Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Strange Tales of the Equestrian Idiot RP Thread (See OOC to join!)

Hypn0ticD

Cadance walked into the Twilight's castle wide eyed and slack jawed. "It's truly beautiful," she said in a hushed tone. She wanted a tour but knew now wasn't the best time. They had serious work to do. She wanted to congratulate her sister in law, but how does one say mazel tov on your new home that sprouted out of the ground? Sorry about the old place? Nope. That would just come out strange, so she abstained.

"Sunshine, sunshine," she whispered with a wink to Twilight, trying to lighten the mood a bit, and nodded graciously to Spike. She walked through the foyer, glancing into several rooms to find one with a table large enough to fit most, if not all of the group on attendance. "Shall we?"

(edited)
Because of the many ponies who wished greet their princess, when they were not bowing that is, Celestia found her travel a bit slowed. This was secretly a bit frustrating for the princess, but she offered a warm smile to all despite such as she made her way to Twilight's castle. Her guards were helpful, keeping the princess from having to speak with most ponies that they passed  and opening a path for her to reach her destination.

With the castle is sight, Celestia would catch sight of her sister and others already at the door. Surprisingly, even her niece Cadance was there which did surprise her though perhaps that could be of benefit. She was far enough away though that the princess realized they would get in before she did and they doors would close. Yet a few minutes later she would arrive, and knocked on the door for herself. It was good that she had gotten there when she did, knowing her sister's feelings on what was going on.

As she waited for a reply to her knocking, Celestia consider the humans that would arrive today. She wanted them to have a fair chance, having spoken with the scientists and directed that those chosen were to be treated with respect. More, fearing trouble from her sister, the princess had directed that all research that had been done was copied and archived with strict instructions that some one was to be allowed access to them without her permission. Yes, not even Luna was allowed access without speaking with her permission. When her sister found out about this, she expected upset but she was taking no risks.
Edited by EquestrianScholar

(edited)

@@bronislav84, @@Yoshi89,@@Love, @@EquestrianScholar,

Princess Luna

She could feel her sister getting closer. There wasn't much time. The best she could do was try and move on what little head start she had. "Thank you Spike," she said with a thin smile to he little dragon. "Apologies for the sudden intrusion, and lack of forewarning. I've been in a bit of a hurry and it seems to have slipped my mind." She didn't mention that her plans had been somewhat altered from their original form as it was and that she was basically improvising at this point. "Hello dear Twilight," she continued. "I've heard so much about this castle of yours! It seems to live up to the stories. Oh! But I'm getting ahead of myself. I have something urgent that I need to talk to you all about. There's so many rumors flying about that one can hardly tell what's the truth, about our expected guests that is. Come, let me tell you all about it."

When she entered the castle, her guards semi-unconsciously took up the rear of the group, ushering everyone inside and making sure that the gate was shut. Four took up guard positions at the front while the remaining six trotted ahead to go in front of their Princess. When they reached the room with the large table, they fanned out to positions spread out against the walls, forming something like a six pointed scars. The three unicorn guards projected tightly packed beams of light from their horns, meeting at a center point above the table. Particles of color spread between the beams, forming a three side rainbow pyramid. Gradually the swirling aurora focused, melding into a perfectly flat back screen. When Luna and the others had fully entered the room, the screen shifted to a light blue, then the Royal Seal of Equestria.

"As you all know, there have been many rumors flying around lately regarding the beings known as Humans," she started off. "Their species does not exist naturally in Equestria, and until recently no one had heard of them. As such, the information available to the majority ponies is just wild speculation. Recently, a cabal of unicorn researchers working on new portal spells uncovered a route to a new inhabited world quite different than our own. Living there are a species of creatures known as Humans." The Royal Seal changed into a semi-sheer projection of the planet Earth. "In their own world, they are at the top of the food chain. Though not especially strong, swift, or imbued with keen senses, by use of created tools they have come to master their environment." The projection shifted to show a model of a human man in his early twenties. "They have two arms and two legs, and have hands and feet instead of hooves as we do." The image started doing different poses and common movements, such as flexing in different directions, walking, and running. "In this, their body structure is more akin to monkeys and apes than our own."

"However, their bodies are mostly hairless, with the except of their heads and certain select places." She didn't bother to have the image show those. "They are also significantly smarter as a whole than apes, though as is normal in all species an individual's intelligence varies widely." The shape changed from a human to a myriad of tools and manufactured goods. "With this intelligence they have created vast amounts of items used to do that which they cannot easily on their own. With tools both big and small they have gained mastery over otherwise hostile environments, grown more food than could ever be collected naturally, and built vast sprawling cities in which they live packed on top of each other."

"In some ways, their use of tools and technology is not so different than our own. But there is a major difference, in that they do not know when to -stop- using them." A panorama of a major urban area changed to a scene of a desolated town and burnt forest. "Human populations grow at a rate that the natural environment cannot sustain. So they routinely take up more and more land to live on and grow food, leaving previously fertile areas utterly exhausted. Their level of technology use has grown to the rate that many will grow to adulthood entirely dependent on devices, unable to live without them. This is just the beginning of their many flaws, some of which are too wrong for me to mention."

