Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Forums Annual Awards (Not official - for fun)

Lightning Dash

First I want to state two things before we begin this. The first is I did actually ask an Admin if it was okay to do this just to make sure.

The second thing is, this is not official, this is just for fun so don't get confused; it's not official Poniverse awards, just something I decided to do. That said, here we go

So, you're probably wondering what the reason was and why I decided to do this? I was actually inspired by The Show Stopper episode and I've always wanted to try my hoof at pixel art and do the awards from the show. I did and they looked so neat, I thought they'd look pretty sweet on the forums. Then came the idea about holding awards on the forums.

So here I am. You may even notice 3 of the award medals are pretty must the same ones from that show; I just created pixel versions of them.

How this will work:

First it will be nominations which will be done by simply making a post with who you're nominating. Then after a week the nominations will be closed and a poll will be attached to this topic for voting. Pretty simple.

Guidelines/Information:

• You may nominate up to 3 different members for each award (You don't have to nominate 3 members per award, you can nominate 2 or just 1 if you want). This is for two reasons:
  • Some may feel more than one member is liable for a certain award.
  • So more nominations can be made. The limit of 3 nominations per award is there so you don't over do it by nominating half the forums for a single reward.
  • You cannot nominate yourself. If you do, it will not be added to that/those award categories unless a different member has nominated you for them. This is to avoid cheating.
  • Same thing goes for voting for yourself. Although you can do it, the poll will be made public so your name will appear on the voting list if you are to vote for yourself. If you do vote for yourself, it won't be counted. Again, to avoid cheating.
  • Nominations will be open for 2 whole weeks starting from now (Closes on the 26th March).
  • Voting will also run for 2 weeks once opened. After that it will all get added up and the winners will be announced.
  • The awards are based in 2014 as it's just gone, not exactly for 2015 hence "Annual Awards 2015".
  • When making your nominations, post the award name and the member you're nominating for it. It would help if you linked the members name to their profile as name changes can be made.
  • You may edit your nominations at any time up until the closing date.
  • You can also change your vote up until the voting closes.
  • For the 'Topic Of The Year' award, it must be a topic created in 2014 in order to get nominated. Don't forget to link it in your post when nominating.
The awards:

- Member Of The Year: For an all-round contributor that always makes great contributions around the forums as well as always being helpful to other members.

- Most Helpful: For members that help others and make useful posts.

- Best Poster: For members that always make great and worthy posts.

- Most Awesome Member: Given to those who are generally and undeniably, awesome and well respected throughout.

- Biggest Joker: For the funniest members that always make funny posts.

- Best Artist: For those that always produce the finest works of art.

- Best Debater: For regular debaters that always make the best debates and express their opinions and views to the fullest.

- Best Roleplayer: For the finest regular roleplayer.

- Biggest Brohoof Whore: Members that whine about getting brohoof's and desire as many as possible; You deserve this one.

- Topic Of The Year: For best topic.

Staff Awards:

- Best Administrator

- Best Moderator

- Best Area Moderator

Remember, this is not official, just for fun even if there are only 5 different awards for now. Even though it is for fun, it's nice to have some seriousness in it so the nominations and awards are more legitimate :P

Nominate away!

PS. I will not be making any nominations nor will I be voting due to being the host for the awards.

Edited by Lightning Dash
  • Brohoof 10

Member Of The Year: me

Most Helpful: me

Best Poster: me

Most Awesome Member: me

Biggest Joker: me

:3

Anywayyyys,let's see what can I manage to say...

Member Of The Year: @ooBrony,the all-around best member :3

Most Helpful: @Jeric,an easy one :3

Best Poster: Tricky one,tricky one... always has an opinion on every topic,and it's well written,so that's what we want,right...? O:

Most Awesome Member: @Artemis.Another really easy one :3

Biggest Joker: beats me to it at times (but not ALL the time) :3

• Brohoof 4

Mmmh, the Member Of The Year award seems like a combination of the other awards... :/

For me,it's more like a Jack of all trades award. Good at everything,but the master of nothing l:
  • Brohoof 3

- Member Of The Year: For an all-round contributor that always makes great contributions around the forums as well as always being helpful to other members.   - Most Helpful: For members that help others and make useful posts.   - Best Poster: For members that always make great and worthy posts.   - Most Awesome Member: Given to those who are generally and undeniably, awesome and well respected throughout.   - Biggest Joker: For the funniest members that always make funny posts.

