Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Steven Universe Fanclub

darkwingmare

OHHHHH MYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOD!

So I was thinking about whether or not Rose was Lion, trying to find evidence. I thought maybe since Rose was "half of steven" as she stated only half of her was a part of him and the other half was lion. Although then I remembered someone here said something about Lion being a familiar. That has to be it! A familiars job is to carry out orders and protect it's master, so if Lion was Rose's familiar he becomes stevens after the transformation. Then every time steven was in danger, like of the sand gem, he was there to protect him. Lion doesn't express love to Steven because familiars really can't can they? So when they were playing together he just ignored steven. Everything is so clear now. :o

I like this theory. It's also foreshadowed by connie's favorite book series, where she has to explain what a familiar is to Steven Several times.

There's an episode coming up that I believe will elaborate on the book series, so I'm hoping htey confirm this theory.

• Brohoof 3

Welcome to Steven's Universe! It will only get better, believe me! You have much awesomeness and sadness ahead of you. Embrace yourself.  :lol:  Hope to see you on here soon again.

And to you, too! Welcome to Steven's Universe! We're the Crystal Gems, and we'll be your host! XD

No but really, that's great! The first episode is brilliant indeed! Who doesn't want to taste that superduperyummy Cookie Cat?!

YES! I thought about that too, and I just... Yes, that's probably, definitely how it is. But then, I suppose that gems like Pearl and Jasper who haven't had to give up their physical form, don't have one?  :huh:  Cause then we'd probably be introduced to their familiars already? When Rose had to give her gem to Steven, she felt like she had to place the other half of her somewhere else, to be able to have something watch over Steven when she's not able to be there for him? I can imagine that she would trust the gems and Greg to take care of him, but that she would want something of her own to watch over and take care of him as well, revealing what's left after her to Steven in due time.. Something to keep her things safe in until Steven was ready to receive it and get to know everything about her and her past.

I just thought about this, too... I'm changing topic, to let you know. Can gems give birth without a human involved?

Since Rebecca clearly have told us that gems are an alien species, they are genderless but they always go by the pronoun "she/her".. Could it be that gems sexual interactions would be fusing, and that's it? Or can they actually have sexual interactions and give birth, like Rose did? Rose obviously had to give her own life up to make Steven... So is that how it would work, then? And if both of the parents were gems, would they both have to give up their forms, or just the pregnant gem??

I'm just curious. Any thoughts on this, fellow Crystal gems?  :fiery:

That actually makes a lot of sense about Rose--that Lion is the "leftover" half that didn't go into making Steven.  I don't think Gems usually have familiars, because the Crystal Gems were completely flummoxed by Lion.  If Gems regularly had familiars, then I'm sure they would have made that connection once they realized Lion belonged to Rose.

Well gems are born from gemstones as shown in the show with the kindergarden- and because they mass produced them there are tons of crazy ones like that centipeedle. But there are actually species irl with only females- although they do reproduce asexually and are basically clones.

As for reproduction--I don't think Gems reproduce sexually, at least not anymore.  All human functions (like sleep, eating, etc.) appear foreign to them, and the fact that Rose created Steven seems particularly confusing to most of them (Garnet just rolls with it, but that's Garnet).

It seems to me, that the Gems function as a "source code" for the Gems, as genetic material does for life on Earth.  After all, the only way to permanently damage them is to damage their Gem, which then causes "errors" of various kinds (Lapis's malfunctioning recall, Amethyst's loss of form/speech, the monsters), much as mutations in genetic (or computer) code. 

Another look at the Kindergarten reveals another interesting clue--it it just me, or do those machines look phages?

(FYI, Bacteriophages are a form of virus that inject their genetic material into a bacterial host, which then mistakes the material for its own and uses it to build new viruses.)

Anyway, this resemblance makes me think that Gems reproduce by injecting their "code" into suitable mineral deposits.  Once the Gem is formed, it can produce a body in the same way Pearl does after being "killed".  That's probably why they need to colonize new planets too--they've run out of suitable material on their own planet and need to expand onto others with the right mineral makeup.

Maybe at one point the Gems had a more "organic" method of reproduction related to fusion (perhaps the method Rose resorted to with Greg), but it looks like this got phased out in favor of the "Kindergarten"-method (possibly because their original mode of reproduction required the dissolution of one or more parents).

