Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where's all the Forum Vets?

Finesthour

I'm still here, haven't gone anywhere. There are still plenty of the old-timers still hanging around, although some have left for a variety of reasons, and still some others decided to do something idiotic to get themselves banned when they could have just, you know... gone somewhere else.

Still plenty of us hanging around though, if you know where to look.

Seems pretty dumb for them to suddenly do that  :huh:

• Brohoof 1

First off, welcome back, @Finesthour. Secondly, I do believe some of the vets of your days still lurk here from time to time and some have even returned to have some more fun. Allot though most seemed to of moved on or have life dictating them, I'm sure. I cannot speak for them but It's always nice to see a few of the older members return for whatever reason. Here's hoping that you stay with us for a while longer. If you cannot, there's no sweat, though I'm sure you'll be missed.

Edited by Vemillia Nightshade
  • Brohoof 1

I've been around since the beginning of 2012, so I've been here a good while. It's kinda weird looking back because I can still remember the debacle about the chat section being shut down and the people that have left or either been banned. That and seeing people who I remember joining and now have several times more post than me.

• Brohoof 2

November 2013 joiner clocking in. Not really a "veteran" I suppose. But at the same time, being on the site for a year and a half (on a consistent basis) when the site is still fairly new (opened in Oct. 2011) sorta makes me a veteran I guess. I wasn't around for the opening years of the site, and I didn't become a brony until mid-2013.

I'm actually very interested in the history of the forums and its members. I love learning about the history of fandoms that I'm a part of, and the brony fandom is quite the peculiar one. Using the internet archives, I have gone back and viewed the forums from its early years and I must say, it's certainly seemed like a different site back then, both community and design wise. It's fascinating to see how it has progressed over time. Several features altered or completely axed, members jumping ship or getting banned, banners and site design changing... The tides are ever-changing. And I'm glad to be along with the ride as the boat floats

• Brohoof 6

Heh...

The humble Miles shows his prideful side in this post... 

First of all.  No.  I am not a veteran in the sense of time.  I don't wish to falsely classify myself as such because that kind of veteran holds a pedestal above me. 

*Screetch* What now?  Hehehhh, did Miles just admit to viewing MLPForums with a slight case of elitism?  

>_> Well... um... 

Maybe.   :yay: 

---

Let me defend myself here.  It's not actually elitism.  That would mean I would view others as lesser.  I don't do that.  I don't view members "without pedestal" as being lesser members.  We're all equally brethren here and I would never wish for anyone to think I would ever look down upon anyone. 

So how exactly can such a thing be, then?  

Technically, it's because I know that other people don't see things the way I do that allows me to think with the eyes that are about to explained.

---

I enjoy honoring other people whom I myself give honor, but don't expect others to follow.  

Knowing that most don't sense a sort of hierarchical system of members like I do, I defend myself by not expecting it or pushing it into others because that would make others think there is a "below" that opposes the "above" - inherently I am able to see an above without seeing a below.

So, why do I even see it the way I do?   :wacko: 

I... find enjoyment in honor.  It's sort of something that stems from being a country boy.  The way I see my system is essentially explaining, "I tip my hat to certain people."

And well, I do. (Ass kisser much?  *cough cough* woops, heh, yeah)...

So it's time I explain what the system in my head even abides by...

This thread served the purpose of defining the true, time veterans of the site.  That's one case of members I tip my hat.  

I'm actually very interested in the history of the forums and its members. I love learning about the history of fandoms that I'm a part of, and the brony fandom is quite the peculiar one. Using the internet archives, I have gone back and viewed the forums from its early years and I must say, it's certainly seemed like a different site back then, both community and design wise. It's fascinating to see how it has progressed over time. Several features altered or completely axed, members jumping ship or getting banned, banners and site design changing... The tides are ever-changing. And I'm glad to be along with the ride as the boat floats

:comeatus:  To everyone: he and I have done that together.  With a bit of help from the WayBack Machine - and a few nights of insomnia on my part, no thanks to my ever changing circadian rhythm via being a computer science major who inherently is nocturnal but is forced to be diurnal because of college - together we learned one great big deal about the forums.  So to speak, we know the beginnings without having been there in the beginning.  

