Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Help me become Horse Famous!

Kamii

You can't imagine how strange it is to ask somepony to help me with something I can do, but here goes.
Hiya everypony! My name's Okamii (or Ana or whatever...). I'm a teen and my life has turned upside down in a blink of an eye.

One moment, I'm living my life, all fine and dandy, without a care in the world. Then, out of nowhere, my mom gets so sick she has to go to an hospital for a surgery, spends weeks at home without being able to go to work and, pretty much some time after the surgery, she finds out she has a tumor. She is going to be operated, yet again, sometime this month.
Now don't fret. We still don't know if it is cancerous or not, but after all this, my mother has lost her job. We lost about 40% of our income.

We were already pretty poor, so you can imagine what's happening right now. After paying the monthly bills and food, we have nothing else to waste. Imagine if we had to buy something urgently, or our dog gets sick.

Due to the fact that I'm less than 18 years old, nopony wants to give me a job.

So I thought to myself: What a better time than now to try and fulfill something I've been wanting to do for a while?
This is where you come in. I'd like to ask any of you to help me by making some vectors of my OC so I can use in videos. Yes, I wanna become "horse famous", so to say. I don't expect to be all that good, but I have to try to do something. All I need is your help.
Make vectors of her happy, sad, whatever! I'm not very picky.
Below you have fast drawn pics of her. Paint her however you feel like, as long as she's mainly brown.
Have in mind, I can't pay due to the facts listed above.
Also, I can't draw the vectors myself because my iPad pen broke and I simply am not able to draw with my fingers...
Would you help me in my time of need? I'd deeply apreciate it! Thank you everypony!

Honestly, making videos would take you forever to actually make any money, unless youtube was suddenly taken over by bronies. And im pretty sure it's like only $1 per 1000 views.

Have you tried finding a job like a paper round? You can get them here at the age of 13.

(edited)

@
Yeah, I know it won't work, but I can't help but try. It's also something I've been wanting to do for a while.
Also, I had in mind making money through Patreon where patrons pay for every video or per month.

There's no paper rounds here... There's only apartments. And even then, delivering mails and stuff is for people over 18.

Edited by xOkamii

Babysit then or walk dogs, wash cars, mow lawns? Back when I was a teen, I did odd jobs here and there for money. Babysitting for example made me a fortune, since good babysitters were always in demand. It's very unlikely that you'll make money on youtube, especially using artwork made by somepony else. On another site, someone I chat to makes pony plushes out of scrap material and sells them on Deviantart. Even if you're not as handy with a needle, it's still something you can do.

@

Yeah, I know it won't work, but I can't help but try. It's also something I've been wanting to do for a while.

Also, I had in mind making money through Patreon where patrons pay for every video or per month.

There's no paper rounds here... There's only apartments. And even then, delivering mails and stuff is for people over 18.

It never hurts to try.

Becoming a famous person or "horse famous" in this fandom is a difficult feat to accomplish. I guess it really depends on what kind of videos you're going to make and how you inject your own personal ideas/twist into the content to make it original. Making money through Youtube is a difficult process that might not work out in the end.

Also, Patreon only works well when a creator has an established fan base.

Since you're in a dire situation, it would be better to find a job around where you live to start making some kind of money. There are options out there for younger teens, you just have to ask around.

@@Pripyat Pony
I can't tolerate kids, nobody pays people to walk their dogs over here. Washing cars = over 18. No lawns. I know it seems like I'm avoiding working at all circumstances, but I speak the truth. The unemployement here is way high and no one is willing to pay or employ someone who isn't even an adult yet.
I'd make videos like reviews of episodes and so on, whatever the viewers would want.
Thanks for the advice though, I apreciate it.

Guys, if she wants to do this let her. She's asking for help, not opinions. Plus she doesn't live in the US, she lives in Portugal. It's a lot different there, and not nearly as easy to find a job. Even if you think that is won't do anything, let her try. She didn't post this so everyone could tell her she couldn't do it,she posted it so she could get help trying to.

if you really want to make money via youtube, i´d recommend just starting a gaming channel, and streaming on twitch.tv regularly.

If you do that, chances are you´ll be able to do it as a full-time job after a few years.

even then, it might take you a while, though.

you can try to market yourself as a brony youtuber or whatever, which will get you some fans as a start, but you are not going to make enough money to do it as a full-time job by that alone.there have been thousands of people who have done reviews of the episodes, that market is pretty saturated, sorry to say that.

You will need to do something that hasn´t been done before(or just do it better than everyone else), or just something not related to MLP- stuff.

Hopefully this will help you.I don´t mean to discourage, but rather not let you go down the wrong direction.

@
I was planning on being my cheerful self. I'm a very weird person and was hoping to be able to make it by doing just that, being myself. My viewers could pick what I could do, by requesting the ideas to me.