Edited by BlueSkies
  • Brohoof 3

Well gems are born from gemstones as shown in the show with the kindergarden- and because they mass produced them there are tons of crazy ones like that centipeedle. But there are actually species irl with only females- although they do reproduce asexually and are basically clones.

Yes, but as far as we know, most gems were born/created on other planets. Pearl, Peridot and Lapis were most likely not created the same way Amathyst and possibly(?) Jasper was, since she might have been mass produced on earth like we know Amathyst have.

That with the genders are true, though! But the theory is a bit weak, if you know what I'm saying?

I'm just really curious, and I'm thinking about it a lot! I haven't found anything with Rebecca responding to a question like that either.. HMMM.

• Brohoof 1

Maybe at one point the Gems had a more "organic" method of reproduction related to fusion (perhaps the method Rose resorted to with Greg), but it looks like this got phased out in favor of the "Kindergarten"-method (possibly because their original mode of reproduction required the dissolution of one or more parents).

I definitely get what you're saying with all of this, it's really interesting to read. Perhaps there are several ways to reproduce for gems, however, you're probably right about that gems don't do it sexually. This was a really good response, thank you! I'll keep thinking about this.

• Brohoof 1

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/03/steven-universe-site-launching-soon.html

There's a Steven Universe site opening up soon that will be related to Equestria Daily.

But what I wanted to say is that some comments call this show "dumb". At least it's not as dumb as Ed, Edd, n Eddy.

I seriously did not expect this show to take off at this size. I watched it since the show premiered on CN, so it was barely even known then. Now it may eventually stand a chance to the Brony fandom especially since it has an OC formula aka Gem + Weapon + Color Scheme.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/03/steven-universe-site-launching-soon.html

There's a Steven Universe site opening up soon that will be related to Equestria Daily.

But what I wanted to say is that some comments call this show "dumb". At least it's not as dumb as Ed, Edd, n Eddy.

I LOVE THIS!! Please keep me updated if there will be more updates on this, since I don't follow Equestria Daily!

And oh my gosh, sorry, I just need to vent a little bit about this ...............

( RANT ABOUT RUDE COMMENTS IN THE COMMENT SECTION ON EQD. )

The freakin' rude comments, I could just punch some people for how blind they are, some people(no, I would obviously never punch anyone for real)... SERIOUSLY? They're as blind to new shows as people outside the pony fandom are. If they're getting upset over how "outside people" treats what WE like, meaning MLP;FiM, how shitty isn't it for THEM, as a brony(who should understand how it feels to have their favorite show getting hated on).. To sit and discriminate another show just because THEY think it's weird? I get so mad at some people, seriously. How narrow-minded can you be????? GOD! I'm happy that the majority of the comments are positive, but seriously. That one pony, couldn't be more irritating with their attitude, could they?  Grrrr. I'm very defensive with what I like, I'm sorry if I sounded rude, I never mean to. It just upsets me a lot when people have such a closed-up view on things, when I myself always try to be really open-minded for others sake. I guess some just... Never give in, do they?  :okiedokielokie:

I seriously did not expect this show to take off at this size. I watched it since the show premiered on CN, so it was barely even known then. Now it may eventually stand a chance to the Brony fandom especially since it has an OC formula aka Gem + Weapon + Color Scheme.

Me neither! I watched it since the pilot episode got released, and I'm blown away by how huge it got the past week! Like, people have barely known what it is up til now, and I've been struggling to get my closest friends to watch it.. I've barely succeeded. But NOW, everyone have watched it everywhere, I'm just amazed by how much it has grown! I'm so proud of Steven. *happytears*

Edited by darkwingmare
  • Brohoof 4

I LOVE THIS!! Please keep me updated if there will be more updates on this, since I don't follow Equestria Daily!

And OH MY GOD, sorry for my language after this point! ...............

The f*cking rude comments, I could just strangle no people for how blind they are, some people(no, I would obviously never strangle anyone for real)... SERIOUSLY? They're as blind to new shows as people outside the pony fandom are. If they're getting upset over how "outside people" treats what WE like, meaning MLP;FiM, how shitty isn't it for THEM, as a brony, sit and discriminate another show just because THEY think it's weird? I get so mad at some people, seriously. How narrow-minded can you be?????? GOD. I'm happy that the majority of the comments are positive, but seriously. That one pony, couldn't be more irritating with their attitude, can they?  

