Ever lost a game save?

TheDashingRainbow

Poke'mon Red. I had 110 poke'mon, beat the elite four, had at least one poke'mon at level 100. Spent hundreds of hours on it probably. But got corrupted cos of Mew and Missengo.

Had to call Nintendo, they did something to the cart or possibly nothing who knows, sent it back but save was still gone. Never spent that long on one game since. This was in the 90's obviously long ass time ago.

My save files have been broken plenty of times in Fallout: New Vegas. For some reason the game used to randomly put me back at Goodsprings at level 1 when loading a save.

Fallout 3 was super-buggy on 360. I lost hours of progress when the game crashed. New Vegas was still buggy so same thing happened but not as much. I got both GOTY on PC recently they seem more stable. I assume by now they've dealt with all that crap.

I've had an entire flashdrive go down, and lost every game save I'd had for the first decade after the 360 came out.

Flashdrive, damn you have one of those models with no HD space. After swapping to PS3 this year and also PC I can say my gaming experience is at least 20% cooler. The 360 gave me tonnes of freezes and the like.

• Brohoof 1

sig-18793.ComicConReviews.png

Fallout 3 was super-buggy on 360. I lost hours of progress when the game crashed. New Vegas was still buggy so same thing happened but not as much. I got both GOTY on PC recently they seem more stable. I assume by now they've dealt with all that crap.

Great, but I don't have an xbox. These issues happened for me on PC.

Edited by SpaceOnion

Heh, I lost worse -- back when I was in college, I lost my senior project.  Corrupted file.  The floppy disc from the backup failed.  The floppy disc from the backup before that also FAILED.  I ended up having to scan in some printouts I had and back then such was not as good (tons of scan errors), and redo large portions.  It also made me late with it.

No matter how paranoid you are, there are ways to lose stuff.

Silvadel, the Pegasus of Insight.

Ugh, yes. It's because of my sister. She went through a phase of having a habit of deleting game files. And it wasn't just my games. Every file she got her hooves on, she would delete. Fortunately, that's no longer a problem.

The one I was most upset about was Yoshi's Island DS. :angry:

Honestly this question is unnecessary as if you are a gamer or at least played some form of games, you'll come across file corruption or data lost somewhere in your life.

For me on more then a few occasions, I've lost Metroid data from my hand held Metroid games. Since I'm a avid Metroid gamer, the loss of data will piss me off unless I'm doing a second run or more.

I've had my occasions with Pokemon losing data too. Though it's happened less.

"Love and Hate are two different sides of the same coin. Both are feelings that are indescribable. One is felt often while the other is typically felt by those who cannot comprehend right from wrong." - Me

"In my time as a reaper of souls, I've learned to never take anything seriously unless it means my life. Chaos and Control are forms of the life flow, nothing more. Pain and heartbreak are no different, just a flow of events." - Sadist

"I know there is no use to prey, I am a demon today. We all are demons today" - Combichrist

Poke'mon Red. I had 110 poke'mon, beat the elite four, had at least one poke'mon at level 100. Spent hundreds of hours on it probably. But got corrupted cos of Mew and Missengo.

Had to call Nintendo, they did something to the cart or possibly nothing who knows, sent it back but save was still gone. Never spent that long on one game since. This was in the 90's obviously long ass time ago.

Flashdrive, damn you have one of those models with no HD space. After swapping to PS3 this year and also PC I can say my gaming experience is at least 20% cooler. The 360 gave me tonnes of freezes and the like.

Actually I did have HDD space, but I travel to my brothers houses, all over the country. This was back before they did the cloud, and even for a while after.

not often but I nearly quit TF2 when I scared myself loading the wrong memory unit and seeing everything gone....... but when I do lose a save file depending on the game I just stop playing it completely

I've had my share of accidentally opening the wrong game save. I have even quit games completely.. just to go back to them one day to realize the save was fine the entire time..

-----Want to be 20% Cooler?-----

mlp_fim_signature___20__cooler_in_ten_se

• 3 years later...

Yup. Several in fact. And for a long while it bugged the hell out of me, until I realized I was not exactly sure what I was going to do with them anyway, and then I no longer cared.

