Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Favorite Drummer(s)?

Cosmik Vek

So In this thread tell us who is your favorite drummer, or favorite drummers!

As for myself my favorite drummer is George Kollias from the Technical Brutal Death Metal band Nile

He is very good at it and he can blastbeats really fast, but in a great technique and he does look very confortable in his style of playing the instrument. Also, he is really good with double pedals.

To prove his good techniques here's a video showing how much great he is at the instrument:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqzZmNqdWck

Other favorite drummers:  Dave Lombardo (Slayer), Tom Hunting (Exodus), Gene Hoglan (Testament, Dark Angel, Death, Strapping Young Lad, Dethklok)

• Brohoof 3

I'm not much of a musician/music fan, sadly, so I don't really know drummers very well.

However, my mother was pretty big into bands of her generation, and just being around her, I got a little bit familiar with some of her favorites. There was this one dude in particular that I found a lot of respect for.

Reconfirming his name: Richard Allen

Played for Def Leppard. Wikipedia has this to say about him: "He overcame the amputation of his left arm in 1985 and continued to play with the band, which subsequently went on to its most commercially successful phase. He is known as "The Thunder God" by fans."

Well, it's hard for me to really pick out drummers, but if I had to choose one, the first that would come to mind is Alex Holzwarth; drummer for Rhapsody of Fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAPHnC9wDI0

-Dave Mcclain from Machine Head & formerly of Sacred Reich. Very underrated drummer. Met him last week. Cool dude. 

-Raymond Herrera formerly of Fear Factory. Very fast paced, technical stuff. 

-Chris Adler from Lamb Of God. Won a few awards for his drumming. 

-Charlie Benante of Anthrax & Stormtroopers Of Death. Multi-instrumental guy, a dude who Bill Ward of Black Sabbath says is one of the greatest of all time and for my money the best drummer of the big four of Thrash Metal. 

http://youtu.be/ytW2xB8EcsQ

Keith Moon, Neil Peart.

Chris Slade is also vastly under appreciated, so glad to see him back with AC/DC on the next tour.

Even if I don't care for them, dude deserves it.

Chad Smith, Dave Grohl, Joey Jordison, George Kollias, Tomas Haake, Buddy Rich (favourite of all time), Travis Barker, Aaron Kitcher and Paul Mazurkiewicz. There's more, but those are just from the top of my head.

Dave Grohl is love, Dave Grohl is life <3 A couple of my other favorites are Taylor Hawkins, Matt Cameron and Maya Tuttle.

What's this? Have I found another Foo Fighters fan?  :yay:  I think my signature kinda gives away my obsession with them :P

Have to agree with Frostgage here, Dave Grohl is an incredible drummer. Taylor Hawkins as well, the drummer of Foo Fighters. Such a great band.

Edited by Raritas
  • Brohoof 1