Bronies are no longer labeled as loving or tolerant since I believe the Super Bowl Ad. Those guys are FIESTY!

Like Seriously:

"Not pony. Not interested. *closes door*"

Makes me want to just throw that guy out of the fandom. He could of always just stayed quiet and kept the thought to himself! And 50 likes on it too...

I don't trust this fandom anymore.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Bronies are no longer labeled as loving or tolerant since I believe the Super Bowl Ad. Those guys are FIESTY!

Like Seriously:

"Not pony. Not interested. *closes door*"

Makes me want to just throw that guy out of the fandom. He could of always just stayed quiet and kept the thought to himself! And 50 likes on it too...

I don't trust this fandom anymore.

Yes, well, I think the brony fandom in general is VERY nice, I have never felt threatened on THIS forum, ever.. Or seen any rude comments on here, for anything. So I'm happy for that, I really like how supportive the brony community is and how sweet everyone is towards each other. But some of those comments are so much bullcrap.

I'm especially mad because of this one person, I won't mention any usernames, but...

"God I hate that show." "I have watched it, and I think it is stupid. It reminds me of shows like uncle grandpa and teen titans go. Two horrible horrible shows." How DARE they compare SU to those two?!?!? Then this person have gotten really rather friendly responses by sweet bronies who also like Steven Universe, like us... That gently explains what the show really is about and that they shouldn't judge it like that. And what does the other person respond to this sweet person??? Well, TAKE A GOOD LOOK: "I don't care how epic the story is on the surface. I hate the art style, I don't like the voice acting, I don't like the plot in general, and it's just too goofy and cheesy. The fact that it relies on slapstick and shock humor for most of its comedy(As do all of CN's current programing) sickens me." YOU sicken me with this attitude, you closed-up person who's most likely a troll! We don't want any frikkin' trolls in the brony community, GET OUT!

People can think whatever they want, but if it's negative, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF, or discuss it with UNDERSTANDING and REASON. Don't just.. Do this! Someone will eventually get hurt, which is not okay! NEVER okay!

Edited by darkwingmare
  • Brohoof 2

One thing is that makes SU stand out is how it does touch on mature themes

and subjects at times but keeps in a good balance of light humor and drama

to keep the show going. I mean the show deals with the "subject" of death and

loosing a loved one with Rose Quartz but also sacrifice given she gave

up her life to make sure her son lived and also got her gem.

• Brohoof 4

Yes, well, I think the brony fandom in general is VERY nice, I have never felt threatened on THIS forum, ever.. Or seen any rude comments on here, for anything. So I'm happy for that, I really like how supportive the brony community is and how sweet everyone is towards each other. But some of those comments are so much bullcrap.

I'm especially mad because of this one person, I won't mention any usernames, but...

"God I hate that show." "I have watched it, and I think it is stupid. It reminds me of shows like uncle grandpa and teen titans go. Two horrible horrible shows." How DARE they compare SU to those two?!?!? Then this person have gotten really rather friendly responses by sweet bronies who also like Steven Universe, like us... That gently explains what the show really is about and that they shouldn't judge it like that. And what does the other person respond to this sweet person??? Well, TAKE A GOOD LOOK: "I don't care how epic the story is on the surface. I hate the art style, I don't like the voice acting, I don't like the plot in general, and it's just too goofy and cheesy. The fact that it relies on slapstick and shock humor for most of its comedy(As do all of CN's current programing) sickens me." YOU sicken me with this attitude, you closed-up person who's most likely a troll! We don't want any frikkin' trolls in the brony community, GET OUT!

People can think whatever they want, but if it's negative, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF, or discuss it with UNDERSTANDING and REASON. Don't just.. Do this! Someone will eventually get hurt, which is not okay! NEVER okay!

There's always gonna be people who shit on the things others love.  It sucks that some of these people are bronies, but there's just so many bronies that at least some of them are going to be dicks, statistically speaking.  It's frustrating, but better to either ignore them or answer with humor/grace.  If they go overboard, you can try reporting them. 