~No profound statement needed~

Yeah, my save file for Pokemon Platinum got corrupted once. I remember being quite upset.

At first I rejected the zero, but that was because I simply didn't understand it. Now I do.

I lost all my game saves when my first PS3 stopped working. I've also lost PS2 memory cards as well. I also lost a few game files in my computer.

"Never give up, because you can't succeed if you don't even try." - Personal Motto

"Anything worth doing has risks. Believe me, this is worth doing." Hortense-Guardians of Ga'Hoole book 2
:umad::yeahno::fiery::wub::ph34r::fluttershy::squee::sealed::yay::icwudt::pinkie::okiedokieloki:^_^:adorkable::love::orly::sunbutt::D:unamused::rarity::mellow:

(edited)

I've lost a few saves before. A couple years ago my save file on Mario Kart 7 got corrupted. I lost everything, including the one gold star I had next to my name online. I liked that game so much that I kept playing anyway, but I never got that star back.

I think last year I was playing Final Fantasy V on an emulator on my phone, and I stored the save file in my Downloads folder, which proved to be a very bad idea. I accidentally deleted it while clearing out that folder, and since I had put so much time into the game, I didn't touch it again after that.

More recently, I didn't restore my save file that I had on Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp when I started playing it on a new phone. I did that on purpose so I could start over, but technically it still counts as losing a save.

Edited by Sir Floof

Yes. 

Yes. :okiedokieloki:

When I just randomly lost absolutely all of my progress in MySims and Animal Crossing, I actually stopped playing. This may make me sound like a sore looser, but I had gotten so far in both of them and didn’t want to have to go through it all again, tutorials and all. It’s frustrating. :nom:

(edited)

A couple of times ages ago. I lent my Pokémon Red to a friend who begged to play it and promised not to save. I got the game back and my fully completed game was gone, replaced with my friend's basically new game. I played it again all the way and it later deleted again due to age and Missingno, which I never bothered to recover but I kept the cart.

Transferring boxes to Stadium 2 I lost part of my save on Gold. I transferred my active box, which is the one where i kept my some of my strongest or in training Pokémon, and it didn't get transferred. I lost almost all of my best monsters that day. Fortunately Crystal came out soon and I played that a lot, and then the next generation was incompatible with this so I didn't bother.

Since this I take care of my saves better so nope, haven't lost any since that I remember 

Edited by Lektra Bolt

img-31286-1-img-31286-1-img-31286-1-img-
by @Balareth+@Onion Sing

My OC Lektra Bolt: EvE Version/EqE Archive. My links in one place: https://lektragaming.carrd.co

My Gamecube Memory card was recently corrupted and I had to format it. Lost 10+ years worth of save data for all my games

Yeah, it was a Smash melee save, had all the characters just about, and I don't remember if it was corrupted or one of my siblings did it but all the progress was gone. 

Two Worlds on Xbox 360. I decided to explore the whole map before doing any missions, other than a few side missions. I spent 2 weeks covering every inch of the map to open it up. I had tons of stuff I collected. Then I was ready to start doing missions, and it froze during a save.

Recently I lost a save to Victor Vran on PS4.

I lost a memory card for my Game Cube.

This is my new signature.

I remember my first time it was a PSP game save of one of the Wipeout games and the data got corrupted due to lack of space or something and it ticked me off so much that I never played the game again because I didn't want to spend a bunch of time re-unlocking everything, even though I had fun and enjoyed playing it. Recently, my N64 memory cards lost all their data due to how weird they are and it has something to do with them having a power supply and me never playing it for years. Anyways, I replayed a couple games and it was pretty easy re-beating everything.

I also once lost a save due to my incompetence when I played Gran Turismo 2 and went to save a game even though I hadn't yet loaded my previous game - which I probably had 70%-80% of the game beat - and I accidentally did an overwrite of the data. I chose not to play it for awhile, but got bored a year later and re-beat everything, going farther than I did previously. I didn't mind it since the game doesn't take nearly as long to beat as Gran Turismo 3.

post-8308-0-55317300-1414605702.png

Signature by Kyoshi

Hymenoptera is the most superior order of insects. | I'm the best Street Fighter player ever... in my hometown.

Rosalina's #1 fanboy.