"Greed, jealousy, pride, and anger run rampant through human society. Though such things are known to us ponies, they take these evils and thrive off of them." Scenes of weaponry through the ages starts flickering through the image. "Not for a single year in human history has there been a period when they did not wage war on each other. Famines caused by greed have wiped out entire societies. Every month hundreds of species go extinct due to pollution, loss of habitat, and lack of care." By the time Celestia would have reached the door, Luna would be wrapping up. "They even commit the ultimate of crimes, and are more than willing to render the entire world lifeless to satisfy their desire for revenge." A flickering scene of a small city and rolling countryside settled onto the projection. There was a bright flash, the image shook, and the scene was filled with a giant cloud of dust rolling up into the sky.

One of Luna's guards would open the door for Celestia, ushering them in. "I have been told that the humans that will be brought here are amongst the best of their kind, not prone to the inherent flaws that run through their species. But I do not trust them. I never will. I've seen what they do to their own home, and will never let them bring that here."

Edited by HigurSan

(edited)

Twilight had a feeling she knew what Cadence was thinking. They had known each other for years since she was tiny, so she could tell. It was her first time here and she was wondering how Twilight felt about Golden Oaks Library. If she had moved on, and the answer was yes for the most part. She thought about it from time to time, still. When there was time it would be great to show her the fantastic enchanted chandelier that Rarity, AJ, Rainbow, Fluttershy, and Pinkie made in the Throne Room, but later if there was time. Thinking about the possibility of Cadence's sad thoughts for her caused beads of sweat to form on her brow, her eyes to water a bit, and she gulped uncontrollably. Cadence knew just what to say to lift Twilight's spirits. This was an inopportune time for their greeting dance, but she knew just what to say anyway.

"Ladybugs awake." Replied Twilight with a wink back at her as they all went through the halls to one of the many rooms in the castle.

"It's good to have you here. You know you're always welcome." She nodded to Princess Luna and tried to smile, but she also had a feeling this wasn't a social call and sweated some more, wiping her face with that same napkin. Twilight had just taken a bath, her hair was still wet, and she felt like she needed another one. And it only got worse as Luna did her presentation.

Knowing this was handy information, a notepad and quill floated from a nearby table. Twilight was taking detailed notes on what was being presented. As she concluded, one thing was clear: All the semi-sleepless nights of reading about Minotaurs were wasted, and it might have been better to devote time to reading about monkeys and apes. And the pronunciation of their species was wrong as well. Twilight sighed at this blunder and wondered what the others thought of what they had just seen, noticing Princess Celestia appear followed by a guard. He had probably let her in which was no problem.

Twilight first did some breathing exercises like her sister in law had taught her, then spoke when she felt she was calm enough from previously internally worrying about the wasted time.

"Personally, I believe we should give them a chance before jumping to conclusions. It is my duty to extend as well as maintain friendship, and I believe this goes for everyone. Hairless apes from another dimension should be entitled to the same chance as foreign dignitaries. They should be treated with the utmost respect first and foremost." She said as she put down the notepad and looked to her friends to see what their reactions to this would be.

Edited by bronislav84

@@EquestrianScholar, @@bronislav84, @@HigurSan, @@Hypn0ticD, @@Love, @@Yoshi89

Rarity nodded and followed everypony out of Sugarcube Corner to Twilight's castle. Just as she respectfully nodded to past clients and exchanged words of greeting with some friends on the street, she noticed how . . . disinterested Princess Luna seemed to be of those very same ponies. Those past clients and friends seemed to get a bit skittish around Luna, clearing the path in front of her, and literally moving small mountains (of fruit, that is) just so the Princess wouldn't bump into them. Rarity wasn't sure what to think in Princess Luna's attitude, but her power was clear to see. Such authority, she thought to herself.

Soon, they all arrived at the doorstep of Twilight's castle, wherein Twilight stepped out and said, "Princess, everypony, Cadance? Come in, come in!" She was still wearing towels over her mane, as if she had just woken up or had a trip to the spa, even though Rarity knew her not to wake up late very often nor go to the spa frequently. How peculiar. Just as everypony had made it inside, the doors were closed, and Princess Luna started lecturing about what she knew about the humans.

"Mmm . . ." Rarity squinted and scrutinized the projected moving picture while taking in what Princess Luna was saying about the aliens. Are they . . . are they really hairless giants like tha—oh, goodness, they look hideous. And what in the—wouldn't they fall over locomoting like that? They're only standing on two hooves! . . . er, legs? Such thoughts and similar ones raced through Rarity's mind as Princess Luna seemed to present more and more ludicrous facts about these things. But the Princess is telling them, so they must be correct. Oh my.

Luna moved on to presenting the numerous flaws associated with the humans, though she seemed just a little . . . biased in her presentation. If these humans really are as intelligent as they are, and have created technology and metropolises similar to us ponies, how could they have done so thriving on vices alone? Surely, Princess Luna is mistaken in—oh please no. Rarity leaned back as she saw that small city projected transform into a mushroom cloud of dust. She couldn't help but imagine that the town that had been decimated could be Ponyville if the humans were invited here.