A little venting is OK, but there's no point in shouting about it.  Tbh, it stresses me out.  Can we just go back to being happy/emotionally traumatized about SU?  :kindness:

I agree.  There's some people complaining about how SU is part of a trend towards "darker" or "grittier" cartoons, but I disagree.  I think it tackles relevant issues with surprising tact, while never losing its sense of humor.  Kids need more shows like this, not fewer. :)

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

There's always gonna be people who shit on the things others love.  It sucks that some of these people are bronies, but there's just so many bronies that at least some of them are going to be dicks, statistically speaking.  It's frustrating, but better to either ignore them or answer with humor/grace.  If they go overboard, you can try reporting them. 

A little venting is OK, but there's no point in shouting about it.  Tbh, it stresses me out.  Can we just go back to being happy/emotionally traumatized about SU?  :kindness:

Yes, I'm very aware of this. I don't usually do this, I just got a bit carried away within my frustration.  -_-  There are always going to be rude people, no matter where you turn, and it's just to accept and calmly keep on with what you believe in. I'm usually never angry for anything and I didn't mean to stress anyone out. I even got stressed out myself when I went back to read my vent posts. I don't want to make anyone feel uneasy on here! It's never good to face rude comments with new rude comments. I'm sorry for my behaviour. I'm hiding everything in the spoiler tag not to have it so open for people to see, this is a fanclub for SU fans after all, no anger ventilation tag! Let's get back our wonderful show.  :rarity:

Anyhow! Have you guys seen Sadie's mom??? She's really adorable! I would definitely assume that the lady standing right next to Sadie in this picture is her mom? You know, the mom that make her lunch everyday? 

img-3581835-1-tumblr_nl4dh033KY1qjssm1o1

I would definitely agree too! Loss is very hard for cartoon shows to take on, it's a very sensitive subject for many. Especially parents, and Steven takes it on rather nicely without offending anyone in any way. It just makes it very beautiful to me, and I've cried several times to the episodes, because I know someone very close to me, who's mom has passed, and I relate her very much to Rose. It have made me feel for Steven and the show even more than necessary, to be honest. I cried SO much to the "Lion 3" episode. It really helps though, cause Steven is such a great role model for it.

However, it's shown in a cute way and that she did something good when she passed, and she keeps on living in the people around her. It's a very important message for people who's already tackling these things as it is. Children need it to be shown for them in a good way, which the Stevencrew really succeeds with.

Aside from loss, they also show very much how to see life, and how to tackle other feelings. Their characters are so alive, and it's absolutely amazing how well they portray things people have to deal with everyday. Like Lars insecurity about who he is and what he should act like, for example. Steven is a GREAT inspiration and idol for kids, as well, always looking to the bright side, always speaking from his heart, and he always knows what to do by just feeling what's wrong and not. He's an amazing character, and definitely someone I want to be, even though I'm pretty far from there yet. I'm struggling to see things as Steven does.

Same with genders. Genders don't even matter in this show, cause there are genderless aliens who don't even care. We need that too, and children need to learn not to go by the gender stereotypes. The genders are really washed into our society nowadays, so... I think it's great what SU brings it forth. That's just my personal opinion though, but I think children should have their freedom of choosing wether they want blue or pink, without getting bullied for choosing the opposite of what's normal for their sex. I can keep mentioning things that the show does for good, but that would take forever. I just LOVE THIS SHOW.

It's all for the good of it! Believe in Steven! 

Juego-Gratis-de-Steven-Universe.jpg

Cause he's the most fantastic little animated boy you'll ever see. <3 I love him.

Edited by darkwingmare
  • Brohoof 4

Yes, I'm very aware of this. I don't usually do this, I just got a bit carried away within my frustration.  -_-  There are always going to be rude people, no matter where you turn, and it's just to accept and calmly keep on with what you believe in. I'm usually never angry for anything and I didn't mean to stress anyone out. I even got stressed out myself when I went back to read my vent posts. I don't want to make anyone feel uneasy on here! It's never good to face rude comments with new rude comments. I'm sorry for my behaviour. I'm hiding everything in the spoiler tag not to have it so open for people to see, this is a fanclub for SU fans after all, no anger ventilation tag! Let's get back our wonderful show.  :rarity:

