Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP:FiM disappearing from Netflix - Ongoing discussion

SaburoDaimando

It's reasons like this why I fail to see the appeal of Netflix, but that's another topic for another time.

In any case It'd be a shame to lose MLP, but Hasbro needs Netflix more than the other way around.

• Brohoof 1

This news upset me greatly. I was so upset i jumped out of my 399th story window and did a sonic rainboom into the pavement bypassing the underworld to emerge from the other side only to overshoot my mark passed Hasbro's offices where I was going to tell them i'd give them my life savings to renew it but went too fast and ended up landing back onto my sofa where I watched an additional 4 episodees.

In all seriousness though, this is annoying. I watched it on Netflix every single morning since last year but I guess it's time to get cracking on those Blu Rays and DVD's

I'm not hearing anything about MLP going off Netflix. I know the site said available until the 19th now. You know, I think Netflix is just trolling bronies. At least they're trolling the right way instead of acting like some 12 year olds and calling names. (Or the same few names over and over again.) 

But if it does go off Netflix, there are other ways of watching it. 

• Brohoof 2

I don't think they're trolling, it's really quite simple.  Netflix is aware that Hasbro has A TON of family-friendly properties available to stream on their site at this point, which many of their users also happen to love, so obviously they have plenty of incentive to do what they can to continue to make these properties available to stream.  My guess is that they're still in the middle of last-minute negotiations with Hasbro in an attempt to renew the license.  They already extended the earlier February date when it was supposed to leave, so obviously they're still in talks.  Here's hoping they're able to work something out so that MLP stays on the site!

• Brohoof 1

It's kind of hilarious. Netflix keeps saying that It's going to disappear at a certain date, then when that day comes around, the time gets extended. Hey, I'm not complaining, though.

• Brohoof 1

sadly. the day I got Netflix is when I started to hear the rumors...

hey, at least I got equestria.tv :derp: 

• Brohoof 1

Just heard about this, dang this is terrible for me. I watch MLP on my phone all the time, ive seen every episode at least twice, but it never gets old to me. Been busy past few weeks at work and school, and now when i have free time i cant even watch it, man that sucks. Daily motion does have the episodes thankfully, guess ill be returning to that

As far as I can tell, all 4 seasons are still on Netflix, and there is no longer any date posted of when the show might leave.  Seems Netflix and Hasbro did manage to come to an agreement for extending MLP's stay there after all, yay!  :yay:

88e5cb516ac42725bff48af34cb6bf85c2bf031b

• Brohoof 3

They're not on UK Netflix sadly, only EqG which I have absolutely no intention of watching.

I did see that the first two season are available with a subscription to Amazon Prime in the UK, which is Amazon's version of Netflix.