- Member of the Year: @ooBrony and any of the below? :D

- Most Helpful: @Sugar Cuddles, @Admiral Regulus, @Pripyat Pony

- Best Poster: , @ghostfacekiller39,

- Most Awesome member: ,

- Biggest Joker: , @Lordav

These are my nominees. I don't post a lot on the forums, I usually just read what people write. These choices are mainly from what I've read of theirs and how some of them have interacted with me.

In my Opinion she made that Avatar fame. No offense but she's the rightful owner now. Not You. ._. <3

Wingnut did it before! .-.

But don't go offtopic,cakey,and nominate someone <3

• Brohoof 1

Wingnut did it before! .-.

But don't go offtopic,cakey,and nominate someone <3

I already did my nomination for the biggest upset possibly of 2015. :P But if you want more nominations... I'll nominate ChikoritaBrony for the No1 Shipper (let it burn...)

• Brohoof 2

Okay, then i will do my pics.

Member of the year: Easily oobrony. No one shows more dedication to this board, then this guy.

Most helpful: That's a bit tough for me, since i didn't need alot of help. But i think i also go with Jeric. He has this very helpful attitude. ;)

Best poster: Another tough one. But i go with Tailsisnotalone. I see him everywhere i go and his posts always good.

Most awesome member: Artemis. Just an all around great guy and someone who taught me, to appreciate fridays again. ;)

Biggest Joker: It's a tie between Sir Godot and the Professor. They are always in the forum games section and there posts are always funny.

Best member of all time: me. Come on, it's not rocket science.

• Brohoof 2

- Most Awesome member: , ,

Woo woo woo, hold your horses there. I feel priveleged and all, but don't you think it's a bit too much?

• Brohoof 1

- Biggest Joker: The Professor, Lordav

Really... Danke ^^

Since when am i a joker???

0.o

img-3569898-1-Vote%20for%20Joker%20Funny

I need to take advantage of this $$$

• Brohoof 1

DUMDUMDUMDUUUMM:

Member Of The Year: ,@@ooBrony... i mean... obviouisly?

Most Helpful: @@Jeric, well... he wanted to fix my profile after "The Great BB-code invasion"... he didnt do it cuz i fixed it... but intention counts <3

Best Poster: @@ghostfacekiller39@@Koukatsu*

Most Awesome member: @@Lightwing@*

Biggest Joker: @@

Optional

Best CTAMer: @, <--he counts a lot...

* Beware... or the illuminati's gonna come

• Brohoof 6

Woo woo woo, hold your horses there. I feel priveleged and all, but don't you think it's a bit too much?

Really... Danke ^^

Since when am i a joker???

0.o

img-3569898-1-Vote%20for%20Joker%20Funny

I need to take advantage of this $$$

Like I said, I don't actually interact with you so much as I just enjoy reading your posts. :)

And Lordav you must admit you bring some giggles to the Sunny fancave.

(edited)

Updates

Added a banner for the awards

New guidelines added:
  • You may edit your nominations at any time up until the closing date.
  • You can also change your votes up until the voting closes.
  • For the 'Topic Of The Year' award, it must be a topic created in 2014 in order to get nominated. Don't forget to link it in your post when nominating.
New awards added:
  • Best Artist
  • Best Debater
  • Best Roleplayer
  • Biggest Brohoof Whore
  • Topic Of The Year
Staff awards:
  • Best Administrator
  • Best Moderator
  • Best Area Moderator

Remember you can go back at any time up until the nominations close to re-edit your nominations :) Edited by Lightning Dash
  • Brohoof 1

This should be interesting. :D

Member Of The Year: @@Jeric,

Most Helpful: @@Simon,

Best Poster: @@Obsidian Sky, @@ghostfacekiller39, @@Woohoo, Gotta pick the three best contributors to the awesome fan club called the Rarity Fan Club.

Most Awesome Member: @@ooBrony,

Biggest Joker: @,

This seems like an interesting idea. Anyway, I'll enjoy not getting an award. :lol:

For another idea, you should do the best fan of each pony.

I second this idea! Edited by CC_Maud_Pie
  • Brohoof 2

This seems like an interesting idea. Anyway, I'll enjoy not getting an award. :lol:

For another idea, you should do the best fan of each pony.

I might add those once I've done the medals for them :) I've had to stop though due to a major 3d modeling project I'm doing. Thanks for the suggestion.

Also, don't forget the new awards. If there are no nominations for them, they can't get added to the voting poll ;)

• Brohoof 4