Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Horse in Equestria Girls

WriteCodes46

I just hope Twilight doesn't find out about this her next trip.

It would bucking blow her mind! blink.png

Now I want an actual horse in FiM more than ever!

I could see Twilight being quite horrified by that.

And there's been horses in every episode of FiM.

Equestria Girls does take place in another dimension, so it would make sense that there would at least be a handful of different creatures--different equines confirm this.

At any rate, I'm with others in saying too much is being read into this, but it would be nice to see what Sunset Shimmer is thinking, 'cause Ponyception!

• Brohoof 1

Ok given AJ works and lives on a farm would make sense she has horses/cows/pigs and

such animals!   I mean in the 80's Megan was riding a horse/pony and is still friends with

talk magical ponies and most likely would still be riding a normal horse..

But given Summer has been a pony she might be more caring for the animal in the

long on and so would AJ in knowing Twilight! 

well it looks cool, kinda looks like the horses from the "horse land" tv series, love applejacks singing voice to, although sunset is trying to ride side saddle on a western LOL she is not good at horseback riding 

(edited)

No. What'd be confusing are humans in equestria. Who wants to kick over that barrel of apples eh?

I imagine that if there are humans in Equestria (does Gen 1 count?) it probably wouldn't matter too much.  In Equestria, the ponies would definitely be the dominant race over humans.  Not only are they just as if not more smart then we are but they can also fly and do magic and stuff.  A human in Equestria wouldn't stand a chance trying to ride one.

This doesn't really seem wrong to me.  The world of EqG is a parallel to our world so, just like in our world (i'm assuming), horses are just another stupid animal.  Sunny probably thinks of that horse the same way we might think of a chimpanzee.  While chimps may be physically similar to humans, they're still just a dumb animal.  Sunny probably thinks of that horse the same way.

Edited by Serenade

Well given RB's remark to when Twilight was talking about hands I assumed that there are no humans in the FiM universe because Rainbow dash asked what hands were. You're probably right. Maybe we should do some fan fiction crossover eh?

(edited)

I'd like to point out for the art style that there are distinctive differences between ponies and horses.
Here's a Horse:
img-3646300-1-brown_horse_running.jpg

Here is a pony:
img-3646300-2-braincroft.jpg

As you can probably see, the pony is significantly stockier then horse, usually with shorter faces. Horses on the other hand, are more visually muscular and taller. Although there is sometimes a fine line between the two, horses are always bigger. A force is always 14.2 hands or above, while a pony is below 14.2 hands. So that may have been a consideration to the style in which they drew it in.

As for the marking, it's a pelt pattern some horses. It's a appaloosas blanket mark.
img-3646300-3-1943277_orig.jpg

As for the universe of EG, it's the human world. It'll be a little less fantastical and the style with be a smidgen different.

Sunset Shimmer would have seen this sort of thing time and time again and would have had to adjust. Sure it'd be strange but if her 'cousins' were taken care of, happy and respected in this world, how could she complain?

I personally like the style they drew the horse. It's different from a pony but can be related to them. Would be interesting to some horses in the upcoming series. I'd like to see how they'd react to one another. :D

Edited by Pixie Doodle

I know what you mean, it's kind of weird, but it's kind of normal too. Imagine if Sunset Shimmer was riding a pony version of herself without the horn and cutie mark, lol. Twilight may think it's kind of weird though, wouldn't mind seeing something like that in a scene or short.

It's not a cutie mark, the horse is an Appaloosa.

I think you mean an-