"I've seen what they do to their own home, and will never let them bring that here," she said.

Rarity was nearly convinced that these humans were dangerous creatures until Twilight said her part; what she said almost sounded like one of the former friendship lessons she would have sent to Princess Celestia: "Personally, I believe we should give them a chance before jumping to conclusions. It is my duty to extend as well as maintain friendship, and I believe this goes for everyone."

Rarity frowned, thinking about all this new information. As much as she respected both of the princesses, she had associated with Twilight far longer and respected her judgement just as highly as Luna's, if not moreso. True, Twilight had not always made the best decision in every case, but Rarity could not think of a single instance where extending the olive branch of friendship had been a bad thing. Even Discord, who—if not pleasant to be around—was at least tolerable now, now knowing the virtues of friendship. And for a long time, Rarity thought that he was the worst there was and deserved to be locked in stone for the rest of time. And Discord was capable of turning the entirety of Equestria upside-down. Capable, but not intending anymore.

So engrossed was Rarity in her thoughts that she didn't even notice Princess Celestia step in the room. It was a hard decision, deciding between two princess and two good friends of radically different and well-substantiated agendas, but the power of friendship that Twilight had taught her—taught all of them—was something Rarity could not ignore. If it was really as strong as she had come to know, there was no harm in bringing these humans to Equestria, where the virtue of friendship would always win over any vice.

"I must agree with Twilight, Princess Luna," Rarity said, nodding to Twilight when she looked at her. "While these humans may seem dangerous, I cannot simply classify them as villains and send them away. All sapient beings, I believe, are capable of friendship, no matter who they are. We should, at the very least, give them a chance. And should things go poorly . . ." Rarity tapped twice on the hard crystal floor of the castle, reminding everyone of the rainbow ray of friendship it was capable of sending out. The sharp sound echoed around the room and took several seconds to fade.

(edited)

@@HigurSan, @@Taialin, @@Windbreaker, @@Hypn0ticD, @@Derplight Sperkle, @@bronislav84,@@GeneralDirection, @@RubyW32, @@Littlecandylulu903, @@Love,
I am glad you both feel that way and am proud to hear that there are those willing to give humans a chance...I was hoping you would all choose such,” Celestia would say in a warm tone, though it was tinged with disapproval as the princess looked to her younger sister. She was most displeased not only because Luna had done what the white alicorn had most feared, but because she had been prevented from entering just long enough for the younger sister to say what she wished. It was just good that she was now there to offer an alternate consideration.

Looking to each pony, and dragon, in turn she would offer her own words with her horn beginning to glow, “I am sure my sister has told, and from the magic felt shown, you the worse of what humanity has done or created.” Looking to her sister, she would offer a look of acceptance, before grinning softly and continuing, “Yet I am just as certain she neglected to even given brief mention to all the great and good things of humanity.

Celestia's magic begin to give a show as well, with her royal guards moving next to her sisters, as it would show humanity in a light far more familiar and comfortable to ponies. Of mankind's struggle for purpose and life saying, “Humans, while they can do terrible things, have proven they can also do things worthy of praise. The times they have fought for their families, nation, or the rights and freedom of all. Stood up for each other and unite under a common cause. That when evil or terrible things shows itself there are those willing to stand against them. That when there is suffering and pain, there are those willing to give of themselves even all they have.

The princess would show all those in the room what she spoke of, of some of the greatest examples she knew of friendship, charity, loyalty, forthrightness, brilliance, and sacrifice before saying as she looked to her sister, “Humanity, among all races, is capable of both great evil and great good. From them can be found many beliefs, cultures, acts, and deeds. Of technology that can be used for good, or medical advancement that saves countless lives.” She would show the raise and fall of tyrants, many technologies and creations, the warmth and love of family or friends, many things were indeed so all could see.

Smiling, she would finish, “If anything, they are most in need of the friendship and love each of you know. Those lost or uncertain, who may feel they have no choice but to be selfish or think of themselves.

More, we even have fans... my sister Luna especially among some.” She would show humans watching a box which showed familiar figures, wearing shirts, creating art of those before her, or coming together in large groups dressed up as of even those in the room before giggling as she shoots her sister a look that suggested she felt she had won this round.

(Credit to @@Hypn0ticD for getting me off my butt and posting a reply. ^_^)

Upon finally hearing that they were leaving for Twilight's castle, Rainbow Dash took to the skies and soon arrived at their destination. Once everypony was settled, Princess Luna explained to them what she knew about the humans. As Luna's presentation went on, Rainbow could feel herself starting to get disgusted with these humans. All they seemed to be concerned about were themselves, constantly fighting each other and never being satisfied with what they had, such a stark contrast to the land of Equestria. Yet despite this, most of the other ponies in the room seemed to want these creatures to come here.

As soon as Twilight finished speaking, Rainbow opened her mouth and was about to question her sanity, when Princess Celestia spoke. She explained that the humans had also done a lot of good things, and her speech made Dash change her mind. Maybe these humans aren't so bad after all...

