Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc The Elements (OOC)

LordSwinton

(edited)

Amber think logically. Why is permission needed to get basic information? It's not like your character's mind us being read or your character is being brutally attacked with all hits connecting. You're just being paranoid. :(

I am thinking logically. And yes, her mind/heart is essentially being read with the changeling's ability, which is giving her quite the advantage.

I'm just saying it seems unfair for the two of you to be able to gather important insight on our characters without actually RPing with us. It seems like ot takes away the purpose of RP, which is interacting with each other through our characters. You're skipping a step.

I know it technically doesn't do any harm, (yet) but it just seems like an unnecessary invasion of a character's privacy. You know?

I know if I were out under this spell/scan, I would be vastly uncomfortable with it.

Anyway, lets move on with the RP. If you want information from Amber, you're going to have to actually talk to her. :P Sorry.

Edited by AmberDust
  • Brohoof 1

Well it was nice meeting you all but I'm going to pull out of the rp!  I wish you the best!

(edited)

I am thinking logically. And yes, her mind/heart is essentially being read with the changeling's ability, which is giving her quite the advantage.

No you're being paranoid and way too self conscious. Neither of us is knows your character's life story IC or cares to know it (At least for the moment), so no your character's mind isn't being read, nor is it an advantage to find out extremely basic information. Really, how is recalling your character's race from looking it up in Sparky's internal database an advantage?

I'm just saying it seems unfair for the two of you to be able to gather important insight on our characters without actually RPing with us. It seems like ot takes away the purpose of RP, which is interacting with each other through our characters. You're skipping a step.

It would be unfair, if actual important insight was being gathered. Seriously how is any of the info gathered for the database important insight? This is in character for my character who is a shy pony who doesn't directly interact unless she has to, especially with there being a lot of players. She's not ready to fully accept these forced friendships just yet.

I know it technically doesn't do any harm, (yet) but it just seems like an unnecessary invasion of a character's privacy. You know?

I know if I were out under this spell/scan, I would be vastly uncomfortable with it.

No, I really don't know because you're being paranoid and I can't identify with what you're saying at all. There's a lot of that in real life too. You must really hate metal detectors and XRay devices (Which are harmful actually in large doses), don't you? How about online search histories? It's necessary and in character for my character to gather info for later use in such a way.

Anyway, lets move on with the RP. If you want information from Amber, you're going to have to actually talk to her. Sorry.

Really, you're telling the shy pony to actually talk to others to gather basic info? It's in character for her to not do that, and would waste time. She doesn't find your character particularly interesting. Just Calibur and Crysteel. If you're apologizing then I will too. Sorry.

I really would like to move on, if you'd let me and could understand this is in character for my character and causes zero actual personal harm.

Edited by bronislav84

That same can be said for Chrysteel. Growing up is a place where ponies are nothing but a food source, doesn't tend to lead to a very social media eperience. The only reason for her ambassador like nature is because of what she use to be. I am sorry as well and what she did is a spell that can emulate her sense ability. But your taking it as if my chara is actually hurting your by using a spell that doesn't do damage.

It seem that neither the player nor the character understands and it is turning me off to this RP. One player can ruin an RP for many.

I must apologize but because of Amber's constant making of her point and refusal to listen to the fact that what was done is what the Character is, I must withdraw from this RP. I have lost interest because the most important aspect, beside being an element of harmony, of my chara is said to be OP. When it is a natural part of who she is.

Till another time, again sorry.

(edited)

No you're being paranoid and way too self conscious. Neither of us is knows your character's life story IC or cares to know it (At least for the moment), so no your character's mind isn't being read, nor is it an advantage to find out extremely basic information. Really, how is recalling your character's race from looking it up in Sparky's internal database an advantage?

It would be unfair, if actual important insight was being gathered. Seriously how is any of the info gathered for the database important insight? This is in character for my character who is a shy pony who doesn't directly interact unless she has to, especially with there being a lot of players. She's not ready to fully accept these forced friendships just yet.

No, I really don't know because you're being paranoid and I can't identify with what you're saying at all. There's a lot of that in real life too. You must really hate metal detectors and XRay devices (Which are harmful actually in large doses), don't you? How about online search histories? It's necessary and in character for my character to gather info for later use in such a way.

Really, you're telling the shy pony to actually talk to others to gather basic info? It's in character for her to not do that, and would waste time. She doesn't find your character particularly interesting. Just Calibur and Crysteel. If you're apologizing then I will too. Sorry.

I really would like to move on, if you'd let me and could understand this is in character for my character and causes zero actual personal harm.

