Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Steven Universe Fanclub

darkwingmare

I was just thinking about the first episode. You know, the one with the big Red Eye? I enjoyed the continuity when they mentioned the Eye in Marble Madness.

However, I realized that this episode captured my attention. I find that interesting. Right from the start I was already loving the show, (maybe love is a little too strong but you know what I mean). The moment that I remember the strongest is when they fire the cannon and Greg is in tears. I think that is what convinced me that this show has merit, and not just another stupid cartoon.

Also, Greg's character is portrayed really well. It is not often that a father is written well in a series.

... I just realized that it was the second episode... Ah well I enjoyed Cookie Cat too. XD

• Brohoof 3

I've been marathoning the episodes to catch up. I'm up to episode 40, or so and it just keeps getting better and better. On a side note, I found out that Garnet's voice actress (Estelle) sung that "American Boy" song. Awesome!

• Brohoof 3

I bet "Story for Steven" formed as many new headcanons as it probably destroyed. Awesome episode.

• Brohoof 6

Wanted to share this; a symphonic metal tribute to Steven Universe by L-Train, who has done similar bits of music for MLP fan projects. :)

• Brohoof 3

Baby bird and her gay feelings. 

hz0rN4h.png

If the haircut and style are any indication, Pearl seems to have enjoyed the 80s and all it had to offer.

• Brohoof 5

I now know who Sour Creme's parents are!

:WARNING: Spoilers from "Story for Steven".

It is Marty and Vidalia!

I am guessing Vidalia is also Onion's mother. As her name, hair, skin color, and the possibility she made Yellowtail cry makes her a type of onion. Making Sour Creme and Onion step brothers... Not the happiest revelation out there :\

• Brohoof 3

Loved the gems different looks in the latest episode! Pearl was my favourite, so cute. x3

I know I'm about 20 episodes behind everyone else but that whole Stevonnie thing was beyond precious. 

I agree! It was very adorable and made me feel the good feels.

• Brohoof 3

I just saw "The Message."

This is why Phase 2 happened. Thanks Peridot!

• Brohoof 1

I think ep 54 hit a good fluffy love theme and made it

work in the best of all rounds! How Rose and Greg

met just made me smile,  also seems Greg does have

some mad talent when it comes to music!

• Brohoof 2

My friends go on and on about how this show is awesome and has "serious emotional moments". I'm gonna continue watching!

In your guys' opinion, what are some of the best episodes in the show? I'd love to watch them.

You probably haven't watched enough episodes yet, nah! I got hooked from the very start, but I know we're all different and I think you need to give it a liiiiiiittle more time! :D As many people say, "it gets better later". 

Well, being a big fan of Larsadie, I love Island Adventure, Lion 3: Back to the Video and Jailbreak. I love all episodes though, I'm all deep in love with this show and have been for years now.

• Brohoof 2

And oh my gosh, I just ADORE all of the episodes in season 2 so far. They are all amazing. With exception for "Say Uncle", cause I do nooot like Uncle Grandpa and the characters got overworked with, Steven was as precious as always though... ALSO UG SUNK MY SHIP! Definitely doesn't make me like him more! *cries*

tumblr_inline_nm7ez23ruH1qbgh4j.gif

It was kinda funny though... XD Anyway!

I LOVE how much more we get to see of Rose, and that the story develops so brilliantly. The burning passion I have for this show will never weaken!  :pinkie:

• Brohoof 8

I LOVE how much more we get to see of Rose, and that the story develops so brilliantly. The burning passion I have for this show will never weaken! :pinkie:

Made me realize how dumb I was trying to imagine what rose was like. She literally is Steven.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Made me realize how dumb I was trying to imagine what rose was like. She literally is Steven.

Basically, yes. He may not be exactly what she was, but he's very alike her in many ways.

img-3658682-1-tumblr_njew4nvQ9k1u8cv1do1

Here's a gif that practically sums up what I love so much about Steven.

I just thought about this though: In the most recent episode "Story for Steven", we get to see how the gem's home looked like before. Then it hit me... They clearly didn't need the house before, 'cause all they needed back then was their separated rooms that they open with each of their specific gems AND the platform to zap themselves to wherever they needed to go.. However, since Steven was born and Rose's room was too dangerous for him, they had to build the house around the platform for his sake only. For him to get a safe home to live in. That's so darn adorable, I can barely process the fact.

Edited by darkwingmare
  • Brohoof 7

However, since Steven was born and Rose's room was too dangerous for him, they had to build the house around the platform for his sake only. For him to get a safe home to live in. That's so darn adorable, I can barely process the fact.

Actually he couldn't open the door but yea it's for his own safety. Adorable :3

• Brohoof 1

Story for Steven makes me really sad in a different way too, though. You can just tell how much happier Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl were when Rose was still there. Literally no responsibility on the three's shoulders, and if the Homeworld Gems should ever return, Rose could protect them. Contrast to how the Crystal Gems are now. Without their leader, they're kind of in disarray. And still grieving, sometimes to the point of emotionally neglecting Steven. 

• Brohoof 6

Story for Steven makes me really sad in a different way too, though. You can just tell how much happier Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl were when Rose was still there. Literally no responsibility on the three's shoulders, and if the Homeworld Gems should ever return, Rose could protect them. Contrast to how the Crystal Gems are now. Without their leader, they're kind of in disarray. And still grieving, sometimes to the point of emotionally neglecting Steven. 

The Gems in general tend to lack insight into the thoughts and emotions of most other creatures (usually humans). Rose appeared to be their empathic glue; without her, the best they can do is take care of business and keep the damage at a minimum. Out of the three, Garnet seems to be the most in tune with the world around her -- she often treats Steven with tenderness -- but even she's occasionally blinded by the sheer weight of their responsibility.

Amethyst's love-hate relationship with Greg and the Gems' general aversion of him indicates they're all hurting pretty badly from losing Rose. On their worst days they're Knight Templar, smashing perceived threats on first approach. Steven is easily the heart of their team now -- and that makes perfect sense, given how he embodies Rose's open-hearted nature and Greg's carefree whimsy.

In summary, the Gems are emotionally stunted.

• Brohoof 6

I just finished catching up with this show yesterday, and it's been a fantastic so far. All the characters are likable (or love to hate territory), and I like the emotional core of this show. My favorite characters would be Lapis Lazuli, Steven Universe, Garnet, Amethyst, Peridot, Greg Universe, and Pearl; and my favorite episodes are So Many Birthdays, Lars and the Cool Kids, Lion 2: The Movie, Beach Party, Monster Buddies, An Indirect Kiss, Mirror Gem, Ocean Gem, House Guest, Space Race, Warp Tour, Alone Together, The Test, Future Vision, On the Run, Winter Forecast, Marble Madness, Rose's Scabbard, The Message, The Return, Jailbreak, Say Uncle, and Story for Steven

Heh...

• Brohoof 5

It would be nice if someone could add a poll on who is our favorite character between:

Steven

Pearl

Amethyst

Garnet

I'm wondering who is the most popular. :P