"I think we should at least give these humans a chance, then we can see for ourselves what they're really like. Maybe we should just keep them under supervision until we trust them more?"  She suggested.

@@EquestrianScholar@@HigurSan, @@GeneralDirection@@Taialin@@bronislav84@@Love@@Derplight Sperkle@@Hypn0ticD

"Fans? What kinda fans? They've heard of us? Are we famous in this other dimension, too?" Pinkie asked as Celestia and Rainbow Dash finished speaking. "Oooh, I should throw a welcome party when they arrive! Show them that we're super friendly!"

She starting thinking about what she'd need for this welcome party she was planning, how much time they may or may not have before the humans arrive. She almost got ready to panic. "When are they getting here, Princess?!"

As Cadance listened to the explanation of these humans, she furrowed her brow in thought. Hairless? No hooves? Akin to monkeys? These creatures must be hideous. She sighed deeply. "I think before judging if we should trust them or not, we should see how they act. Observe them. Do some science, as Twilight is so fond of saying. If they are at the top of their food chain with seemingly nothing remarkable about them, then they could just be terribly cleaver." She tapped her lower lip with her forehoof as she spoke. "Perhaps all they need is a little love," Cadance said with a weak smile. She feeling somewhat naive for says so, but she was the Princess of Love after all, and it was what she believed in above all else. "Do we know when they arrive? And where? It would probably be best to start our game plan there." Not for the first time today, Cadance wished her husband were here by her side. She could really use his comfort right now.

Wow this must be of utmost importance, not only did Princess Luna and Cadance come, now Princess Celestia arrives. Oh I hope these humans are not terrible creatures. Fluttershy blended in with the group, not really drawing any attention to herself. She listened to the Princesses talk about the humans, with Luna being negative to them, and Celestia bringing up generally positive points. Celestia even showed them that they are actually fans of all of them, including several wearing what looked like her on quite a few apparel. Am I really that popular? But what about what Princess Luna said? Are humans terrible too? What if all humans are that terrible? Fluttershy tried to hide her face from the others with her mane, looking slightly scared of the notion of humans coming to Equestria after all.

@@Windbreaker, @@Love, @@Derplight Sperkle, @@Taialin, @@bronislav84, @@GeneralDirection, @@EquestrianScholar, @@Yoshi89,

Applejack wasted no time and took her seat as Luna's Guards took to a formation, three Unicorn guards casting their magic to create a makeshift projector showing the Seal of Equestria.

"As you all know, there have been many rumors flying around lately regarding the beings known as Humans," Luna began. She then presented her audience with an image of the humans' planet, then a model of what they supposedly looked like. No hooves nor tails, and almost completely hairless, save for the tops of their heads. AJ was left perplexed as to what to feel about their appearance. Perhaps she could ask Rarity what she felt about the humans' looks later!

"Their level of technology use has grown to the rate that many will grow to adulthood entirely dependent on devices, unable to live without them. This is just the beginning of their many flaws, some of which are too wrong for me to mention."

Now how in the hay was one supposed to grow so dependent upon technology?? sure, it was useful, but--

Luna began showing them what she had meant - ponyless carriages, impossibly large birdlike doohickeys that took to the air, and small, flat things that the humans either held to their ears or in front of their faces, before the display took a sudden and dark turn, as Luna had shown them the humans' instruments of war and destruction, as well as humans dressed in strange uniforms and holding stick-like devices and firing them at other humans, before the display culminated in a human city being engulfed in a flash as bright as the sun, followed by a terrifying explosion the likes AJ had never seen before, shaking the poor farm Pony to her very core.

Humans were capable of that?! And the Canterlot scholars were gonna bring them here?! If that were the case, then why bring them at all?! Was there something missing from Luna's presentation, because even the eggiest of eggheads would think twice before messing around and inviting something so violent! As fantastic as the thought was, Applejack found herself wondering if the humans were truly that bad...

"I have been told that the humans that will be brought here are amongst the best of their kind, not prone to the inherent flaws that run through their species. But I do not trust them. I never will. I've seen what they do to their own home, and will never let them bring that here."

"Due respect, Princess Luna, but maybe the Hu-Mane--er, Humans won't be so bad? After all, if'n they were, then why would those fancy pants scientists bring 'em here?? It wouldn't make sense!" Applejack suggested voicing her thoughts. She looked to her friends, who seemed to have the same opinion, which came as a huge relief.

Twilight, who had just finished jotting something down on paper, spoke first.

"Personally, I believe we should give them a chance before jumping to conclusions. It is my duty to extend as well as maintain friendship, and I believe this goes for everyone. Hairless apes from another dimension should be entitled to the same chance as foreign dignitaries. They should be treated with the utmost respect first and foremost."

"I must agree with Twilight, Princess Luna," Rarity concurred , nodding to Twilight. "While these humans may seem dangerous, I cannot simply classify them as villains and send them away. All sapient beings, I believe, are capable of friendship, no matter who they are. We should, at the very least, give them a chance. And should things go poorly..."

