Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Steven Universe Fanclub

darkwingmare

More ok on lesbian love in Gem form!  Garnet  ^_^ .  Im glad to see this kind of theme is being lightly pushed

and given in some light-heart humor but it was a good ep on growing up kinda thing.

• Brohoof 3

In, that episode they basically outright said that indeed, Ruby and Sapphire are dating. They would be the first gay couple in a kids cartoon, but The Legend of Korra beat them to it.

Still, it is nice that this stuff is slowly passing.

• Brohoof 4

I really like the recent episode Love Letters. Perhaps what I like most is Garnet. Her thoughts on love and how "love at first sight" doesn't exist is very true. I also like how the show mentions that Garnet is the definition of a relationship. To see more homosexual couples in cartoons these days is fantastic, if not a little bit of a bold move.

Jamie is also a fun character to watch. His goal to become an actor in Cansas is very interesting and his personality is quite cute. I really hope we'll see him again someday.

• Brohoof 3

I like the episode too, but I really hope this isn't going to become a trend from feminists to have every shipping end in the friendzone. Dewey X Pearl forever!  :okiedokielokie:

I like the episode too, but I really hope this isn't going to become a trend from feminists to have every shipping end in the friendzone. Dewey X Pearl forever!  :okiedokielokie:

I hope she shuts him down hard and the feminists rewrite Full Disclosure so Steven tells Connie he never wants to see her again, thereby destroying Connie x Steven forever. In fact, I hope feminists destroy every single relationship in fiction, including everything in Legend of Korra.

• Brohoof 1

That episode literally had zero relevance to friendzoning and had little to do with female empowerment in general (though it certainly suggests it, which is actually really damn great). Can we please not imply that a female-coded character rejecting a male implies some sort of feminist propaganda? 

• Brohoof 2

Watched all of this a few weeks ago at a friend's insistence. At first I didn't think much of it, but the show eventually won me over with quality writing and a lovable cast. One of this show's best traits is that it'll show multiple dimensions of a character even when they're not relevant to the story of an episode. Whether through the Gems' somewhat condescending attitude towards humanity, Amethyst's rocky relationship with Pearl, Lars' very slightly softer side, all of that works wonders towards making everything flow naturally and having everyone feel a little more like people. S'good :). I still wish the episodes were a touch longer, but they do good with what they have.

Best characters for me are:

1: Pearl (Dweeb, I like and relate to overly attached characters)

2: Greg (One of the best fictional fathers ever)

3: Garnet (A silly un'. I like how she's able to be the source of so much of the show's humor despite saying so little)

4: The townspeople in general (Lars, Sadie, Ronaldo, Mayor Dewey, etc. Show has one of the best supporting casts I've ever seen)

5: Steven (He's a good kid. Had to grow on me, but he got there in the end)

• Brohoof 8

Yep, that's an awesome rendition.

Related question, does anyone else listen to the Lunar Sea Spire Steven Universe fan podcast? It's really good. Here's a link to the site: http://www.lunarseaspire.com/

I follow that site regularly and post on there every now and then but haven't listened to any of the pod casts.

Hi. I'm just gonna join in here.... Kay? Kay.

Has anyone else heard this masterpiece btw?

That's just beautiful, I got goosebumps quite a few times while listening to that.

alexander_pierce.png

"For the record, Councilman, I ship Pearl x Dewey. I can show you some fanart, if you'd like."

"For the record, Councilman, I ship Pearl x Dewey. I can show you some fanart, if you'd like."

I used to ship Garnet and Pearl, even after Jailbreak, but I can't really do that in good conscience after "Love Letters" :x

For me the main ships are the boring ones since I don't like trying to force ships. Steven x Connie is adorable, I want Lars x Saddie to work out in the end, and ever since that one fan comic I really hope Jamie x Kevin becomes a thing xD

I follow that site regularly and post on there every now and then but haven't listened to any of the pod casts.

I highly recommend it, they've got a good mix of fans who like to focus on story/lore, a guy who really likes the character-episodes, etc.

Edited by TenorSounds

I used to ship Garnet and Pearl, even after Jailbreak, but I can't really do that in good conscience after "Love Letters" :x

For me the main ships are the boring ones since I don't like trying to force ships. Steven x Connie is adorable, I want Lars x Saddie to work out in the end, and ever since that one fan comic I really hope Jamie x Kevin becomes a thing xD

Pearl secretly ships with everyone.

There's some suggestion she may be especially attached to Garnet (see their fusion dance), perhaps because Garnet is the Gems' surrogate leader now. Pearl and Rose were definitely an item, although I suspect the infatuation was a bit one-sided on Pearl's end.

• Brohoof 1

It's official; I'm joining this club. Steven Universe is just pure emotional brilliance in animated form; officially #2 on my animated shows list displacing Blazing Dragons.

Also, Pearl...so much Pearl. :wub:

• Brohoof 7

I finally started to watch this show.

I like Steven, but I find the episodes too centered on him...

Pearl is my favorite character. :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It's understandable that the Crew Universe is taking a break now, they have constantly worked on weekly upcoming episodes for two years, I'm more than surprised that they have kept up so neatly for so long and so far. They're truly an amazing crew, and I'm looking forward to seeing many more episodes from them after the hiatus. I sure am going to miss my favorite show while they're cooling down, but let's entertain ourselves and each other with what we've got so far out of this wonderful show.. And it will be back in no time! <33

Believe in Steven!

giphy.gif

Edited by darkwingmare
  • Brohoof 2

I kind of wish the hiatus had come earlier, specifically after "A Story for Steven", as that's my favorite episode. While I did enjoy the latest episode, I would have preferred starting a hiatus with a better taste in my mouth.

(edited)

*appears out of a smoke screen*

WHAZZZAAAP!?!?

Let it be known, I hate the early advertisements for Steven Universe when it was new to Cartoon Network. Because of those ads, I never got even remotely interested until a week ago when I heard this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGnWzdDAXu0

Such a beautiful song...

Anyways, I watched every episode of Steven Universe ever since the pilot, and it took me roughly a week to do it. But I am here now. I watched the latest episode, and let me tell you, I LOVE this show!

Right now my thoughts are so scrambled, each one wanting to be said next. So if some of you were to be so kind as to ask me stuff about my thoughts about SU and stuff so I may get my head together, I'd be really grateful.

Edited by DJShy3

Good news about the hiatus: the next episode will be a two-parter which, as I understand it, will focus on whether or not the Crystal Gems are best for the safety of Beach City.

Hopefully it'll be thought provoking.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

*appears out of a smoke screen*

WHAZZZAAAP!?!?

Let it be known, I hate the early advertisements for Steven Universe when it was new to Cartoon Network. Because of those ads, I never got even remotely interested until a week ago when I heard this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGnWzdDAXu0

Such a beautiful song...

Anyways, I watched every episode of Steven Universe ever since the pilot, and it took me roughly a week to do it. But I am here now. I watched the latest episode, and let me tell you, I LOVE this show!

Right now my thoughts are so scrambled, each one wanting to be said next. So if some of you were to be so kind as to ask me stuff about my thoughts about SU and stuff so I may get my head together, I'd be really grateful.

I made that song my ringtone, here you can download it with this link if you want.

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/d48qzvd38jk9sqj/Full_disclosure_ringtone.m4r

Edited by Saylor Scout