Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would you say if Luna had won?

Tom Snyder

To clarify, i'm asking if Nightmare Moon(Luna) had won, and destroyed the elements completely. But i would love to see how this scenario played out in a movie, the mane six having to find another way to save Luna. So how do you believe they would do it?

Edited by Candy Star
  • Brohoof 1

Well, the show couldn't continue if Nightmare Moon had won. If it was a full movie then a temporary victory could have been done but that was not the case. Perhaps that would have been interesting. Or not.

• Brohoof 1

The story would be much different. I would actually like to see the mood the show would have if Luna had won and seasons were spent trying to defeat her. Would be cool.

• Brohoof 1

That would be surprising for a villain to win so early, but I would also be curious to see exactly where they would go with it-I always have wondered what Equestria would look like under Nightmare Moon's rule, especially since Lauren Faust said that if she won, eternal night would have just been the first of her changes to creating an era of evil.

It would be kind of cool to see the Mane Six and Spike trying to figure out a way to stop her rule without the Elements of Harmony.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Would you see this as a movie or Something someone would do a fic on? I wouldn't want anyone who doesn't have some mastery of writing doing this kind of thing; only those who do. But i think "Past Sins" captured that perfectly if that happened.

Edited by Candy Star

Nah, the Mane 6 would have still found a way to defeat Nightmare Moon because you know, they're the Mane 6!

Nothing much was going to happen if she won you know. Well other than Equestria falling into eternal darkness and all the other things that happen when you don't have sunlight. No life. Nightmare Moon is basically Luna in a rage where she wants ponies to appreciate her night but she didn't think about the consequences of an eternal night so Equestria is really fortunate that the Mane 6 defeated her.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Nah, the Mane 6 would have still found a way to defeat Nightmare Moon because you know, they're the Mane 6!

Nothing much was going to happen if she won you know. Well other than Equestria falling into eternal darkness and all the other things that happen when you don't have sunlight. No life. Nightmare Moon is basically Luna in a rage where she wants ponies to appreciate her night but she didn't think about the consequences of an eternal night so Equestria is really fortunate that the Mane 6 defeated her.

I didn't mean she won completely, i would love to see a movie about this scenario; and the how the mane 6 deal with it. Think of it as an alternate route if they elements were destroyed, but they'd find a way to save Luna. I know what the consequences are; i just want to see the ideas of how you guys think they could defeat her.

Edited by Candy Star

Nah, they'd die from the cold and the night would last forever. Twilight is a pretty damn powerful unicorn but what is she against a supervillain who can rival Celestia's power?

If NM had managed to destroy the EoH, the Mane 6 would have had a really hard tiime trying to beat her.

• Brohoof 1

Nah, they'd die from the cold and the night would last forever. Twilight is a pretty damn powerful unicorn but what is she against a supervillain who can rival Celestia's power?

If NM had managed to destroy the EoH, the Mane 6 would have had a really hard tiime trying to beat her.

Yes, but the show seems to defy logic, so i think the writers wouldn't have everypony die. They'd ignore every consequence and make it look good.

To clarify, i'm asking if Nightmare Moon(Luna) had won, and destroyed the elements completely. But i would love to see how this scenario played out in a movie, the mane six having to find another way to save Luna. So how do you believe they would do it?

I would say best pony won, now back to the gamerluna tumblr to see if anything new has been posted ;)

• Brohoof 2

If Nightmare Moon had won, all life all Equestria would either freeze or starve to death under a sunless sky. Equestria would become a barren icy rock floating in space.

There would be hope in Discord returning to save world and bring the sun out once again to restore life.

Edited by Bendy
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

If Nightmare Moon had won, all life all Equestria would either freeze or starve to death under a sunless sky. Equestria would become a barren icy rock floating in space.

There would be hope in Discord returning to save world and bring the sun out once again to restore life.

I think everyone tends to forget that MLP is not known for obeying the laws of nature or logic for that matter; so the consequences wouldn't have much say in the show. There are plants that can survive the cold, so not everything will die out.

Edited by Candy Star

Oh well I guess if you really want the Mane 6 to win, here's how it would go in my opinion:

Nightmare Moon destroys EoH and is too busy to laughing to notice little rainbow streaks coming out from the fragments of the destroyed Elements. The rainbow streaks go inside the Mane 6 and now they do not need to wear the Elements of Harmony because they literally become the Elements.

And theen Twiilght and the gang do their thing before NMM even realizes what is going on.

• Brohoof 1

Oh well I guess if you really want the Mane 6 to win, here's how it would go in my opinion:

Nightmare Moon destroys EoH and is too busy to laughing to notice little rainbow streaks coming out from the fragments of the destroyed Elements. The rainbow streaks go inside the Mane 6 and now they do not need to wear the Elements of Harmony because they literally become the Elements.

And then Twilight and the gang do their thing before NM even realizes what is going on.

That's a little cheesy if you ask me, but i'll take what i can get.

Obviously it is going to be cheesy because if Nightmare Moon destroys the Elements, what is there to stop her?

Unless you want to make up some stuff just so the Mane 6 can win even though they've clearly lost.

• Brohoof 1

Well, it would certainly be an event taht would grab my attention, and I would certainly watch.

However considering the tone of the show at that time I'm not sure if they could keep interest going. If NMM would've won what would that have done to the SoL style of the show? How would the characters we know and love grow & develop?

While it is an interesting idea I'm glad we never went that route. :)

• Brohoof 1

This idea is sort of like the old Sonic the Hedgehog comics where Eggman ruled the world & Sonic was the head of the underground against him.  IDK if they could have done this in a TVY cartoon & kept the quality (1st batch of Sonic cartoons were not as good as My Little Pony)

• Brohoof 1