Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Steven Universe Fanclub

darkwingmare

@darkwingmare Yeah me too! and now I have a place to talk about it with fans of mlp........... excuse me, I MUST go watch Jailbreak for the 1927384567th time. I was doing really well too. It's been only 7 hours since I've watched it last. There will be a day when I go a full 24 hours without watching Jailbreak again. But it is not this day! 

Edited by Leo Mane
  • Brohoof 3

So who else wishes the Uncle Grandpa crossover isn't a thing that's about to happen in a few days?

Well, I'm used to Steven Universe episodes that make me tear up. This one's just for other reasons...

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

So who else wishes the Uncle Grandpa crossover isn't a thing that's about to happen in a few days?

I so wish it didn't. Steven is so different from Uncle Grandpa. They're two shows with two completely different meanings, I have no idea what they were thinking writing this.... I'm keeping my hopes up for that the Steven crew can pull this off greatly anyhow. 

So one of the writers for SU tweeted this out.

img-3621828-1-cVMysN6.png

The hype is here! :D

OHHH MY GOSH! What is coming for us?!?!?! I'm not going to be ready whenever it hits us!

This show has made me cry on more then one occasion...

But thats not a bad thing. This truely is my favrite show. Yes even above MLP

We seem to feel the same way about the show! I also enjoy it A LOT.. Actually, way more than I enjoy MLP.  Once again, MLP is a different kind of show than Steven Universe, so it's a bit cruel to compare the two, but Steven Universe is definitely superior, in my opinion. Not the slightest doubt about that.

Edited by darkwingmare
  • Brohoof 2

How did I not find this place sooner. I'm a HUGE Steven Universe fan, it's probably my favorite show on CN. It's such an awesome show that is really different than any show CN has had in years imo. The characters, the story, the lore, the style, and last but not least the music drew me into this show. With that being said Pearl is my favorite Gem with Lapis closely following. My favorite song from the show is "Stronger Than You", favorite episodes are "Giant Woman", "Steven's Lion", "Jail Break", and "On The Run". And I can not wait for the Steven Universe Attack the Light game to release, it looks awesome, here a link to a preview https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9UDT17mInDA

• Brohoof 2

I have been marathoning through the episodes nonstop (except for sleeping) since last night and I can now officially say I'm a fan of this show. I'll go more in depth in a blog review but let me just say, how may people ship Steven and Connie?

And here is that review right here: http://mlpforums.com/blog/1197/entry-15856-chikorita-reviews-steven-universe/

• Brohoof 2

So one of the writers for SU tweeted this out.

img-3621828-1-cVMysN6.png

The hype is here! :D

Sweet mother of Steven, what's gonna happen? OMG they are too good with the suspense! 

I'm actually excited to see this just to see it happen... like going to see a building detonate or a train wreck. They're so different. What happens when a positive force meets a negative force? Pretty neat stuff! We'll see.

THE ONLY THING THE BUGS ME IS THE FACT THAT IT'S GONNA BE CANON!!! In a promo UG knocks on Steven's gem and it knocks back... could be canon for a good reason. And UG is everyone's Uncle and Grandpa. Like I said, we'll see!

That seems like an... odd combo of shows to cross over. I don't really like Uncle Grandpa that much.  I did see a sneak peek for it and l will say there is a brilliant 4th wall gag in there.

• Brohoof 1

That seems like an... odd combo of shows to cross over. I don't really like Uncle Grandpa that much.  I did see a sneak peek for it and l will say there is a brilliant 4th wall gag in there.

I definitely can't deny that the 4th wall thing was clever. However, I still can't see this working out very well. It's two completely different worlds, but I hope they can make it work somehow.

Seriously though! The Promos I've seen have been horrible. The Crystal gems a genderless aliens from space, basically... And they think that Uncle Grandpa is wacko and weird. They FREAK OUT about his actions. That's not a thing that would usually happen with them. Their universes really crash into each other, making a big mess of nothing. I'm sure it will be funny to see some nicely put together jokes and it will be cool to get to see the Gems react in such a way, freaking out like that. I love Pearl's reactions so far, they are wonderful. <333

New episode today, who's excited about this one and who is not?

• Brohoof 1

DId anyone catch the Say Uncle episode? I really enjoyed it! It was an episode for the fandom! 

It does feel like one of those episodes that was more of a fanfiction. Heck, at one point he even says it's not cannon and then literally sunk Lars and Sadie's ship. It did do good on the 4th wall gags. Oh, and apparently Uncle Grandpa helps all the Cartoon Network characters.

