Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So, you get to Equestria and.....

Tetrakemy

Not only does none of the mane six even know each other, no ponies personality matches up from the show or voices. 

Pinkie pie and rarity are both quite devout Christian Fundi's who's life revolves around their church and working. 

Half of the mane six have kids and families at a rather younger age then normal. Lets make that Rainbow Dash, pinkie and fluttershy. 

Magic is exaggerated and does not actually exist like it does in our t.v show. Cutie marks are cultural tattoo's that are chosen at a young age based on what the child sees on a "vision quest" like Indians have. 

Finally, no one randomly sings in public. 

What do you do? 

lo..but yeah! what IF that pony universe existed but, what if they are all just normal like all of us is? lol. I think that would be the biggest damper on the going to equestria ever! at least a grimdark of horror based land can be saved somehow. This.....just no fixing it loll. 

(edited)

So, what you are saying is that I get there and discover that it is a realistic world like ours, but looks like the cartoon world we see?

My response: "phew! Now on to discover this world. I need to see what makes it tick. I would get to discover whole new and foreign (to me) cultures and meet many new ponies."

Count me in!

Edit: also digging the vision quest thing. That would be an awesome episode idea for a CMC based ep. It makes so much sense on so many levels. It needs to be in some fanfics!

Edited by GreatAndPowerfulKaty

firstly, I reeeeeeeaaaaaalllllly doubt that Christianity would exist in equestria.  What are the odds that there would have been a pony counterpart to Jesus??????

secondly, when it comes to "magic" in the show, my view is that it's some kind of energy that doesn't exist in our world.  Maybe it's even a fifth force of nature (like electromagnatism for example).  It might be a little exagerated, but I don't see why magic couldn't exist in equestria.  It is an alternate universe after all.

other then that, the other points, admitedly, do sound pretty plausible.  I can't really see rainbow dash having settling down with a family, especially only at only age 21 (according to the number of candles on her cake in Pinky Pride) but the rest doesn't seem too far fetched.

by the way, my reaction would be something like this.

"NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!  THIS IS TERRIBLE!!!!!!  WHY DID THIS HAVE TO HAPPEN??????  OH GOD!!!!  WHY WHY WHY??????  WHY MUST LIFE BE SO CRUEL???????????????? 

• Brohoof 1

Why the negativity? Yeah, so it wouldn't be exactly like the show, but it would be an entirely NEW world to explore! Has Anypony here ever had the opportunity to explore a completely foreign world? No.

My 2 bits.

• Brohoof 2

Why the negativity? Yeah, so it wouldn't be exactly like the show, but it would be an entirely NEW world to explore! Has Anypony here ever had the opportunity to explore a completely foreign world? No.

My 2 bits.

It just wouldn't be right to us, seeing that would be the worst thing possible.

It just wouldn't be right to us, seeing that would be the worst thing possible.

I understand. It would not be ideal. I love the mlp universe as is presented! I would be heart broken if the OPs conditions were true. But outside of my love of this idealized equestria, it would still be a whole new world to explore. You would literally be an astronaut who makes first contact with another intelligent species! I cannot imagine that would be a horrid affair! Screw Armstrong! He collected rocks... Meh.

And yes, I would truly be heartbroken... (where is MY Fluttershy!?)

• Brohoof 1

meh, I'd still go for it. If anything, I'd act like the ponies do in MLP, they'd see a human and be like "What IS this creature who prances about always happy to be alive?"

In other words I'd become to the ponies what ponies are to us. Who knows, there might be a "My Little Human" toy line started in Equestria because of me :P

Christian fundies? So they have an equine equivalent to a demigod that resurrected after 3 days? Well Egypt did it first, so it shouldn't' surprise me. Unless it's actual human Jesus, then I'd be baffled as to why horses reviere a 2000 year old middle eastern human whose teachings are suspiciously similar to buddhism. 

I'd still hang around. It's cute, talking, intelligent Equines. What's not to like? It'd still be an interesting cultural experience. I'd be like going to another country and living amongst a unique culture. Maybe I'll get my cutie mark. Vision quests sound cool. I'm sure my ancestors had boatloads of fun with them. 

What are the odds that there would have been a pony counterpart to Jesus??????

Well, there was this one.  Does that count?

tsj8R.jpg

:lol:

But if I ended up in the OP's Equestria, I'd figure it's just part of an episode like MMC where everypony's memories and/or identities have been screwed up, and I would proceed to find a way to fix it.  Maybe I'd start with the Castle of the Sisters Library.

• Brohoof 1

I'll explore the area like I usually do with areas I have yet to visit. But if Pinkie Pie and Rarity keep coming up to me and try to indoctrinate me and end up using force after me saying no a lot, then I'll run away fast and play "Kickstart My Heart" on my iPhone and turn the volume up loud while wearing my earphones.

(edited)

Well, there was this one.  Does that count?

img-3548185-1-tsj8R.jpg

:lol:

But if I ended up in the OP's Equestria, I'd figure it's just part of an episode like MMC where everypony's memories and/or identities have been screwed up, and I would proceed to find a way to fix it.  Maybe I'd start with the Castle of the Sisters Library.

I'm sorry but no, that doesn't count.

Edited by Serenade

I'd likely just explore the world until I find an area that I would feel most comfortable with. Might as well make the best out of such a situation. ;)

Pinkie pie and rarity are both quite devout Christian Fundi's who's life revolves around their church and working.

This is quite possibly the worst thing I could imagine encountering in Equestria.  I've had some experience with that sort of thing and I've lost friends because of it.  I saw people who were my friends slowly lose themselves and begin to disregard anything or anyone that doesn't fit into their given model.  To see that happen to Pinkie Pie...it hurts just to think about it.