We know the story how the site was formed.  We know what it looked like.  We know who the staff were at different times.  We've seen probably 99% of the banners ever used here.  

I guess you could say we're like archaeologists.  We've dug deep into the history with our tool, linked above, as well as even without it, just going through the very first several pages of threads.  

We've even seen the great amount of no longer active members.  Profile after profile of people who haven't been around in multiple years.  

Personally, I went through several entire members' status feeds, all the way from the beginning to now.  My favorite is Mailmare's.  Hehehe.

TeamRiverMiles, which is what Rivvy and I call our archaeological research team... (*cough* sorry mods) Have even gone to some dead threads of years past, threads that were the original of their own, with now there being different new threads of the same topic.  Did you all know that there's an original vending machine?  Lol.  (oops  :smug: )...  And who could forget that there used to be a public gallery, as well as a chat?  I bet they went well  :derp: ...

"We get it, move on!"

Alright alright, sorry.

Essentially, there are present time "lurkers", but there are also a few rebels who went and lurked where they shouldn't have, in the past.  That's TeamRiverMiles!  Hahahaha.

---

Back to my original point, and to conclude...

The hat tips I give are given under the table.  Actually not even that.  They aren't really even given.  I just have it in my head.  I know too much about this site.   :bedeyes: 

~ Miles

• Brohoof 6

We know the story how the site was formed. We know what it looked like. We know who the staff were at different times. We've seen probably 99% of the banners ever used here.

I guess you could say we're like archaeologists. We've dug deep into the history with our tool, linked above, as well as even without it, just going through the very first several pages of threads.

We've even seen the great amount of no longer active members. Profile after profile of people who haven't been around in multiple years.

Personally, I went through several entire members' status feeds, all the way from the beginning to now. My favorite is Mailmare's. Hehehe.

TeamRiverMiles, which is what Rivvy and I call our archaeological research team... (*cough* sorry mods) Have even gone to some dead threads of years past, threads that were the original of their own, with now there being different new threads of the same topic. Did you all know that there's an original vending machine? Lol. And who could forget that there used to be a public gallery, as well as a chat? I bet they went well...

This is a pretty pretty cool thing you have going. Do me a favor and don't look through any of my early statuses, god I was weird back then...

P.S. The chat most certainly did NOT go well, I pity the mods from those days.

Edited by HunterTSN
  • Brohoof 3

First off, welcome back, @Finesthour. Secondly, I do believe some of the vets of your days still lurk here from time to time and some have even returned to have some more fun. Allot though most seemed to of moved on or have life dictating them, I'm sure. I cannot speak for them but It's always nice to see a few of the older members return for whatever reason. Here's hoping that you stay with us for a while longer. If you cannot, there's no sweat, though I'm sure you'll be missed.

I'm not a brony anymore so there isn't much for me here, except for catching up with old friends and seeing how my old home is growing and such. it's always nice to see how the place is evolving from what it used to be.

I've been around since mid 2012. You're not alone pal. So many members have either been banned or left because they couldn't handling the changes and growth this community has experienced.

Not gonna lie, I know a lot of the guys who got banned for the fun of it. I was almost one of them, but I couldn't stand the thought of never being able to log in and say hello to my old home again.

It'll be a year for me in about a month, so I guess I'm not a vet.  I haven't been here since the good ol' days, but I can tell you that all the days I've been here have been good days.  The good new days.