@@KokuraiNoSenshi
Koku, thanks. But I really do apreciate their advice. I still haven't given up on this idea. I do want to try if somepony is willing to help out. I forgot to say, I'd always mention the creator of the vectors in my videos either visually or vocally. And only now I realized I forgot to say that I live in Europe... Oops... Am I gay or european, right you guys? *sobbing inside*

@@Sceethe
I considered that idea too, but I don't have the money to afford cameras or anything of the sort to record the game or myself. After all, I love me some videogames! Thanks for helping me see that it'll be hard and might not work in the end. I could review videogames, brony videogames probably. I just had to use someone else's recordings of the game though... Anypony has any ideas of what I could do to stand out? And thank you, you were very nice to just answer at all.

@

I was planning on being my cheerful self. I'm a very weird person and was hoping to be able to make it by doing just that, being myself. My viewers could pick what I could do, by requesting the ideas to me.

Being yourself will bring out the uniqueness in your content. Uniqueness is a topic I like to emphasize to young, aspiring Youtubers.

When you start out, it's alright to research other creators' content. This gives you an idea on how you want your videos to play out. It's similar to artists; sometimes you have to use a certain style before you start to adapt your own.

You have to start somewhere.

Getting ideas from viewers is a good idea as well as staying connected. It establishes that connection between viewer and creator, making your viewers feel like you sincerely listen to their ideas and help them feel appreciated.

Don't forget to make your own content along the way with the requests.

Hopefully my comment helped with some of your questions about Youtube. Also, I hope your mother gets well.

@

I like to see that you get where I'm going with this. Also, I've been following a bunch of reviewers for a while, such as Silver Quil (my favorite), Digibro, AnYPony, TBBBAP, KP and so on... I was planning to start out with a nice easy formula like Digibro's reviews, with a touch of my amazing skills. I've edited PMVs and other stuff before, so I'm not completely new to youtube. I'd like to, in time, establish a video per week or something like that, like Pewdiepie used to do with Fridays with Pewdiepie, a moment to interact with viewers by reading coments and answering questions. Your comment helped me a whole lot, you won't believe! And thanks, I do hope so aswell...

@
Eeyup. If I get to even start it... Nopony's offered to help me out yet. Not that I would think somepony would help me, but can't do much without a visual reference. I shall post here my account if I do end up being able to start it off. I hope ya'll enjoy it though. I'd thank all of you!

I can make vectors. They will take a while though. Takes me about 3 hours to do one properly and I can only really do pony related stuff on the laptop at night :/. Not allowed it in my room. So I'll try and help.

Also it's quarter to ten right now so I can't really start one off. Tomorrow night I can though.

@
Could you show me one of your works, if you don't mind? Again, I'm not picky, I'd just like to see it. I'd wait however long it took you to make the vectors! Same time here as well, thank you so much for offering! I can't thank you enough!

I understand what you want to try, and I'm willing to help you with the art if I'm good enough to do the job.

However, I'd need a color scheme on your pony to make it work, since I assume you want her in colors?  :D

We can PM about more details, if you'd like.

@@darkwingmare
Could you please show me some of your art? I'd really like to check it out, I'm curious. Thank you so much for offering! And yeah, I want her in colors. I wanted her in brownish colors. Her hooves would be black and her eyes hazel, but that's pretty much all of the color scheme I've got figured out. And sure, let's PM.

@
Oh my god! Those are awesome! Now, since I understand that it takes you a really long time, I'm gonna check in with darkwingmare first, and I'll tell ya if you have to bother yourself with so much work. But thank you so much! You are really talented!

(edited)

@

No problem! I really mean it! Do you mind if I ask how many poses you'd be able to do for mah pony in, for example 2 days? They don't have to change much between them. Only some tweeks on the eyes and mouths and I think that'll work.

Edited by xOkamii

(edited)

If it's literal slight changes as in mouth a little more open/ closed and eyes moving slightly that wouldn't be too difficult. Making a completely different pose would take a while. For the slight changes I could just copy the original image that I make and make tweaks to it. Then keep doing that.

And actually I could probably get a bit done tomorrow morning.

Just pm me with all the stuff you want/ different poses and I'll get started tomorrow morning :P. I'm going to sleep now so I don't feel dead XD.

Edited by NuclearBurg

@

That's what I inicially thought... I'd rather have some nice a bit different poses than 1 or 2 unique ones. To start off, that would be awesome thank you! If you can, that would amazing! I think I'm gonna pick you as my vector artist. Darkwingmare is awesome too, just a bit more difficult to reach out to. We have the same timezone, which could help. I'm gonna PM you as soon as I can! And good night! Thank you so very much!

Well, I can't help with art, but perhaps I could offer a bit of advice. I don't know if you can make anything that could be sold, but sites like Etsy and Deviantart would allow you to sell any product you might be able to make, and you can advertise your shop on the forum and perhaps also on your youtube channel. If you can't make things, I also know of someone who would find especially nice items in thrift stores and sell them for a profit on etsy, and someone else who collects and cleans natural items like feathers and animal bones to sell (though that second one has some rules to it that you'd want to read up on first). There are a lot of options when it comes to online stores, and something like that might be a good option for you if you're looking to make money :)

Honestly, making videos would take you forever to actually make any money, unless youtube was suddenly taken over by bronies. And im pretty sure it's like only $1 per 1000 views.

Have you tried finding a job like a paper round? You can get them here at the age of 13.

I've got 13,000 views this week, made like a dollar.