Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask ShadOBabe (or ShadOZotl)

ShadOBabe

I like just about all music.

I mostly listen to pop, hiphop, and classic rock, but I listen to a little of everything.

I just don't like rock where they're screaming into the mic, and there's a lot of rap I don't like either.

post-18984-0-98404500-1399340807.gif oh can you name 7 of your favorite music?

oh can you name 7 of your favorite music?

My two favorite kinds of music? Or my two favorite songs?

My two favorite kinds of music right now is classic rock and hiphop.

My two favorite songs are hard to pick. I'll go with "Rock You Like a Hurricane" and "Rather Be".

My two favorite kinds of music? Or my two favorite songs?

My two favorite kinds of music right now is classic rock and hiphop.

My two favorite songs are hard to pick. I'll go with "Rock You Like a Hurricane" and "Rather Be".

post-18984-0-43211000-1399339235.gif nice! tell me about your favorite artist?

Where did you learn to draw, and if you were self taught what guide did you use? If you didn't have any sort of guidance I'm going to start assuming you're a god.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Where did you learn to draw, and if you were self taught what guide did you use? If you didn't have any sort of guidance I'm going to start assuming you're a god.

LOL!! No godhood here, just more than two decades of practice.

I've been drawing literally since I was able to hold a crayon, and never stopped.

I taught myself mostly and got truly serious about it in middle school. I've flipped through a few art books, and taken a few classes in school, but really most of what I've learned, I learned from looking at other people's art and taking notes and then experimenting until I got what I was looking for. Self critique really helps, and I look at my art with a bit of a critical eye, trying to catch what could be improved. But I try not to be TOO harsh. I've seen some people be SO critical of their creations that they just get angry and give up. You'll never get better if you do that.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

LOL!! No godhood here, just more than two decades of practice.

I've been drawing literally since I was able to hold a crayon, and never stopped.

There are art gods out there though. My dad is one. He never even graduated highschool or received proper lessons. He can draw literally anything with any tool. You have to see it to believe it, and even then I don't believe it. Neither do the people I shared his art with o-o Although with my art I just wanna be good enough to draw anime so I can draw people and make em' all happy about it so I can be happy about something. People go flippin' crazy seeing art in public cuz everyone always spends so much time doing random stuff like instagram and whatnot they see talent as like the best thing in the world. Hopefully I'll be good in a month or two, knowing I'm only focusing on one sort of thing shortens the time for learning down quite a bit.

• Brohoof 1

There are art gods out there though. My dad is one. He never even graduated highschool or received proper lessons. He can draw literally anything with any tool. You have to see it to believe it, and even then I don't believe it. Neither do the people I shared his art with o-o Although with my art I just wanna be good enough to draw anime so I can draw people and make em' all happy about it so I can be happy about something. People go flippin' crazy seeing art in public cuz everyone always spends so much time doing random stuff like instagram and whatnot they see talent as like the best thing in the world. Hopefully I'll be good in a month or two, knowing I'm only focusing on one sort of thing shortens the time for learning down quite a bit.

Heh, well I'm not THAT good. I'm not goo at, nor do I enjoy drawing realism for example.

And inanimate objects give me difficulty too. And I'm not a fan of messier mediums like charcoal and paint.

But I'm glad you still enjoy my art anyways!!

I definitely wish you luck in learning to draw anime. 83

• 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@@ShadOBabe,

Favourite childhood moment?

What's the oldest drawing you remember drawing?  

Favorite childhood moment is REALLY hard. But the oldest drawing I remember doing was this attempt to copy a drawing of a clown that one of my old relatives made for me. But the oldest one I have is from when I was seven...

bird_drawn_in_third_grade_by_shadobabe-d

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/7/2017 at 0:04 AM, Jaspers said:

On a scale of 1-10, how festive are you feeling? :oneheckofahat:

9! I wear a tophat and jingle bells to work, but I never put Christmas lights on my house, so I’m not ALL OUT festive!

HAH!

I HAVE HUNTED YOU DOWN TO YOUR VERY LAIR, VILE SMOL AHUIZOTL!!

YOUR THREAD SHALL BE DOUBLED IN SIZE BEFORE I AM THROUGH WITH YOU!!!

So, shall we make a start of it? :mustache:

To what extent are paperclips essential to your day-to-day life?

What do you normally keep in your pockets?

If you were building a house for you to live in 20 years in the future, what shape would you make the roof, and why?

What is the culture you would most like to live in, from any country in the world?

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Duality said:

HAH!

I HAVE HUNTED YOU DOWN TO YOUR VERY LAIR, VILE SMOL AHUIZOTL!!

YOUR THREAD SHALL BE DOUBLED IN SIZE BEFORE I AM THROUGH WITH YOU!!!

So, shall we make a start of it? :mustache:

To what extent are paperclips essential to your day-to-day life?

What do you normally keep in your pockets?

If you were building a house for you to live in 20 years in the future, what shape would you make the roof, and why?

What is the culture you would most like to live in, from any country in the world?

LOL!! Sounds fantastic!!

Well we use paper clips to hold the $1 bills in stacks of 20 at work! But that’s not ESSENTIAL for me. Makes my boss’ life easier though when they have to count the safe.

I normally keep my keys, cellphone, and credit card in my pockets.

My roof would look like this:

Stone-coated-steel-roofing-on-a-custom-d

Because it’s pretty!

I prefer the culture of the United States.

• Brohoof 2

40 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

I normally keep my keys, cellphone, and credit card in my pockets.

No lint?

HERESY

41 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

My roof would look like this:

Spoiler

Stone-coated-steel-roofing-on-a-custom-dStone-coated-steel-roofing-on-a-custom-d

Looks like someone 'borrowed' a few well-paperclipped bill stacks. . .

What is your favourite colour of rock?

What is your favourite musical instrument?

Plasma guns or rocket-propelled-grenade launchers?

What's your favourite animal?

3 hours ago, Snowflurry said:

French fries or tater babies?

Tater babies? Are those another name for tater tots? If so, then tater tots all the way!

2 hours ago, Duality said:

What is your favourite colour of rock?

What is your favourite musical instrument?

Plasma guns or rocket-propelled-grenade launchers?

What's your favourite animal?

Rubies are rocks, so red!

I like a bunch, but I might have to say the harp guitar!

Plasma guns, absolutely.

Right now my favorite animal is the kakapo.

• Brohoof 2