• June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

I first saw ponies in March 2011, where My Little Pony was on Know Your Meme. The article said that people liked the show so I decided to watch it from the first episode.

A friend of mine was already a brony, and he kept sending me links to various episodes. At first I was like "wtf is this?" then I actually sat down and watched a full episode and fell in love with the show. Then I discovered the fanbase... : D

I originally found My Little Pony through fanfiction and I gained an interest in it from there. I ended up watching all of the episodes out and wanting more, so I kinda pieced it together that I was a brony (and proud!) :3

Ever since I heard the word "Brony" I started referring to myself as one. I thought it was one of the most hilarious things I'd ever heard. Then I decided to actually watch an episode and it was over.

I eased into it. I first started seeing ponies pop up everywhere all over my regularly visited sites, and found it annoying. Then one day, after seeing friends of mine descend into it over the course of a few months, watch the first episode out of pure curiosity. 'I'll just watch the first one' syndrome kicked in, and I watched the first three or four episodes. I then skipped around and watched The Return of Harmony parts 1 and 2, due to my brony friend being like 'dude, you're going to love Discord'.

Welp, you can make conclusions from there.

• Brohoof 1

Last year April 1'st the sonic paradox team relesed a new episode on there abridged sieries channel (sonicfsieries) called "Sonic F abridged episode 5.5" I clicked on it and the first episode of MLP started up abridged. I seriously slammed my laptop screen shut and was mad that they got me on april fools. Later that night, I was bored trying to find something to watchy on youtube, then I remembered the Sonic F April fool's video, I decided that it is still the same guys, so even if it is my little pony, they could make i funny. I watched it and it didn't look too bad, I wanted to compare it with the real show. I watched the real episodes, and was hooked. Brony ever since.

Hrm.... I actually came in through the youtube section of the community. While they may not all be of high standards, there I found some legitimately good examples of fanmade music and art. I also found some of the inside jokes making me laugh even when I didn't know anything about the show. Go figure.

Well, as my introducer to all things MLP on YouTube, Yaplap, would say, I became drawn to MLP three months ago by the MAGIC OF FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!!!! :angry: LOL, love you Yaplap, and thank you so much for making your videos!!!! I may have still discovered MLP even if I hadn't seen those, but I'm glad I saw those vids first! :lol:

I'm a brony (or pegasister) since the starts of the serie (it only had around 8 chapters when I saw the first one).

I seen a post in a forum about "you'r darkest secret". One posted. Whatching my little pony, friendship is magic!.

Ok, I hated ponies, with al my dark heart, all my life. But I really liked that image. So I searched for information... and wala! I watched the first episodes, 8 in a row, in english. I loved them. But I just acepted it in public some month ago :B

I believe it was somewhere around March 12, 2012, on a Monday, around 6:12 p.m. That is, in all seriousness, my estimate.

I discovered bronies while browsing another forum (for those of you who don't know, that forum was MidnaFanForum), and at first I didn't really believe the show could be so popular. One of the members finally convinced me to watch an episode. It was my first one, season 2 episode 16. I was kind of disregarding the fact I was actually watching ponies, that is until I hit around the near end of the episode. That is when I admitted, "This show was a little interesting..." I then got some feedback on exactly what I was doing on Facebook. My friends kind of made fun of me, but I still watched more episodes. I eventually became... basically addicted to the show. That's a good thing, right?

Somethime around Febuary I believe. My 18-year old brother kept harrassing me about watching the show and I, like every other good soon-to-be-brony, made fun of him as a male and insulted the show. I finally made a deal; I would watch 1 episode, 15min if it was bad as I believed it would be, but only if played a game of Magic the Gathering with me. He played the game and we sat down to watch it on his computer, he showed me Episode 1, then of course I had to see episode 2, he then showed me the clip of Fluttershy trolling Discord in the Season 2 premier so I watched that episode, and part 2 of it, then another episode, then another.

I agreed to a minimum of 15 min. and ended up watching 3 hours of a show I had been insulting earlier that day.

I'm 16 years old, weigh around 200lb, can bench that much, I'm probably going to be a starting offensive tackles on my high school team, and not once have I never looked back ;) <-Best pony btw

I was just finally talked into it, so aroud april 2012. I have one regret. Not trying it the first time it was recommended, I kind of scoffed but I was never a hater so. I guess I was neutral then I finally was talked into watching it. Changed my life.