Rarity tapped her hoof twice on the hard crystal floor of the castle, a friendly reminder of what Rainbow Power was always an option, should things really go south!

“I am glad you both feel that way and am proud to hear that there are those willing to give humans a chance... I was hoping you would all choose such,” another, very regal voice said. Applejack looked over and gasped, as her eyes fell upon none other than - "Princesses Celestia?"

“I am sure my sister has told, and from the magic felt shown, you the worse of what humanity has done or created.” Celestia said, looking over to her sister. Celestia then gave a presentation of her own, showing the ponies showing these creatures in a far more positive light. Human families and friends smiling and laughing together, a human dressed in a funny white suit against a background of pure black walking ever so slowly, as if nearly weightless, and a human scientist looking intently into a Petri dish.

For all the terrible things Luna had shown them, Celestia had provided them a show of truly wondrous things, and it eased Applejack's fears.

“More, we even have fans..."

"Wait... we what?!"

"Fans? What kinda fans? They've heard of us? Are we famous in this other dimension, too?" Pinkie chirped. "Oooh, I should throw a welcome party when they arrive! Show them that we're super friendly!"

As if she hadn't done so already, Celestia showed them all something truly astonishing: drives upon droves of humans dressed as - as THEM! rainbow colored wigs here, lavender wings there, and Stetson hats just off to the right!

Celestia then showed the humans watching large flat screen-like with them on it! The humans were actually watching them and their adventures!

"I think we should at least give these humans a chance, then we can see for ourselves what they're really like." Rainbow Dash said once Celestia's presentation ended. Maybe we should just keep them under supervision until we trust them more?"

"Ah'm with Dash. Let's take turns keepin' our eyes on 'em, at least for now!"

"Do we know when they arrive? And where? It would probably be best to start our game plan there." Princess Cadance asked.

"The paper said they'll be arriving in Canterlot in a few days." AJ responded. "Ah know! Maybe we can catch a glimpse a' 'em when they arrive! Anypone else fancy a trip there?" Applejack asked, raising a hoof and looking around.

Her eyes fell on Fluttershy, who seemed to be even more frightened than usual... Applejack rose from her seat and went over to the timid Pegasus, placing a hoof on her shoulder.

"...You alright, Fluttershy?" Applejack asked softly. "Luna's presentation sure was a bit much, but Celestia showed some pretty amazing things that the humans have done, too, so the Humans coming here can't be all that bad!"

@@Hypn0ticD

"I'm just a little worried of these humans. Sure Princess Celestia says they are capable of great things, but Princess Luna says that they are also capable of terrible things. How do we know what humans are coming here? Will it be the bad ones or the good ones?," Fluttershy said softly to her friend. She was very concerned about the humans coming. Fluttershy didn't know if Equestria could handle an onslaught that the humans could possibly bring, per Princess Luna. 

Fluttershy sighs. "I hope it's the good ones, but I'm just not too sure they will be."

(edited)

@@HigurSan, @@Taialin, @@Windbreaker, @@Hypn0ticD, @@Derplight Sperkle, @@bronislav84,@@GeneralDirection, @@RubyW32, @@Littlecandylulu903, @@Love,

Princess Celestia

Celestia would feel relief and  pride on hearing Rainbow also express the decision to give humans on a chance. On her suggestion that they should keep them under supervision,  and be observed as Cadence would offer as well, the princess would nod before relieving, “We actually already have, our scientists having put mankind under such since making the connection. They are clever at times, but also foolish as well with great diversity and complexity.” It was actually quite complex, though she wouldn't doubt needing to reveal a bit more before the night was doubt. 

Which would come sooner then later with Pinkie's question, “I think a party to help them feel welcome would be appreciated.” She would laugh softly at the energetic nature of the pink mare's inquiries before saying, “as much in the same way as Rainbow Dash is towards the Wonderbolts or Twilight is towards Starswirl the Bearded there are humans who are fans of us.” On considering how to explain Celestia would offering, “As it is said in a song by one who sounds like you, to the humans that know us 'we are a toymaker's creation trapped inside a crystal ball'... heh, which is called a television or TV. It is those boxes with images I showed.” When repeating the lyrics Celestia would actually sing it somewhat.

Using her magic, images again of humans looking at a box with images of each of them before explaining, “The show is called My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic, and there is a great following not only of children but of adults.” Onto when they would get here she would say, “Quite soon, now that they have been chosen by way of a competition.

One Cadance's thoughts that perhaps all humans needed is some love her aunt would say, “It would seem many humans need much love, not getting such from their family, or from friend in they have any. On when and where they will be here, I was thinking we could all be there to greet them when the time comes.

Yet it would be Fluttershy's worry and concern, even after her words of assurance that not all humans are terrible, scary, or evil the Celestia would focus on. It was for such thoughts that the princess was appreciative of Applejack though it did seem that both mares were more strongly effect by her sister Luna's words. “You bring up a good point Applejack, why would we bring them here unless our scientists were certain that it would be safe? It would not make sense, and every precaution and care has been taken in making sure none dangerous come through into Equestria.

