Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Steven Universe Fanclub

darkwingmare

Pearl followed by Garnet and Steven for me. I'm afraid Amethyst would be much further down on my own unwritten list. I'd rank several side characters above her.

Anyway, I'm still playing catchup but I'm almost there. Just a few more episodes to go. I'd be watching them right now but I'm taking a break to process that ten minute slice of awesome known as Jail Break. That song killed me.

• Brohoof 6

It would be nice if someone could add a poll on who is our favorite character between:

Steven

Pearl

Amethyst

Garnet

I'm wondering who is the most popular. :P

Your missing Lapis Lazuli >:|

Though my favorite between those four would be Amethyst. Gotta love them purple ones XD

• Brohoof 2

Pearl and Steven are my favorites. :D Probably can't tell because of my username and avatar and all, but I love Steven just as much as I love Pearl. The kid's got a heart full of kindness and love and he's also so incredibly freaking adorable.

• Brohoof 7

I'd be watching them right now but I'm taking a break to process that ten minute slice of awesome known as Jail Break. That song killed me.

"Garnet! You're a fusion???"

Says the entire Steven Universe fandom.

Also, it seems that at least two fictional Stevens have a poor history of flying aboard advance aircraft and eventually crashing them.

• Brohoof 2

I hope at least some people here watch Steven Universe!

I find this show to be rather deep in story and past (Much like MLP) Though the past is really implied and it makes you wonder about what is going on in that universe (ha pun intended)

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILERSSSS

The Fact that Garnet herself is a fusion and is able to maintain that with someone she /loves/ which is made clear is fasinating along with the most likely canon romance between Rose and Pearl

• Brohoof 3

1. Amethyst
  2. Garnet
  3. Steven
  4. Pearl

I love all four Crystal Gems, but Amethyst always seems to stand out to me. Now I do understand why she isn't as loved as many other characters, but she still has the potential. More specifically, I want to know more about parasitic Gems and how it affects her. If the others gotten a good chunk of development throughout Season 1, then why can't Amy during Season 2? Plus I tend to like characters with crude personalities.

Garnet is a very close second. So much that sometimes I have trouble deciding whether Garnet or Amy is my favourite character of Steven Universe.

Oh hey, more Steven Universe fans! This show is great :D

As for my favorite characters, I'd have to say it's:

1. Greg

2. Garnet

3. Steven

4. Amethyst

5. Pearl

6. Everyone else

• Brohoof 1

You know what, I already mentioned my two favorites, but I'm gonna go ahead and do a proper list anyway because there is an important point that must be made.

1. Pearl

2. Garnet

3. Steven

4. Connie

5. Greg

That point being that Connie is awesome and isn't mentioned anywhere near often enough. :(

• Brohoof 5

Guess I gotta go make a list.

1. Pearl -- SHE'S ADORKABLE -- even if she shows signs of fantastic racism toward humanity.
  2. Steven -- A whimsical, if occasionally childish, charmer. He's grown on me.
  3. Connie -- She and Steven match up really well. I enjoy their dynamic.
  4. Greg -- You can tell he's the source of Steven's boundless whimsy.
  5. Garnet -- Because hidden depths.

I like Amethyst, actually, but I enjoy the above characters just a bit more.

• Brohoof 6

I think I need to watch all of the episodes of season 1 before I choose definitive favorite characters, but my friend introduced me to this show a few days ago and we watched several episodes in a row. I was VERY surprised by how much I enjoyed it. The amount of character that the show has while also having character development AND story development in just 11 minutes bursts is pretty impressive. Each episode felt so much longer than 11 minutes. :P

I will definitely be watching this more, it looks like another one of the animated greats. :D

• Brohoof 4

I think I need to watch all of the episodes of season 1 before I choose definitive favorite characters, but my friend introduced me to this show a few days ago and we watched several episodes in a row. I was VERY surprised by how much I enjoyed it. The amount of character that the show has while also having character development AND story development in just 11 minutes bursts is pretty impressive. Each episode felt so much longer than 11 minutes. :P

The pacing and amount of character development in each episode is one of the show's highlights. Like you said, it's remarkable what can get done in 11 minutes; even if the moral or resolution happens to be fairly clear cut, there's an inherent richness to the characters and their world(s) that keeps the story fresh.

• Brohoof 1

Im leaning on a Garnet for my fav of the jewels but Steven for a win and also Connie for the

humans a bit in show!  None Human: Lion (which I would love a eps on how Rose met Lion

and such and why he has her stuff she wanted to protect...)

• Brohoof 1

Oh my gosh, next episode is a Stevonnie episode, FEAT JAMIE the Mailman! I've noticed how cute he is before, but he's really getting to be in an episode, I hope we get to get to know him better in this next episode!

tumblr_nm9psqzmAf1qdm2wpo2_500.jpg

• Brohoof 3

I just thought I'd share two of my favorite Steven Universe music videos/AMV's. Other people might not be as naive as me, but I get superexcited and happy listening to and watching this video:

And then there's this awesome one as well, made by my favorite Steven Universe fan artist.

• Brohoof 2

Oh my gosh, next episode is a Stevonnie episode, FEAT JAMIE the Mailman! I've noticed how cute he is before, but he's really getting to be in an episode, I hope we get to get to know him better in this next episode!

img-3682084-1-tumblr_nm9psqzmAf1qdm2wpo2

Yeah, I'm pretty excited about this episode as well. "Steven, what's a Wacky Sack?" XD
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

OH MY GOOOOSSHH, I just watched the most recent episode, "Love Letters". Jamie was much more than I expected, he wants to be an ACTOR in CANSAS. That's absolutely adorable! I love how they literally defined Garnet to be the DEFINITION of a relationship. She IS a relationship, she's not Sapphire and Ruby, she's Garnet. I absolutely adore it! I also agree with how Garnet see's love. There is no such thing as "love at first sight", it takes time and you have to at least know the other part. I absolutely love Garnet more for every episode.

And WE GOT TO SEE SADIE'S MOM in person! I'm in love with her, I'm SO happy! Sadie's mom is absolutely adorable, and seemed to be a friend of Greg. My world is only getting more and more complete. So many wonderful, surprising easter eggs in this episode, this makes me so happy, I could burst! Grabbing paper and pen for fanart NEXT!

35lrmnn.png

Edited by darkwingmare
  • Brohoof 7