Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Shows Based On Video Games

Castle Bleck

The Pokemon anime is doubtlessly the best.

The Mario show and the Donkey Kong CGI show are guilty pleasures.

Captain N is... a mixed bag.

And the Zelda show is just complete s*** ("Well, excuuuuuuuuuse me, Princess!"?! Really?!).

• Brohoof 2

Did you know that all this time, I thought pokemon was a gam made out of a cool franchise, not the other way around?

It makes so much more sense now xD

But I never really got into the games, so I never bothered looking it up

Tied with the Pokemon anime, IMO.

I thought Digimon as an anime was far superior to Pokemon, though my 10 year old mind was dead set that you couldn't beat a Pokemon game. 

I was a Pokemon guru when I was a kid but my life revolved around Pokemon. 

Definitely agree on Pokemon being the best. With Mario and Sonic X being guilty pleasures

imo, F-Zero GP Legend was pretty underrated despite giving us the epic Falcon Punch scene.

The Tales of Symphonia Anime is disappointing imo, and I still need to watch Xenosaga, Bayonetta, and Devil May Cry

Earthworm Jim was pretty good. It understood how goofy it's source material was and ran with it. Dan Castlenetta is great though. I'm one of the few who actually likes his version of The Genie. He has such zeal in every performance he gives and he made Jim work.

I have a fondness for the Zelda cartoon even if it was really moronic. Loved Ganon in that. How he teleported around his lair constantly for no reason other than "He does it in the game". It's hilarious.

• Brohoof 1

I remember there were two shows based off Classic and Battle Network Megaman respectively. The latter deviated from the games at just about every turn and essentially turned into a Henshin Hero series where the main characters would just don the armor and abilities of the net navis in a virtual world.

And all I know about the Classic one is Pharohman throws a mean right hook.  

I used to watch a bit of Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog and The Super Mario Bros. Super Show when I was really young. But I don't really remember much of them. And I remember Sonic X and Kirby Right Back At Ya being on but I never really watched them. I remember finding the Zelda show online like over 10 years (before YouTube existed and watching videos online was easy) and I watched the first minute of the first episode and I hated it.