Rarity as well it would seem was willing to give humans a chance, despite what Luna had shown each of them, saying, “We do believe many already appreciate friendship, especially that of the bond shared by six special mares who have faced so much together. Who better to greet the first humans into Equestria then those who wielded the Elements of Harmony and now carry within them the Rainbow of Light?

Looking once more to Fluttershy, the princess would assure, “They humans that will be coming will not be the bad ones, of that I can assure given all that we have done to make sure of such.

Cadance raised one eyebrow, both relieved and concerned at how prompt their meeting had been, as well as how quickly everything had been decided. Television. Such a silly word. She wondered what other phenomena these humans would hold. One thing she knew for certain, they would probably change Equestria, good or bad, forever.

"Well then," Cadance said decisively, looking to Luna and Celestia,"If these humans are to arrive in Canterlot, it appears that we have a lot to do before they arrive. I hope you don't mind housing myself and a few of our friends while we prepare." A glint of excitement appeared in her eye. "I think a Welcome to Equestria Party is needed, and I think we all know just the pony to organize it." She looked to Pinkie with an excited smile.

• Brohoof 1

@@Hypn0ticD,@@EquestrianScholar

Fluttershy lifted her head as if to show her spirits were rising upon hearing the Princess Celestia's words. If Princess Celestia said they will make sure that the humans that come are good, then Fluttershy believed that it will happen. "I believe it will be so Princess Celestia. Thank you. I feel much better now about the humans." Fluttershy smiled at her friend and the Princess.

Fluttershy was ready now that she knew the humans will mean them no harm. Oh I still hope they are not going to be too scary though. 

"I'm ready to go meet these humans."

• Brohoof 1

@@EquestrianScholar, @@GeneralDirection, @, @@bronislav84, @@Hypn0ticD, @@HigurSan, @@Yoshi89
Rarity blinked a few times. "What," she said, more as a statement than a question, too blindsided by what she had heard and seen to specify exactly what she was referring to. These mysterious, foreign aliens, whom she had never even known existed until a few days ago, had been watching her and been fans of her and her friends for who knows how long?

"What."

Attention was something that Rarity was no stranger to, nor was it something she was averse to. But attention from such an unexpected source through . . . tele-vision boxes?—was not exactly the same as fans on a runway. She could only hope that those tele-vision boxes captured her good side.

Rarity came to when Princess Celestia elaborated that these humans may need friendship, and she and her friends would be the one who would greet them. Here was something that she was more accustomed to. While she had never actually been a foreign ambassador of any sort, greeting the incoming humans with the rest of her friends seemed far and away one of the less dangerous things they had done.

"I ready to go meet these humans," she heard Fluttershy say beside her.

"And I as well," Rarity followed, nodding. She was impressed that Fluttershy would act so courageous in such uncharted territory, but the least she could do was to follow. To be the first to greet these unknown entities would be an adventure, certainly, but then, Rarity was no stranger to adventure or drama, either.

Green. everything was green. And spotty.

North had just opened his eyes, only to be greeted with a bushy view.

With a little bit of effort, he managed to lift his head up and out of the large bush he had just spent the few hours sleeping in.

He still could not see much - everything was much too bright. Holding a hoof over his eyes to shade for the sun, he managed to fish up a pair of small, round, tinted glasses from his bag still left on the ground.

Putting them on, he took a moment to look around, find his place in the grand landscape. A moment later, he noticed a pair of ponies wandering on a road not too far away.

He took a moment to shake off any leaves and twigs that had gotten stuck on him, before he grabbed his bags and headed for the road. By the time he had reached it, the two ponies had wandered a fair bit away from him. He looked in the direction they had come from, noticing some towers poking up from behind a tall mountain in the distance.

He gave his entire body one long stretch, a few loud pops sounding from some of his joints, before nodding contently to himself.

With the help of his wings, he leapt a distance before starting to move at a slower pace on the ground - towards Canterlot.

@@EquestrianScholar@, @@bronislav84,

Pinkie giggled with glee. "They're making songs about us? I gotta throw 'em a party now! There's gonna be cake and candy, balloons, streamers...What else could we use? Ooooh! Muffins and cupcakes! Maybe some magic tricks? Twilight, could you maybe show 'em a bit of magic at their welcome party? Please, pretty please?" She implored Twilight's help in her usual fashion. Her party planning was usually this chaotic, but the quality spoke for itself most days.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Twilight had been taking notes on all of this. How the senior Princesses had so much information and yet she'd been unable to find any books on the subject of these humans was confusing. Maybe she'd been purposefully kept from being allowed to take out books on them ahead of time? Maybe so everypony involved could find out about it together. It was reasonable, but it was sad that she'd wasted so much time reading about minotaurs. Not that the information wasn't fascinating, but just bothersome that it was of no use for the task at hand. Twilight made it a point to be informed ahead of time, so this was am embarrassment on her part. Regardless, after speaking she continued to take notes on the information presented.

Finally she decided to speak again. "This pretty much solidifies my thoughts that just about everyone is capable of great good and great evil. Sure some more evil than others, considering the things the six of us have faced in recent times, but I still believe in giving a chance before deciding."