I'm talking about the Changeling's power moreso than your scan, seeing as the only thing that does is tell you what species Amber is? I was under the impression it did more than that, judging by the way Chrysteel was trying to block it. Sorry for that.

(I Haven't memorized your usernames yet, also, so I guess I was talking to the wrong person. For that, I'm sorry. Your own rudeness was still pretty uncalled for though.)

But regarding that last bit--getting a shy character to interact with others is not an impossible task.

Moving on.

That same can be said for Chrysteel. Growing up is a place where ponies are nothing but a food source, doesn't tend to lead to a very social media eperience. The only reason for her ambassador like nature is because of what she use to be. I am sorry as well and what she did is a spell that can emulate her sense ability. But your taking it as if my chara is actually hurting your by using a spell that doesn't do damage.

It seem that neither the player nor the character understands and it is turning me off to this RP. One player can ruin an RP for many.

I must apologize but because of Amber's constant making of her point and refusal to listen to the fact that what was done is what the Character is, I must withdraw from this RP. I have lost interest because the most important aspect, beside being an element of harmony, of my chara is said to be OP. When it is a natural part of who she is.

Till another time, again sorry.

Sorry, it definitely wasn't my intention to turn you off this RP. D: I like your character, I just wanted Amber to react the way she would--her mind is rather turbulent, so I felt she'd be a bit frazzled with sensory overload, and that was what i was trying to portray with my most recent post. Sorry if I went overboard and ruined this for you. I guess I'm getting to used to EQE, so powers like this are really outside of my comfort zone. I prefer to be anchored in canon, so I guess I've lost some of my flexibility from that.

u_u I'd appreciate your return. I'll try to be a little more cooperative. Same to you, Lektra. And Swinton, sorry for starting all this and causing you trouble. I shall drop it.

Amber I hope you're happy. If you keep going on about unfairness of harmless things, I'll probably drop out too. That is what you want, isn't it?

(No, sorry. This really was not my intention at all. I was just trying to make the RP a little more fair...I guess we all have a different definition of that, though. You're being a little hostile and rude though. I guess I was hostile, too. Sorry.) Edited by AmberDust

(edited)

I'm talking about the Changeling's power moreso than your scan, seeing as the only thing that does is tell you what species Amber is? I was under the impression it did more than that, judging by the way Chrysteel was trying to block it. Sorry for that.

(I Haven't memorized your usernames yet, also, so I guess I was talking to the wrong person. For that, I'm sorry. Your own rudeness was still pretty uncalled for though.)

But regarding that last bit--getting a shy character to interact with others is not an impossible task.

Moving on.

Sorry, it definitely wasn't my intention to turn you off this RP. D: I like your character, I just wanted Amber to react the way she would--her mind is rather turbulent, so I felt she'd be a bit frazzled with sensory overload, and that was what i was trying to portray with my most recent post. Sorry if I went overboard and ruined this for you. I guess I'm getting to used to EQE, so powers like this are really outside of my comfort zone. I prefer to be anchored in canon, so I guess I've lost some of my flexibility from that.

u_u I'd appreciate your return. I'll try to be a little more cooperative. Same to you, Lektra. And Swinton, sorry for starting all this and causing you trouble. I shall drop it.

(No, sorry. This really was not my intention at all. I was just trying to make the RP a little more fair...I guess we all have a different definition of that, though. You're being a little hostile and rude though. I guess I was hostile, too. Sorry.)

To be honest, it is stuff like this that can brighten a player up. I know what it feels like. Chrysteel has been a character OC I have been developing for quite some time. She is far from complete or perfect, in my eyes. It is RPs like this one that allow me to make her more complete. I am glad to know that it may be posible to still help Chrysteel grow. As for the reason it is so hard to develop her, it is because she is a changeling type OC and most people don't want to play with her. That is because they think because she is a changeling, she will only be forceful with player control. I try to avoid that sterio type like the plegue. I put her together and just from seeing her race they says no and they try to be kind about it. But they fail miserably.

I resigne my withdraw. I will continue with this RP.

Edited by Midnight_Aurora

To be honest, it is stuff like this that can brighten a player up. I know what it feels like. Chrysteel has been a character OC I have been developing for quite some time. She is far from complete or perfect, in my eyes. It is RPs like this one that allow me to make her more complete. I am glad to know that it may be posible to still help Chrysteel grow. As for the reason it is so hard to develop her, it is because she is a changeling type OC and most people don't want to play with her. That is because they think because she is a changeling, she will only be forceful with player control. I try to avoid that sterio type like the plegue. I put her together and just from seeing her race they says no and they try to be kind about it. But they fail miserably.

I resigne my withdraw. I will continue with this RP.