Anyhow! Have you guys seen Sadie's mom??? She's really adorable! I would definitely assume that the lady standing right next to Sadie in this picture is her mom? You know, the mom that make her lunch everyday? 

img-3581835-1-tumblr_nl4dh033KY1qjssm1o1

Thanks for giving such a thoughtful and mature answer.  There is hope for the Internet yet! :)

And that is totally Sadie's mom!  The family resemblance is striking--so adorable!  I hope we get to meet her for real soon. :pinkie:

• Brohoof 2

Thanks for giving such a thoughtful and mature answer.  There is hope for the Internet yet! :)

And that is totally Sadie's mom!  The family resemblance is striking--so adorable!  I hope we get to meet her for real soon. :pinkie:

Of course, I don't want to rub off any bad aura onto people on here, I really like all of you, and I'm so happy to have you here discussing things with me. No need to be hectic about things, right?  ^_^  I apologize yet again, I hope you have a nice night or.. Day, or morning or.. You get it!  :lol:

Right? It totally is! I really hope so too! For now, have some cute fanart I found of her! <333

tumblr_nlahthrVhV1qjssm1o1_500.pngtumblr_nlahthrVhV1qjssm1o2_500.png

Truly adorable! The cute art is by http://bonehatter.tumblr.com/ - An amazing artist, that basically only draws Steven Universe related things! I'm constantly peeking into her blog, because she updates very often with great AU's and stuff! Very much about Lars and Sadie. I'll never say no to anything Larsadie related, ever.  :wub:

• Brohoof 2

Of course, I don't want to rub off any bad aura onto people on here, I really like all of you, and I'm so happy to have you here discussing things with me. No need to be hectic about things, right? ^_^ I apologize yet again, I hope you have a nice night or.. Day, or morning or.. You get it! :lol:

We all have our days where everything just spills out- no harm taken. Plus I completely agreed with everything you said so basically you just said what everyone must of been thinking.

And remember: If every porkchop were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs!

Edited by Ryzu
  • Brohoof 2

Thats the thing with SU I love is the depth and humor but also you get some very "human" moments

even with the Gems. Pearl shows this in her depth and mother like figure to Steven and tries to understand

his "human" world in her own ways. Kids do need to learn things but given the cartoons these days like

Uncle Grandpa...(eyes bleed in watching it) and the other nick trash...(Korra is not part of that!) is teaching

kids nothing!  Gumball I do like,  and it has good moments and a nice humor of the more slapstick type

you use to see!

• Brohoof 2

Thanks for giving such a thoughtful and mature answer.  There is hope for the Internet yet!
 Of course there is. The internet is just going through some awkward teen years. :P

Yeah that probably is Sadie's mother, but what about Lars parents? The way that screen shot is laid out seems to put everyone together according to relationships. So either Lars is related to Onion, Mr. Smiley, or he just lives alone.
  • Brohoof 2

Yeah that probably is Sadie's mother, but what about Lars parents? The way that screen shot is laid out seems to put everyone together according to relationships. So either Lars is related to Onion, Mr. Smiley, or he just lives alone.

Maybe Mr. Smiley?

Or he doesn't want to stand near them.  He seems like the kind of kid who would want to avoid being seen with his parents.  XP

He doesn't seem old enough to live alone yet . . . all of his friends (and people he wishes he were friends with) still live at home.  I kinda assume they're all in the 15-17 age range.

• Brohoof 3

Maybe Mr. Smiley?

Or he doesn't want to stand near them.  He seems like the kind of kid who would want to avoid being seen with his parents.  XP

He doesn't seem old enough to live alone yet . . . all of his friends (and people he wishes he were friends with) still live at home.  I kinda assume they're all in the 15-17 age range.

Well it is an emergency so his usual tendencies might not necessarily kick in. :shrug:

I agree with you on the other two points

Edited by IvoryDreamer
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Everything about her appearance points to that it's Sadie's mother, yes. Not many doubts about it!

What bothers me is that her mom seems to live with her, but in "Lion 3: Straight to the Video", Sadie calls her mom from work to ask her about if she possibly could start making her lunch bags again.

I assume they put it that way because it would take too long to follow Sadie home after work to hear her talking to her mom OR, Sadie felt like talking to her mom right away, being in the fuzzy mood and all after watching the tape Rose had made for Steven.

