Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming I got Medal of Honor yesterday

Discordian

The very first one on PS1. My ex bought it and sent it to me. She says she almost got me Um Jamma Lammy but went with MoH instead. I would have liked UJL too but I'm glad she decided on MoH. So far I'm up to the second stage of the second mission. The game likes to glitch on me though and cut off the level so I can't move foward, like the level goes totally black at one point and if you walk into it you enter a void and then all you can do is turn around and the world reappears but never moves forward in the level.

There's three things I can think cause this:

1) The game is scratched as hell (was bought used) so that may be it.

2) I'm playing it on PS3 which has good emulation but some games aren't perfect on it

3) It was originally this glitchy, having never played it before I wouldn't know either way.

Still, I'm loving it so far.

The original medal of honor is probably the best fps on the ps1, so many memories.

I've never played any FPS' on PS1 so I can't say that for myself but I do definitely like it. Never played a military shooter before either so that's there too. Now I'm gonna have to try later games in the series as well as the Call of Duty series to decide for myself which one I like more. (There's usually a debate here and there about which of the two is better.)

• 2 years later...

Medal of Honor Allied Assault, and it's DLC(s), are the bomb. Still fun to play today!

(edited)

Loved the first one to death. If you enjoy it, then you should definitely try Frontline, Underground, and Allied Assault, they're some of the best games ever

Edited by Kamina

(edited)

Loved the first one to death. If you enjoy it, then you should definitely try Frontline, Underground, and Allied Assault, they're some of the best games ever

Man, I haven't even played it since I got it cuz of the PS3 glitchiness. I gotta try it out on my PS2 and hope the glitches weren't caused by the disc being scratched.

I heard the newer MoH games are very good though and there probably isn't any reason to go back to the older ones after playing them.

Edited by Discordian

Man, I haven't even played it since I got it cuz of the PS3 glitchiness. I gotta try it out on my PS2 and hope the glitches weren't caused by the disc being scratched.I heard the newer MoH games are very good though and there probably isn't any reason to go back to the older ones after playing them.

It depends on what you mean by newer. But since you said that you have never played a modern military shooter game, the newest MoH games may be very fun for you, as you wouldn't have been burnt out on the brown and grey color palette, and the scripted hand holding events. But if you mean newer as in frontlines or rising sun then yes, after playing those it is very hard to go back to the originals.

It depends on what you mean by newer. But since you said that you have never played a modern military shooter game, the newest MoH games may be very fun for you, as you wouldn't have been burnt out on the brown and grey color palette, and the scripted hand holding events. But if you mean newer as in frontlines or rising sun then yes, after playing those it is very hard to go back to the originals.

Basically anything newer than the one that I have.

I have played a couple of military shooters more recently but not many still. I can't find my copy of Modern Warfare 3 but I don't honestly have a lot of desire to play that. What little time I had with it was boring. Not fond of the twitchy, bullet-sponge type gameplay that it had.

Basically anything newer than the one that I have.I have played a couple of military shooters more recently but not many still. I can't find my copy of Modern Warfare 3 but I don't honestly have a lot of desire to play that. What little time I had with it was boring. Not fond of the twitchy, bullet-sponge type gameplay that it had.

Airborne has to be my favorite, as it is one of the few games that give you an open fps level, and allow you to take objectives at will. Also lets you air drop into whatever area you want, and select your own loadout. Compared to other military shooters at the time, it was amazing freedom.

And if you don't like modern warfare 2 style gameplay, I'd stick with the WWII era MoH games, as the modern ones play like a carbon copy of CoD, but with knee sliding.

I dunno if it's that I don't like it or just wasn't in the mood for it. I find that sometimes if I try to play a game I'm really not feeling I'll look for any reason to hate it so I try to avoid playing it until such time that I am in the mood for it.

Only Medal of Honor game I've played is Heroes 2 on the Wii. That was back when online multiplayer was kinda new to me and playing with 31 other people was just amazing at the time. Of course, now I expect 32 players or more as a standard, but back then the most players in a multiplayer game I've seen was 18.

• 2 weeks later...

I've played the one for Gamecube, but I could never get past the first level. It's better than CoD for sure.