I'm not saying goods aren't good here, they just aren't good for me :P

Seems pretty dumb for them to suddenly do that   :huh:

You'd be surprised the reasoning behind some of them. This place used to be a HUGE drama center. I was.. kinda the head of most of it lol. I was an edgy little kid who enjoyed fighting. Don't look up old threads from me, you'd be scared ;-;

November 2013 joiner clocking in. Not really a "veteran" I suppose. But at the same time, being on the site for a year and a half (on a consistent basis) when the site is still fairly new (opened in Oct. 2011) sorta makes me a veteran I guess. I wasn't around for the opening years of the site, and I didn't become a brony until mid-2013.

It's really scary for me, y'know. All of my time here, it's gone pretty much. Every moment I spent, every thread I posted on is all gone. I mean they're HERE, but not now. It's all in the past, a clear indicator that I am growing up. I'm not a kid anymore, and time is moving on whether I like it or not. I spent many good times here, and many more bad ones. But this place was my home, and it's weird having it not be anymore.

Heh...

The humble Miles shows his prideful side in this post... 

First of all.  No.  I am not a veteran in the sense of time.  I don't wish to falsely classify myself as such because that kind of veteran holds a pedestal above me. 

*Screetch* What now?  Hehehhh, did Miles just admit to viewing MLPForums with a slight case of elitism?  

>_> Well... um... 

Maybe.    :yay: 

---

Let me defend myself here.  It's not actually elitism.  That would mean I would view others as lesser.  I don't do that.  I don't view members "without pedestal" as being lesser members.  We're all equally brethren here and I would never wish for anyone to think I would ever look down upon anyone. 

So how exactly can such a thing be, then?  

Technically, it's because I know that other people don't see things the way I do that allows me to think with the eyes that are about to explained.

---

I enjoy honoring other people whom I myself give honor, but don't expect others to follow.  

Knowing that most don't sense a sort of hierarchical system of members like I do, I defend myself by not expecting it or pushing it into others because that would make others think there is a "below" that opposes the "above" - inherently I am able to see an above without seeing a below.

So, why do I even see it the way I do?    :wacko: 

I... find enjoyment in honor.  It's sort of something that stems from being a country boy.  The way I see my system is essentially explaining, "I tip my hat to certain people."

And well, I do. (Ass kisser much?  *cough cough* woops, heh, yeah)...

So it's time I explain what the system in my head even abides by...

This thread served the purpose of defining the true, time veterans of the site.  That's one case of members I tip my hat.  

:comeatus:  To everyone: he and I have done that together.  With a bit of help from the WayBack Machine - and a few nights of insomnia on my part, no thanks to my ever changing circadian rhythm via being a computer science major who inherently is nocturnal but is forced to be diurnal because of college - together we learned one great big deal about the forums.  So to speak, we know the beginnings without having been there in the beginning.  

We know the story how the site was formed.  We know what it looked like.  We know who the staff were at different times.  We've seen probably 99% of the banners ever used here.  

I guess you could say we're like archaeologists.  We've dug deep into the history with our tool, linked above, as well as even without it, just going through the very first several pages of threads.  

We've even seen the great amount of no longer active members.  Profile after profile of people who haven't been around in multiple years.  

Personally, I went through several entire members' status feeds, all the way from the beginning to now.  My favorite is Mailmare's.  Hehehe.

TeamRiverMiles, which is what Rivvy and I call our archaeological research team... (*cough* sorry mods) Have even gone to some dead threads of years past, threads that were the original of their own, with now there being different new threads of the same topic.  Did you all know that there's an original vending machine?  Lol.  (oops   :smug: )...  And who could forget that there used to be a public gallery, as well as a chat?  I bet they went well   :derp: ...

"We get it, move on!"

Alright alright, sorry.

Essentially, there are present time "lurkers", but there are also a few rebels who went and lurked where they shouldn't have, in the past.  That's TeamRiverMiles!  Hahahaha.

---

Back to my original point, and to conclude...

The hat tips I give are given under the table.  Actually not even that.  They aren't really even given.  I just have it in my head.  I know too much about this site.    :bedeyes: 

~ Miles

Hey, thanks man! I'm gonna have to ask you not to look up old things from me. You'd either see suicide threads, fighting threads, weird innuendo-y threads, clop threads, and so so so so so much more weird things from me. It's just a super no go.
Like my old poems. God, my old poems.