The message there would probably be that you should appreciate what your mom does for you and that she's usually there for you, even if she can be annoying at times. This is also very important for children to learn, as well as for more grown up people like ourselves...

Lars and Sadie are two of my absolute favorite characters in the show, to be honest. I've watched the episodes specifically about them several more times than I've watched the rest of the episodes, and I've thought a lot about their relationship and how they matter as characters. They are really interesting to follow, and I love them most of all. After Steven, of course.  :derp:

Anyway, moving on to Lars. As everyone who have actually watched the entire show so far would know, Lars is a VERY insecure character, who cares A LOT about what people think about him and what they might be talking about behind his back. He doesn't want to be talked about, unless it's about something good.. But to be fair, (probably) barely even then either.

If we look back to the episode "Horror Club", we get to take part of a flashback with Ronaldo and Lars from their past, from several years back. I could imagine they're around 10-12 years old at that point? And they're hanging out in their "secret" base.

Ronaldo then 'accidentally' snaps a pretty awkward photo of Lars getting hit in the face by a piece of wood. Ronaldo freaks out and wants to send the photo to the news, saying it's real evidence for paranormal activity, the house being possessed and all that. Lars then takes the photo and rips it into pieces. Ronaldo being Ronaldo, gets very upset over that his evidence is ruined and they start to fight. Ronaldo then yells at Lars: "WHY DO YOU CARE SO MUCH ABOUT WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK?!?!" and Lars responds; "You wouldn't say that if you knew what other people say about you!".

In conclusion, Lars have probably heard people talk a lot of shit behind other people's backs. I assume he have heard either his parents gossip about other people, or just other kids in his age. Therefore, he's scared that people will talk about HIM, the way they talk about others.. Which is probably not very pleasant to listen to.

It's still very likely that his parents are busy people, mostly working their bums off, either at home on the computer but most likely somewhere outside town. Just spending most of their time at work or something else. I can believe that Lars really doesn't like his parents for acting and living like this and they have probably never spent much time on Lars either.

OR, he just lives on his own and works to pay the bills, etc. Maybe he's dad an alcoholic, so he felt like he had to move? Maybe he's got a really big family and he's the oldest, so he felt like he needed to move out?(That wouldn't be very likely though, since we already have proof of that Lars lived in Beach City when he was younger) It could be simple, it could be deep. Who knows? We haven't gotten any hints on anything from the show, really. Not much at all about Lars background or how he's holding up with life.

In "Joking Victim" though, we get to see Lars house and it seems to be pretty small, yet quite fancy. He's got a big backyard with a trampoline and everything.

No one opens the door when Sadie knocks on it, so I'd assume that his parents aren't home, if they even live there with him. He's also got game consoles and such too, so... He probably makes enough money with his work for everything to go around??? Gosh, I'm just wildly guessing right now.

fpbw4.jpg

ANYWAY.

I'd love to hear and see more official facts about Lars, his past and his family. Hopefully, we will get to see more in the future episodes. <3 Sorry for the wall of text, I could just talk about Lars and Sadie forever.

NOTE: Sour Cream(the DJ guy with the white hair to the far left in the picture), doesn't have his parents close by either. I wouldn't suppose they're out of frame either, I just don't think they're there with him. He seems to be just as old as Lars and Sadie, if not one or two years older. Still, this could be more proof of why it would be pretty accurate for Lars to live on his own too.

Edited by darkwingmare
  • Brohoof 1

NOTE: Sour Cream(the DJ guy with the white hair to the far left in the picture), doesn't have his parents close by either. I wouldn't suppose they're out of frame either, I just don't think they're there with him. He seems to be just as old as Lars and Sadie, if not one or two years older. Still, this could be more proof of why it would be pretty accurate for Lars to live on his own too.

I think Sour Creme is related to Onion. They both have lighter than normal skin colors, along with the dad of course, and their names make a pun! There is a a chip flavor called "Sour Creme & Onion". So yes it can be true that he lives alone considering his dad is away at see most of the time.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I think Sour Creme is related to Onion. They both have lighter than normal skin colors, along with the dad of course, and their names make a pun! There is a a chip flavor called "Sour Creme & Onion". So yes it can be true that he lives alone considering his dad is away at see most of the time.