Twilight could definitely relate to Princess Celestia's example, but it was still kind of surprising. Different. As far as everypony had been led to believe, Starswirl had been alive a long time ago. She massaged her temples with her hooves, processing this. "So we have fans and our lives are known about on these boxes, shown for entertainment and learning from us? It sounds like we've been the equivalent of foal's tales to these beings, at least until our two worlds discovered each other. To think that our lives have been broadcast and cataloged on a daily basis makes me feel uneasy, like an invasion of privacy. Could they be watching us right now, even? During private moments? And how? Do they have magic we're not aware of, or is this just some cosmic coincidence?" She looked around and upward at the castle ceiling, as if expecting there to be an audience of hairless apes everywhere, or just to suddenly appear.

Surely Fluttershy would be self conscious of the possibility of an audience watching this very moment? She seemed pretty much at ease.

"But if my friends are ready, so am I." Twilight said confidently with a smile, eager to study these beings and record everything about them. Purely for research purposes, of course. She then turned to Pinkie Pie with a grin. "And of course I'll do magic for them Pinkie. I'm sure they'll enjoy teleportation, or maybe some transformations. Remember the time we all turned into Breezies?"

Edited by bronislav84

@@GeneralDirection, @@Windbreaker,

@@Derplight Sperkle, @, @@Derplight Sperkle, @@bronislav84, @@Taialin, @@Yoshi89, @@HigurSan, @@EquestrianScholar,

Princess Celestia seemed truly pleased with all of the ponies reaching an agreement about giving the humans a chance, for the most part. Fluttershy, on the other hoof, seemed even more hesitant than the others... "I hope it's the good ones, but I'm just not too sure they will be." Fluttershy said with a sigh.

"Ah'm sure it'll be the good humans comin' ta visit us, Fluttershy! Don't you worry none!" Applejack said, leaning in for a reassuring nuzzle.

“You bring up a good point Applejack, why would we bring them here unless our scientists were certain that it would be safe? It would not make sense, and every precaution and care has been taken in making sure no one dangerous comes through into Equestria.”

Applejack turned to face the Solar Deity, who had once again cast her magic to show them their alien admirers once more, who were once again shown to be watching them and their adventures...

“The show is called My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic, and there is a great following not only of children but of adults.”

That sent a shiver down Applejack's spine. How were the humans able to see them through those flat doohickeys, yet ponies were just now discovering them?? And just how long was this going on??

Once again, Rarity managed to somehow give a voice and sum up Applejack's own thoughts with but a single word: "What."

Applejack just had to meet the humans now, if only to get an answer to the question now burning in her mind.

"Well then," Princess Cadance interjected, "If these humans are to arrive in Canterlot, it appears that we have a lot to do before they arrive. I hope you don't mind housing myself and a few of our friends while we prepare." she turned to Pinkie, a look of excitement appearing in her eye. "I think a Welcome to Equestria Party is needed, and I think we all know just the pony to organize it."

This seemed to send Pinkie into party planning overdrive! "I gotta throw 'em a party now! There's gonna be cake and candy, balloons, streamers...What else could we use? Ooooh! Muffins and cupcakes! Maybe some magic tricks? Twilight, could you maybe show 'em a bit of magic at their welcome party? Please, pretty please?"

"Don't forget about me, Pinkie! Ah'mma bring the humans some of the best apples and Apple Family baked goods they ever done tasted!"

Even Fluttershy seemed eager to see them now, as she said, "I'm ready to go meet these humans."

"And I as well," Rarity joined. Finally, Twilight joined in as well. "This pretty much solidifies my thoughts that just about everyone is capable of great good and great evil. Sure some more evil than others, considering the things the six of us have faced in recent times, but I still believe in giving a chance before deciding. But if my friends are ready, so am I."

"Well, we should look into hoppin' on the first train ta Canterlot in the mornin'!"

• Brohoof 1

Spike said nothing, just listening at everything Luna had to say about these humans. He hopped on a train of thought when she talked about this marvel known as television: Wow, we're our own TV show! People in this other world know all about us! He jumped back at the conversation that followed between the rest of the ponies and smiled when they collectively expressed how thrilled they were at finally getting to meet them in Canterlot the next day.

"I'm ready to meet them if all you guys are," he added. He remembered what the Princess of Love had to say and turned to his mentor. "Cadance is right, Twilight. Maybe we should come up with a checklist so we know what to do when we come across them."

Just as he was about to rush off in search of parchment, a thought forced him to stop and skid abruptly across the hall. He backtracked toward the group and turned to the royal sisters. "Celestia? Luna?" he called to them. "Do you two think they should know about dragons, too?"

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@@HigurSan, @@Taialin, @@Windbreaker, @@Hypn0ticD, @@Derplight Sperkle, @@bronislav84,@@GeneralDirection, @@RubyW32, @@Littlecandylulu903, @@Love@@Yoshi89
Glad to see everything working out without too much damage, even if her sister was being awfully quiet as everypony spoke, Celestia would listen as the others spoken. To her niece, the princess would reply, “I am sure my sister would agree that we would be pleased to have the company at the castle, all here are welcome.” The tall white mare still had some concern, but hopefully Luna would not hold this against her.

