Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Video Game Nostalgia thread

supernova141

There is the Mario series including Super Mario World, Mario Kart DS, Sunshine, 64, Donkey Kong Country series, Sonic 1,2,3 Adventure, Heroes, Pokémon series, Humongous Entertainment, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Spongebob Movie Game, Kingdom Hearts are some games I remember from my childhood.

• Brohoof 1

I still need to play that game :/

img-3458586-1-maxresdefault.jpg

This here though is my nostalgia

Oh man i borrowed that so many time as a kid. Ever since after Ocarina of Time i feel Nintendo sorta tries to be less medieval with their games. But man was those Zelda games great ^^

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

DAYYYYTONA!!! this is one of my favourites, you don't get games with the same Charisma as this game anymore. Back in the day it was the highest grossing arcade game of the 90s. I grew up with this game. The bonuses on the tracks, the drifting, even the skill needed to go through the levels. If you went to an arcade, and even now. You'll see a Daytona cabinet. 

And then there is 

They need to at least make Tomb Raider games in this fashion without using the level editor. I mean, make a dedicated Xbox One version of the TR1-5 engine. The bosses are awesome, I must admit. You just don't get games like Tomb Raider, Sega Rally, Daytona, Dino Crisis, Ridge Racer, or even Bug anymore. I mean, I wish they could do a crowdfunding campaign for Bug Three.

This is a real example of a brilliant Western Racing game. It practically screams Ridge Racer and Daytona.

I also grew up with GTAIII, which was awesome.

and CRAAAZY TAXI!!! YA YA YA YA YA!!!

And finally, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1. With Goldfinger, Superman, going through that warehouse was awesome!!!

Edited by ScarfaceOne
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got into gaming pretty late, so this was the first game I ever played...

It's not my favourite game, yet, I don't think I was ever as immersed in a game, as I was with this... the ending affected me in a way only one other game has managed to do to me. :( Sometimes, I like to listen to the full OST for it... the feels have never worn off. 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...

Man, there are lots of games on consoles I have nostalgia for, but my earliest memories of playing video games was some of the stuff we had on our old computer back in the day.

• Brohoof 1

Probably the game I have the most nostalgia for is Pokémon Diamond. It took up so much of my time from the time I was about 9 or 10 until I was around 14. I beat the Elite Four forty times in that game, and almost swept it with a Dusknoir (take that Smogon). Another big part of it is the music. 

No game has given me more reason to yearn for the good old days of the (admittedly poorly designed) Nintendo DS.

• Brohoof 1

The main ones for me are the Sly Cooper series (The Thievius Racconus, Band of Thieves, and Honour Among Thieves)

Others (all originally on Ps2) include-

Ratchet and Clank

Ratchet and Clank - Going Commando

Ratchet and Clank 3

Ratchet and Clank - Gladiator

Ty the Tasmanian Tiger

Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2

Jak & Daxter

Spyro - Enter the Dragonfly

Spider-Man 2

I have a lot of good memories playing these games.