This is a pretty pretty cool thing you have going. Do me a favor and don't look through any of my early statuses, god I was weird back then...

P.S. The chat most certainly did NOT go well, I pity the mods from those days.

I gave the mods hell back in my day. It was probably really bad from them.
I remember a time whenever I set up webcam chat parties over on tinychat. I named it the MLPforum chatroom, and we'd have hundreds of people come over and hang out on webcam. Feld0 no likey that, so I got in trouble and had to take it down.
Good times, good times.

Another forum: http://worldofequestria.com

Several members of MLPForums joined it.

Oh, ew. There's been so many spin offs of this forum it's insane. Who remembers when the chatroom was taken down and people made a new website just for one?

Bad times, bad times.

Early 2012 here. I've taken quite a few extended hiatus since then, but I'm here now.

Who remembers the chat room?  :P

Bad times, bad times.
  • Brohoof 4

I joined the forums back in September 2012, does that make me a forum vet? Well, regardless, I'm still here. :catface: To the dismay of many. Right? :P

This feeling of nostalgia when looking through old messages, that has happened to me a lot. Then again I am highly susceptible to nostalgia.

• Brohoof 1

I joined the forums back in September 2012, does that make me a forum vet? Well, regardless, I'm still here. :catface: To the dismay of many. Right? :P

This feeling of nostalgia when looking through old messages, that has happened to me a lot. Then again I am highly susceptible to nostalgia.

Of course, I remember you back then. It's been a loooong time.

• Brohoof 1

Of course, I remember you back then. It's been a loooong time.

Yup and I have probably annoyed sooooooo many members, but I think I am a lot more tolerable now. Even then I am still kind of a dweeb. :P

I remember you as well, even though I don't think I have seen you lately. Maybe I am just missing it. This thread is giving me nostalgia feels now. I joined this forum like 2 days after I started watching the show and now it is already 2015. This forum is like a book of memories for me.

• Brohoof 1

Yup and I have probably annoyed sooooooo many members, but I think I am a lot more tolerable now. Even then I am still kind of a dweeb. :P

I remember you as well, even though I don't think I have seen you lately. Maybe I am just missing it. This thread is giving me nostalgia feels now. I joined this forum like 2 days after I started watching the show and now it is already 2015. This forum is like a book of memories for me.

Bruh, I was the forums little shit. You either loved or hated the fuck out of me. I was honestly awful as hell. Like, I can look back at all my old PM's and threads and I was a little SHIT.

I say that a lot because I really was. From the countless suicide threats and fights I started, I dunno how anyone liked me lmao.

I remember back when people thought I was a mod because everyone knew who I was. The mods made sure to say I wasn't one and wouldn't become one.

Like I said, little shit.

• Brohoof 3

Not gonna lie, I know a lot of the guys who got banned for the fun of it. I was almost one of them, but I couldn't stand the thought of never being able to log in and say hello to my old home again.

It sucks though, there're many members I'd have liked to know like Harmonic Revelations or spastic-shotty... :(

It sucks though, there're many members I'd have liked to know like Harmonic Revelations or spastic-shotty... :(

One of those guys I still have blocked to this day :^)

Forum Vets?

Why, do you have a sick pony? Well tell it to take two asprin and to stay out of the internet gutters for a few days.

Oh. I sorry, wrong kinda vets. ;P

Edited by Argumedies

Forum Vets?

Why, do you have a sick pony? Well tell it to take two asprin and to stay out of the internet gutters for a few days.

Oh. I sorry, wrong kinda vets. ;P

grumpy-cat-no-1.jpg

You need to stop that now mister.

Not a forum veteran, but at first when I saw this thread's title I thought it was about veterinarians, then I was like "oh, he means like military veterans" then I click this and I was wrong twice. 

But during the "good old days" I was on a different, much much smaller pony forum.