Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Season 5 Trailer

Alex Z

That looks like Rainbow Dash has also been brainwashed to smile and comply like the other ponies in the village.

This may mean it'll be on a single character to make the definite blow to defeat the villain (Twilight?).

Edited by WriteCodes46

Well, every opener so far has been a 2 parter, so I'm guessing this will be too.  In another post I predicted that it would be a "Harrison Bergeron" type deal.  In the words of Animal Farm  "All are equal.  Some are more equal than others"

This is either going to be the best season yet or the day they "jump the shark".  So, here's hoping for the best.

• Brohoof 1

That looks like Rainbow Dash has also been brainwashed to smile and comply like the other ponies in the village.

This may mean it'll be on a single character to make the definite blow to defeat the villain (Twilight?).

From the looks of it Twilight loses her cutie mark as well

Would be funny if spike or the CMC saves the day due to their lack of cutie marks.

Edited by GrifCannon
  • Brohoof 2

I just hope they don't get too political with that episode. Making fun of left wing by picking up the biggest extremes like "equalists with no dreams and emotions" is like making an episode about right wing and create a setting were mean elitist monopoly ponies are cutting down trees, destroying wild life and enslaving poor common people in their corporations.

Is it just me or does the villain kind of look like a pony version of Aria?

I've seen many people saying that, but to me she's different (especially the color of her coat).

Most interesting.. Am I the only one seriously creeped the hay out by the smiling ponies? And the equality cutie marks? Can't imagine MLP getting all political, just doesn't seem the style. This is gonna be a good two-parter episode I think, looking forward to it!

My favorite thing about the trailer is that one of my favorite short stories and authors is has been referenced as a possible inspiration (no not Orwell).

I'm hoping that they don't get the Cutie Marks back at the end of the premier.

And the new antagonist - I wonder if she ever won a Tony? ;)

My favorite thing about the trailer is that one of my favorite short stories and authors is has been referenced as a possible inspiration (no not Orwell).

I'm hoping that they don't get the Cutie Marks back at the end of the premier.

And the new antagonist - I wonder if she ever won a Tony? ;)

You probably think about Lena Hall being the villain, right? If that's true, there is no excuse why she shouldn't have a Disneyesque villain song.

I just hope they don't get too political with that episode. Making fun of left wing by picking up the biggest extremes like "equalists with no dreams and emotions" is like making an episode about right wing and create a setting were mean elitist monopoly ponies are cutting down trees, destroying wild life and enslaving poor common people in their corporations.

If it's portraying that, then I think it's safe to assume that it's focus is not on politics and instead on philosophy. Even the most radical left wingers don't seem to want a society like that. As for the morals of the story, it'll probably relate to individualism and liberalism, which are concepts that lefties embrace as well as righties. So in the end everybody wins except fascists and authoritarians :)

theory time: i think the villain can be a dude who stole the cutie mark for uniform all ponies. Maybe she/he think who the differences create sadness and only the equality create happiness, you know if i'm if im are equal to other i can't be worse or better. But this is just a theory

theory time: i think the villain can be a dude who stole the cutie mark for uniform all ponies. Maybe she/he think who the differences create sadness and only the equality create happiness, you know if i'm if im are equal to other i can't be worse or better. But this is just a theory

That's a very nice theory, i would like to subscribe to your newsletter. ;)

What i also wonder is, if the smiling ponies in this town are brainwashed to act happy, or if they have a free will and are just too scared to say something different, because if they don't, something will happen, like torture.

• Brohoof 1

Is it just me or does the villain kind of look like a pony version of Aria?

I honestly thought the same thing when I first saw the trailer, also in response to Syndar's theory, I think that's a very interesting theory myself, it certainly seems like someone or something is behind the creepy smiling and the = cutie marks. Guess we'll have to wait and see!

We dont see the head pony of the equal village's cutie mark, I'm going to bet its a 〓 too, although they may have not showed us her cutiemark on purpose in this trailer because it might be different!

I'm hoping that this is a pony who thinks shes doing the right thing, just because so far all our villains so far have been all "MWAHAHA, I'm evil!".

Edited by Zoraxe

Today I had some more thoughts about this mysterious society and the idea of individualism with regards to the trailer. If you're interested, I explain exactly what I mean right here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rQ3sxX_u10

1:26 Look who took something from my notebook.

What i really liked was Kirks line that he said to Landrew. He said: "Without freedom of choice, there is no creativity and without creativity there is no life."

Don't worry, i am not mad at you. I really like to listen to your stuff. ;)

Edited by Hypnosparkle
  • Brohoof 1

Indeed, however your version of the quote was slightly off so you lose 20% of the credit ;)

Oooooooh, yes you're right. Very smart of you. :twi:

• Brohoof 1

1:26 Look who took something from my notebook.

Don't worry, i am not mad at you. I really like to listen to your stuff. ;)

Oops I totally missed this part :lol:

Thanks a lot! Stay tuned, cuz more stuff is coming :)