Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Will we ever see Babs Seed again?

Dannyboy

Given how clear they made it that Babs Seed was no longer part of the CMC, even after the dream sequence, this may have been the writer's way of "killing her off", without actually having her die of course. If it was more important, we would have at least gotten a photo of her Cutie Mark (which we may never find out what it actually looks like; they may "leave it to the viewer's imagination").

Edited by WriteCodes46
  • Brohoof 2

I'm fairly sure that was a Doctor Who reference. Jon Pertwee was the third actor to play The Doctor. He left and Tom Baker took over the role. I'm not quite sure how that ties in with Babs though. Jon did come back for "The Five Doctors", so maybe there's still hope for Babs to return!

img-3682922-1-50th_anniversary_jon_pertw

Oops I misspelled. I was referring to Spike's baby Phoenix, and that they wrote him out of the story after his first episode but with acknowledgement of his existence. Third Doctor was awesome BTW!

It's possible, and with her having her cutie mark I wonder if a certain Snips will find an attraction here. :P

But yeah it's a hook that the writers have thrown us, and I'd like to see this developed.

Oops I misspelled. I was referring to Spike's baby Phoenix, and that they wrote him out of the story after his first episode but with acknowledgement of his existence. Third Doctor was awesome BTW!

Peewee to Pertwee. That was the absolute very best misspelling ever! It even kinda fit the discussion.

:lol:

Given how clear they made it that Babs Seed was no longer part of the CMC, even after the dream sequence, this may have been the writer's way of "killing her off", without actually having her die of course. If it was more important, we would have at least gotten a photo of her Cutie Mark (which we may never find out what it actually looks like; they may "leave it to the viewer's imagination").

Babs drew her Cutie Mark on her letter.

Babs_Letter.jpg

• 1 year later...

Bumping this thread cause I really wanna see her back! If not this season, then she HAS TO come back next season! What are the writers waiting for?! I wanna see her Manehattan CMCs, her sister, and I also wanna see how her life turned out now that she has a CM! She's long overdo with another focused appearance.

I wouldn't be surprised if she appeared in Where the Apple Lies.

Yeah that's what I was thinking! I was hoping for that to be a Babs episode! If not, well there's always season 7, but she's gotta appear there! She's long overdo!

It's possible, but I don't think so. Her destiny was disclosed and there's no real reasons to return her back like reformed Trixie.

sig-4651056.babs_seed_by_jpstardust-d8ra

We never got to know HOW she got her cutie mark, and we never met the Manehattan CMCs, and what they were/are like. They really should've made a Babs episode before Bloom and Gloom, it was a wasted opportunity. But there are still more opportunities! It would be pretty dumb if the writers just ended the show without having one more Babs episode.