• Brohoof 2

I wanted to vom the entire time I watched the new episode. I'm so glad amethyst ate the pizza guy and the fact he said it's not canon though.

• Brohoof 3

(Say Uncle)
It sure was an episode for the fandom... But to me, it became too much. It was fun at times, like when he sunk Lars and Sadie's ship(NOOOO), when he broke the 4th wall and when he had that list of CN characters to visit, it sort of completed the whole thing and explained it further than just a weird crossover. But other than that, I didn't really like the episode... Sadly! The two world's clashed like strong red and pink colors together. Uncle Grandpa is a show for fun, it's just random and most jokes makes no sense, what so ever. Their characters have their qualities and are one way, and that's it. Steven Universe has so much feelings, pressure and character development that it doesn't really work together with the randomness of Uncle Grandpa. Sure, Steven Universe has it's random episodes now and again but it still keeps the "feelings everywhere" track, no matter what episode it is. It simply became too much and I didn't enjoy how much they tried to make it a good episode. It sure was a good episode for April Fools though... 

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

My main problem with "Say Uncle" is that it felt like an episode of Uncle Grandpa with Steven Universe characters, as opposed to an episode of Steven Universe with Uncle Grandpa characters.

Edited by StoneCold
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

My main problem with "Say Uncle" is that it felt like an episode of Uncle Grandpa with Steven Universe characters, as opposed to an episode of Steven Universe with Uncle Grandpa characters.

That's because it basically was an Uncle Grandpa episode and not a Steven Universe one. When that episode aired, it was "Uncle Grandpa Day" on CN, almost only airing Uncle Grandpa related stuff and then apparently a "special episode" of... Steven Universe??? However, it basically got lead by Uncle Grandpa, so... Yeah. That's probably why. To me, it entirely felt like it was a Uncle Grandpa episode, and I'm definitely not a fan of the show. It's a big disappointment in my opinion. Steven Universe have never let me down before, I've loved every single episode up 'til now. It's a bit frustrating! I'm 99% sure of that the next episode will blow our minds away though.

Edited by darkwingmare

I've started to watch Steven Universe just a week ago, and it shows to be a show that does a lot of things different to most shows today. That, and the high level of writing, is enough to keep me intrigued. Not just that, but the visuals and music are simply gorgeous. Both work so well with the overall theme of SU, and it also inspires me to create pretty backgrounds. And of course, there's the characters. I do like all four Crystal Gems, but my overall favourite has to be Amethyst. Her crude attitude, design and overall imperfection makes me like her more. Although it does make sense as I believe she's a "parasitic" Crystal Gem. I'm also fond of Garnet, especially after her performance in Jailbreak.

I too have watched the Uncle Grandpa crossover, and while I didn't like it, it wasn't because of Uncle Grandpa himself. Although I may be looking too much into it, I do see a fair amount of jabs towards fandoms in general, which I find a little sad. That isn't to say that I didn't liked all of the jokes, though. Some fandom jokes I liked are the "non-canon" joke, and Mr. Gus's lame Gemsona. But mostly the latter, as I myself carefully create a lot of fancharacters for different fandoms.

I can't wait for the next few episodes!

• Brohoof 5

I started watching this show a couple of weeks ago, and I have to say, it's pretty good. It's nothing "amazing", but I like it. Maybe I haven't seen enough episodes, I don't know. Although I do like the art style, music, and characters.

My friends go on and on about how this show is awesome and has "serious emotional moments". I'm gonna continue watching!

In your guys' opinion, what are some of the best episodes in the show? I'd love to watch them.

I started watching this show a couple of weeks ago, and I have to say, it's pretty good. It's nothing "amazing", but I like it. Maybe I haven't seen enough episodes, I don't know. Although I do like the art style, music, and characters.

My friends go on and on about how this show is awesome and has "serious emotional moments". I'm gonna continue watching!

In your guys' opinion, what are some of the best episodes in the show? I'd love to watch them.

Sone of my favorite episode are Steven's Lion, Giant Woman, Monster Buddies, Alone Together, Mirror Gem & Ocean Gem, and The Return & Jail Break. Some of the emotional episodes are An Indirect Kiss, Lion 3: Straight to Video, On The Run, Maximum Capacity, and Rose's Scabbard. And you opinion on it not being amazing will change, I'm sure of it ;)
  • Brohoof 2