spell.  Call it T's final exam in Intro to Friendship.  Granted, it was for the good of Equestria but it caused a lot of misery before T put it right.

No there are times when a leader must be ruthless & C can be

The internet & I are Not friends.  Been trying to change my post for last half hour & can't.  The internet is off my Xmas card list & has been defriended on Facebook

What I've been trying to add is  Princess C is absolutely right to make T do things.  It is the only way she will ever learn.  C has things only she can do & she won't have the time if she goes around doing T's jobs.

Edited by sweetolebob18
  • Brohoof 3

Celestia was voted into the position of ruler by Star Swirl+representatives from all three tribes. From there, she's tried to rule Equestria to the best of her ability. She's slipped up a few times, but she's managed to hold Equestria together, at one point singlehandedly for a thousand years.

Even if she wasn't the right ruler, who else would fill the job? Luna nearly suffered a mental breakdown from one day in Celestia's shoes in the comics, and that was before she had to do her own night shift. Cadence is too young and inexperienced to rule all of Equestria. Twilight Sparkle has her hands tied up saving the world, and has no experience ruling anything. Who would we be giving the title to?

I see that Celestia is often in the cross hairs of someone's critique, I am not sure if it is an dissent of Celestia or their real life government, either way we must not let our real world cloud our admiration for Equestria. Princess Luna lost her nerve, and became Nightmare Moon, yet that somehow flees criticism from some bronies, that may not have been in a position of leadership. 

When I was in the military, I have been in that position, it is not easy. I had to teach my job to those below me in rank, and to maintain moral, it is tiring and tedious, no matter how well you are in command, there is always someone judging you. It is okay to question leaders, but don't make it impossible for them to accomplish their goals, sometimes you have to govern yourself. 

Equestria does seem to have a limited government, it's not like Equestria is a central power, concentrated only at Canterlot, each town and city bears responsibility same as anypony, this not like the Hunger Games, in which Panem was controlled entirely at the capital, so I believe Celestia is the right pony for the job, because she respects the individual liberty of all ponies, not politicking or bureaucratic, like our contemporary universe, think about what the ponies think of Celestia, and Luna after she came back from exile, for both have kept the different pony tribes together and in tranquillity, if both ponies have maintained support despite mistakes, they have done some good for Equestria.
Edited by Jeric
Inserted Line Breaks
  • Brohoof 4

Secondly, her character....or what's seen of it, anyway. In the first episode, Twilight's reading from her book about NMM's banishment, and one line consists of “and on the longest day of the thousandth year, the stars will aid in her escape”. With how Celestia has been shown letting Twilight and friends handle the dirty work of reforming past villains (turning Discord to stone, then letting Twi and friends reform him; banishing Sombra, and releasing him for Twi to permanently deal with 1000 years later, ect) 

Okay, let's look at the events.

1. Nightmare Moon was going to be released anyway, the elements of Harmony were not going to keep her trapped up on the Moon for eternity. 

2. Celestia couldn't use the Elements of Harmony after her battle with NMM and that's why she sent the Mane 6 out against NMM & Discord.

3. Changing an enemy into an ally is a good idea regardless of who it was and Celestia knew the Mane 6 could just turn him back to stone if needed.

4. Sombra: He had, much like NMM; accepted dark powers and had tried to use them to establish an empire. The two sisters banished him but were not able to 'restore' the Crystal Empire due to King Sombra putting a curse of the Crystal Empire. By the time the two returned the Two sisters were unable to use the Elements again. 

So the Mane 6 were again put up to the task. If they failed then there would likely be a long war between Equestria and the Crystal Empire. But seeing as how the Mane 6 got the Crystal Ponies back on their feet and found the Heart, Sombra was unable to retake the Crystal Empire due to the Magic of Love from the Crystal Ponies.

5. Tirek is pretty easy to explain. He wanted to consume all the magic in Equestria and only the Elements of Harmony(Which had been put back into the Tree of Harmony earlier) could stop him. Even Super-Twilight was not able to defeat him, only pushing him into a stalemate until he offered to free her friends in exchange for her magic. 

So, looking at the above. I'm not seeing a lot of reasons to dislike Celestia, she made due with what she had against foes she could not fight alone. 

On a different note, I wouldn't be surprised if season 5(and hopefully 6)'s main antagonist is some kind of Dark-Creature.

Edited by WindyParadise
  • Brohoof 3

Equestria seems to be doing quite well as a whole.

I think that Princess Celestia is doing fine.

Yes, there has been evil trying to murder or enslave Equestria, but she seems to be fine.

• Brohoof 1

What both of you aren't seeing is that Celestia is over 1,000 years old.. shes getting tired and since Twilight and her friends are MUCH younger and full of life, she kind of has to let them deal with things like that.

But you try being over 1,000 years old, handle the amount of stress Celestia has too, and the lonelyness for a thousand years while Luna was on the moon..

In conclusion, Celestia is tired and lost to Chrysalis because Chrysalis was super charged, while Celestia wasn't really ready for it

That's what I was saying. She's getting weaker due to her 'old age', and Twi will have to take over.