That could be true, their names make a pun. But that's basically all, I think. Onion don't have any ears and neither does his dad, and they're blonde, Sour Cream is white. Your theory could be right though, maybe they have different mothers??? Perhaps Onions mother's a gem, but that doesn't explain why his dad haven't got any ears too.. It's all complicated. 

Edited by darkwingmare
  • Brohoof 1

That could be true, their names make a pun. But that's basically all, I think. Onion don't have any ears and neither does his dad, and they're blonde, Sour Cream is white. Your theory could be right though, maybe they have different mothers??? Perhaps Onions mother's a gem, but that doesn't explain why his dad haven't got any ears too.. It's all complicated. 

Lars might live on his own, but I doubt it.  While moderately competent (as seen on the island), he remains incredibly immature.  His severe insecurity leads me to believe he'd likely be too embarrassed to be seen with his parent(s)/guardian(s).  The idea that they're perpetually absent has some merit to it as well, though it isn't necessarily true.  Another possibility, is that his parents are looked down on or ostracized by Beach City.  Seeing how people treat his parent(s) might cause Lars's self-consciousness as he tries to avoid the same fate.

Knowing the show's humor, I would not be at all surprised to learn that Sour Cream is Onion's brother.  The pun is just too good to resist.  While more independent than some characters, I don't see much reason to believe the DJ's living on his own either. 

And the Gems have ears.  Onion's weird, but I'm sure we'd know if he had a Gem for a mother.  First of all, the likelihood that another uncorrupted Gem remained on Earth for 5,000 years without Garnet ever picking her up with her Future Sight seems unlikely.  That this Gem, probably from the anti-human side of the war (since she never tried to contact the Crystal Gems), would then decide to give up her life to produce a child with a human around the same time Rose had done the same . . . well, I find that very hard to believe.

Whether or not Sour Cream and Onion are related, I don't think Onion's much more than a strange, slightly creepy little son of a fisherman.

• Brohoof 3

Lars might live on his own, but I doubt it.  While moderately competent (as seen on the island), he remains incredibly immature.  His severe insecurity leads me to believe he'd likely be too embarrassed to be seen with his parent(s)/guardian(s).  The idea that they're perpetually absent has some merit to it as well, though it isn't necessarily true.  Another possibility, is that his parents are looked down on or ostracized by Beach City.  Seeing how people treat his parent(s) might cause Lars's self-consciousness as he tries to avoid the same fate.

Knowing the show's humor, I would not be at all surprised to learn that Sour Cream is Onion's brother.  The pun is just too good to resist.  While more independent than some characters, I don't see much reason to believe the DJ's living on his own either. 

And the Gems have ears

Whether or not Sour Cream and Onion are related, I don't think Onion's much more than a strange, slightly creepy little son of a fisherman.

YOU'RE RIGHT! This could be very possible! They're either rich, and often gossip about others and such, I already explained all this with my crappy English(I hope that people understand what I'm writing)... But it could also be other way around, that's a very interesting thought. I'd believe more in your theory, now that I got my eyes opened to it. It's most likely how it is and it would definitely explain his personality a lot more than what I thought of.

You're so great at this, I'm happy to have you here! Everything you write is very legit and thought-through. I guess it's yet to see, I'm really hoping for more episodes with Lars and Sadie involved, 'cause they're my darlings. They really are. Since they're such good friends with Steven(who isn't?), I hope to see them more involved with his life too. He's got a lot on his shoulders right now after all, I'd like to see them help Steven in some way. Sadie is already doing a great job as it is though, but I'd like to see more. With so many new episodes to come, I can only hope for it! 

I don't think Sour Cream could make a living on his own either to be honest, it wouldn't go around quite well for him if he was. He doesn't do anything but acting up as DJ at parties from what we know of so far.

Ohhhh my! There we have it! Once again, you're brilliant!  :lol:  Theory broken, it would make much more sense this way. Still, people like to use their fantasy to make characters deeper, so who knows what will come up! I'm excited!

• Brohoof 2

It's possible if they both have a dominant and recessive gene, but anyways yea they're most likely related since they are even put side by side in the picture where all the families and relations were close together.

• Brohoof 1