Glad to hear it. :)

AmberDust, would you like to help me with another OC. I posted an SoL RP with him as main. Need the cannon characters listed to run it right. Celestia or Luna i may control for intro purposes but after that they are also open. All cannon characters are available for that one.

(edited)

@@AmberDust
First of all I would like to say thank you.

I would just like to clarify a couple of points.

Sparky's basic Magiscan collects information to be recalled later and files them with the name which is already known by then when first meeting the individual. These things are: Race/injuries/location/heart rate. These four items are to make a profile for the individual. So it does do more, but is pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things. It's designed for the purpose of being able to help the individual if they need assistance at some point, for example if a hoof is broken Sparky would be able to recall it in a not broken state and help someone with healing abilities heal properly. In general though, this information is used to build a database of individuals Lektra and Sparky have met.

I have found that with those that are shy the only way to get them to interact is to let them get acclimated to things. It will happen on it's own.

That said, if you feel I was rude to you I'm sorry for that also. It's just that we were going back and forth about it and there was no end in sight, with you just insisting stuff wasn't fair. I was only trying to explain things I swear. in EvE the GM sets what's fair and what isn't. If something is called unfair, only Swinton has final say. He's already given his final say a while ago. EvE RPs are generally derivative canon, not strict like EqE, and many are completely off the handle. That's how the two sections differ, and only the GM of that RP is allowed to dictate what's allowed. Please understand this.

I'm sorry also. I'm glad we could finally move on from this and get back to having fun.

(Aurora if you get a notification about this, just know I highlighted the wrong person. Oops)

Edited by bronislav84

For once I sleep in till 10 (It's a public holiday), practise oral hygiene, check letterbox, free the dog, and WHAT ON EARTH HAPPENED WHILE I WAS GONE?

I'm ashamed that you guys bicker this much. Haven't I told you all to move on. Must we learn the hard way twice? Tao left because of this constant fighting!

But it's good to see you've all made up and buried it at last.

Please leave all the decision making to The Master Of The Universe.

I'll be setting a few new rules after breakfast.

Sorry but your OC's back story may potentially disrupt our RP

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

AmberDust, would you like to help me with another OC. I posted an SoL RP with him as main. Need the cannon characters listed to run it right. Celestia or Luna i may control for intro purposes but after that they are also open. All cannon characters are available for that one.

PM me with some links if you want help. :)

I'm ashamed that you guys bicker this much. Haven't I told you all to move on. Must we learn the hard way twice? Tao left because of this constant fighting!

But it's good to see you've all made up and buried it at last.

Please leave all the decision making to The Master Of The Universe.

I'll be setting a few new rules after breakfast.

No offence, master of the universe, but you didn't help settle that argument at all. -_- You simply told us to stop disagreeing with each other lo.l

Well, it all worked out regardless. :P

Edited by AmberDust

Bron:next time leave Sparky at home

Aurora: no more group spells, only those that effect the environment or yourself

Amber: just trust me

Calibro: Keep being Switzerland

Arcing: Could you wait till the next arc? (PM me for details)

Pepper: Great job, going as to plan

Everyone who doesn't have one, gets a scarf

Found a way to explain Sallie's disappearance, it's dark

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Alright. I will have to do that. Btw that means she will no longer be able to get the love she needs for survival. Can't affect others, she will eventually become weak and die. But you said only affect environment and self. Soon, about a week or so, She will weaken. That is the length of time before she gains weakness Love Starvation.

Edited by Midnight_Aurora

(edited)

It is fine bronislav84. BTW, would you be willing to help with another chara? RP is in planing stage and it seems nopony is interested in helping me make a good alicorn character.

Yea, as Amber said I'll PM you also. :)

PM me with some links if you want help. :)

No offence, master of the universe, but you didn't help settle that argument at all. -_- You simply told us to stop disagreeing with each other lo.l

Well, it all worked out regardless. :P

I'm just glad we figured things out. :)

Bron:next time leave Sparky at home

Aurora: no more group spells, only those that effect the environment or yourself

Amber: just trust me

Calibro: Keep being Switzerland

Arcing: Could you wait till the next arc? (PM me for details)

Pepper: Great job, going as to plan

Everyone who doesn't have one, gets a scarf

Found a way to explain Sallie's disappearance, it's dark

You know I can't do that, similar to how Aurora can't have Crysteel without her Love Sense or whatever it's called. Edited by bronislav84

All we have are scarves and you have an awesome robot!

Everybody continue posting and ignore the fact that Sallie is missing. I'll explain it after we free Pepper. I plan to make it short so we can move to the next arc of the rp and introduce Arcing, also we are a spot open, any friends you'd like to hop on board?

• Brohoof 2