To the reasons of relieving they had fans in the human world she would smile before saying, to Rarity in particular, “Please don't worry yourself, the program seems to only take snippets of our lives... particularly the positive or grand experiences, especially when a friendship lesson was learned.”

With such the princess would begin making the plans for them to come to the castle and stay, feeling that things could perhaps not move forward. She would say to Pinkie Pie, “Yes, well you can't very well throw a party for those who are not here yet... is this not true my dear party planner?”

Considering her student Celestia would say, “I'm sorry that none of the books you request were any help, now even we know much more about humans then what was learned by the scientists. Please forgive me for not saying something, as it was uncertain at first if we would even allow humans into Equestria. Thankfully, we will all be able to learn more once they get here.”

“Our story being that of a foal's tale, particularly for human's equivalent to young fillies, for their entertainment does sum it up. We feel very little of our daily life actually comes to the writers and animators of the show, and a detail here and there many not be show perfectly. Especially since it seems they cannot know out thoughts, only our words and actions,” She would turn to then answer Spike's question, “Actually they already know about dragons, though the ones they know may well be different from what we know... so you could still tell them much which they don't know.

• Brohoof 2

@@GeneralDirection, @@Windbreaker, @, @@Derplight Sperkle, @@bronislav84, @@Taialin, @@Yoshi89, @@HigurSan, @@EquestrianScholar,

Applejack's eyes widened at Princess Celestia's invitation for the Ponies, "Well, Ah'll be! We really get ta stay in THE Canterlot Castle to plan the welcome party? This is gonna be great, and Ah'm not bein' Rarity!"

Applejack held her giddiness in check as Princess Celestia addressed the others one by one, starting with Rarity... even if little snippets of their lives were gleaned, sanitized or otherwise made suitable for the humans to view, the fact remained that the humans knew about them and still got to see what life was like for them, and potentially every Equestrian out there, which still put Applejack a little on edge, and yet fueled her curiosity about the humans and what they knew that much more.

Celestia then addressed Pinkie Pie, asking her if she could not plan a party for those who have not yet arrived, to which she snickered a little. This was Pinkie Pie! So long as it was party themed, she could make it happen!

Celestia then addressed Twilight, apologizing for not having books on these creatures, but that made sense in a way. They just found out about humans, as Celestia had pointed out.

“Our story being that of a foal's tale, particularly for human's equivalent to young fillies, for their entertainment does sum it up. We feel very little of our daily life actually comes to the writers and animators of the show, and a detail here and there many not be show perfectly. Especially since it seems they cannot know out thoughts, only our words and actions,” Celestia said, before finally turning to Spike. “Actually they already know about dragons, though the ones they know may well be different from what we know... so you could still tell them much which they don't know."

"Well, what better way ta let 'em know than ta tell 'em in person, Spike? In fact, why don't we all head home and get ready to head on out to Canterlot ta meet the humans! We got a biiig party ta plan!"

• Brohoof 1

@@EquestrianScholar@@Hypn0ticD,

"Yepperoonie, Princess Celestia, ma'am! I'll throw the biggest, bestest party these humans have ever seen! It will be my finest party EVER!" Pinkie exclaimed, standing on her hind legs and pointing her hoof skywards. She would not be stopped or deterred from this course of action and this party would happen. All she needed was a plan.

Next she turned to Applejack, brimming with excitement. "Yes! We do, indeedy! Onwards, girls! TO CANTERLOT!"

(edited)

Twilight really wanted to make a checklist. It was only proper. The problem was as Celestia said though. Only the elder Princesses really knew anything significant about what would be pertinent, and without knowing more details about them there was really no way to know what to do when coming across these aliens. "Normally I would like to make a checklist Spike, but in this case I'd just like to study these aliens up close. They don't seem quite like hairless apes or monkeys, so it seems unlikely anything we come up with to do when we meet them would actually make sense. Maybe if we knew more about them. The information projected was definitely interesting though, and I've filled up about half the notepad." She thought about that. This could be the beginning of a great book to be published at a later date.

She felt more at ease after what was said about the privacy issue, but it seemed like too much of a cosmic coincidence anyway. If Equestria wasn't being spied on, then the humans knowing anything at all about them before the portal was created seemed impossible. It was probably best not to think too deeply into this fact, like thinking about paradoxes. It just gives one a headache without really getting anywhere.

"You all can probably stay with me and Spike in the castle tower I stay at while in Canterlot, or we can all go to a hotel." She reminded the others about the tower, the one she'd lent to Rarity that one time.

AJ's idea was a good one, though Twilight already was home. She felt like she needed to take a second bath though. She had been sweating a bit previously, and even though her mane and tail were probably dry now it was improper to meet aliens in any form of sweaty state.

After putting away her crown she went off to draw herself another bath, after which she would get dressed properly and take the Express with the others. Or she could bathe when they arrived. Decisions, decisions. Nah, now seemed like a good time.

Edited by bronislav84