I think it's silly for anyone to think that she, or anything on the shoe promotes satanism, or the illuminati, or any of that bullcrap.

But in my opinion, she's a great ruler. She's calm, cool, and collected. Headstrong, and kind. She's not a tyrant, or a troll, or anything bad. It really saddens me to see people call her that. (Not that any of you were, but in general) I will say, that I think she is getting tired, and needs someone to take over. 

• Brohoof 2

The stars that aided in her escape had nothing to do with the sun. We see them (perfectly normal stars, except for the whole moving thing) throughout the first episode getting closer to the moon, and when they touch it, the Mare in the Moon vanishes, and Nightmare Moon appears.

The point about letting Twilight handle the Nightmare moon bit.  She saw the potential in Twilight and knew it was her that could help.  Remember back in the flash back Nightmare moon was strong and almost beat Celestia.  She knew NMM would likely come for her first and or that she might not be able to win so she sent Twilight as kind of a secret mission to make friends since she perhaps saw the potential in her to be the new possible element of magic since NMM would not go after some seemingly random pony.

As for the Chrysalis fight..  Celestia wasn't weak she was infact still very strong.  It was the love Chrysalis had stolen from Shining Armor that had given her a power boost.  I bet in time had she been separated from that source of food/energy she would lose that power and become weaker than Celestia again.

In old times it was very common for a ruler to send knights and such to fight for their country/land.  That is basically what the mane 6 are,  Equestrian knights protecting the kingdom.

Edited by Kuyon
  • Brohoof 2

4. Sombra: He had, much like NMM; accepted dark powers and had tried to use them to establish an empire. The two sisters banished him but were not able to 'restore' the Crystal Empire due to King Sombra putting a curse of the Crystal Empire. By the time the two returned the Two sisters were unable to use the Elements again. 

So the Mane 6 were again put up to the task. If they failed then there would likely be a long war between Equestria and the Crystal Empire. But seeing as how the Mane 6 got the Crystal Ponies back on their feet and found the Heart, Sombra was unable to retake the Crystal Empire due to the Magic of Love from the Crystal Ponies.

And his curse was most likely why the Mane 6 didn't just use the Elements on him (They couldn't risk losing the Empire again.).

Celestia was voted into the position of ruler by Star Swirl+representatives from all three tribes. From there, she's tried to rule Equestria to the best of her ability. She's slipped up a few times, but she's managed to hold Equestria together, at one point singlehandedly for a thousand years.

Even if she wasn't the right ruler, who else would fill the job? Luna nearly suffered a mental breakdown from one day in Celestia's shoes in the comics, and that was before she had to do her own night shift. Cadence is too young and inexperienced to rule all of Equestria. Twilight Sparkle has her hands tied up saving the world, and has no experience ruling anything. Who would we be giving the title to?

Gummy.

Pinkie Pie's pet aligator, Gummy.

In Alicorn form.

#AlicornPrincessGummy2015

• Brohoof 3

Eh, I guess. Rather, what has she done LATELY? I find her current record rather uninspiring

Currently:

>she still runs the entirety of Canterlot and most of Equestria, as in the politics are entirely decided by her.

>She figured out that Chrysalis was going to attack, and sent Shining Armor to protect Canterlot

>She found out that the crystal empire has risen, and sent Cadence and Shining Armor to protect it

>She gave Twilight Sparkle the knowledge of dark magic that led her to save the Crystal Empire

>She saved Twilight Sparkle's life by sending her the letters in Return of Harmony, which led to Twilight saving her friends

> She gave Discord a second chance

>She found out that Tirek was loose, and sent Discord to confront him

>She was partially responsible for creating the mirror that led to the entirety of the events of EQG

>She promoted Twilight Sparkle to an alicorn and a princess, and is currently the only pony we know of that can initiate the alicorn ascension process

• Brohoof 5

I mean, I don't see why not. She's certainly more qualified than the other Princess, in my opinion. (Except Twilight, but we won't get into that now. ;) )

Usually, I would say heck, yes, but since "Twilight's Kingdom"...

She sent Discord to apprehend Tirek with no backup plan at all, or any way to stop him simply going over to Tirek's side. And then when he does turn on them, she ask Twilight to hold all the alicorn magic despite knowing that Discord can sense magical imbalances, the very reason she sent him after Tirek in the first place. 

That really shook my confidence in Princess Sunbutt.

Usually, I would say heck, yes, but since "Twilight's Kingdom"...

She sent Discord to apprehend Tirek with no backup plan at all, or any way to stop him simply going over to Tirek's side. And then when he does turn on them, she ask Twilight to hold all the alicorn magic despite knowing that Discord can sense magical imbalances, the very reason she sent him after Tirek in the first place. 

That really shook my confidence in Princess Sunbutt.

She and the others trusted Discord they all thought he would stay loyal but he slipped.  Not really her fault she did what was right.  She asked Twilight to hold the magic because even if Discord could sense it Tirek couldn't and it was a last ditch move in order to buy some time till Twilight could figure something out really.  Just how I see it. ^^

Edited by Kuyon