Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ideas for plot of 100th episode?

1Bit

The more I hear about S5, the more curious I get. To have an episode starring purely background ponies and the mane 6 completely out of the picture. Surely we must have an episode beforehand explaining why they are not present and even after that, what kind of story could the background characters even have? It's the first time I've been well and truly clueless. Unless it is sticking in with the theme of cutie mark magic (which would make sense)

What do you all think the episode will be about?

Have you ever heard about the simpsons episode "22 short films about Springfield?"

I kind of hope that it's a bit like this. Every background pony becomes a little focus, telling a little story in about a minute and every brony will be happy that his favorite got a little screentime.

That's what i think will happen.

• Brohoof 5

Vinyl is planning a huge rave to honor Princess Twilight, and is going all over Ponyville putting up posters. Various ponies will discuss plans for attending. Unknown to all, Twilight and her friends will be out of town that day, sorting out the village where ponies gave up their cutie marks. . 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Flash Sentry comes to Ponyville and everypony becomes infatuated with his perfection as he steals all the waifus. Every single one!

I mean just a cute little slice of life episode filled with some fun easter eggs and fandom nods as a bunch of different background ponies go around their everyday lives and in mini plots that loosely connect and or end up connecting in the end.  And something or another to show celebration of the show's 100 episode. (Maybe mentioning the number 100 in some capacity or having some sort of party be in the episode or something to that extent.)

Edited by cmarston1

Wedding between Cranky and Matilda where the various players of the episode interact with each other, potentially talking about the Mane 6 who are noticeably absent due to Magic Castle summons for good and for bad.  Also present is the finale villain, slowly building their character as well as gathering info on their future enemy.

Something that just came to mind is the fact the smooze is apparently in S5 and there's been short animatics with him in a party. I wonder if that might be part of the 100th episode? Smooze making a smooth cameo would be a spectacle to behold  :P

Mane 6 are out of town for the day where they're in that village from the season 5 opener.

Discord goes around causing trouble, and the background ponies have to stop him from ruining anything while the mane 6 are away.

Or the episode shows what the background ponies do while the mane 6 are away, just going about their lives in a slice-of-life type episode.

I would like an update on the Cakes Fillies...I know im the only one.

Also, more of Raritys Family is always good for a chuckle. Gotta love the "ol Minnesotan accent" and the cringing of there eldest Daughter.

And, i SUPPOSE what all the fans want Octavia talking more. (dont get her appeal, then again I did read a fan fiction with her and Ra-ra being "high class friends stuck in ponyville" which was a great read)

Naturally the Derp :whispers: How about some Cannon of her REALLY being the Mail Mare..cough?

And if this episode airs with NO tongue in cheek jokes about Lyra and Bonbon, I call fraud.

Sidebar: Does anyone else miss Bulk Biceps, I do! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Have you ever heard about the simpsons episode "22 short films about Springfield?"

I kind of hope that it's a bit like this. Every background pony becomes a little focus, telling a little story in about a minute and every brony will be happy that his favorite got a little screentime.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it will be exactly like 22 short films too.

And there's a rumor that the mane 6 won't appear in this episode. :huh:

That was my thought as well. Brief, 2-3 minute segments focusing on one or more background characters. Maybe the setting could be at some kind of carnival like in the comics involving Big Mac or just be popping randomly around Ponyville.

1. Don't make there personality's exactly like the fandom portrays them in fan works e.g. 'DJpon3 is call and upbeat because she's a DJ duh'

2. Don't base there personality's on stereotypes like if Octavia is uptight and self conscious because she might live in Cantalot.

3. Make every character have there own unique flaws and likable characteristic's

This is the 100th episode. If they're going to celebrate by giving us something different this one time, I don't see why not.

Even if there's little-to-no plot, it's just this one time. I wouldn't mind, and I'd enjoy the episode anyway.